Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month (52812 Views)

How To Transfer Your Voter's Card From One Unit To Another / Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC / Kwankwaso Receives Pdp Membership Card From Kano Pdp(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Akolawole(m): 8:29am On Dec 02, 2019
Why can't people look at this from all angles?

How many people actually pay tax in Nigeria?

Thousands of companies deduct tax from from employees yet STEAL it.

Yes, politicians have messed up big time, does that stop us from doing our bits for our country?

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Justpd: 8:29am On Dec 02, 2019
post=84545438:
Okay

Shut up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by NWABUKA007(m): 8:29am On Dec 02, 2019
E Don set
next level Loju paali

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by KanuSE: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2019
sammychimex:
The revenue drive of this present govt needs to be cautioned. Mehn it's outrageous, one still wonders why they are still seeking foreign loans.

Infact anybody who has a mobile phone and recharges it to make call is already paying VAT, same for electricity users, let them not try to frustrate Nigerians. almost every one pays tax ,the only difference is that we don't get value for the tax paid.

Cry me a River. tongue
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Dee60: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:
I'm in total support of this because it will give me the chance to fight my company seriously.

The company has been deducting tax on my behalf for quite some years now and I've never seen the record.

It was funny when the Human resource department called recently to ask for my TIN to include on a document.
I was surprised � How can you claim to be helping me pay my tax and you don't have my TIN number?

Very Possible. The company may have just one code. The code belongs to the company but if you need your tax records you then need to get it from LIRS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2019
RichDad1:
Then the should make Tax certificates less cumbersome to get.
SECONDED!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by tshoboy(m): 8:35am On Dec 02, 2019
I see a lot of people linking TIN to automatic tax payment but it isn’t. The tax act has a threshold for salary that can be taxed and even gives different forms of relieves.
So if you are unemployed, you should apply for TIN and you will get one because you are unemployed and exempted. They need to make the process of getting TIN easier though.

Also, the whole idea of this update is to bring more self employed people into the tax net.
Self employed people are required to self declare tax and a lot of people don’t do it unless they want to travel or business needs arise.

It’s still sad that we don’t get value for all the tax we are paying.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by SarkinYarki: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2019
istina:
So what happens to millions of unemployed youths who currently have accounts

Does it means they will be unable to receive their monthly stipend from family and friends who give them a token just to keep them from suicide before they are gainfully employed?

The short sightedness of this govt is something else , they just want to kill the banking sector

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by BeansAndYam: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2019
[s]
post=84546031:

SECONDED!
[/s]
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Sezua(m): 8:39am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:
I'm in total support of this because it will give me the chance to fight my company seriously.

The company has been deducting tax on my behalf for quite some years now and I've never seen the record.

It was funny when the Human resource department called recently to ask for my TIN to include on a document.
I was surprised � How can you claim to be helping me pay my tax and you don't have my TIN number?

Please do not come to display your ignorance.
It is possible to pay personal income tax for employees without having their TIN number.
You could have at least ask the HR, but you are a coward that can't do even demand for your right in real life but can come online to a faceless community to spew trash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by RexTramadol1: 8:39am On Dec 02, 2019
It's like they don't reason up there

If unemployed youths sef block road say Govt officials no go pass if dem no create job, dem go say na hate action

At least be fair to everyone

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by bizhop01: 8:39am On Dec 02, 2019
So even kid will need evidence of tax paying before opening account, is that what's you mean?
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by SarkinYarki: 8:41am On Dec 02, 2019
The Shallow Buhari govt doesn't realise that most Nigerians just own bank accounts for convenience and not that they actually receive income through it , you don't need to be prophet to know this will greatly affect the Nigerian banking industry as people will circumvent traditional banking in order to survive this Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by koffsman(m): 8:41am On Dec 02, 2019
I guess our leaders are not serious do they know how many student own account how will they get task clearance do they know how many people own account and are jobless what tax will they pay not to talk of having a tax card assholes everywhere
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by SarkinYarki: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2019
Sezua:

Please do not come to display your ignorance.
It is possible to pay personal income tax for employees without having their TIN number.
You could have at least ask the HR, but you are a coward that can't do even demand for your right in real life but can come online to a faceless community to spew trash.

Don't mind the coward , afraid to approach his employer but here everyday supporting Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Sezua(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2019
tshoboy:
I see a lot of people linking TIN to automatic tax payment but it isn’t. The tax act has a threshold for salary that can be taxed and even gives different forms of relieves.
So if you are unemployed, you should apply for TIN and you will get one because you are unemployed and exempted. They need to make the process of getting TIN easier though.

Also, the whole idea of this update is to bring more self employed people into the tax net.
Self employed people are required to self declare tax and a lot of people don’t do it unless they want to travel or business needs arise.

It’s still sad that we don’t get value for all the tax we are paying.

Lack of value for tax paid is still the number one reason people evade and avoid tax in Nigeria.

The Tax net have been expanding especially in Lagos State for the past 10 years but their is no corresponding rise in value created for it's citizenry in the form of social amenities.

As long as stewardship in public offices is piss poor, people will always try to avert taxes as much as they can.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by SarkinYarki: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2019
post=84545438:
Operations PAY YOUR TAX!

Show us evidence of tax you have ever paid in your life

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by babyfaceafrica: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2019
what about students or jobless graduates ,are u saying they can't operate tax?
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by KanuSE: 8:47am On Dec 02, 2019
Timileyin1234:
I am finished

Fixed wink
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by coputa(m): 8:48am On Dec 02, 2019
A nation that is neck deep in debt propelled by constant borrowing to fund elephant projects.

Budget estimates based on unrealistic oil price benchmarks,resulting in deficit thereby resorting to borrowing to fund the padded budget.

For the government to meet it's financial obligation in servicing the debt,they will device new ways to milk the already traumatised masses in new tax regime.

This government is out to coerce and arm twist the already pauperized citizens

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by uunwanaobong3: 8:50am On Dec 02, 2019
Every government of each country represents a true reflection of the people living in those countries, it is only a thief and a corrupt man that wil vote in thieves, illitrate and corrupt men into power without asking questions or protest.
after stealing from workers who are poorly paid through various taxes, now they want to steal from old aged retiree, of the peanut gratuity and pension. They even want to steal from the student, unemployed and children who have no work but are dependent on their parents for survival, federal government want to take food out of their mouth,.. and they have already blocking boarders without producing anything? Trying so hard to bring hardship on nigerians,....
After destroying senate, judiciary, security, electricity and civil services sectors, now they want to destroy the only functioning sector in the country which is banking.

God wil punish everyone that voted in this regime and all the politicians who dream day and night of how to make things hard for nigerians.
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Housing(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:

My company regularly remit deducted PAYE tax and I am very sure they did not know any of the employees TIN. I got my TIN from the Joint Tax Board website.

Hope you have filled personal information form in respect of you tax before?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by lonelydora: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:

If you are ready to fight this injustice, get in touch. Which PFA do you use?
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2019
istina:

Does it means they will be unable to receive their monthly stipend from family and friends who give them a token just to keep them from suicide before they are gainfully employed?

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by LabDNA: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2019
Just like every other ill-thought experiment they keep carrying out in the banking industry. This one too will fail when people start pulling out their monies and saving under their pillows.

Then they will back-track but serious damages would have been done.

I'll start thinking of concretizing my money in dollars, Gold and lands when they institute this obnoxious policy.

6 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by slowice(m): 8:58am On Dec 02, 2019
And many ll start to keep money in their house once again

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by surgical: 8:59am On Dec 02, 2019
istina:

That is the result of voting rubber stamp national Assembly members who are there to serve themselves and their masters
Hope the masses will have sense next time,when this present NASS has finished treating their Bleep up

5 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by david22uu(m): 9:00am On Dec 02, 2019
Officialgarri:

you are very ignorant..
your company pays your PAYEE tax and thats for lagos state
Now you will pay Double.
TIN is federal

I even wonder how u were employed... I wish u can stay jobless and then you learn never to wish where you eat from bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by akdjr(m): 9:01am On Dec 02, 2019
Has bank ever presented Withholding tax receipt to any customer before? Because we don't ask questions does not means we don't know. The ill system has suppressed us as citizen.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by coputa(m): 9:01am On Dec 02, 2019
SarkinYarki:

The short sightedness of this govt is something else , they just want to kill the banking sector
HOW
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Blizzyblazer: 9:02am On Dec 02, 2019
uzohrome:
Nothing new, all account holders have been paying tax provided you are performing transactions with your account. It’s just that is better to have tax ID for proper accountability. Nothing new so don’t be scared , you will not pay any other money differently and if economy boosts they might One day authorize tax return. So go get your TIN number .

Are you for real bro?
If this is true, then I think am cool with it.
Thankz
Re: Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month by Prompto: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2019
I like this, let the govt keep taxing more n more Nigerian. The harder the taxes the higher the demand for beta govt which Europe & America are struggling with, the likelihood of a revolt is finally on the black Africa continent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Invade Nnamdi Kanu’s Community, Afaraukwu Ibeku, Umuahia / IPOB Members Jubilate As Court Frees Nnamdi Kanu (Video) / Niger: You’re A Novice In International Diplomacy – Lamido To President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.