Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,610 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss (15387 Views)

What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers / Share Your Experience Working In A Loan Shark Company / Experience Working For A One Man Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2019
It starts in families, continues in schools and extends into employment. Everything is about putting people in their place, first kids, then students, then employees when simple acts of kindness create a more productive, positive and motivating environment. But then again, people raised in such an environment mistake kindness for weakness so it's difficult to break the cycle.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 03, 2019
I don’t like working with or for unreasonable people. Every difficult boss or teacher I thought didn’t like me ended up inspiring me and being my mentor. There’s ridiculousness yes

Yesterday after almost a year of not speaking to someone I realized the difference really is mentality

Sometimes your not made to be stepped on
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2019
MINE IS A CONTROL FREAK AND YOU DONT WEAR FINE CLOTHES TO MEET HIM...
I WORKED FOR HIM AS A FILLING STATION MANAGER.HE GAVE ME 10K TO USE AND BURY MY DAD WHEN HE DIED...
PEOPLE SHAA....
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Britishcoins(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2019
Theme self employed click like button.

I am self employed and I earn at least 180k monthly, still 25 years.

I hate it to work for someone, after all I went through in the hand of my uncle all because of an apprenticeship and was settled with 50k

Thank God nobody can stop ur destiny

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Tboymessiah(m): 8:25am On Dec 03, 2019
my boss is a greedy man, pay salary late middle of follow month, with no benefits...... we work as cook, but buy food to eat..... a so call (god of man). left there sha!
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Angelfrost(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2019
helinues:
Average Nigeria bosses dont wish their workers well.

Should I say they are not more than enemy of progress.. You can never satisfy Nigeria Boss.

Egocentric and self Centred lots

Infact, average Nigerians with extra privileges are like that.. That's why the young talented ones dont have opportunity to show case their skills

Ironically, most of the people berating their bosses here, will start their businesses in the near future, and become worse than the individuals they currently criticize and malign...

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by amstamon: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2019
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by ImaIma1(f): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
GIDIBANKZ:
My boss is Something Else.... He always Shout at His Staff in presence of His Frnds and Costumers makinq People Around Our Organisation LOOK DOWN ON US..... Not Encouraging Us... ANY LITTLE EFFECT YOU MAKE TO MAKE THE WORK MOVE FOWARD WILL LEAD TO INSULTING US.......THE LAST TIME I WANTED TO TAKE SOME WORKING TOOLS TO OUR SMALL OFFICE... THE NEXT THING HE SAID WAS THAT... I LIKE WASTING TRANSPORT........AND EVER SINCE I RESUME OFFICE IN THAT PLACE....I HAVE NEVER ASKED OF TRANSPORT FOR ANYTHING.......... Yesterday Evening... He was Even telling me that, he will SLAP ME.....I FELT BAD SHA...... So this morning when he Came, I Told Him to expect my SIGNING OUT/RESIGNATION LETTER VERY SOON

SO WORIKING UNDER PERSON IS BAD AND FRUSTRATING......I WILL SOON GO AND START MY BUSINESS

When you tell him to expect your resignation, he becomes aware of your plan and can fire you before then.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Fidelismaria: 8:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Keep it coming y'all

Just keep it coming
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by obotella: 8:39am On Dec 03, 2019
My case was actually not a serious one but that of complacency and the proud nature of the boss then.
The guy was always finding fault.
Sneaky and very bossy. I have moved on though and will one day be a better boss
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by owobkow28: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2019
China or korea

Try those expatriate like the Chinese, Thailand, Indian, Pakistan and Malaysian
You go hate your life
Those people can oppress you anyday anytime twice in your own country

Remember those years in National integrated power project in Edo state. My boss was from Indian

I missed the company bus that morning
And he just started shouting. Even telling me that I shouldn't clock my card. Saying all sort of rubbish

The thing got me angry.
I just responded by telling him
" You are a moronn and light travels faster than sound that his why some people appears to be intelligent until you hear them speak"

I got my sack later.
But i was paid all my allowances in full
So i used that money in buying a good phone and a nice system ( laptop)

I started bombing[/quote]
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by eldeeBaba(m): 8:46am On Dec 03, 2019
I got a job with an abusive boss, i am a very quiet and unsocial person, i go days without talking to anybody at the office, i noticed how he bullied everybody and even assualt some junior staffs, we had a meeting and he yell at me for asking a question he thought was irrelevant.

I stood up and gave him a slap followed by uppercut, nigga was on the floor.

I was fired, but i prefer to live like. a Lion in the Jungle than to stay like a dog in the city.

I got a better job anyway
But no boss can fvck with me

22 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Offpoint: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2019
OjaTiBurst:
Things like this often happen in a one man business

Get a multi national company job or a govt job
And have peace of mind where you dont get to see your boss.

Because right there no one can take you as trash we are all working for the same Boss we dont see often
cool cool
LOL at "We are all working for the same boss, we don't see often"

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Offpoint: 8:53am On Dec 03, 2019
I have hot temper, working Under someone is a big problem for me.

I'm that guy who wouldn't shut up and listen to anyone saying craps to me without replying back.... sometimes we go physical.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by ajebuter(f): 8:53am On Dec 03, 2019
I have been lucky to work under excellent bosses!

Late Mr Christopher. Sawyer ( Excellent, nurturing, fatherly, appreciative and supportive)

My present boss, Mrs. Abdulrazak is one of the kindest, most considerate, most generous , most nurturing , most detribalized and liberal Yoruba moslem woman I have ever known!

She pays salary promptly by 26th, December Bonus by 15th, Annual Leave with bonus, excellent medical, overseas seminars, routine gifts to staff, first class lunch daily, beautiful residence for staff who live far with all amenities provided, job security guaranteed...

I swear, that woman and her husband will make you love Islam..

As for my last boss, Dr. Mrs ' Somo'..... She's dragon! So demanding, condescending, garrulous, and enslaving.. But she pays salaries promptly while making your life miserable!

All in all, Mrs Abdulrazak and Late Mr. Christopher Sawyer take the best Bosses Award from my side.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by francesawesome(f): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2019
Inyaka:
A Manager in one of the top notched new generation banks made me hated my life. He liked my younger sister, and wanted her. Therefore, he tried to bully me into having his way to her.

I was just a contract staff relieving someone in the branch. And one of the tellers had a shortage of 50k, he(the manager) said I stole the money because I was the first to leave the banking hall(with due permission from the ABM).

Because I was a new contract staff, Obafemi thought I didn't know my right and was daft. He threatened to froze my account, I bluntly told him he had no right and proof against me.

I got fed up and wrote a resignation letter, because it was a three weeks contract, and I had already done 1.5 weeks. It wasn't worth it. The pay was so small. My parents advised me to just let go, before he implicated me further.

I reported the case to the regional manager, but because they were all Yorubas and I wasn't, they spoke in their local dialect and sold me off( Reasons for sudden hate on Yoruba Muslims from Osun).

He wrote on my resignation letter that I stole, hence, I wanted to resign. When I saw that, I told him "Obafemi, I would fight this to the last drop of my blood, it has just begun".

I went straight to the headquarters and reported the case to compliance. Compliance said they were not aware of any shortage from the branch. That it was a case of witch hunting or artificial shortage.

I told them about the conspiracy between Obafemi and the yoruba boss. Compliance pulled out their secret chats and realised the boss and Obafemi had something fishy going on.

I went straight to the bank portal and whistle blew Obafemi. Showing proofs, and I uploaded the letter where he claimed I stole money. He was doing this without the consent of compliance, and without the knowledge of the bank. It wasn't in his power to write such on my letter when the case hasn't been investigated.

The case was investigated and Obafemi was the guilty one. Headquarters nearly suspended him. I left the bank. My account wasn't frozen. I got my full pay. I hate bank jobs today.

This made me vow never to work in a bank. Today, I'm self employed and earning 10x their paltry sum.

P/S
The regional manager was also witch hunted and he resigned one month after.

PLEASE ignore the errors.

Dear Obafemi, if you're reading this, please change your ways. All those girls you set up because they refuse to date you, all the times you use official bank cars for clubbing, all the times you frustrate young men like me with dreams, remember God is watching. Your cup go soon full.
My Bro I love the way you handled it.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Samuels90: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2019
eldeeBaba:
I got a job with an abusive boss, i am a very quiet and unsocial person, i go days without talking to anybody at the office, i noticed how he bullied everybody and even assualt some junior staffs, we had a meeting and he yell at me for asking a question he thought was irrelevant.

I was fired, but i prefer to live like. a Lion in the Jungle than to stay like a dog in the city.

Slap and uppercut, You b don sha... shocked
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Mires: 9:05am On Dec 03, 2019
Britishcoins:
Theme self employed click like button.

I am self employed and I earn at least 180k monthly, still 25 years.

I hate it to work for someone, after all I went through in the hand of my uncle all because of an apprenticeship and was settled with 50k

Thank God nobody can stop ur destiny

Abeg which buis
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by francesawesome(f): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2019
zicoraads:
A boss who pushes and go physical? No, I won't survive beyond that day. Because I'll return the favour, in a more aggressive way.

Had one who was pushing for my sack when I started working. She never saw anything good in whatever I did. The day she made the mistake of shouting at me, I did same and worked out.

Good thing is, she didn't have the outright authority to fire me. But she was the head of my department.

Anyway, she was removed as the head not too long after I came. And she was fired afterwards. Now, I'm the one heading the department.

Saw her the other day in town, I just horned my car and smiled to myself. grin
you bad
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by oochi123(f): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2019
Working under a female boss could be stressful. You greet their male friends it's a problem You dress well and looking good is another problem.. The men are better.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Mires: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2019
Inyaka:
A Manager in one of the top notched new generation banks made me hated my life. He liked my younger sister, and wanted her. Therefore, he tried to bully me into having his way to her.

I was just a contract staff relieving someone in the branch. And one of the tellers had a shortage of 50k, he(the manager) said I stole the money because I was the first to leave the banking hall(with due permission from the ABM).

Because I was a new contract staff, Obafemi thought I didn't know my right and was daft. He threatened to froze my account, I bluntly told him he had no right and proof against me.

I got fed up and wrote a resignation letter, because it was a three weeks contract, and I had already done 1.5 weeks. It wasn't worth it. The pay was so small. My parents advised me to just let go, before he implicated me further.

I reported the case to the regional manager, but because they were all Yorubas and I wasn't, they spoke in their local dialect and sold me off( Reasons for sudden hate on Yoruba Muslims from Osun).

He wrote on my resignation letter that I stole, hence, I wanted to resign. When I saw that, I told him "Obafemi, I would fight this to the last drop of my blood, it has just begun".

I went straight to the headquarters and reported the case to compliance. Compliance said they were not aware of any shortage from the branch. That it was a case of witch hunting or artificial shortage.

I told them about the conspiracy between Obafemi and the yoruba boss. Compliance pulled out their secret chats and realised the boss and Obafemi had something fishy going on.

I went straight to the bank portal and whistle blew Obafemi. Showing proofs, and I uploaded the letter where he claimed I stole money. He was doing this without the consent of compliance, and without the knowledge of the bank. It wasn't in his power to write such on my letter when the case hasn't been investigated.

The case was investigated and Obafemi was the guilty one. Headquarters nearly suspended him. I left the bank. My account wasn't frozen. I got my full pay. I hate bank jobs today.

This made me vow never to work in a bank. Today, I'm self employed and earning 10x their paltry sum.

P/S

Dear Obafemi, if you're reading this, please change your ways. All those girls you set up because they refuse to date you, all the times you use official bank cars for clubbing, all the times you frustrate young men like me with dreams, remember God is watching. Your cup go soon full.

Nice. I like the spirit. Please which buis. I am looking for one to start
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by mysticgal(f): 9:19am On Dec 03, 2019
eldeeBaba:

Roman Reigns grin
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by prciouschika(f): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2019
Please good nairalanders, someone should help a sister and find a good job for her
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by toprealman: 9:38am On Dec 03, 2019
Sylver247:

Bro, in Nigeria knowing your worth is subjective. You can know your worth and still go hungry. People are scared to lose their jobs that's why they just keep enduring.
Forget that crap.....some shit ain't worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by airminem(f): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2019
As a teacher In command day secondary school, our military bosses/commandant are nice. Both the adjutant too. And they do not abuse rights of workers/staffs.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by seangy4konji: 9:47am On Dec 03, 2019
I have never worked under anybody in life except for teaching job in Nysc in Borno state and I was still a boss cos I repainted the school,refurbished the library with books and field for the students. Gave the teachers some stipends every Friday...

My dedicated salary was N1200 every month imagine...I collected it though.

I have ego problem so instead of breaking the head of someone's father or mother?I would rather stay away from such circumstance. From what I can muster up?female bosses are terrible. Especially the ones that like amala..imagine a female boss telling me to go buy amala for her?inside life?I for tie her?die her there..

May God forbid bad thing and we will never go back...never in life will I answer yes sir to to anybody except family and friends and cool neighbors ..

PS.any female who needs a job in ib can pm me.(secretarial,from desk,office assistant kinda).

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Spidermon: 9:49am On Dec 03, 2019
doctore212:
My boss is a very nice guy. However my ordeal with him started one night I went to Olosho house and met my boss there.

And the guy Sabi form church too much. He carry babe and I carried my own too after causal greetings.

From that day on, my life has been miserable but me I no send am.SIMPLE.

Una suppose gather do group banging. You for come office the next day meet promotion.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by MegaStarr(m): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2019
Inyaka:

P/S

You're too much. I wish a majority of the workforce in Nigeria can be this bold.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by NiklauseFred(m): 10:12am On Dec 03, 2019
[quote author=GIDIBANKZ post=84576675]My boss is Something Else.... He always Shout at His Staff in presence of His Frnds and Costumers makinq People Around Our Organisation LOOK DOWN ON US..... Not Encouraging Us... ANY LITTLE EFFECT YOU MAKE TO MAKE THE WORK MOVE FOWARD WILL LEAD TO INSULTING US.......THE LAST TIME I WANTED TO TAKE SOME WORKING TOOLS TO OUR SMALL OFFICE... THE NEXT THING HE SAID WAS THAT... I LIKE WASTING TRANSPORT........AND EVER SINCE I RESUME OFFICE IN THAT PLACE....I HAVE NEVER ASKED OF TRANSPORT FOR ANYTHING.......... Yesterday Evening... He was Even telling me that, he will SLAP ME.....I FELT BAD SHA...... So this morning when he Came, I Told Him to expect my SIGNING OUT/RESIGNATION LETTER VERY SOON

SO WORIKING UNDER PERSON IS BAD AND FRUSTRATING......I WILL SOON GO AND START MY BUSINESS

Hope when you start ur own business you wont treat ur workers how ur previous boss treated you?
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by error4040: 10:12am On Dec 03, 2019
Slawormir:
So i used that money in buying a good phone and a nice system ( laptop)
I started bombing
Bro mind how you take De mention Hustle anyhow for here o. So many Kpomo Men eyes de Everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Not Your Regular Doctor... The Story Of The Human & Animal Doctor / 5 Ways To Invest In Yourself / Hard Copy Of ICAN New Study Pack, Pathfinder And ACCA Materials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.