Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Pregnancy And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pregnancy And Relationships (1135 Views)

Pregnancy And Broken Marriage Plans - Please Advice / Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2010
Why do guys TEST women's fertility before deciding to marry her or to see if she WORTH THE WOMAN SHE IS?

Why do guys ASSUME just because they marry a woman she must bear HIM CHILDREN? Why do EVERY TRADITIONAL FAMILIES EXPECT CHILDREN upon marriage?

Why not adopt children that is orphan and without decent parents? I have noticed that African men take pride in producing children and raising them, HOWEVER don't we have too MANY CHILDREN without PARENTS ALREADY?

Relationships shouldn't be about a woman ability to have children, it should be about partnership between the two and men learning that NOT EVERY WOMEN SHOULD BEAR CHILDREN even when married or engaged,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2010
Dsense,

Did you say that pregnant women easily faint, who told you that?
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by Dsense(m): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
Ur first paragraph hit point!
But the second paragraph hit shittt,What do u mean by adoption when ma wife can give birth to children for me nd not barren angry
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by Dsense(m): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Dsense,

Did you say that pregnant women easily faint, who told you that?
Derived out of ma research when firstly impregnated u tongue
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2010
Don't let my husband see you say something like that! He gon get AFRICAN MANDINGO WARRIOR ON YO @!
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by Dsense(m): 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Don't let my husband see you say something like that! He gon get AFRICAN MANDINGO WARRIOR ON YO @!
Give his Number. . . .Watch ur student brutalizing ur hubby!
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2010
Oh my! Why would you want to brutalize my hubby cos you trying to impregnate his wife? cry
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by Dsense(m): 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Oh my! Why would you want to brutalize my hubby cos you trying to impregnate his wife? cry
So u don't luff me anymore cry cry cry cry
Ok now I'M ASKING U TO CHOOSE BTW ME ND U HUSB
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Why do guys TEST women's fertility before deciding to marry her or to see if she WORTH THE WOMAN SHE IS?

Why do guys ASSUME just because they marry a woman she must bear HIM CHILDREN? Why do EVERY TRADITIONAL FAMILIES EXPECT CHILDREN upon marriage?

Why not adopt children that is orphan and without decent parents? I have noticed that African men take pride in producing children and raising them, HOWEVER don't we have too MANY CHILDREN without PARENTS ALREADY?

Relationships shouldn't be about a woman ability to have children, it should be about partnership between the two and men learning that NOT EVERY WOMEN SHOULD BEAR CHILDREN even when married or engaged,

explain what you mean by testing women's fertility
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by Yorisb: 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2010
*Loading yet. . .*
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2010
Uhmmm let me see Zimdrill,

Testing to see if they can get pregnant undecided

Yorisb,

Don't you have some cliffs to run off?
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 11:57pm On Nov 22, 2010
Dsense,

Imma stay with the man I married, I am sure you will be okay suga!
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Uhmmm let me see Zimdrill,

Testing to see if they can get pregnant undecided

Yorisb,

Don't you have some cliffs to run off?

first time to hear that

is that how men do in nigeria? those woman let men just experiement with them?
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 12:24am On Nov 23, 2010
Not just in Nigeria suga,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:27am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Not just in Nigeria suga,

ok assume he is testing her

what about the woman why cant she protect herself if she aint ready to have child or if she aint sure about the guys future with her
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 12:30am On Nov 23, 2010
Well Zimdrill, I am with you but just know that you are treading on dangerous ground with THESE FOLKS HERE,

I agree with you that women should cover up especially if they are not married, NOW IF THEY ARE MARRIED, then there is no way the husband is going to let her cover up knowing he want some shorties running around in the huts,

I jokingly asked my friend's husband if his wife went up to him and said she didn't want any children what would he do, I THINK I WAS AIRLY SLAPPED and he said something in Yoruba, I think he cussed me out, so the point is, when it come to married women wanting to wait to have children, THESE TRADITIONAL men aint having it,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:37am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Well Zimdrill, I am with you but just know that you are treading on dangerous ground with THESE FOLKS HERE,

I agree with you that women should cover up especially if they are not married, NOW IF THEY ARE MARRIED, then there is no way the husband is going to let her cover up knowing he want some shorties running around in the huts,

I jokingly asked my friend's husband if his wife went up to him and said she didn't want any children what would he do, I THINK I WAS AIRLY SLAPPED and he said something in Yoruba, I think he cussed me out, so the point is, when it come to married women wanting to wait to have children, THESE TRADITIONAL men aint having it,

you are sounding daft dear

even a married woman can cheat the guy on not getting pregnant all she does is go to a healtrhy clinic and have an implant thats it the husband will still fire bullets thinking she aint on pill or anything since the woman would have told him that she aint using the pill or anything

even if they go for test he will be told that she is fine
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 12:39am On Nov 23, 2010
Hmmm,

I thinking you missed my point, but I don't blame ya but to some school systems, they need to be up to par with their methods,

Anyway, CARRY ON,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:41am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Hmmm,

I thinking you missed my point, but I don't blame ya but to some school systems, they need to be up to par with their methods,

Anyway, CARRY ON,

really?

point where you think i missed ?
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 12:42am On Nov 23, 2010
We are talking about TWO DIFFERENT things,

I was talking about Traditional idealogy and you were talking about women being crooked,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:52am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

We are talking about TWO DIFFERENT things,

I was talking about Traditional idealogy and you were talking about women being crooked,

we are talking the same thing dear but you didnt expect my reasoning

i last respond was based on this " NOW IF THEY ARE MARRIED, then there is no way the husband is going to let her cover up "

weather tradionally or what it is up to the woman to fall pregnant if she has means not fall pregnant

the man can climb trees to shout whatever but it up to her to fall if she wants along she has means not get pregnant

i never talked about woman being crooked i talked of them conning men if she doesnt want to fall pregnant
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by Dsense(m): 1:07am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Dsense,

Imma stay with the man I married, I am sure you will be okay suga!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by IgadtSwag(m): 1:17am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Come to fink of it,you jus hit a point and elicited an idea however unknowingly, This change in ideology could actually solve the genotype incompartibility issues.

Say two lovebirds are neck deep in love,they do a test and it is declared they cant go at it no more cos they'll produce kids that'll suffer.Simply change their ideologies and they could go at it and give some poor orphan a home.

Believe me this 'll take a bigger heart and mos def elicit bigger blessings!Jus a thot anyways!
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 1:21am On Nov 23, 2010
Zimdrill,

Crooked is slang for conned suga,

Actually, you was saying that if a woman doesn't want to get pregnant she can go to the doctor to get fix so that she doesn't get pregnant, that was your reasoning,

my point was that Traditionally women are expected to have children upon marriage regardless if they want children or not, and back in the old days, birth control wasn't readily available to mass population, and if a woman is not with child, she is stepped all on over,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:32am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Zimdrill,

Crooked is slang for conned suga,

Actually, you was saying that if a woman doesn't want to get pregnant she can go to the doctor to get fix so that she doesn't get pregnant, that was your reasoning,

my point was that Traditionally women are expected to have children upon marriage regardless if they want children or not, and back in the old days, birth control wasn't readily available to mass population, and if a woman is not with child, she is stepped all on over,

come on woman

using the different words for the same meaning doesnt mean i dont know that they mean the same

read where i used those words still my point is clear and it differs from what you said

you shifted post to only play in old days so that you will win  am sure you posted the thread you didnt want us to forcus only on the old days

if you want us to play in old days then your thread is irrelevent since people of the old days never experiemented with getting a woman preganant before he  marries
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 1:56am On Nov 23, 2010
Zimdrill,

In the old days, pre-sampling were encourage to see if the woman was fertile or not remember there were not fertility tests and technology to see if a woman can get pregnant or not,

There are less now because of the advanced technology and however in some villages pre-sampling are happening now,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:08am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Zimdrill,

In the old days, pre-sampling were encourage to see if the woman was fertile or not remember there were not fertility tests and technology to see if a woman can get pregnant or not,

There are less now because of the advanced technology and however in some villages pre-sampling are happening now,

is that what they used to do in nigeria?

where i came from in old days there was nothing like that hence that the reason why virginty was a big issue on marrying

did those peolple sample before getting married in those old days you are talking about
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 2:10am On Nov 23, 2010
Zimdrill,

Even if virginity was a big thing back in the olden days, the virgin were picked and bought by men who wanted virgins and after they are bought, these men can pretty much do whatever they want with teh women they bought as a wife, and may of them test to see if they are fertile and even if they married them before SAMPLING THEM, if they were without child, they were stepped all over,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:15am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Zimdrill,

Even if virginity was a big thing back in the olden days, the virgin were picked and bought by men who wanted virgins and after they are bought, these men can pretty much do whatever they want with teh women they bought as a wife, and may of them test to see if they are fertile and even if they married them before SAMPLING THEM, if they were without child, they were stepped all over,

was that a normal culture or tradition in nigerian or these started becoz of the slave trade ?

which tribe has that practise ?
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by MrsEve1: 2:17am On Nov 23, 2010
Some traditional villages practiced that and are practicing that,

You keep saying Nigeria, and I am not specifying the countries, only the villages,
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:22am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Some traditional villages practiced that and are practicing that,

You keep saying Nigeria, and I am not specifying the countries, only the villages,

girl you are hiding something

everything in life is linked direct to certain people i.e tribe nation etc

villages in which countries and with tribes in those countries

why cant point it to one certain country if not a tribe ?
Re: Pregnancy And Relationships by mediatrix8(f): 2:41am On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

I heard about this from our Nigerian friend that prior to their marriage they both went to the hospital for blood test,fertility test and some medical examinations to know wether either of the two are capable of having a baby and for some health reasons.This is some kinda weird for us.As far as I know,We don't do such prior to Marriage.We only do fertility test after years of marriage and yet no child.
For us,getting these medical test prior to marriage is a good idea but it is some kinda insult to the bride to be if the groom to be requested him to have the test and vise versa.If you decided to get married means accepting one another to love and to cherish eternally in spite of and despite of whatever circumstances maybe wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your View About Going Spiritual B4 Getting Married? / How Do I Get Out Of This Mess? / Does It Make Sense To Date Someone In Ur Classroom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.