Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,742 members, 7,831,370 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. (8298 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by zebi76: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2010
Marriage is overrated, probably a consequence of our low development index. Its the only thing we do!!
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Dsense(m): 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2010
MsTom:

you dont have to leave.
Nah! U didn't ge it.I meant i'm out of ur disagreement cheesy
I'm still on this topic ofcourse. , . AFTER ALL we re here to disagree nd to concur, . . . . . .So No Biggy.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by MsTom(f): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2010
D-sense:

Nah! U didn't ge it.I meant i'm out of your disagreement cheesy
I'm still on this topic ofcourse. , . AFTER ALL we re here to disagree nd to concur, . . . . . .So No Biggy.

Cool!
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Mobinga: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2010
Marriage/Love is a dreadful bond.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by MissEZ(f): 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2010
Zebi 76? Marriage is overrated?? Seriously Heres the thing, if you dont want to get married, then dont, but the whole point of marriage is to have a companion and ultimately have a family. In the US you find people having kids, living together and such, is that not indirectly having a marriage? if you are mature enough to have intimacy, have kids and live together, then the responsible thing to do is get married. Thats just my thought sha.

I know people marry and get divorced, that's usually the come back the marriage debate, my response to that is, if people are truly honest and open before they get married, treat each other with respect, decency and love, put God as the center of their home, remain faithful and committed to one partner. trials will come, but they will stand the test of time. But in most cases people dont live up to all these things, some times its not their fault, other times, issues could have been handled better.

If we continue to see marriage as bondage, then thats what it will be for you

Anyways thats just my thought, you dont have to agree
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by DAY12(m): 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2010
@ MsTom,

You ve said well, very comprehending & exceptional, so therefore you can let Dsense go if he wants to go.

I opened dis thread just to capture & clench some point of view about been forced to marriage, Mind you, am not ready for it now & not even closer to foutie. tongue cheesy

Lemme tell ya a little story, My friend's mom is upset that his son has been with her fiance for 4 years and thy're still not married. They've been engaged for a year now, live together, but they planning to wait another 1-2 (probably 2) years to marry. Both of them are graduate students and Bank employees as well.

They are both almost 30 and my friend's mom seems to think is abnormal, ridiculous, destined to be an "old maid." He not even speaking with her mom presently and that woman hate's me my Shi--ttt, because she tot's my friend is following my trace, and I felt badly that she can't understand my point of view.

So, ladies and Gents, Why rush when you are not ready or finds ur partner, as for me I can wait as long as God wants, ain't gonna rush over nuffin, because am still enjoying my lepa and orobo chicks, grin grin grin grin

am still expecting ur comments, abeg nor fall my hand ooo. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Dsense(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2010
Ur body just fell , . . . , . So U prefer MsTom to me? angry
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by marcus1234: 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Dsense(m): 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by DAY12(m): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2010
D-sense:

your body just fell , . . . , . So U prefer MsTom to me? angry

Simply bcus you fall my hand! but no worry i go catch u for area grin
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Dsense(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2010
DAY11.:

Simply bcus you fall my hand! but no worry i go catch u for area grin
I no dey pass by dat corner wey i see u dey smoke weed last time again tongue tongue
Na undergound i dey go now.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by zebi76: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2010
@miss EZ; your views are quite fine with me, though I have nothing against marriage I believe people shouldnt take it as a do or die affair!!
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by MissEZ(f): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2010
While i agree that people shouldnt get married until they are ready, shouldnt we act responsibly while we are in the waiting process. Me i dont understand all this free for all party day11 is advocating o,
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2010
wait till you are 50 years cry cry cry cry ode
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by zebi76: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2010
seems like this!!

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by MissEZ(f): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2010
i agree Zebi, marriage isnt do or die. That tends to be the case in naija
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by DAY12(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
Miss EZ:

While i agree that people shouldnt get married until they are ready, shouldnt we act responsibly while we are in the waiting process. Me i dont understand all this free for all party day11 is advocating o,

I said forcing to get married? I'd never said they re ready.

Some months backs, I read a comment abt somebody asking for suggestion if he can marry with 30k salary & only 150k savings in his bank acct! My own opinion is dat, Dis person can surely go ahead and marry as long as nobody is forcing him and he knws what he want and def if he can cut his coat according to his size. cool

So, Miss EZ Wizzee, Im trying to escape your contributions, U have said well also. ( chop ur indommie while is hot )  grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Miss Ez, can i meet u? wink
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by MaiSuya(m): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
Wait till you're ready, simple!  tongue
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by MissEZ(f): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2010
lol Day11 seriously? after all you have said, lol, nothing do u sha
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by zebi76: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2010
Miss EZ:

lol Day11 seriously? after all you have said, lol, nothing do u sha

cool cool cool grin grin randy fellow!!
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by DamiKhojie(m): 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2010
It's not by force. If it's not for you it's not for you although I doubt ur parents will want to hear it.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by oyinda3(f): 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2010
wow i can't believe a 40 yr old man person created this topic.

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Dsense(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2010
Sista or mummy Oyinda is that ur pic?. . . . undecided undecided
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by oyinda3(f): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2010
what is wrong with my pic o, Mr. D-sense? undecided
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by ohaechesi(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2010
@poster

how are my sure you are not mesmerizing. that at "40" you don't have a family of your own, a home base for that matter. i guess you are not a succubus grin
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Dsense(m): 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
Nothing ma. . . , Infact it's cut nd gorgeous  cool
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by ohaechesi(m): 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2010
oyinda.:

what is wrong with my pic o, Mr. D-sense? undecided

is that truely your pic, omo i no wan bad dreams dis night oh grin
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by oyinda3(f): 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2010
D-sense:

thnx dear

ohaechesi:

is that truely your pic, omo i no wan bad dreams dis night oh grin

u dey craze
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by ohaechesi(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2010
D-sense:

the pic suppose make front page oh grin   infact, lets move to another topic with the pic sharp sharp grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by Dsense(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2010
Loooooooooooooooooool.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by ohaechesi(m): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2010
oyinda.:

thnx dear

u dey craze

Sorry ma, i no dey craze, i had wanted to say your pic is the NL most gorgeous pic of the year. pardon me ma, it was a sleep of tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. by mrofficial(m): 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2010
No go shine the wrong congo shaa. You're on your own ooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See This 4 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? / How Do You Know He/she Was The One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.