Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares (69222 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Japa: Leaked Documents Reveal UK Plans To Deport 3,000 Asylum Seekers Monthly / Iceland Set To Deport Nigerian Couple, Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by PrinceGeorgia: 8:55am On Dec 02, 2019
mutilation in Nigeria
Language
Download PDF
Watch
Edit
Female genital mutilation (FGM), also known as Female Genital Cutting (FGC) in Nigeria accounts for the most female genital cutting/mutilation (FGM/C) cases worldwide.[1] The practices is customarily a family tradition that the young female of the age 0-15 would experience.[2] It is a procedure that involves partial or completely removing the external females Instruments or other injury to the female genital organs whenever for non-medical reasons.[2]

The practice is considered harmful to girls and women and a violation of human rights.[3] FGM causes infertility, maternal death, infections, and the loss of sexual pleasure.[4]

Nationally, 27% of Nigerian women between the ages of 15 and 49 were victims of FGM, as of 2012.[5] In the last 30 years, prevalence of the practice has decreased by half in some parts of Nigeria.[3]

In May 2015, then President Goodluck Jonathan signed a federal law banning FGM.[6] Opponents of the practice cite this move
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by PrinceGeorgia: 8:56am On Dec 02, 2019
mutilation in Nigeria
Language
Download PDF
Watch
Edit
Female genital mutilation (FGM), also known as Female Genital Cutting (FGC) in Nigeria accounts for the most female genital cutting/mutilation (FGM/C) cases worldwide.[1] The practices is customarily a family tradition that the young female of the age 0-15 would experience.[2] It is a procedure that involves partial or completely removing the external females Instruments or other injury to the female genital organs whenever for non-medical reasons.[2]

The practice is considered harmful to girls and women and a violation of human rights.[3] FGM causes infertility, maternal death, infections, and the loss of sexual pleasure.[4]

Nationally, 27% of Nigerian women between the ages of 15 and 49 were victims of FGM, as of 2012.[5] In the last 30 years, prevalence of the practice has decreased by half in some parts of Nigeria.[3]

In May 2015, then President Goodluck Jonathan signed a federal law banning FGM.[6] Opponents of the practice cite this move
No case for Bakare families
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Danwakae(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Deandean:

my guy...u have inferiority complex,true the government is keeping d roads clean,but this ppl re very dirty in there homes,there hardly bath,wash or vacuum clean there abodes....quote me anywhere....We re by far cleaner than they are as individuals.

Lolsss...u are high ... Where do I even starts from

That we neater than those in Canada , when majority of my people here in Taraba , Jalingo , capital city still deficate openly ??, When we still suffers qolera outbreak ??, When we dont have common portable water to drink , When a bucket of water cost N200 in Ran, Borno state and during this period dry season, N300 ??, How do u even expect us to be clean with that , And u want to claim they are dirty in Canada with enough water to bath, weekly fumigation ?, Water system everywhere and public toilet ??, In Nigeria , some tradition forbid u to take ur bath.. Seems u are on N-POWER

2 Likes

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Mcslize:

I understand. But the place is not safe. No matter how developed a place is if it is not safe for foreigners, then it is completely out of the list of place people will want to travel to. South Africa is not a safe country for foreigners.

A country welcoming around 10 million tourists a year and growing

And still saying not safe for foreigners?

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by KLEINBASS: 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
Austine1212:

Is not safe to drug dealers, traffickers and scammers..

2 Likes

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2019
KLEINBASS:

Is not safe to drug dealers, traffickers and scammers..

True
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Deandean: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
Danwakae:

Lolsss...u are high ... Where do I even starts from

That we neater than those in Canada , when majority of my people here in Taraba , Jalingo , capital city still deficate openly ??, When we still suffers qolera outbreak ??, When we dont have common portable water to drink , When a bucket of water cost N200 in Ran, Borno state and during this period dry season, N300 ??, How do u even expect us to be clean with that , And u want to claim they are dirty in Canada with enough water to bath, weekly fumigation ?, Water system everywhere and public toilet ??, In Nigeria , some tradition forbid u to take ur bath.. Seems u are on N-POWER
Smiling...bros u b ogbolo,ehc 1 z Npower again..lolll
Anyways,i can't deny u have some points,but what u re mentioning are mostly a function of government's responsibility. Notice i saif as individuals,we're cleaner..and i mean that 2 b true,wen we say Canadians ,I'm not referring to nationalised Nigerians,the native Canadians may have water bt dnt bath as frequently as Nigerians,they re lazy to cleanup there environment too...remove government hands from there matter and you'll see they aint better than u my guy....and if mistakenly they re subjected to d same hardship, scarcity and government irresponsibility Nigerians endure,they would b dying in there numbers in no time....all in all,I'm working on a route to move to Canada,if u re too,we can compare notes so we continue our argument on a higher level in Canada �
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
Jengbetiele:
I seem not to understand why people need to subject themselves and family to such an emotional drenching journey called assylum seeking when you could as well have written and pass your ielts, do your eca and land as a permanent resident within a year.

Being a former international student, I feel this express entry route is even faster and better than having to school if you have the right profile. But it's a shame our people always want the easy way out. I know Nigerian asylum seekers here that get free clothings, free food stuffs, all to start selling and sending some for sale back to Nigeria by hook and crook where they are supposedly persecuted.

I have meet people who have been on this case for over 7 years, living in fears, and still without a status in canada. When I meet some of them they without reservations always say that they would never advise anyone to seek asylum in Canada for any reason because of their experience.

Unfortunately when you tell our brothers and sisters the truth about this refugee seeking of a thing, and you advise them to do things the right way because of the uncertainties and more importantly because should your claims be refused, you will make things difficult for your siblings, and children should they decide to travel in the future. But when you tell them the truth, they always feel you do not want them to be successful.

Even if you get lucky like a very few ,and you get approved, the battle is not still over. I have read about cases of asylum claimants who were later granted PR who travelled to their country of origin and had their PR status revoked and they got deported. I heard Nigerian asylum seekers who had business in Nigeria, usually enter Nigeria via Ghana or Cameroon.

Recently, I heard Canadian government already knows about that too. A friend who lives in Canada recently told me that last week in her Nigerian church, a note of warning was sounded to nigerian ex-refugees who are already citizens in Canada to avoid travelling to Nigeria for now as government may be doing some reviews and assessments of past cases. It's not just worth the stress.

There are many legal ways to migrate to canada and live as a PR. There are several programs for people with low ielts score . All you need to do is find information and do things right.

I sent you a PM, kindly check
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Danwakae(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
Deandean:

Smiling...bros u b ogbolo,ehc 1 z Npower again..lolll
Anyways,i can't deny u have some points,but what u re mentioning are mostly a function of government's responsibility. Notice i saif as individuals,we're cleaner..and i mean that 2 b true,wen we say Canadians ,I'm not referring to nationalised Nigerians,the native Canadians may have water bt dnt bath as frequently as Nigerians,they re lazy to cleanup there environment too...remove government hands from there matter and you'll see they aint better than u my guy....and if mistakenly they re subjected to d same hardship, scarcity and government irresponsibility Nigerians endure,they would b dying in there numbers in no time....all in all,I'm working on a route to move to Canada,if u re too,we can compare notes so we continue our argument on a higher level in Canada �

Despite all what you said , u still wants to run ??, Please when u get there , don't dispose "gala nylon" from the "bus anyhow" as our normal dirty habbit in Nigeria o, please don't go and "piss anyhow" as our normal dirty habbit in Nigeria , those people there are very neat but tho they have some dirty few u seems to be mentally unstable...when u get pls do qoute me back to confirm who is neater , tho I haven't been to Canada, but I have been to the Netherlands... Nevertheless, may Allah Grant you a journey mercy to Canada, May acchieve all what you are going there for... Amin... Bro, presently , I am in lao, in Taraba state, I have many fishes to fry and I cannot leave Nigeria now, tho, this place sucks , but it's my father's land and I have to make do with it until everything becomes normal... Go enjoy there Bro

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Mcslize: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2019
Austine1212:

South Africa is not a safe place for blacks. It is safe for whites but not blacks from other Africa countries. Xenophobia is real in South Africa, and who are they attacking? It is black like you and I they are attacking. So, as a black guy, traveling to South Africa is life threatening cuz they can attack you whether you are a tourist or not as far as they see that you are black, you are a likely prey to them.

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mcslize:

South Africa is not a safe place for blacks. It is safe for whites but not blacks from other Africa countries. Xenophobia is real in South Africa, and who are they attacking? It is black like you and I they are attacking. So, as a black guy, traveling to South Africa is life threatening cuz they can attack you whether you are a tourist or not as far as they see that you are black, you are a likely prey to them.

It is not safe for drug dealers and people doing illegal things.
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by AngelicBeing: 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2019
shaw2:

Aswear
Nigeria is the last place any living thing will like to live.
Gbam grin
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by AngelicBeing: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2019
ornicus:
foolish guy. you want asylum in a liberal country - do the bob risky format.
all that one needs is for one of our more unrestrained holy rollers to beat him up - and he has his asylum straight.

these ones used format wey don expire.
come back home, form transsexual - say you discovered your self in canada
dress in drag on IG for six months. organize some beating jesse smollet style - and you have your asylum in the bag
thank me later
You are Spot on, l met a Burudian lady in Toronto years ago, she was a roommate to my girlfriend then, she applied for asylum as a lesbian although she was straight, before she went for her refugee hearing, boys for street gave her a game plan that worked perfectly for her

she joined the Toronto gay Parade in downtown Toronto, took several pictures with the gay community as a member of the gay community, dressed up like them all through the parade, after the parade she went to their office, got a signed letter from the gay community of Toronto,stating that she was their member and that her life was unsafe in Burundi, armed with all the pictures she took during the parade and she told the refugee judge that her life is at stake in Burundi because of her sexuality, Like hot Amala and bokoto, the judge granted her at her first hearing.

she is a citizen now sef, lesbians / gay format still dey work like fire cheesy

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by sholay2011(m): 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2019
payperpost:

do you know this your comment can do more damage to his family and that of your country men if the authority get to see it? please try to make positive impacts in life of people.
Oh please! Nigerians and sentiment...how can our country ever make progress?

This couple is clearly painting a very dark and ancient image of Nigeria that will not just further dent the chances of future applicants from Nigeria but even those that are already here in Canada where your fellow workers will keep asking if you're from Nigeria: that backward country. Nigeria has its challenges but we shouldn't join hands to worsen its image as this undeveloped village where no one is using their brains. No wonder, some white people still picture Africa as a place where lions and elephants are walking around with monkeys swinging from trees to trees while the people are half-naked, fetching dirty water from polluted streams and swimming in cholera.

As humane as we should be, this couple should be deported. This is not about supporting a family's hustle at the expense of thousands of families that will eventually go through the right route (or even wrong route but with more sensible lie), and at the expense of the image of Nigeria. No wonder, even our visa approval waiting period is one of the longest in the world already for Canada.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Mcslize: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
Austine1212:

It is not safe for drug dealers and people doing illegal things.

You must be a South African. The on going xenophobia is it because of drug dealers they are attacking both those who are gainfully doing fruitful businesses?

South Africans are saying other blacks are coming to their country to take away their jobs that's the reason of them attacking black foreigners not cuz of drugs. If the real South Africans have the needed skills to work, won't they be employed? But majority do not have the needed skills to work and even those that have jobs to do always refuse to work. It's been said that some South Africans are very lazy. They don't like to work, and majority of the black foreigners are hard working. In such scenerio, if black foreigners that possess needed skills get employed, is that enough for South Africans to start attacking them that they are taking their jobs?

So you can see that the reason for xenophobia in South Africa is not as a result of drug dealers. It is because of what I just stated and everyone knows that's the reason. They are just heaping it on drugs to fool the world. Everyone knows drugs is not the reason.

2 Likes

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Jengbetiele: 5:26am On Dec 03, 2019
Just so you know.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4390144quote author=AngelicBeing post=84566202]

You are Spot on, l met a Burudian lady in Toronto years ago, she was a roommate to my girlfriend then, she applied for asylum as a lesbian although she was straight, before she went for her refugee hearing, boys for street gave her a game plan that worked perfectly for her

she joined the Toronto gay Parade in downtown Toronto, took several pictures with the gay community as a member of the gay community, dressed up like them all through the parade, after the parade she went to their office, got a signed letter from the gay community of Toronto,stating that she was their member and that her life was unsafe in Burundi, armed with all the pictures she took during the parade and she told the refugee judge that her life is at stake in Burundi because of her sexuality, Like hot Amala and bokoto, the judge granted her at her first hearing.

she is a citizen now sef, lesbians / gay format still dey work like fire cheesy[/quote]
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Jengbetiele: 5:28am On Dec 03, 2019
For all those encouraging people to claim gay. Just so you know

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4390144
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 03, 2019
sholay2011:

Oh please! Nigerians and sentiment...how can our country ever make progress?

This couple is clearly painting a very dark and ancient image of Nigeria that will not just further dent the chances of future applicants from Nigeria but even those that are already here in Canada where your fellow workers will keep asking if you're from Nigeria: that backward country. Nigeria has its challenges but we shouldn't join hands to worsen its image as this undeveloped village where no one is using their brains. No wonder, some white people still picture Africa as a place where lions and elephants are walking around with monkeys swinging from trees to trees while the people are half-naked, fetching dirty water from polluted streams and swimming in cholera.

As humane as we should be, this couple should be deported. This is not about supporting a family's hustle at the expense of thousands of families that will eventually go through the right route (or even wrong route but with more sensible lie), and at the expense of the image of Nigeria. No wonder, even our visa approval waiting period is one of the longest in the world already for Canada.
guy, I'm not responsible for your misery, okay?
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 03, 2019
Mcslize:

You must be a South African. The on going xenophobia is it because of drug dealers they are attacking both those who are gainfully doing fruitful businesses?

South Africans are saying other blacks are coming to their country to take away their jobs that's the reason of them attacking black foreigners not cuz of drugs. If the real South Africans have the needed skills to work, won't they be employed? But majority do not have the needed skills to work and even those that have jobs to do always refuse to work. It's been said that some South Africans are very lazy. They don't like to work, and majority of the black foreigners are hard working. In such scenerio, if black foreigners that possess needed skills get employed, is that enough for South Africans to start attacking them that they are taking their jobs?

So you can see that the reason for xenophobia in South Africa is not as a result of drug dealers. It is because of what I just stated and everyone knows that's the reason. They are just heaping it on drugs to fool the world. Everyone knows drugs is not the reason.

Yes i am a south african

1. Drugs are one of the causes

2. There is a minimum pay for certain jobs, Foreigners take jobs thats pays close to nothing, that breaks the standards of payments

3. People employing such people should be sent to jail cos that is called explotation.

4. Some south africans are agregators to the problem, SA has an unemployment of 29% so obviously it will rub off locals the wrong way right.

5. NO SANE man can refuse worK, but will refuse to be remunerated a mediocre salary it is also against law to pay someone below the minimum wage.

6. Nigerias are known for selling drugs/human trafficking
Mozambicans are known for doing horrible crimes, hijackings, killing south africans.
Tanzanian are knows for pushing Nigerian drugs.
Zimbabweans/malians are known for taking very low wages while most don't even have right papers.

But the rest of africans are good and face no attacks cos they are being law abiding.

Yes the attacks are Wrong i admit

3 Likes

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2019
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Mcslize: 9:40am On Dec 03, 2019
Austine1212:

Please reply like a sane person

You lack the ability to hold a constructive argument than resorting to insult. What's not sane in what I typed? My post held you tight on your balls. You see? You South Africans are lazy. Counter my argument that it's not because of jobs they are attacking foreigners. You knew that's the truth. South Africa is not a safe place for blacks.

They are quite lazy, yet they are attacking others cuz of jobs they don't even have the needed skills to take up. When the truth is bitter ,they will resort to insult. That's what you just did.

You are the insane one here cuz you can't even counter my argument. Does that not support my claim that South Africans are lazy?

2 Likes

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2019
Mcslize:

You lack the ability to hold a constructive argument than resorting to insult. What's not sane in what I typed? My post held you tight on your balls. You see? You South Africans are lazy. Counter my argument that it's not because of jobs they are attacking foreigners. You knew that's the truth. South Africa is not a safe place for blacks.

They are quite lazy, yet they are attacking others cuz of jobs they don't even have the needed skills to take up. When the truth is bitter ,they will resort to insult. That's what you just did.

You are the insane one here cuz you can't even counter my argument. Does that not support my claim that South Africans are lazy?

Sorry just that im so used to people replying like mad man

Apologies

Peace?

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2019
Mcslize:

1. People with low skills in SA are most suffering, cos of foreigners taking wages close to nothing

2. South africa should refusing people with no to low skills to enter the coutry like many European countries

3. South africa is not safe for specific black people from specific countries.

4. South africans are not lazy if theythey were south africa wouldn't be what it is today

The sane part came out wrong im sorry

2 Likes

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Tominiola: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sadly, it seems like people are using this excuse a lot because I actually know of a family that are presently in Canada and have used this same excuse.

2 Likes

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Tominiola: 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
midnighter:
This is like that guy who said that he fled Nigeria because Boko Haram wanted to recruit him

Na so dem wan recruit all of us ni

Lmaooo please tell me you are joking. Why some people like this? lmaoooo
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Tominiola: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
CSTR2:
One thing I have discovered about Canada is that if you don't deserve to be there, you would live worse than a rat.

That is why they created a system where they can bring people that actually deserves to be there through their education, work experience, and skills so they can contribute to society and improve their lives quickly.

If you go to Canada and you don't deserve to be there, you would hate yourself.
They don't even need to deport you.

So instead of trying to enter anyhow, take the years and make yourself deserving of Canada.

Thats anywhere my dear. Canada, US and UK. You won't be entitled to nothing (e.g. benefits) if you don't enter the countries legally. People who live in the UK and US illegally are always looking over their shoulder. Which is just not worth it tbh. I don't understand why people would rather lie than just take the express entry exam. Canada actually wants people as oppose to the UK and US who don't offer these sort of things.

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by midnighter(f): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
sholay2011:

This couple is clearly painting a very dark and ancient image of Nigeria that will not just further dent the chances of future applicants from Nigeria but even those that are already here in Canada where your fellow workers will keep asking if you're from Nigeria: that backward country. Nigeria has its challenges but we shouldn't join hands to worsen its image as this undeveloped village where no one is using their brains. No wonder, some white people still picture Africa as a place where lions and elephants are walking around with monkeys swinging from trees to trees while the people are half-naked, fetching dirty water from polluted streams and swimming in cholera

Lol I have actually had somebody ask me how the water was before, I was shocked

The images given about Africa are really engraved onto people's brains. You won't know how they're seeing you as one low specimen until they ask you a question like that. Mehn!

These bakare people get mind sha

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Tominiola: 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
CSTR2:

It is very straightforward to enter Canada.

Though the irony is that the kind of people that Canada wants from Nigeria are comfortable enough not to travel.

I know a software engineer working at MTN.
The guy just decided to apply for immigration like a casual thing.
He didn't even take it serious. He was lethargic about the whole thing.

But Canada called him within six months of application, while many people were still in the express entry pool waiting for years.
He was even thinking if he should go or not.

That is the kind of people Canada wants.

Highly skilled, relevant people.

Did he go?
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by midnighter(f): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
Tominiola:

Lmaooo please tell me you are joking. Why some people like this? lmaoooo

Lol very funny people o. Everybody in my house was just laughing

The worst part was that the persons lawyer was repeating it cheesy I'm sure he knows that it's total rubbish but as long as he gets his pay, wetin concern am cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by CSTR2: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
Tominiola:

Did he go?
Baba is now in Ontario.

1 Like

Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Tominiola: 12:56am On Dec 05, 2019
CSTR2:

Baba is now in Ontario.

Baba wey get sense.
Re: The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares by Qlibra(f): 11:10am On Dec 24, 2019
Wow..This is quite something.Thank you for sharing.
I want to apply for Canada PR.
I have OND and HND from two different schools.
Everything about Express entry is expensive especially when you are not earning much or when your salary is less then 50k monthly but I really want to try my luck.
My initial plans was to seek Asylum as a lesbian but reading your post, it just discouraged me to go through the right means.
I just want to try my luck and see if it's going to work.

Jengbetiele:
I seem not to understand why people need to subject themselves and family to such an emotional drenching journey called assylum seeking when you could as well have written and pass your ielts, do your eca and land as a permanent resident within a year.

Being a former international student, I feel this express entry route is even faster and better than having to school if you have the right profile. But it's a shame our people always want the easy way out. I know Nigerian asylum seekers here that get free clothings, free food stuffs, all to start selling and sending some for sale back to Nigeria by hook and crook where they are supposedly persecuted.

I have meet people who have been on this case for over 7 years, living in fears, and still without a status in canada. When I meet some of them they without reservations always say that they would never advise anyone to seek asylum in Canada for any reason because of their experience.

Unfortunately when you tell our brothers and sisters the truth about this refugee seeking of a thing, and you advise them to do things the right way because of the uncertainties and more importantly because should your claims be refused, you will make things difficult for your siblings, and children should they decide to travel in the future. But when you tell them the truth, they always feel you do not want them to be successful.

Even if you get lucky like a very few ,and you get approved, the battle is not still over. I have read about cases of asylum claimants who were later granted PR who travelled to their country of origin and had their PR status revoked and they got deported. I heard Nigerian asylum seekers who had business in Nigeria, usually enter Nigeria via Ghana or Cameroon.

Recently, I heard Canadian government already knows about that too. A friend who lives in Canada recently told me that last week in her Nigerian church, a note of warning was sounded to nigerian ex-refugees who are already citizens in Canada to avoid travelling to Nigeria for now as government may be doing some reviews and assessments of past cases. It's not just worth the stress.

There are many legal ways to migrate to canada and live as a PR. There are several programs for people with low ielts score . All you need to do is find information and do things right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Finally I'm In America / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident / Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.