Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? (1461 Views)

Guys Do You Find Pleasure In This? / She's A Friend's Girlfriend But Takes Pleasure In Sleeping In My Crib. / There Is No Pleasure In Making Love To Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by Navi613: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2010
Not physically.

Emotionally, if one is deprived of the love of a parent, a loved one or anyone in their life (past or present), can there be pleasure in acting detached, untrusting and aloof to punish those around you?

I was watching an episode of House and it made me think weirdly
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by r231(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2010
hmmmmm
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by Dsense(m): 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2010
No idea
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by omega25red(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2010
not sure if it's pleasure. People who go through things like that build up defences and they usually enjoy being in their own comfort zones.
Not that they dont like people coming into their lives they just dont know how to let their gaurds down because they get scared of being hurt again undecided
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by Dsense(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2010
omega25red:

not sure if it's pleasure. People who go through things like that build up defences and they usually enjoy being in their own comfort zones.
Not that they dont like people coming into their lives they just dont know how to let their gaurds down because they get scared of being hurt again undecided
Gbam!!!
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by googles: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2010
Capital yes for me !
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by 190: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2010
stab yourself 3times on your leg

and check if therz pleasure! angry angry angry
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by shakerz1: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2010
Can pain be pleasure? I don't know if that is the best way to decribe the pyschological experiences or feelings of satisfaction some people get from inflicting pain on themselves or others.

But for the longest time I have been wondering at the way some people handle pain and hate from outside. Like you've already mentioned inflicting that same pain on others eases a certain innate aspect of some of us. For example the bully has been abused or is being abused at home. The wife beater is suffering in a matter he cannot explain and by beating his wife it is a form of release of that pain.
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by phemmyka: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2010
yes there is absolute pleasure in pain. take for instance, the pleasure that is derived from pain by W'men wen having S'x. It is only pleasurable to them only if it is painful. without the pain, none, i mean none of them will believe you are good. What an Irony
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by MrCork26: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
for annnal? not sure, ask 190 undecided
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by ddippset(m): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2010
of course there's always pleasure in pain. mostly at nights though. between a man and a woman!
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by flyuche(m): 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2010
O Yes. when you're doing it for the first time. she will understand.
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by Kennyblues(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2010
No pain no gain
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by shadrach77: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2010
of course there can be pleasure in pain - e.g. if one is used to a particular mode of pain they get used to it and begin to derive some form of pleasure in it - for example, people who have lived alone for so long might not find a need to enjoy company of other people because they have become used to their loneliness
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by na2day(m): 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
Yes there is its called [size=13pt]SADO MASOCHISM[/size]
And its a form of madness! lipsrsealed
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by na2day(m): 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2010
You can also ask the [size=13pt]BDSM[/size] (Bondage & Discipline,Sadism & Master) fans
Believe me, what these people do are unimaginable  lipsrsealed
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by platoma: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2010
I DONT KNOW
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by Yorisb: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2010
Mr~Cork:

for annnal? not sure, ask 190 undecided
grin grin
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by iice(f): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2010
Hehe house! They tend to have some awesome cases. The episode with the psycho chick is one of my favorite.

omega25red:

True.

shakerz_1:

Can pain be pleasure? I don't know if that is the best way to decribe the pyschological experiences or feelings of satisfaction some people get from inflicting pain on themselves or others.

But for the longest time I have been wondering at the way some people handle pain and hate from outside. Like you've already mentioned inflicting that same pain on others eases a certain innate aspect of some of us. For example the bully has been abused or is being abused at home. The wife beater is suffering in a matter he cannot explain and by beating his wife it is a form of release of that pain.

True.
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by MissyB3(f): 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2010
shadrach77:

of course there can be pleasure in pain - e.g. if one is used to a particular mode of pain they get used to it and begin to derive some form of pleasure in it - for example, people who have lived alone for so long might not find a need to enjoy company of other people because they have become used to their loneliness
I wouldn't say this is entirely true.
If I pressed a smoldering cigarette[700-800 °C] to my, say, eye on monday, the pains I'd derive from that act would be same, if I tried it again on tuesday, wednesday,
thursday and so on [repeatedly]. I can only know how it feels having a smoldering cigarette make contact with my eye and possibly, get used to the pain, so that, enduring it becomes possible but, that doesn't mean I derive pleasure from it.
The derivation of pleasure from pain is not totally dependent on how long that pain has been around or how often one is subject to that pain.

Topic -
Yes! I can derive pleasure from pain and pain from pleasure- I can be the one receiving the pain and/or pleasure or the one inflicting pain. Take for example, Masochists and sadomasochists.

Emotional pain:  take for instance, an individual who loves to play the victim, always.
I just lost a friend, I certainly feel the hurt, but since I always love to play the victim, I enjoy the presence of the people around me showing pity and sending condolences in my crestfallen state. Indeed, I'm hurt but at the same time, I enjoy that people commiserate with me.

Pain and pleasure don't just happen . . .they are effects.
The cause can either produce pain or pleasure or pain and pleasure or neither.

The loss of my friend- cause
Effects: 1) sorrow 2) satisfaction [derived from having people condole me because of my loss]. Not a perfect example but it's what comes to mind at the mo.
Re: Can There Be Pleasure In Pain? by iice(f): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Emotional pain:  take for instance, an individual who loves to play the victim, always.
I just lost a friend, I certainly feel the hurt, but since I always love to play the victim, I enjoy the presence of the people around me showing pity and sending condolences in my crestfallen state. Indeed, I'm hurt but at the same time, I enjoy that people commiserate with me.

Pain and pleasure don't just happen . . .they are effects.
The cause can either produce pain or pleasure or pain and pleasure or neither.

True.

Missy ★ B:

Topic -
Yes! I can derive pleasure from pain and pain from pleasure- I can be the one receiving the pain and/or pleasure or the one inflicting pain. Take for example, Masochists and sadomasochists.

And Manchausen

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Ladies Materialistic When It Comes To A Relationship? / Does True Love Depends On Religion? / Ladies And Gents. What Will You Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.