Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma (43392 Views)

Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) / Truth About Lipoma By James Reynolds New / Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Dextre(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help as always!

I found a small ball-like growth in my baby’s neck underneath the flesh. Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

My baby is just barely a year and six months and I’m worried taking him through surgery at this young age.

Doctors and medical practitioners in d house pls help. Is there any other remedies to remove lipoma or must it be surgery?

Note: I asked another doctor in same hospital but he seem to think surgery should be best.
Personally I wanna be sure if that’s my only options pls.

Mods, pls assist. I need help here.

Pictures for illustration

Relax madam,Lipoma is no big issue.. It requires just a minor surgery but y'all can also leave it till she grows a little older. She'll be fine.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Thermodynamics(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
y
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Donkunxex(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtwb4bbDGlc
Been watching this on YouTube for a while.
Doesn't look like a painful procedure..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
okaybabe:
what can result to that kind of sickness?
The doctor says it’s a combination of fat
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by praiseneo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
What is lipoma
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by famzynet: 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
If you are not comfortable with him having the surgery now because of his age,you can wait till he grows a bit older. But the earlier it is done ,the smaller the chances of having scar when he becomes adult.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Oooops: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
Donkunxex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtwb4bbDGlc
Been watching this on YouTube for a while.
Doesn't look like a painful procedure..
Damn... now I’m scared!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by omoadeleye(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
madridguy:
Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

Note: I asked another doctor in same hospital but he seem to think surgery should be best.

Madam after professional advise tell me what else do you need?

Meanwhile, remember to change your DP because you just bring back bad memory of that night of 2010 grin

She needs nairaland professional judgement..
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by OGOg: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2019
I doubt if it's lipoma, in such a young child, very rare in children.
Get an ultrasound it's more likely a branchial cyst or cystic hygroma .
See a paediatric surgeon.
Surgery in children is safe

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by WINDSOW(m): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2019
Fear first catch me, I think say u say ur baby get Ekpoma shocked. My very own EKP!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:

Damn... now I’m scared!!! shocked shocked shocked

Best to do it now when the child is little.

Children heal faster and better than adults and they often have no memory of it later in life.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Ricoluv(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
My dear, lipoma isn't a big deal at all,. even the so called "surgery" to remove it is nothing but a simple procedure.
Just be sure that the hospital is a good one.

Watch this programme (Doctor pimple popper) on DSTV channel 135 and see how lipomas are removed.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by AmazingELixir: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oya gaan see doctor pimple popper
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by freeDR(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
Cystic hygroma is more likely in your child, based on the site of lesion and the age.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by spiceadole: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:
Hi guys,

I found a small ball-like growth in my baby’s neck underneath the flesh. Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery to remove it.

My baby is just barely a year and six months and I’m worried taking him through surgery at this young age.

Doctors and medical practitioners in d house pls help. Is there any other remedies to remove lipoma or must it be surgery?

I am a medical doctor.
Removal of lipoma is a simple surgery.
I had one on my upper arm and removed it.

Please take him for surgery.
Kids younger than him undergo complex surgeries and come out fine.
Lipoma excision biopsy is nothing

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by solozo72(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2019
If the doctors are sure it's Lipoma, go get it removed or simply allow it be. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't cause any harm. The surgery is merely cosmetic. I had Lipoma on the head and after several years of carrying it about, I got down at the airport one day, went straight to my hospital and got it removed before going home same day. It's quite a simple, minimal and safe surgery. Your son will be fine if you do the surgery or decide not to.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by librangyps(f): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
My son has it exactly how you described, he feels no pain at all from it and I never took him to a hospital. He's five now.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Craziestgirl(f): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
I had a swelling on my lower jaw.
Doctors said Lipoma.
Surgery took about ONE hour.

The removed tissue was sent to Pathology for analysis.
The original diagnosis was Wrong.
It was harmless Sebaceous Cyst.

Ma'am, go for the surgery
God bless your baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by oooopss(m): 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2019
We almost have same username lol

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2019
I understand your fear considering the child's age.. I had one for over 5years, just removed it recently and it was a painless procedure trust me.. I think you should follow the doctor's advice and go ahead with the procedure, the earlier the better. Your baby will be fine.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:
Hi guys,

I found a small ball-like growth in my baby’s neck underneath the flesh. Took him to the hospital but the doctor says he has LIPOMA and would require surgery Deto remove it.

I wouldn't want you to conclude too quickly that it's a lipoma. (though I know you have sought opinion of two doctors already who I expect would have carefully examined it)
A child who is that young, there are many possible other causes of neck swelling in children that could easily be mistaken for lipoma.
A neck lump at that age is unlikely to be a lipoma, chances are it would more likely be any of the other conditions I have mentioned below .

Some stuffs like if it's painful, if it was there from birth, if it's been increasing in size, etc could guide the diagnosis and treatment.

It very well could be a lymph node swelling, an abscess (collection of pus), a cyst (fluid filled), etc.
The type of swelling would inform the treatment. If its a lipoma then taking it out would be the definite treatment but it may not be something to do now as we would usually wait till the child is well grown before considering a removal.

My advise to you : get it scanned first to confirm the diagnosis.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by freeDR(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
spiceadole:

I am a medical doctor.

I'd rather advice her to go for a second opinion.
The age of patient and site of lesion is more in keeping with cystic hygroma.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Asad6ixty9: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
Asalamu Alaikum wa rahamatullah. Please, dont go for that surgery. I KNOW A MAN WHO DIED AS A RESULT OF surgery for that. My dad had it but now its gone. He used herbal drugs. This is the number of the man that gave him the drugs. 08037045622 David is his name.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by spiceadole: 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
freeDR:

I'd rather advice her to go for a second opinion.
The age of patient and site of lesion is more in keeping with cystic hygroma.
That's right.
You have a point.
The child needs to be seen by a paediatrician
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by sweetiliciouz(f): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
angelEmade:
you are distressed...I understand.
I have it...now I am 23. its been there since I don't even know...
it doesn't swell it doesn't hurt.
I made a lot of Internet research and visited clinics...its a common condition but if it doesn't hurt...its better left alone...I know people who got it removed though...even locally...the thing is its a simple surgery that medics have perfected since ages before now.
if it's painful for your baby...its better you get it removed now before he grows up. he will thank you for it.
...just visit a good clinic or hospital and all this will soon be but a tale.
I wish you all the best ma'm
I am also 23 ,mine has been there for about six or seven years I have even forgotten about it ,i had to check now and it's still there

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by adecz: 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2019
It may resolve itself as he grows,

If its not causing any pain, better leave
it be for now.

Best wishes
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nthrone(m): 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
If you love that boy, just take him for surgery, don't let him grow up that annoying bump
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Irore: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
Oooops:

Thanks a lot. It isn’t painful even when I press it.
Also it’s not even visible except you touch it. You wouldn’t know it’s there.

Thanks for your response

Did you observe that the child always have his/her finger there such that the spot is infected. My son had a similar experience at a tender age.
Steps:
1. Observe
2. Prevent that finger contact
3. See your doctor
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
Chumachu:
Lipoma is no issue, surgery will take care of it, your child will be fine. I am a doctor.
Seconded.
Re: Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma by Freshbaba95(m): 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
spiceadole:

I am a medical doctor.

I do have one at my back for over 4 years now, first i use to be scared until i watched a video of it on TLC, very painless and fast surgery, though am yet to remove mine cause i don't know how much it might cost, and the Hospital where i can get done. I'm never ashamed to swim without my clothes..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Boy Born With His Organs Outside His Stomach (exomphalos) / Two More Cases Of Coronavirus In Lagos - A Chinese Man And Another Suspected / Lady Confronts Another Lady At A Gym Over Body Odour (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.