Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. (20527 Views)

Ndume: Akpabio Has Reduced Senate To FG Parastatal — Salihu Lukman / Alaghodaro Summit Not A Govt Parastatal, Has No Office In Govt House - Edo Govt / My Experience At Inec Obio/akpor Pvc Collection Centre, Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by cooltola(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
that one is nothing , wait till you visit the Nigeria Embassy. If you know, you know
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by maestroferdi: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
that's heartless.. And you are happy somebody lost their job because of you. I am in no way in support of the way you got treated. But habba how can you get some one sacked in this harsh economy and you have peace of mind. You dont know if she is her family's bread winner..
I keep saying it that two wrongs do not make a right.

I his quest to get even, he has succeeded in getting a person sacked from her job. He will carry the burden around like a millstone round his neck.

We all bungle it from time to time and yet God forgives us.

Say no to impulsiveness...
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by dauntless15(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
They keep collecting money from me, even if the parcel you're receiving is a toothpick, you'll pay from 500 and above, I've lost count of how much they've taken from me, come with money o, thats the last thing they say before ending the call.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by sampete(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
I was at Nipost office sometime ago to pickup a package, after paying the requisite dues demanded, two of the staffs accosted me outside the office demanding for eyesore for safeguarding my package...i just looked at them and walk away with replying.

Another package came in later on, only for it to disappear when it got to their office. Till now, package has not been found.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by bentwood85(m): 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
sweetonugbu:
BOI and BOA but BOA is worse in short it's dead.

I had the worst treatment ever in my life at BOI
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by bentwood85(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
hergists:

Risky move. In as much as I don't support her attitude, don't you think that you went to the extreme in dealing with her?

It seems you are a civil servant?
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Moyenii(f): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
If she is actually her family's breadwinner, that's enough reason for her to have carried out her job diligently and not make life difficult for others because she was a government employee. It's like you haven't experienced this kind of thing first hand
Depressed101:
that's heartless.. And you are happy somebody lost their job because of you. I am in no way in support of the way you got treated. But habba how can you get some one sacked in this harsh economy and you have peace of mind. You dont know if she is her family's bread winner..

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by tot(f): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
maestroferdi:
I keep saying it that two wrongs do not make a right.

I his quest to get even, he has succeeded in getting a person sacked from her job. He will carry the burden around like a millstone round his neck.

We all bungle it from time to time and yet God forgives us.

Say no to impulsiveness...

If a person is being paid to do a job, they had better not shirk it and then claim God forgives us when we sin.

Nigeria will not move forward if we continue with this kind of mindset and approach to professionalism. Countries that have a working public sector did not get there by excusing bad behaviour.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by tot(f): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
dauntless15:
They keep collecting money from me, even if the parcel you're receiving is a toothpick, you'll pay from 500 and above, I've lost count of how much they've taken from me, come with money o, thats the last thing they say before ending the call.

If you continue paying it and not challenge it, things will not change.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by KushLyon(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
So because she's the breadwinner of her family then that means she shouldn't have sense and keep treating people anyhow? Maybe it's the same attitude you give your clients at work, I no know why e dey pain you for body.....At least now she have learnt her lesson and will have sense in her next job. Nonsense and ingredients !!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Ligxy(f): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:

If u sue the university, the lecturer will not be sacked for negligence of duty. He will be warned, warned again, queried, another query, panel will sit and debate on his case, then vote, and sack letter if necessary.
There are protocols.
They will sue sometimes and win.
U follow protocols.
Sometimes, they suspend and then call back or sack.
When u don't do that, it's also abuse of office from your angle.

Sorry for what happened to u but that is how it's done.

Although private organisations do sack as they deem fit but they still have labour policies that protect employers else people will abuse it.

That was why I said the lady shouldn't be sacked. Unless someone is lying somewhere, that lady may not have been sacked. That reason holds no water in the court of law and the public service code.
U don't recklessly abuse your power because u want to punish a junior officer. The tides will crash against u if the junior officer has more muscles than u.
U follow due protocols.
As long as it's firs, or any public organisation, even the military, u don't sack because of that. It's impossible.
If the person is known to always do that after severally warning and queries, most times, u set them up with a stronger case and add all to push for the sack.
Most times, they are transferred. Its done a lot in firs, nepa, custom, police, all these big parastatals and agencies.
I know the system so well.

Remember, if the person is giving a query, she may deny what she did. Do u have evidence? It's a job seekers word against the staff.

Too many assumptions in your post. Job seeker? I didn't read anywhere that the poster is a job seeker.
You must be one of the wicked govt workers, they act high and mighty simply because of this same reason you kept repeating, "I can't get fired easily like that"
Make una change o, because you don't know when village pipu go chook finger for una matter.
Ayaf tok my own

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Babalegba(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Blueelf:

Bros, the poster may have begged the fake demi-god govt worker too when she was acting like voltron. See it from both sides.

If this is what being callous means (sacking an incompetent and evil govt worker), then I want to be the master of callousness
Don't worry, you are already living in the country of the callous , Nigeria, where petty thieves are lynched while heavily armed robbers command the street for hours and a governor mismanaged his state during his term but expects ten million naira monthly pension for life while his former subjects subsist on three hundred naira a day
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by francesawesome(f): 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
i still wouldn't have done what she did
That is for you. That she chose to do that doesn't make her a bad person

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TEYA: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
hergists:

Risky move. In as much as I don't support her attitude, don't you think that you went to the extreme in dealing with her?
No she didn't, the reason this country will never change is people like you that think such people should be allowed to have their way (no disrespect intended). In a country with an excess of manpower and a very very high unemployment rate, I wonder why anyone should sit in a government office and act like they are indispensable.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TEYA: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
Nigeria will continue to rot because of people like you. If the economy is harsh is that not good enough reason for an employed person to hold their jobs with trembling and fear and treat people nicely?. We admire efficient systems in Europe and America but are not willing to pay the price..

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TEYA: 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
she must have learnt her lesson when they all came to beg her.. Live and let live.. She went too far
She will do it to someone and beg again. I hope she was truly sacked!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by zed7: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
amiibaby:
I submitted a letter in FIRS and the letter was torn by a lady at TPS all because the have a replica of that letter in their file and she is already stamped it and can't release it cos her signature is in it. When I asked her to just cancel her signature and return my letter she insisted on it being destroyed sat on the waiting chair waiting for her to make up her mind all of a sudden she tore the letter right to my face... I left there and came back the following day with a letter copying the regional office the head office the chairman and to whom it may concern within a second all the people in FIRS came including her and was begging me but I didn't bulge I submitted it and emailed the rest... I heard she has been sacked from FIRS.... Its good to know ur onion
Sack? Sorry but government don't sack like that especially for such an offence. She will receive a query and be posted to another unit. Civil service has codes and appropriate punishments. That's not a 'sackable' offense
Anyway, it's good you know your rights, that's how it should be.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TEYA: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
I have a feeling you were jealous of her... Woman are too heartless.. Tufiakwa
Jealous kwa! I swear Nigerians deserve all the sufferings they face. Yours is the typical mindset of a Nigerian. It is the reason why our leaders behave nonchalantly.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TEYA: 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
mysticgal:

Go and sit down oga. What has been jealous got to do with doing the right thing. Sacking her is a good course of action so please reserve your comments. WTH undecided
Abeg don't mind that one. As stupid as he sounds, many Nigerians reason that way. It is the reason why nothing will ever change.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TEYA: 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
Digriz:
She suppose to know that she might be sacked because of her attitude yet she persisted,she will turn a new leaf if she gets another job. Even her husband or friends will condemn her attitude and no one will pity her.
That is if she tells them the true story. I bet it she'd lie!
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by TEYA: 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:

Even in a developed country, she will not be sacked.
That was wickedness from those u think that are backing u.
She will be warned. That's all.

Don't worry, what goes around comes around, u have made one enemy for life. And unless it's not Nigeria, u will also do what she did and I hope karma visits you.
Except if the developed country you are talking about is Uganda or Congo. Try that nonsense in UK and see what happens to you. Not only will you be sacked, your chances of getting a decent job anytime soon will be slashed to approximately zero.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by folamsimper: 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
amiibaby:
I submitted a letter in FIRS and the letter was torn by a lady at TPS all because the have a replica of that letter in their file and she is already stamped it and can't release it cos her signature is in it. When I asked her to just cancel her signature and return my letter she insisted on it being destroyed sat on the waiting chair waiting for her to make up her mind all of a sudden she tore the letter right to my face... I left there and came back the following day with a letter copying the regional office the head office the chairman and to whom it may concern within a second all the people in FIRS came including her and was begging me but I didn't bulge I submitted it and emailed the rest... I heard she has been sacked from FIRS.... Its good to know ur onion

You see comments of people still blaming you for making someone face the music for being rude and inconsiderate to you without any wrongdoing?

This shows you the mentality of Nigerians. They live a life of no consequence for wrongdoings in the society.

Me, I gave you a like and shared your Post because I know how it feels to be hurt by these clueless civil servants in MDAs. Imagine the embarrassment and the delay in your own activities and plans. Thank you for doing what you did.

I wish more of the impolite ones can lose their jobs for acting weird at work where they are not forced to be enlisted. Wicked souls everywhere in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
TEYA:

Except if the developed country you are talking about is Uganda or Congo. Try that nonsense in UK and see what happens to you. Not only will you be sacked, your chances of getting a decent job anytime soon will be slashed to approximately zero.

I stay there and yes worst than this has happened and nobody was sacked. Or u think they are holy grin
U guys are funny. That's the reality of the world we live in.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Heavance(m): 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
Depressed101:
Why do people think like this for the love of God (after you must have prayed and gone to church).

Do you have any idea of what the person was about to lose before the lady tore the letter?
Have you ever come in contact with these FG workers?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by amiibaby(f): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for that. All those who said I did wrong will face it only then will they understand what i went through
folamsimper:

You see comments of people still blaming you for making someone face the music for being rude and inconsiderate to you without any wrongdoing?

This shows you the mentality of Nigerians. They live a life of no consequence for wrongdoings in the society.

Me, I gave you a like and shared your Post because I know how it feels to be hurt by these clueless civil servants in MDAs. Imagine the embarrassment and the delay in your own activities and plans. Thank you for doing what you did.

I wish more of the impolite ones can lose their jobs for acting weird at work where they are not forced to be enlisted. Wicked souls everywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by jydux(m): 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
[quote author=amiibaby post=84400035]I submitted a letter in FIRS and the letter was torn by a lady at TPS all because the have a replica of that letter in their file and she is already stamped it and can't release it cos her signature is in it. When I asked her to just cancel her signature and return my letter she insisted on it being destroyed sat on the waiting chair waiting for her to make up her mind all of a sudden she tore the letter right to my face... I left there and came back the following day with a letter copying the regional office the head office the chairman and to whom it may concern within a second all the people in FIRS came including her and was begging me but I didn't bulge I submitted it and emailed the rest... I heard she has been sacked from FIRS.... May God bless you for what you did. You eliminated one of these awful people from the public space
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by jydux(m): 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
May God bless you for what you did. You eliminated one of these awful people from the public space

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by slex(m): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
@amiibaby

U just got 1m likes from my soul.. Deal with them Abeg.

This same people blaming you don’t know what it means to work and earn, save your breath.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by ibinaboonline: 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
Wait o. Dem dey give you receipt for NIPOST? Na just stamp dem paste for the letter I carry come, collect money from me, and tell me say make I got slot the letter for inside dem box. That's all
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by frozen70(f): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
hergists:
I'll go first.

I had to collect an envelope from NIPOST. Met with the woman in charge and she had this air of importance all around her.

At first, she checked my receipt and delayed me for about 20 minutes at the counter without telling me where she is going to. She just left me there. I didn't talk. I waited.

Then, she asked me to write my name and address at the back of the envelope. And left me for another 10 minutes or so.

Then, she came back to tell me to sign at the front of the envelope. I did that too. But I wondered why she didn't ask me to do this at a go.

All in all, I spent almost 30 minutes to collect an envelope that shouldn't take up to 5 minutes.

If Nigeria is to move forward and progress, the reform should start from these government agencies.

Your turn,

That establishment is as old as the nation

What do you expect from an old man in terms of performance

Well it can not be compared with with a youth

Now judge it
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
hergists:
I'll go first.

I had to collect an envelope from NIPOST. Met with the woman in charge and she had this air of importance all around her.

At first, she checked my receipt and delayed me for about 20 minutes at the counter without telling me where she is going to. She just left me there. I didn't talk. I waited.

Then, she asked me to write my name and address at the back of the envelope. And left me for another 10 minutes or so.

Then, she came back to tell me to sign at the front of the envelope. I did that too. But I wondered why she didn't ask me to do this at a go.

All in all, I spent almost 30 minutes to collect an envelope that shouldn't take up to 5 minutes.

If Nigeria is to move forward and progress, the reform should start from these government agencies.

Your turn,

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience At A Government Parastatal. by lebete3000: 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
amiibaby:

I'll like to know you better...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shock In PDP As Dogara Returns To APC / CAN Raises Alarm Over Plans To Attack Kaduna, Others, Gives Breakdown Of Plateau / Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.