Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG (4434 Views)

Have You Tried The New OAU Transcript Application Procedure / Stop OAU And Other Schools From Using ETX-NG Services! / Etx-ng Is A Major Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 6:20am On Dec 04, 2019
Good day house,

I am a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Immediately after my graduation, I was able to get a copy of my transcripts through a friend with ease. Trying to apply to a school outside the country , there is a need to send an official transcript from OAU. I sent a friend to visit the transcript office for payments but they said they would only attend to application via ETX-NG. I was excited thinking things would be easier ... Although I have to pay the application fee of about 24,000 naira.
I have paid the application fee for the school abroad too on the ground that the transcript will be processed within a week but it hasn't been processed since 18th October. The deadline is due and my fee is wasted. I chatted etx up several times but they have been telling me about proofreading the transcript for weeks now...I don't know what they are proofreading o...
I was able to get a friend who is in contact with one of the staff there. That one will not allow my friend to give me his number on the excuse of hating disturbances. My friend kept pressing it! He won't pick calls nor return texts or chats. Kept posting till we left him... A scanned copy of the initial transcript was also sent to hasten the process but no transcript was processed.
I was disturbed when I chatted a friend of mine today on how he got his own... His response surprised me. It's disheartening...

'He applied April 25, but got it November 4...because he knows somebody there who helped him hasten it o. He also paid another money to them for verification (i don't understand this anyway). My friend said he was told,' you were able to get it in November because he did all pressing and begging' .

I read about transcript processing challenges in UNILAG sometimes ago on this forum ... I don't know why this is happening in our public universities.

Do you have such experience with OAU transcripts processing? Kindly share with us...

PS: The mod should kindly move this to the front page to speak against this problem. (oga seun, OAU, was your school too...) I don't even know if the school authorities are aware that the staff in the transcript unit of OAU are lazy and callous
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 6:25am On Dec 04, 2019
Fynestboi, richiez, lalasticlala

This is beyond Tonto and BBN stories
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Nukilia: 7:30am On Dec 04, 2019
When you tell people that our academic institutions in Nigeria are rotten grin grin grin they'll come for your head! There is no public institution in Nigeria that respects Nigerians. @Op, you're in for a long walk.... Put the message on Twitter and tweet @ consumer protection, @ NUC @OAU @ ETX-NG .... by the end of today you'll be surprised how fast they'll work on your transcript.

#IncompetentSystem

1 Like

Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 11:06am On Dec 04, 2019
Nukilia:
When you tell people that our academic institutions in Nigeria are rotten grin grin grin they'll come for your head! There is no public institution in Nigeria that respects Nigerians. @Op, you're in for a long walk.... Put the message on Twitter and tweet @ consumer protection, @ NUC @OAU @ ETX-NG .... by the end of today you'll be surprised how fast they'll work on your transcript.

#IncompetentSystem

Thanks... It's pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
I know post like this will not be honored for the front page...

It’s not BB naija
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Tlaw01(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
I am going through the same problem, i went to OAU transcript office to apply but was told all i done online via etx-ng....its been several weeks now and i am yet to get a copy of my transcript. Its so disheartening. The same thing a friend in University of Ghana applied for and got within a week. Our system is in shambles...no one to checkmate them
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
Tlaw01:
I am going through the same problem, i went to OAU transcript office to apply but was told all i done online via etx-ng....its been several weeks now and i am yet to get a copy of my transcript. Its so disheartening. The same thing a friend in University of Ghana applied for and got within a week. Our system is in shambles...no one to checkmate them

It’s a terrible situation... As indicated above, i have been on this since October 18.
Let's raise our voices to check this laxity
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Tlaw01(m): 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
If it was a bbnaija thread it would be in FP within seconds
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by edoairways: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2019
oga seun, OAU, was your school too...)
Do you mean that school that frustrated him?
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by proffemi: 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:

OAU did not frustrate Seun.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
Tlaw01:
If it was a bbnaija thread it would be in FP within seconds

Yes o... I guess bbnaija invests specifically on this platform.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:

How did you arrive at that conclusion? I don't think it's true... Oga Seun wasn't frustrated by OAU...
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by edoairways: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alliteration:

How did you arrive at that conclusion? I don't think it's true... Oga Seun wasn't frustrated by OAU...
It is a question I mean no harm
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:

It is a question I mean no harm

I know it's a question. But the question is...
Indicating
Indicting and
Inferring
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by edoairways: 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alliteration:

I know it's a question. But the question is...
Indicating
Indicting and
Inferring
Ok
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by joedoc44: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
This is simple oga..google Servicom get any of their number from the website and report the issue to them

or better still go to OUA student affair u will see Servicom signpost there just quietly collect the number and call

and then wait and see the marvelous work of the Lord��

Uniben and ETX wanted to mess their fada up for almost 6 months. After I got to know about Servicom it only took 2 weeks and I they sent d stuff . that proofreading thing na nonsense

oh u can even request through Servicom for the OAU to write an official letter to the Sch, stating that they are the reason for the delay in the delivery of the transcript and not you. They will still consider u for admission that way

Servicom rule is transcript processing should not be more than 21 days anything above 21 day the sch is owing u
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
joedoc44:
This is simple oga..google Servicom get any of their number from the website and report the issue to them

or better still go to OUA student affair u will see Servicom signpost there just quietly collect the number and call

and then wait and see the marvelous work of the Lord��

Uniben and ETX wanted to mess their fada up for almost 6 months. After I got to know about Servicom it only took 2 weeks and I they sent d stuff . that proofreading thing na nonsense

oh u can even request through Servicom for the OAU to write an official letter to the Sch, stating that they are the reason for the delay in the delivery of the transcript and not you. They will still consider u for admission that way

Servicom rule is transcript processing should not be more than 21 days anything above 21 day the sch is owing u

Thanks my guy
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by babtoundey(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2019
Try UI own, then you will know the difference between khaki and leather. it took me close to one year to have my transcript (and student copy for heaven's sake!). At a point, they claimed there was an error in the collation of my result. The error that was not there before I graduated, how and how did it creep in after I had left school. For a course a had 70 or so, they tagged 5 points. It took them endless time to correct that at the department level.

Then those at the record office are packs of worn-out and useless tissues. They always try to give impression of working well and hard when they are doing nothing deserving of appreciation. Their manner of approach, attitude to work and and the like are absurdly below mediocrity. They don't even understand the sensitivity of their office neither do they care to know of the possible consequences of their laxity and carelessness to the people applying for transcript.

If all attempts fail, I will suggest you enlist the service of an insider. That's is another thing that gets them to do what they ought to do. After all, someone was able to collect the same transcript processed for close to seven months within the pace of one week. Use man knows man technique, it will yield.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Alliteration: 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
babtoundey:
Try UI own, then you will know the difference between khaki and leather. it took me close to one year to have my transcript (and student copy for heaven's sake!). At a point, they claimed there was an error in the collation of my result. The error that was not there before I graduated, how and how did it creep in after I had left school. For a course a had 70 or so, they tagged 5 points. It took them endless time to correct that at the department level.

Then those at the record office are packs of worn-out and useless tissues. They always try to give impression of working well and hard when they are doing nothing deserving of appreciation. Their manner of approach, attitude to work and and the like are absurdly below mediocrity. They don't even understand the sensitivity of their office neither do they care to know of the possible consequences of their laxity and carelessness to the people applying for transcript.

If all attempts fail, I will suggest you enlist the service of an insider. That's is another thing that gets them to do what they ought to do. After all, someone was able to collect the same transcript processed for close to seven months within the pace of one week. Use man knows man technique, it will yield.

Hmmmm... Thanks a bunch. Nigeria universities!
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Tlaw01(m): 7:23am On Dec 05, 2019
Alliteration:

Thanks my guy

Have you been able to contact servicom oau? Do you have their contact, if yes, please post...thanks
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by YesLadyN: 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=Alliteration post=84605414]Good day house,

I am a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Immediately after my graduation, I was able to get a copy of my transcripts through a friend with ease. Trying to apply to a school outside the country , there is a need to send an official transcript from OAU. I sent a friend to visit the transcript office for payments but they said they would only attend to application via ETX-NG. I was excited thinking things would be easier ... Although I have to pay the application fee of about 24,000 naira.
I have paid the application fee for the school abroad too on the ground that the transcript will be processed within a week but it hasn't been processed since 18th October. The deadline is due and my fee is wasted. I chatted etx up several times but they have been telling me about proofreading the transcript for weeks now...I don't know what they are proofreading o...

Hello...I am in a similar situation. I’ve been on my transcript since September and I have been using all possible means to get it sent to no avail. Even after following back door channels and sending mails to Etx and OAU transcript office.

It’s unfortunate I can’t go to ife myself to weep and hold them hostage!

It’s out of a broken heart that I searched out this thread on nairaland in case there are others in a similar situation.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by FA13(m): 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=YesLadyN post=86429208][/quote]

ETX can delay forever.
They are so unserious.

They will keep promising that they will do it.

You have to find anyone in Ife that can help you do it directly.

1 Like

Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by YesLadyN: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
FA13:

ETX can delay forever.
They are so unserious.

They will keep promising that they will do it.

You have to find anyone in Ife that can help you do it directly.

Even the person assisting me is being tossed about by the office
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Ujawissy: 6:12am On Feb 07, 2020
I'm facing same issue right now.
The etx customer care OAU is the worst, hardly respond to messages.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by EazyJ(f): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
It's advisable to go to transcript office directly if you can. ETX is not responsive. They will just keep wasting time.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Ujawissy: 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
EazyJ:
It's advisable to go to transcript office directly if you can.
ETX is not responsive. They will just keep wasting time.
OAU will tell you, you can only use etx platform.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
Wawu.. now that I am planning to get my transcript, I am scared now... Eeeewwwww.. This snail system.....
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by DEBUCHMANNY: 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hmm
we are not serious about education in Nigeria. Do your best and pray that somehow your transcript get delivered before the deadline. I want you to get out of this bastardized country soonest.

All I know is that UNN delivered my transcript to UNIZIK within 2days, I applied online and paid 15k. I hope they have not changed.
I don't know how UNIZIK process transcripts because I will need to process an oversea admission soon.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by EazyJ(f): 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ujawissy:
OAU will tell you, you can only use etx platform.
Yea, apply online and follow it up in school if not, someone will wait tire
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Bamidele310: 12:04am On Jun 20, 2020
I am going through the same problem, i went to OAU transcript office to apply but was told all i done online via etx-ng....its been several weeks now and i am yet to get a copy of my transcript. Its so disheartening. The same thing a friend in University of Ghana applied for and got within a week. Our system is in shambles...no one to checkmate them.

Anyone who needs their unofficial transcripts delivered in 1 week, OAU though should contact me.
Re: Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG by Bamidele310: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2020
Anyone willing to apply for unofficial transcripts at OAU can contact me. You'll receive it in one week

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniabuja Post U.m.e.did Anyone Know Anything About It?. / Pls Is Gce(external Waec)forms Out 4 Sale? / Comparing Private Universities (AUN-ABTI) & Public Universities (UNN) - My View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.