Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady (64518 Views)

12 Places Where You Can Buy Crystals And Gemstones In Nigeria (photos) / 41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Stunning New Photos Of 41-year-old Billionaire Daughter, Rahama Indimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2019
gypsey:
Yes, I agree! but the Idea of not Needing a man Entirely is ridiculous, like that fella asserted your mails might be delivered my a man or your coffee made buy a man or your doctor might be a man (I meant in that context)

Men/women Will always need each other not nercerssarily in a Marriage, romantic relationship terms.

I have alot of female friends, I am not in a romantic relationship with them.

Where did you get your statistics of Most divorces been initiated by women? undecided

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soloish/wp/2015/08/27/why-women-are-more-likely-to-initiate-divorce/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-new-resilience/201508/women-initiate-divorce-much-more-men-heres-why

Just a few examples. It's a trend in many countries.

1 Like

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2019
Jeez, look at the high level of pains displayed by manboys on this thread, a woman is successful and independent, but they are pained cos she's not married, I've come to notice that guys that say rubbish about independent women only hate the fact that they are way above their level, they see women like that as threat to their dwindling manliness, these are the same guys that will insult broke ladies asking for stipends, confused hypocritical lots.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 04, 2019
Mindfulness:

grin grin grin

I get your point perfectly. My first thought was: Why do you brag about materialistic things? It is not my style and I don't like it. It's snobbish. I would even say that money can't replace love and affection so I don't see the connection either. However, I knew people would jump on the thread telling everyone how to live their lives acting as if all married ladies are happy and fulfilled when we all know that the reality is very different. Unfortunately! My point is that happiness does not depend on your relationship status. A relationship and single life can make you happy or miserable. And marriage was not invented to make people happy in the first place by the way. This romantic notion of marriages is a modern invention that has led to many disappointments. This is why the divorce rate has been on the rise.
Absolutely!

Brilliant Comment, makes alot of sense. I couldn't Agree more.
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by victorian(f): 11:21am On Dec 04, 2019
Kennedyiheme:
one of my gfs told me the same thing about not getting married, after a year she started asking me when I'll propose... lol telling a man you dont want to get married, that is exactly wast 9 out of ten men want to hear.. i wish i find a girl that would be serious about it.. just relationship mo marriage grin

One of your gfs.

So u need more, you will be fucvking without staying committed.

And staying committed, I'm not talking about marriage.
Just be committed and make up your mind. This is whom I want to be with.
Because when marriage is mentioned Nigerian families tend to see it as a way to either oppress the wife coming in or a way of controlling the couples life. That's one aspect of marriage have seen happen most times.

So let's say stay committed to one babe. Choose one gurl, amongst your numerous gfs and just be committed.

At least all the other gfs u have are not clamouring u marry them, nah
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 04, 2019
gypsey:
Absolutely!

Brilliant Comment, I couldn't Agree more.

Glad we found common ground. Have a nice day! smiley
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 04, 2019
Wish I can "like" this your reply million times
izzou:

She's happy because she said she's happy

Why should I believe she's unhappy? Because you said so?

1 Like

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 04, 2019
Mindfulness:

Glad we found common ground. Have a nice day! smiley
Ciao! cheesy
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 04, 2019
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 04, 2019
partnerbizn4:

lol

She is happy?

cos she is smiling?

So? Are you 100% happy even with your so called married status? And you can't Buy anything you want?

My dear, she's really happy yes! Because some of her age mates that are married with responsibilities that they can't really take care of are dying of bp. So where's the happiness in that.

As for those of you saying menopause, look, our first born is 43 and still looking 35 evencafter 4 children and had to even do family planning after the last child who is 4yrs old now. More still want to come but hubby said no! So she gats to tie womb. Why she never menopause?
Its sick that most people who claim to be learned here keep shouting menopause at any lady in her mid and late 30s, even 40s. Gone are the days. It because you people dont research and update yourselves about the latest happenings that is why you keep saying a woman in her 40s will go into menopause. It doesn't happen like that again these days. So get behind that system of yours and research to update yourselves now!

The woman can get married anytime soon, still have children and live the most fulfilled and happiest life than all of you who rushed into it in your 20s cos shes carved a niche for herself that she and her children will not have to struggle through achieving what they want in life. She can.afford to send them abroad to get the best education and they'll still come out and surpass some that are still struggling to gather money to pay uni fees in Nigeria.

To each his own abeg. As if marriage answereth all things. Even the bible says, money answereth all things and not marriage cos even with marriage, you still need to obtain favor from God to be happy and fulfilled.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Kennedyiheme: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2019
victorian:

One of your gfs.

So u need more, you will be fucvking without staying committed.

And staying committed, I'm not talking about marriage.
Just be committed and make up your mind. This is whom I want to be with.
Because when marriage is mentioned Nigerian families tend to see it as a way to either oppress the wife coming in or a way of controlling the couples life. That's one aspect of marriage have seen happen most times.

So let's say stay committed to one babe. Choose one gurl, amongst your numerous gfs and just be committed.

At least all the other gfs u have are not clamouring u marry them, nah
ah when i know the babe said no marriage just commitment, in a mans mind he doesnt take it serious, thats exactly what a man wants to hear, I'll just have numerous babes
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 04, 2019
pathneluti:
Finance geek reveals what she benefited from sacrificing her 20s.

Ayesha Selden @AyeshaSelden:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyeshaSelden/status/1201171562654814211
Yes I believe she's really happ Because some of her age mates that are married with responsibilities that they can't really take care of are dying of bp. So where's the happiness in that.

As for those of you saying menopause, look, our first born is 43 and still looking 35 evencafter 4 children and had to even do family planning after the last child who is 4yrs old now. More still want to come but hubby said no! So she gats to tie womb. Why she never menopause?
Its sick that most people who claim to be learned here keep shouting menopause at any lady in her mid and late 30s, even 40s. Gone are the days. It because you people dont research and update yourselves about the latest happenings that is why you keep saying a woman in her 40s will go into menopause. It doesn't happen like that again these days. So get behind that system of yours and research to update yourselves now!

The woman can get married anytime soon, still have children and lives the most fulfilled and happiest life than all of you who rushed into it in your 20s cos shes carved a niche for herself that she and her children will not have to struggle through achieving what they want in life. She can.afford to send them abroad to get the best education and they'll still come out and surpass some that are still struggling to gather money to pay uni fees in Nigeria.

To each his own abeg. As if marriage answereth all things. Even the bible says, money answereth all things and not marriage cos even with marriage, you still need to obtain favor from God to be happy and

1 Like

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by dominique(f): 11:34am On Dec 04, 2019
Kennedyiheme:
women who knoe their roles as a mother in the society are very valuable... but women like you , no so sure.. you cant do anything without a man, but claim you dont need men, what a hypocrite... that water you drank this morning was processed by men, that bed or chair you sit now was made by a man, that clothes you wear now was made by a man... do you see how you survive because of men?... what has women done for you?.. the next time you see a man, bow to his feet... you will always need a man, deceive yourself all you want... you should be happy we give you a role in family building, asides that your usefulness is no where, sorry, i cant see any place a woman is needed asides homemaking....

You're still living in the 1900s. We're in the 21st century now, a lot of women are building empires and making advancements in their careers. Some of them don't need men to even get pregnant and certainly don't care about home making or raising families. It's their choice, respect it. Don't be too pained though, there are thousands of unambitious mgbekes that need men and marriage for survival. Go for them and leave career oriented women alone

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Don't b decieved .... We women love living in denial.... Hv u ever asked y we use make ups ?? It's to cover what we truly look like , but deep down we know it's all fake ... She's only posting this to make herself feel happy ... No woman , I repeat , no woman can ever b happy seeing her friends married with kids ... Even if she has all the money in the world , she will never b fulfilled

You have a very low self esteem, speak only for the yourself, your family, friends and relatives, you do not speak for all women.

How do you know why she is posting this? Are you in her mind or heart? She says she is happy, who are you to say she is not happy? Are you God?

4 Likes

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by victorian(f): 11:37am On Dec 04, 2019
Kennedyiheme:
ah when i know the babe said no marriage just commitment, in a mans mind he doesnt take it serious, thats exactly what a man wants to hear, I'll just have numerous babes

OK
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Kennedyiheme: 11:37am On Dec 04, 2019
dominique:

You're still living in the 1900s. We're in the 21st century now, a lot of women are building empires and making advancements in their careers. Some of them don't need men to even get pregnant and certainly don't care about home making or raising families. It's their choice, respect it. Don't be too pained though, there are thousands of unambitious mgbekes that need men and marriage for survival. Go for them and leave career oriented women alone
which women are building empires?.. lol lies, how many do we know of?.. most of the richest women in the world inherited their wealth from thier father or husband, a mans sweat.. just take a look at jeff Bezos wife.. shes Gonna get $50billion.. you dont need a man to get pregnant, is it a dogs sperm you'll use for ivf? .. all your life you've always needed men.. what has changed now?
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by DCmonster: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2019
Midas01:
Lmao, if you weren't so senseless you'd know that even successful entrepreneurs especially billionaires have attested to the fact they work over 80 hours week in week out for years. Keep being pained at a woman's success.
Hey dummy, I am not responsible for your woe. If you can't use your head why then should I school you? Basic fundamentals of schooling is the ability to use your head. You can believe what you choose to believe I have no control over that ok.
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:49am On Dec 04, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Don't b decieved .... We women love living in denial.... Hv u ever asked y we use make ups ?? It's to cover what we truly look like , but deep down we know it's all fake ... She's only posting this to make herself feel happy ... No woman , I repeat , no woman can ever b happy seeing her friends married with kids ... Even if she has all the money in the world , she will never b fulfilled

I don't apply make up(not for religious reasons or religious in anyway) and I am very comfortable in my skin and never fake. So you do not speak for all women.
Mother Theresa and reverend sisters do not get married or have children but followed something they are passionate about and I am sure they are fulfilled. The lady says she is happy so don't speak for her. We can't all want the same thing. Not every woman desires marriage and having kids what her friends have should not be her problem as she is not their competition.
Marriage and having kids is a choice and not a must.
Some want both while some will pick one and leave the other.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by lahizak: 11:49am On Dec 04, 2019
Midas01:
How many times did she post it?
Is it your business? Pained mofo.
For ur mind now u don talk. Remind me again, which kind of people are too quick to abuse others?
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by dominique(f): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
The question is, who asked her?

Who cares?

I think she isn't really happy!

Men post about their accomplishments online all the time, who asked them? It's her social media handle, she can post Whatever she damn pleases. I don't know why it hurts you men so much when women say marriage is not their ultimate goal. Such women are in the minority, you shouldn't even be bothered about them. Plenty women out there are willing to depend on their husbands for money for salt and Maggi, they outnumber the independent ones by a huge margin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Ken4Christ: 11:51am On Dec 04, 2019
There is one thing you can't buy - Eternal life. Only Jesus can give you eternal life. And it is free.
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by monex(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2019
there is nothing in her post to suggest she sacrificed marriage or that she is currently single.

She claims she sacrificed her 20s. Those bribing up the "Marriage vs Career" balancing question have made assumptions about her that are not in her post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by DCmonster: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

I don’t know what part of the world you are .

I’ve worked 10 hours per week (6 times a week ) plus total 1 hour commute to and from work .

There are times I did 12-13 hours in 6-7 days .
I’ve had situation where I worked back to back in three months no weekend off (took breaks in between work )
And I still pack my bags for business trips
A lot people work their arse off .

As for her age and menopause.she has the money she can decide to adopt , Ivf etc
Take a look at the bolded above, then go back to her statement of working 60-80 hrs weekly. How does that correlate? That's if you can read and understand. She is saying she works 60-80 hrs week in, week out and you are here giving an example you working closely related hours sometimes. We are talking about regular work hrs of 60-80hrs weekly.
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by monex(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2019
dominique:

Men post about their accomplishments online all the time, who asked them? It's her social media handle, she can post Whatever she damn pleases. I don't know why it hurts you men so much when women say marriage is not their ultimate goal . Such women are in the minority, you shouldn't even be bothered about them. Plenty women out there are willing to depend on their husbands for money for salt and Maggi, they outnumber the independent ones by a huge margin

I honestly cannot understand this. Marriage is my own ultimate goal but i would absolutely understand if it wasn't same for another person
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Beverlyjean(f): 11:54am On Dec 04, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

You have a very low self esteem, speak only for the yourself, your family, friends and relatives, you do not speak for all women.

How do you know why she is posting this? Are you in her mind or heart? She says she is happy, who are you to say she is not happy? Are you God?

Alot of people that commited suicide made people Ard them believe that they were happy ... I am a woman like u , but I hv decided to face the realities of life ... I used to live in denial like most women do , but i knew I wasn't happy cos I was only living a life of make belief ... It's time women start to tell themselves the truth of life realities ... Money is never happiness , that's a poor man's mentality ... Happiness is real family ... Having a husband that's loving with healthy kids is the best life can offer even if u can't afford a mercedes ... Or u think Genevieve and Linda are fulfilled ... Even men can b happy if they hv all the money in the world and no family to enjoy the wealth with ... Some occultic men that hv so much money have been told never to hv a family , and that's the price they hv to pay for wealth ... Do u think they are happy... They can only pretend to b happy ... Money without family is crap...anyone that tells u that they are happy is lying ... I hv an aunty that stays in ikoyi at Osborne ( her own house) drives the latest Benz and BMW ....she travels to different countries monthly but she keeps on telling my mum how sad she is that she doesn't hv a family ... She acts like she is very happy towards friends and colleagues , but we in the family know how she feels ...

6 Likes

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2019
The lady did not even talk about her relationship status but these insecure people are whinning over a harmless post.

Nor be by force to marry or born.

Live and let live ooo smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Kennedyiheme: 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by izzou(m): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Alot of people that commited suicide made people Ard them believe that they were happy ... I am a woman like u , but I hv decided to face the realities of life ... I used to live in denial like most women do , but i knew I wasn't happy cos I was only living a life of make belief ... It's time women start to tell themselves the truth of life realities ... Money is never happiness , that's a poor man's mentality ... Happiness is real family ... Having a husband that's loving with healthy kids is the best life can offer even if u can't afford a mercedes ... Or u think Genevieve and Linda are fulfilled ... Even men can b happy if they hv all the money in the world and no family to enjoy the wealth with ... Some occultic men that hv so much money have been told never to hv a family , and that's the price they hv to pay for wealth ... Do u think they are happy... They can only pretend to b happy ... Money without family is crap...anyone that tells u that they are happy is lying ... I hv an aunty that stays in ikoyi at Osborne ( her own house) drives the latest Benz and BMW ....she travels to different countries monthly but she keeps on telling my mum how sad she is that she doesn't hv a family ... She acts like she is very happy towards friends and colleagues , but we in the family know how she feels ...

Did the lady say she doesn't have a family?

Family doesn't start with having a husband. She could even be a lesbian, and thats family to her

I wouldn't want to train my daughters by making them believe marriage gives happiness. That's why so many relationships have issues. People go into it to find happiness.

Happiness comes from doing what you love. Monks and Nuns in Monastries are happy too. It's what they love

Stop defining marriage as happiness

4 Likes

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2019
Kennedyiheme:
they initiate divorce then go back to marry yet another man grin

And there is nothing you can do about it. cheesy
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Kennedyiheme: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
Beverlyjean:

you make a lot if sense... i always tell women that.. your lifes path and choices isn't the same as a man.. for one men dont face menopause.. men can have kids at any age...sperm doesn't wither... if as a woman you wonna go fully on the career path, you must be willing to sacrifice family.. because you just cant have both at once... there's a study that says.. most career women are depressed... they young women here don't really known anything... linda ikeji started like this but now its a different case... no man wants to marry a 41 year old woman when the prime is gone...

5 Likes

Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
sassysure:

So what is wrong in shinning Congo?
She don't want to get hitched, her choice, nobody's business.

Before jumping, Go back and read again slowly, where did I condemn her in any way?
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Laurene: 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Who asked you to comment?

I think there are many people like you who like to think the worst for people. We call them witches and wizards!
grin
pocohantas:

Who asked you to comment?

I think there are many people like you who like to think the worst for people. We call them witches and wizards!
online feminist
Re: I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady by Kennedyiheme: 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
Mindfulness:

And there is nothing you can do about it. cheesy
l my point is they still run back to yet another man grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank / Soko Loan Has Finally Defamed Me (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.