Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,027 members, 7,866,876 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:24 AM

Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. (1001 Views)

Throwback: Nigerian 70s And 80s Mum Didn't Joke With This Footwear (Photo) / I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / How Do I Get My Late Mum Pension And Gratuity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by geneagenius: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2019
Good morning everyone.
My mum died 4 years ago and since then i've never seen the reason to access her late funds in the account. But recently after a chat with an aunty, who reminded me of how hard my mum worked for those funds and how she wont be happy to see it dissolved into a bank manager's pocket. I have decided to finally do what i should have done and get access to it ( I'm an only child and the next of kin). The question now is " How will i go about it? I'm just a med student still struggling with anatomy, physiology nd bch, i no get power for legal and banking wahala's lol... . Please what should i do? All comments are welcome. Thanks
Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by geneagenius: 11:13am On Dec 03, 2019
please i need urgent replies.Thanks
Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by helinues: 11:15am On Dec 03, 2019
Why not hustle for your own money before thinking about the one your late mum saved probably for your future
Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by dawnomike(m): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2019
Walk up to the bank ... ask to meet the branch manager and explain what you came for.

Mind you, banks don't like parting with such money so they will tell you to provide many documents like death certificate, Valid identification bla bla bla.. try to provide them all.

If they are telling you funny stories please just contact me... I like that kind of wahala. Lol

Mind you once you have access to the account request for the statement of account for the past 4yrs. I'm sure someone would have stolen part of the money... If so is the case, contact me also cos i also love such wahala. Lol

All the best!!!
Come back for counsel free off charge anytime you need some.

12 Likes

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by Beremx(f): 11:19am On Dec 03, 2019
helinues:
Why not hustle for your own money before thinking about the one your late mum saved probably for your future
This your comment is very annoying. angry

Op, please get a lawyer to guide you on what to do. Do not let the money fall into the house of those banker thieves.

8 Likes

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by g0tze: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by adebayo3449(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2019
helinues:

So it's a bad thing for him to go claim his mother money.

When you hear from some people.
Immediately you will know the type of persons they are.

7 Likes

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by helinues: 11:41am On Dec 03, 2019
adebayo3449:

So it's a bad thing for him to go claim his mother money.

When you hear from some people.
Immediately you will know the type of persons they are.

I hope you can read and comprehend..
Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by sigidi2: 11:42am On Dec 03, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
trash

4 Likes

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by babythug(f): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
Are you additional signatory or just next of kin?

If additional signatory just move the funds and let the matter be. If next of kin there’s a legal process as explained and counsel offered as above.
Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
helinues:
bro you need to sound more intelligent with your posts..

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by uzedo1(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2019
Do whatever it takes to collect that money.. Because if it's the other way round, they will collect it back to matter what..

Get all the necessary documents available, then move to the bank..

Adding more money to your previous one isn't a waste of time.. Best Of Luck

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2019
Young man get serious in getting back that money.Every dim saved was through sweat and blood.Do not let some on else joyfully reap that.

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by geneagenius: 4:17am On Dec 05, 2019
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by samtol4(m): 5:07am On Dec 05, 2019
helinues:
She is not spending her mum money now she want to know how to secure the money from dubious bank manager.

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 05, 2019
helinues:
Very annoying comment! A struggling student to typing this bulshit for? So he should leave d money for those bankers to move? Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 05, 2019
samtol4:
She is not spending her mum money now she want to know how to secure the money from dubious bank manager.
Are u minding that bad belle

2 Likes

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 05, 2019
helinues:

Yes we read and comprehended. Kai

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by Ghostgambler: 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2019
in this order
Death certificate from National population commision

Letter of administration (LOA) from the probate department of a high court (to get this you will have to pay between 5 to 10 percent of the money in the account). The court will check the bank balance as well.

Take the LOA to the bank were a new acount will be created in her name ( estate of so and so ...) with you as signatory or they could just give you the cash and then close your mums account.

thats the straight forward version but we are in Nigeria so expect some road blocks good luck.

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by geneagenius: 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
Thank you all so much,i really appreciate the aid you've all given. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Access To Late Mum's Bank Account. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
helinues:

Didn’t you read where he said he’s never had any reason too until now?

(1) (Reply)

I Was In A Trans/dream. And I Saw Her Buying... / Did Your House Maid Return From The Village After The Festive Season? / My Son Gives Me Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.