Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss (15426 Views)

What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers / Share Your Experience Working In A Loan Shark Company / Experience Working For A One Man Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Emanodimo(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Well, I never work in such a demeaning status like where I am. Fast forward, the job is not the problem but the kind of boss u have.

Sometimes, u have to fire back when the heat is hot in a diplomatic approach.

Ignore fear, be confident to speak up.

Ensure u don't do extra that automatically is excess(abuse) to ur own health, time and life.

Know how to keep memory of instructions, so that ur punch line can be logical when u speak or act to defend ursef from any abuse.

Be conscious of time. Anyone who take ur time can waste ur life.

Don't beg or seek for money from such Boss.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Bigblessed: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
Lol! shocked
My first experience was with a mad Lebanese Boss, who delights in punishment by deducting worker's salaries almost every other day for minor and most times irrelevant things. If you laugh, drink water inside office, etc you attract deduction, which will be effected immediately at the end of the month.

When this wicked man gets annoyed, all the hairs on his head stand up one one like that of an angry dog.
Not just standing hairs, but will raise his two hands in demonstration as though he is already tearing you up like a lion and once he's trying to get himself as the anger is leaving him, what you will hear from his mouth is "SHARAMUTA!"
Later we got to know that SHARAMUTA means prostitude. This old witch of a man has refused to Mary, but changes girlfriends like clothes; and his domestic staff use to tell us that he uses Nigerian girls like dog.
He likes cheap labour as in, using father, mother and children at the same time. You will see a young man telling stories of how his dad served the man all his life under humiliation without any achievement yet he also that started as a shoeshiner and gate boy is still there serving his life out simply because they are given a room in the boys quarter and the man has upgraded him from opening gate to leaning how to drive; and now he is driving him while his mom remains the permanent cleaner in the house all because of fear of the unknown if they should leave the boys quarters. I laugh grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Bigblessed: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2019
My next experience was with an Indian boss.
This time around, he seems so nice at the outside, but indirectly punishes you. For example, he rather pretend to be looking for something and will make you to scatter everywhere, searching for it so that you don't sit down and rest for a minute in the office.

The same thing happens even when he traveled or went for annual leave, he will use the phone to monitor you and make sure you are 24hrs busy in the office. By 8am as you resume, he has already emailed an emergency work that must be done b4 9am. Once it's sharp 9, he is calling you to confirm that you have done it. The next thing is to track a parcel and email it to him b4 10am. After that one, he will tell you that he is expecting so so so and so emails, which you need to monitor and reply b4 12noon. Once you are done with that, he will inform you that some expatriates will be landing at the airport by 2,3pm so you should send a drive to bring them for you to lodge them and make sure they are well taken care of before going home because he wouldn't want to hear them complain.
Oh my God.
You are looking for work, you will see work and get tired.

Mind you, all the above and emergency assignments are additional work load to your normal day to day work description.

The difference between my former Lebanese boss and this Indian boss of mine is that this Indian boss is a gentle man compared to the Lebanese boss, who is always ready to fight any time, any day

Oh!; God saved me from their hands - WISDOM!

I am a winner indeed.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by dobaduro: 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2019
Don't even talk of Ayokunnumi Olugbemiro of x3 leasing Magodo, her own is a story for another day that needs the attention of human right agents. As she is worse than the Chinese and Indians you are talking about.
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by bestabigaelever(f): 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
Inyaka:
A Manager in one of the top notched new generation banks made me hated my life. He liked my younger sister, and wanted her. Therefore, he tried to bully me into having his way to her.

I was just a contract staff relieving someone in the branch. And one of the tellers had a shortage of 50k, he(the manager) said I stole the money because I was the first to leave the banking hall(with due permission from the ABM).

Because I was a new contract staff, Obafemi thought I didn't know my right and was daft. He threatened to froze my account, I bluntly told him he had no right and proof against me.

I got fed up and wrote a resignation letter, because it was a three weeks contract, and I had already done 1.5 weeks. It wasn't worth it. The pay was so small. My parents advised me to just let go, before he implicated me further.

I reported the case to the regional manager, but because they were all Yorubas and I wasn't, they spoke in their local dialect and sold me off( Reasons for sudden hate on Yoruba Muslims from Osun).

He wrote on my resignation letter that I stole, hence, I wanted to resign. When I saw that, I told him "Obafemi, I would fight this to the last drop of my blood, it has just begun".

I went straight to the headquarters and reported the case to compliance. Compliance said they were not aware of any shortage from the branch. That it was a case of witch hunting or artificial shortage.

I told them about the conspiracy between Obafemi and the yoruba boss. Compliance pulled out their secret chats and realised the boss and Obafemi had something fishy going on.

I went straight to the bank portal and whistle blew Obafemi. Showing proofs, and I uploaded the letter where he claimed I stole money. He was doing this without the consent of compliance, and without the knowledge of the bank. It wasn't in his power to write such on my letter when the case hasn't been investigated.

The case was investigated and Obafemi was the guilty one. Headquarters nearly suspended him. I left the bank. My account wasn't frozen. I got my full pay. I hate bank jobs today.

This made me vow never to work in a bank. Today, I'm self employed and earning 10x their paltry sum.

P/S
The regional manager was also witch hunted and he resigned one month after.

PLEASE ignore the errors.

Dear Obafemi, if you're reading this, please change your ways. All those girls you set up because they refuse to date you, all the times you use official bank cars for clubbing, all the times you frustrate young men like me with dreams, remember God is watching. Your cup go soon full.
Have heard about this obafemi in osun state

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by bestabigaelever(f): 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
Well, my own boss shout whenever he is angry but that's all he will do
He doesn't hold grudges

But the 3k he deducted from my salary last month pain me

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Vicktomaniaa(m): 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
Some bosses ehn God will punish them, not because of anything but cos they way they treat staffs under them..... Mine, he tends to start a new company he works with a rich company .....in summary things he should pay 100k for I made sure he got dem 20k. A guy wanted to do a web page for him for 500k I got someone who did it for 200k almost a year working with him, I'll only work based on INFORMATION he gives me to work with, suddenly he started saying he wants to run 6 companies together start one first no hin no start, me I didn't say anything on August he called me and said hin no no y hin de pay me I didn't say anything, my people since September I've been calling him texting him on whatsapp he reads my messages he won't reply and he'll be online everyday till one month pass him no say anything so now I'm officially on my own..... But God pass am...
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by abbiboy: 11:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
francesawesome:
you bad o grin
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by abbiboy: 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2019
oochi123:
Working under a female boss could be stressful. You greet their male friends it's a problem You dress well and looking good is another problem.. The men are better.
Ur boss ia suppose to be angry with u,see how u fine.inshort share me ur digit l just like u.oochi

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by seangy4konji: 3:10am On Dec 04, 2019
fatymore:
hi
hello
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by fatymore(f): 4:10am On Dec 04, 2019
seangy4konji:
hello
I sent a PM
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by fatymore(f): 4:30am On Dec 04, 2019
seangy4konji:
hello
I sent you a pm
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by seangy4konji: 9:13am On Dec 04, 2019
fatymore:
I sent a PM
replied ma
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Icequeen94(f): 9:40am On Dec 04, 2019
See what employees are saying about their boss HERE. Search company reviews before going for that interview so you dont fall into the wrong place.
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2019
francesawesome:
My Bro I love the way you handled it. I am currently working in a bank and I can tell you, it sucks. I'm resigning next week. In your own case it was another tribe that was oppressing you. In my case, someone from this same time with me is the one oppressing me. To even think that I was happy that my town person is in my Dept. Is the Yoruba colleague of mine that always console me
sorry dear, hope you have plans to better yourself when you leave
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by francesawesome(f): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2019
Chimpretty:
sorry dear, hope you have plans to better yourself when you leave
sure bro
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2019
francesawesome:
sure bro
am female
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Purelady(f): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2019
iamarealman:

I can give you a very good job as a PA
pls o oga, pass the goodies this way too, I'm in need of a job too.
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by francesawesome(f): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2019
Chimpretty:
am female
Sorry sis

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by nikiu(f): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2019
Our Client, a logistics Company is in urgent need of Corporate Drivers .

Requirements

Preferred Candidate must have a valid driver's license

Should have driving experience in a corporate environment

Salary: 50,000 net

Qualified candidates can send CV to: maryann@eoutsource.net
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Pataricatering(f): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
This is a big lie ! Even from d comments it’s obvious that there are more terrible male bosses then female bosses !
IceColdVeins:
The most horrible of bosses are always women.
I feel like calling that modafucka out,........
It was my first job in a new generation bank outlet, b*tch was a witch!
When she hates you, she'll hate the air you breath out and every other thing that is not trying to frustrate you. She once embarassed her staff members in the presence of customers and one of the customers had to make a report to the HeadOffice against the witch. You won't believe this woman had sat an employee down and made him reisgn under duress without appropriate justification, the said employee had recently got robbed of huge some of money meant for his wedding and lost his mom a week before then.
She hated Marian (not real name) female colleague of mine due to jealousy cos the colleague of mine had 2 SUVs and was living the life. The Manager hated her and every one she was close to including myself. Marian and I once got a mail from the audit unit to shed light unto huge inflows into our personal bank accounts, which they claimed were way above our income from the organisation....We later got the tip from our insider in the HR department that it was our Manager that decided to pry into our accounts. I was like wtf? She even accused Marian of sleeping with clients.
She didnt stop there, she started flying mails trying to associate my name with fraud reports in the branch....lol She claimed I wasn't performing, even when I dragged the branch up the cluster ranking. I got to know she was nuts when she claimed I wasnt performing when she was even on leave.... like damn!!
Shit got realer, when Marian travelled to the states for her leave and came back with a benz 4matic SUV. Damn!! Last last!! I resigned, Marian ran back to USA, one other colleague who had barely spent 3 months resigned too and the whole unit was left to her alone make she dey rock am.

Olorburuku.
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Bloombaby(f): 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
seangy4konji:
I have never worked under anybody in life except for teaching job in Nysc in Borno state and I was still a boss cos I repainted the school,refurbished the library with books and field for the students. Gave the teachers some stipends every Friday...

My dedicated salary was N1200 every month imagine...I collected it though.

I have ego problem so instead of breaking the head of someone's father or mother?I would rather stay away from such circumstance. From what I can muster up?female bosses are terrible. Especially the ones that like amala..imagine a female boss telling me to go buy amala for her?inside life?I for tie her?die her there..

May God forbid bad thing and we will never go back...never in life will I answer yes sir to to anybody except family and friends and cool neighbors ..

PS.any female who needs a job in ib can pm me.(secretarial,from desk,office assistant kinda).

Hello...i'll like to know if the offer is still open.Am very much interested
How do I apply? I reside in Ibadan.
Kindly check your Email, I sent you a message.
Re: Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss by Chardaniels: 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
dobaduro:
Don't even talk of Ayokunnumi Olugbemiro of x3 leasing Magodo, her own is a story for another day that needs the attention of human right agents. As she is worse than the Chinese and Indians you are talking about.

What did she do? I am a human right agent can you furnish us with details pls. Call me 08060967859

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Teachers Demoted To Security Guards In Cross River / Terrence Benjamin Chukwu Unveils N200,000 Grant Monthly For Startups / Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.