Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards (1892 Views)

13 Signs Your Life Is Centred Around A Girl And It Promises A Heartbreak / "I Started Growing Breasts At 7"-Busty Nigerian Girl On Her Challenge (Photos) / Virgin Nigerian Girl Searching For A Guy To Deflower Her On Facebook (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2019
Majority of Nigerian babes today aged between 21 to 29 all want a ready made man. These women include working class, jobless, broke, students, ladies with thriving businesses etc all gunning for the same kind of men. unlike in the past the workforce was dominated by men. today it is almost equal. from banks to multinationals to consulting firms there are women climbing the career ladder with ease. Many of these working class guys always go for young women still serving or with small jobs for marriage thereby creating a vacuum. The working class women together with the broke ones too want a man better than them. How feasible is that that is why in many banks there are ladies above 35 still single and frustrated waiting for single guys to marry. A single guy aged 35 will simply go for a 24 year old fresh babes. Ladies need to learn that a rich man today can be a poor man, a poor man today can die a poor man, a poor man can also be a rich man and vice versa. Times have changed and women should change along with the times. that rich cute young guy you are eying has over 20 girls chasing him also. be wise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by AfroKnight: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2019
Well said.

With the growing trends for gender equality in Naija, one would expect that there would be a significant rise in marriage statistics specifically between two young people who are on “equal” footing, financially. But no. The opposite is the case.

These “strong” Women are still trying to fleece guys everywhere. They have “high” standards and refuse to settle for guys on their level. cheesy

Perhaps they don’t realise that guys have standards too. If you want to equate your beauty to a man’s wealth, then you’d better be exceptionally beautiful. If not, then you are joking.

These women should examine themselves.

The guys who meet those standards would probably not be interested in women who set standards they themselves cannot match.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 03, 2019
Another one. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by lilmax(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2019
They become so blind when it comes to spending their money

They make it seem they do not need protection, yet their lists of what they want in a man scream protection grin
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by xendra: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
y'all stop wailing please cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Geminita1(f): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Shove your advice right back into that hole.

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
xendra:
y'all stop wailing please cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
Geminita1:
Shove your advice right back into that hole.
one of them. you are still young and foolish

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Geminita1(f): 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
Tina26:
one of them. you are still young and foolish
You have your head stocked in mars, the rest of us are on earth.

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
well, everybody have standards until reality strikes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by blinking001(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
I believe that what a girl wants in a man is dependent on her age. Most of them fantasise about stupid things alot until reality sets in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by flokii: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Frustration sets in for most after 26yrs without a ring..

Time as they say flies, before you know it, they clock 36 and then menopause.
I feel for ya'll.
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by ednut1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
lilwetdick:
well, everybody have standards until reality strikes
and it might be too late
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by ednut1(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
flokii:
Frustration sets in for most after 26yrs without a ring..

Time as they say flies, before you know it, they clock 36 and then menopause.
I feel for ya'll.
i meet one in 2017 . Church worker and working class babe. Second meeting she was asking how far marriage plans. At 26 o. I told her am not ready as i have too many commitments and plans. Lets look at 2020. She say never. Its 6 months or nothing. I con dey wonder is she was really 26 o. I just fled. Till date she never still marry. While me go soon marry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by themaestro08(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by themaestro08(m): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
Some ladies are just out of touch with reality... Reason they waste their youthful time waiting for ready made men, forgetting that these class of men go for ladies from higher socio-economic class. No one wants a liability, and its natural for a human to aim higher. However the economic situation in Nigeria has drastically reduced the number of these so-called well to do guys. Most guys are struggling with meagre salaries of 60k average (the vast majority earn far below these amount) - which can't even sustain a household of two. So you ladies should be content with the one you have and appreciate it for a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Gerrard59(m): 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hypergamy is to be blamed. Women, naturally, are hypergamous and as it's something they have evolved with, it gets difficult to let go. Every woman out there desires to marry a man that has more money than she does. Unfortunately, the poverty rate in Nigeria is skyrocketing and there are very few financially capable men to go round every woman. Maybe that's why the rate of cheating amongst married men is high or single women cherish married men because they (married men) can provide the needs they desire from a man. The alternative will be for these women who cannot get their desired men to become single mothers via sperm donation or something. However, it's Nigeria not the US.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by vincentjk(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
Lols just yesterday i was chatting with a lady on Messenger but she seem to be snubbing me and all the forming

Immediately i told her i stay in abuja and my mum and sister may be traveling to london this Christmas damn shocked she gave me her number immediately asking me to come to her place this Christmas grin

Thank God say i no b forkboy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by AntiMCU: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2019
Make una free these Nigerian ladies alone na.

It's not a must they get hitched.

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by TheOdd1sOut: 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
AntiMCU:
Make una free these Nigerian ladies alone na.

It's not a must they get hitched.
Abeg loud am o

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Harlequeen: 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
Somebody is triggered by my post

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by chigoizie7(m): 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2019
Just like a poster above me said.

Everyone has standards, until reality sets in.

All of us wants to be rich. (This is a wish)

But not all of us will be rich( reality)

1 Like

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by chigoizie7(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
I want to ask ooh. I am far from being poor, atleast for my age. Legitimately.

If a man can survive with his wife and kids on a salary of N150k and the wives salary of N100k per month. I mean, they tend to live a normal average life in naija.

Why is it hard for a woman to settle with a man who earn N100k while they the lady earn N150k?

Is it that the family can’t survive on that or what?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
ednut1:
i meet one in 2017 . Church worker and working class babe. Second meeting she was asking how far marriage plans. At 26 o. I told her am not ready as i have too many commitments and plans. Lets look at 2020. She say never. Its 6 months or nothing. I con dey wonder is she was really 26 o. I just fled. Till date she never still marry. While me go soon marry

cheesy grin wink
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Lightangel65: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Tina26:
Majority of Nigerian babes today aged between 21 to 29 all want a ready made man. These women include working class, jobless, broke, students, ladies with thriving businesses etc all gunning for the same kind of men. unlike in the past the workforce was dominated by men. today it is almost equal. from banks to multinationals to consulting firms there are women climbing the career ladder with ease. Many of these working class guys always go for young women still serving or with small jobs for marriage thereby creating a vacuum. The working class women together with the broke ones too want a man better than them. How feasible is that that is why in many banks there are ladies above 35 still single and frustrated waiting for single guys to marry. A single guy aged 35 will simply go for a 24 year old fresh babes. Ladies need to learn that a rich man today can be a poor man, a poor man today can die a poor man, a poor man can also be a rich man and vice versa. Times have changed and women should change along with the times. that rich cute young guy you are eying has over 20 girls chasing him also. be wise

Leave them when they reach 35 they would full church
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Gerrard59(m): 7:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
chigoizie7:
I want to ask ooh. I am far from being poor, atleast for my age. Legitimately.

If a man can survive with his wife and kids on a salary of N150k and the wives salary of N100k per month. I mean, they tend to live a normal average life in naija.

Why is it hard for a woman to settle with a man who earn N100k while they the lady earn N150k?

Is it that the family can’t survive on that or what?

Hypergamy is the answer.

You sef, will you want to willingly marry a woman who earns more than you do?

1 Like

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Ryan03(f): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
blinking001:
I believe that what a girl wants in a man is dependent on her age. Most of them fantasise about stupid things alot until reality sets in.
same goes for guys, at a certain age, some guys wants a lady with cute face, huge backside and busty. At another age range, they want a well educated girl, a career woman,. It gets to a point when they notice that all those stuffs are not important, they might end up just wanting a lady who is mature enough to handle a home properly. Make una calm down on the Nigerian girls this and that

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by chigoizie7(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
Gerrard59:

Hypergamy is the answer.

You sef, will you want to willingly marry a woman who earns more than you do?

Why not?
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by pocohantas(f): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
Every time Nigerian ladies this and that.
Na wetin? Standard this and that. Majority of the pre-wedding pictures of Nlders I see are just there. Na still yab una dey yab them. Una go yab their shoe, clothe...even their heads join. grin

If your gfs dump you now to marry another guy, you go still come online to cry and insult women again. Them use woman matter swear for una. Jeeez!!!

A single guy aged 35 will simply go for a 24 year old fresh babes.

So after going for a 24yrs old (probably jobless) lady. He will still come online to ask what women bring to the table? Is that not spirit of confusion? Yet women are still the ones to be blamed for this? Lols. You all are not okay.

Please, marry your gfs and stop obsessing over other single women like your life depends on it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by healthserve(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2019
Before knowledge, there was love. Real loving. Knowledge has destroyed the world. The politics of every situation is what becomes more of what things that ought to naturally flow becomes destroyed
Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by pocohantas(f): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ryan03:
same goes for guys, at a certain age, some guys wants a lady with cute face, huge backside and busty. At another age range, they want a well educated girl, a career woman,. It gets to a point when they notice that all those stuffs are not important, they might end up just wanting a lady who is mature enough to handle a home properly. Make una calm down on the Nigerian girls this and that

I don't get it. Create another thread asking career or marriage, they will land to insult the ones that want marriage without jobs. That they don't deserve the correct guys. When those same women get jobs, you say they shouldn't have standard because of menopause. They drop standard, you jump out again and say Naija ladies can marry anything to be Mrs.

What kind of wizardry is this??!

4 Likes

Re: The Modern Nigerian Girl And Standards by Biingoo: 12:39am On Dec 04, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't get it. Create another thread asking career or marriage, they will land to insult the ones that want marriage without jobs. That they don't deserve the correct guys. When those same women get jobs, you say they shouldn't have standard because of menopause. They drop standard, you jump out again and say Naija ladies can marry anything to be Mrs.

What kind of wizardry is this??!
Mechionu!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Killed My Girlfriend / "Guys Please Wear Your Boxers Once And Wash It" - Bbnaija Star Alex / Virginity Is Just A Social Construct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.