Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,251 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government (32779 Views)

Ugwuanyi Inspects Enugu Government's First Flyover Construction / Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Site Of Enugu's Biggest Housing Project / Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Rehabilitation Of Akanu Ibiam Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Sonnyboom: 7:35am On Nov 29, 2019
That should tell something about choosing the lesser of the two evil. After all, it as to be one.

Ojukwubucket:

His father was igbotic but definitely not a bigot like ur father angry
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by mechanics(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2019
So after completion, the house will be vacant abi
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 29, 2019
Zik the genesis of Nigerias problems.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Beosten(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2019
The man that removed secession clause from the Constitution. This is the man iPob should disgrace.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nthrone(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Ugwuanyi is the most useless governor in the country today....

Dude just goes about doing nothing aside playing to the gallery... Enugu is in a mess today while the government is interested in reconstructing the road that leads to athur Ezes house...

Pray for Enugu

Get lost
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by skymight(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2019
GOFRONT:
Just last week, Sir Alex Ferguson's Chewed gum sold for N355Million naira...

Now look at Dr Nnamdi's shoes in the show glass!!!

How much is d price tag??

Which Nigerian is even interested in those shoes??
Bro I'm oooo cox that's vintage shoes. It for rocord keeping after building my house I will like to buy if I go the connection
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by spydey6: 8:13am On Nov 29, 2019
Multiplier7:
Where was Nnamdi Azikiwe during 1967 to 1970 civil war?

I have been asking myself this question. This man went into hiding during those years just to save himself. And the war was dealing mercilessly the IBO's as at the time.

I agree he was just a ceremonial president earlier but he didn't use his statues as former head of state to help his people.

Any other information about him during those period should be posted here please.
Go and read "There was a Country" by Chinua Achebe !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by johnpablo541(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2019
ikpuchinonye1994:
useless chino..stop spewing thrash this early morning.. Zik's spent of his time in Nsukka his grandmother's side than in onitsha cheesy

You don't need to insult people to make your point.

Same thing i heard that zik was closer to his people from Nsukka that was why he chose Nsukka when it was time to establish the first indigenous university in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by AreaFada2: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]

"Maj.Okafor, one captain & a subaltern were assigned to arrest Maj.Gen.Ironsi and Brig. Maimalari..........

I returned to the main group @ the (Dodan Barracks) Officers' Mess.Okafor came....with the bad news that Gen.Ironsi had not been found @ home...But he has since surfaced @ the Dodan Barracks & succeeded in raising troops against us......

After that, he was said to have driven to the 2nd Battalion Barracks @ Ikeja to raise more troops against us.Yet none of the other groups has seen him to accost & arrest him.The news of Ironsi's escape came as a shock to all of us."

"WHY WE STRUCK(The Story Of The First Nigerian Coup)"-Adewale Ademoyega(Page 72-75).
People are very ignorant of what transpired then. Like Zik, Ironsi was a great patriot who believed in Nigeria. They had good reasons to. Nigeria was very promising.
Yes with hindsight some may see them as naive. But back then Igbo were already the best travelled across Nigeria. They saw the beauty of Nigerian diversity. They had no ethnic agenda. Ironsi even sought to bring Nigerians closer by bringing Unitarism, a stick used to flog him nowadays.
Lack of such leaders who believe in Nigeria is the cause of our predicament now.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by somalianprince: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2019
chef22991578729:
OGBONNA you are such a useless frustrated dirty Aba pig. Zik was only visiting Nsukka then because he was the founder and pro-chancelor of the school(UNN). Zik spent most of his life in Lagos and Onitsha where he set up West African Pilot newspaper to serve the East and West.

That was why his main house and resting place is in Onitsha where his great grand father originated from.

Bastard go and read history to know more about Zik of Africa.

This is nothing but plain truth known by everyone that ever read history books.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Stillthebest: 8:24am On Nov 29, 2019
LabDNA:

What kind of lies do some yoruba parents tell their kids when narrating history? Ironsi was targeted for assasination too. His head was also wanted on a plate by the coupists. It was well documented by Major Wale Ademoyega who was one of the coupists in his book..

You damned illiterates of history are polluting the cyberspace with your revisionism.
spydey6 post=84463106:
Go and read "There was a Country" by Chinua Achebe !
Stop it.

In fact, he was the major target. He was at a meeting with Fajuyi, where they demanded Fajuyi to invite him down. He(Fajuyi) was reluctant about it, they (coupists ) went in themselves brought him out claiming he has a magic crocodile stick, manhandle him, neglecting danjumas advice and then dashed away with him to an unknown place where he was killed with col. Faj.

He should have gone for that meeting. That is where I actually blamed him. He was warned severally for an impending coup
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2019
Multiplier7:

I have been asking myself this question. This man went into hiding during those years just to save himself. And the war was dealing mercilessly the IBO's as at the time.

I agree he was just a ceremonial president earlier but he didn't use his statues as former head of state to help his people.

Any other information about him during those period should be posted here please.

He was around that time and supported biafra as well. But wen the killings became too much, he later dissociated himself from the whole biafra thing and call for an end to the war and the killings.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 29, 2019
Aladegba:

Must ypu address our parent? Ehn eleribu omo ale

Who else should he addresses? Ur ancestors? grin grin
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 29, 2019
wwwihy:
Why did Azikiwe accepted the appointment made by Ahmadu Bello to be Ceremonial President as against the Southern Unity being Preached today?

Why did Nnamdi Azikiwe support the break up of Western Region, with NCNC conniving NPC to create Mid-Western Region (Present Day Edo and Delta States), while the Northern and Eastern Regions remained intact? Was is it to bring to halt the Geometric Progression of the Western Region as against the other region on slow developments? Because as at 1962, Western region was already having three Universities, while each other region had one each.

Where was the Ceremonial President Azikiwe during the First Coup that led to Killing of Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa , Ahmad Bello, Premier, and other northern and western leaders?

Where was Azikiwe during the Civil War?

""Because as at 1962, Western region was already having three Universities, while each other region had one each.""

Which 3 universities are u talking about?

Meanwhile the richest region since 1914 is the eastern region.

And please the mid west wasn't entirely created out of the western region, mind the nonsense u say

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Okikaneseokwu: 8:58am On Nov 29, 2019
Multiplier7:

He was even quoted to have urged France to stop sending aids to Biafra, referring to us as ''rebels''.I lost all my respects to him when I saw this kiss
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by LivingSage: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2019
Beautiful question.
I think I have Answer to one.
WHY DID AZIKWE BETRAYED AWOLOWO HAVEN'T REACHED AN AGREEMENT OF FORMING UNITARY GOVERNMENT BETWEEN THE DUO BY FORMING ALLIANCE WITH THE NORTH AND ACCEPTING CEREMONIAL PRESIDENT
He did so because to him, he can't control Awolowo and his people who then were Learned and think he can control Sadauna's. That's selfishness.
Anytime I see our brothers from the East accusing Yorubas of betrayal, It amazes me as to which maybe they've never heard of Zik's incessant betrayal to Awolowo
wwwihy:
Why did Azikiwe accepted the appointment made by Ahmadu Bello to be Ceremonial President as against the Southern Unity being Preached today?

Why did Nnamdi Azikiwe support the break up of Western Region, with NCNC conniving NPC to create Mid-Western Region (Present Day Edo and Delta States), while the Northern and Eastern Regions remained intact? Was is it to bring to halt the Geometric Progression of the Western Region as against the other region on slow developments? Because as at 1962, Western region was already having three Universities, while each other region had one each.

Where was the Ceremonial President Azikiwe during the First Coup that led to Killing of Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa , Ahmad Bello, Premier, and other northern and western leaders?

Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by LivingSage: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2019
Trash. Don't ever talk about Ironsi's ethnic unity again. He's an ethnic bigots WHO SHOWS IT.
AreaFada2:

People are very ignorant of what transpired then. Like Zik, [s]Ironsi was a great patriot who believed in Nigeria. They had good reasons to. Nigeria was very promising.[/s]
Yes with hindsight some may see them as naive. But back then Igbo were already the best travelled across Nigeria. They saw the beauty of Nigerian diversity. [s]They had no ethnic agenda. Ironsi even sought to bring Nigerians closer by bringing Unitarism, a stick used to flog him nowadays.[/s]
Lack of such leaders who believe in Nigeria is the cause of our predicament now.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by AreaFada2: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2019
LivingSage:
Trash. Don't ever talk about Ironsi's ethnic unity again. He's an ethnic bigots WHO SHOWS IT.
Showed bigotry how? By not summarily executing the mostly Western Igbo/Midwestern Igbo coup plotters? Because Anioma Igbo were called such at that time.

Remember he had barely 6 months in office.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Ewedegubbler: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2019
wwwihy:

The same place where Tinubu is right now. Both men will be remembered for the injustice they orchestrated on the south. The only difference is that one the former did out if stupidity for the trash called one Nigeria while the other is doing it now for selfish reasons.

Both of them fingers from the same leprous hand
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by LivingSage: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2019
Even aside the execution, no trial to show CONCERN, employments in all Government parastatals were offered to The Igbos. He's the architect of the sudden death that befall him. I'm not mocking him, that's just the reality
AreaFada2:

Showed bigotry how? By not summarily executing the mostly Western Igbo/Midwestern Igbo coup plotters? Because Anioma Igbo were called such at that time.

Remember he had barely 6 months in office.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by coalcity19: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2019
Multiplier7:

zik lived in Nekede, Biafraland from 1967 to 1968. He was Biafra Ambassador and he negotiated all diplomatic ties with other countries that supported Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by g4gerald: 11:06am On Nov 29, 2019
Multiplier7:

Zik was the brain behind d ending of the civil war
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""Because as at 1962, Western region was already having three Universities, while each other region had one each.""

And please the mid west wasn't entirely created out of the western region, mind the nonsense u say
you meant old eastern region? Not this present eastern regiongringrin
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by slowice(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
Giving honour to whom it's due
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by wwwihy: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Western Region :

1. University of Ibadan
2. University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University)
3. University of Lagos

Eastener Region :
1. University of Nigeria, Nsukka

Northern Region :

1. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by wwwihy: 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Western_Region,_Nigeria

Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by obiem(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
somalianprince:
Great Zik of Africa. Though this governor tried but real Ziks residence is in Onitsha.

You mean the Masoleum?
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
you meant old eastern region? Not this present eastern regiongringrin

There's no eastern region again today in Nigeria.

Yes the old eastern Nigeria has always been the richest in Nigeria.

Today, the richesr region in Nigeria is SS, Followed by SE and then SW is third.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2019
wwwihy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Western_Region,_Nigeria

Avoid Wikipedia.

Bring a link from a reputable website.

Mid west wasn't entirely created from Western Nigeria back den.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
wwwihy:

Western Region :

1. University of Ibadan
2. University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University)
3. University of Lagos

Eastener Region :
1. University of Nigeria, Nsukka

Northern Region :

1. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria

The first and only university in Nigeria as at 1962 was UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA...

Others were colleges of education grin grin
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Who else should he addresses? Ur ancestors? grin grin

That's y the east will never rule
Re: Ugwuanyi Inspects Nnamdi Azikiwe's Residence Renovated By Enugu State Government by LabDNA: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
Aladegba:

Must ypu address our parent? Ehn eleribu omo ale

To be fair. I respect yorubas a lot. Personally I have no qualms with them, they are a great race but some cantankerous elements spread fallacies that destroy the fabric of humanity.

You should join hands with me to call them out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwaseun Sakaba: No Forgiveness For Boko Haram Terrorists Who Killed My Husband / 2023 Presidential Election: Kano State Street Poll (video). / Hyacinth Kwegi And His Family Go To Farm In Benue (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.