Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (319032 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
So have you been able to resolve it? will they invite you? or what is the update on the issue
Godsbeloved123:

They've contacted me. They said I registered twice, that's actually true but I only submitted one
unfortunately their system does not automatically delete the unsubmitted
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by maganiyu: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
ExpertNLer:
On PTDF seeking admission:

This is very dicey as PTDF claims to help with Admission, however it is better to secure your admission yourself so as not to be forced to defer the scholarship to another year. Several people had to choose lower ranking schools last year for their scholarships because they waited for PTDF to come with the admission, however the admission for many schools had closed by the time PTDF released their scholars. So I would suggest one to have atleast one school that one will apply for admissions to.

Ideally what happens is that once PTDF has offered one a scholarship, the school will then invite the candidate to apply, what happens when the admissions are closed? the school cannot reserve a slot for PTDF candidates exclusively as these programs are subscribed for by candidates from all over the world.

IFP for example closes their admissions very early, Nothing PTDF can do to guarantee you a place.

Do we seek admission to the only schools chosen during application or we can try other schools? Will we be considered?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by maganiyu: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
mrphysics:

PTDF process admission mostly for French scholars.

PTDF contact in Grenoble filled the application form on behalf of scholars in chemistry department.

In schools where they have strong partnership, admission is straightforward while for others especially for Germany, you are on your own

All my chosen schools are French institutions. Does this mean there's no need of bothering myself with applying for admission again?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Edicoco(f): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good day all, i was invited for the ptdf scholarship interview as a PhD candidate. I only have my B.Sc. Certificate and M.Sc. Notification of Result with me. Please i want to know if they will accept statement of result in place of my M.Sc. certificate. Thanks
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Ascorbic: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
Godsbeloved123:

They've contacted me. They said I registered twice, that's actually true but I only submitted one
unfortunately their system does not automatically delete the unsubmitted

They said i registered twice but i didn't submit the first one.�
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
So will you be allowed to interview? Or they've cancelled your application ?
Ascorbic:

They said i registered twice but i didn't submit the first one.�
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Recountour: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
ExpertNLer:

So will you be allowe to attend the interview?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sufisunni: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
Edicoco:
Good day all, i was invited for the ptdf scholarship interview as a PhD candidate. I only have my B.Sc. Certificate and M.Sc. Notification of Result with me. Please i want to know if they will accept statement of result in place of my M.Sc. certificate. Thanks
why not? It takes ages for some Nigerian universities to issue certificate.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by dharmhie(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
Please when is the application for the school closing?
ayo55:
Yes, I submitted application this week

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by bilal4riid(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
bolinjkezzy:

You are not shortlisted...better luck next time
We are pleased to inform you that having met the PTDF advertised criteria and scored amongst the top candidates from your state, you have been shortlisted for the next phase of the selection process (Interview) taking place between 16th – 27th March, 2020.

You are by this mail expected to click the button below and update your interview center within 24 hours if you wish to do so.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
Have you contacted them to ask what the issue is?
bilal4riid:

We are pleased to inform you that having met the PTDF advertised criteria and scored amongst the top candidates from your state, you have been shortlisted for the next phase of the selection process (Interview) taking place between 16th – 27th March, 2020.

You are by this mail expected to click the button below and update your interview center within 24 hours if you wish to do so.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Ascorbic: 9:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
bilal4riid:

"You are disqualified for double registration"..Thats what happened to me too!!!
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Godsbeloved123: 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
ExpertNLer:
cancelled
that was why they locked my account
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Devisiyi(m): 12:37am On Mar 11, 2020
I'm yet to receive any mail... Anyone still waiting too?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Omexx: 7:06am On Mar 11, 2020
Godsbeloved123:

cancelled
that was why they locked my account
Please what number did you use to contact them
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Iliyasdass(m): 7:23am On Mar 11, 2020
Omexx:
This is their helpline... Only WhatsApp messages+234 809 250 0008...
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by adakoleagbenu: 9:15am On Mar 11, 2020
guys this transcript issue, can someone attend the interview, while waiting for transcript?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sufisunni: 9:23am On Mar 11, 2020
adakoleagbenu:
guys this transcript issue, can someone attend the interview, while waiting for transcript?
Yes. Grade on your certificate or notification of result will be used to score you. No marks will be awarded to transcript, it's just for seeking admission.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by AF123: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2020
Please is there any WhatsApp thread for 2020 ptdf scholarship?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by flyjustice(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2020
Hey guys, I just received my invitation email today. Phd UK

I didn't receive email ontime so i chatted them up

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sufisunni: 10:37am On Mar 11, 2020
flyjustice:

wow, it indeed pays to contact them
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Jeweltz(f): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
flyjustice:

Why were you trying to post it on whatapp First?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by dharmhie(m): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hello guys, Please for those that choose UTP Malaysia and have applied to the school, please I need some help in applying. Did you pay for the processing fee? Or how did you by-pass that?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Jeweltz(f): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
Is it possible you change country ( from France to Germany) after being awarded

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Godsbeloved123: 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2020
Omexx:
the one on their page where they wrote whstsapp I contacted them on whatsapp
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by RealAbdulqudus(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
dharmhie:
Hello guys, Please for those that choose UTP Malaysia and have applied to the school, please I need some help in applying. Did you pay for the processing fee? Or how did you by-pass that?

Co ask
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
Jeweltz:
Is it possible you change country ( from France to Germany) after being awarded
Of course. However, it's much easier to change from Germany to France than vice versa.
Only because PTDF sends German list to Daad and Daad can only shortlist the scholars sent by PTDF.

However, France process is more easy and straightforward. Scholars do not need anyone to shortlist them again after PTDF.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
dharmhie:
I can only attempt to answer this from intuition.

For now, I doubt PTDF have any strong relationship with any scholarship body in Malaysia or China. So any cost due to your application would be handled by you.

If it were Germany or France, one would be sure he will be refunded. Infact, provided its a PTDF approved school in France, once you have the scholarship, you will pay for nothing or get reimbursed.

For German scholars, they will make some expenses that Daad will pay later but France Scholars do not have to pay for anything as campus France handles everything about them.

Infact you don't need to leave your house to the airport with any dime.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mmb(m): 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
Please what is the PTDF Whatsapp number?

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by dharmhie(m): 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
Thanks for this. So that means, I have to pay for the processing fee myself to apply for the Masters Programme. Also, is our batch going for the September 2020 Semester Intake since the last one is July and the registration closed Feb 29
mrphysics:

I can only attempt to answer this from intuition.

For now, I doubt PTDF have any strong relationship with any scholarship body in Malaysia or China. So any cost due to your application would be handled by you.

If it were Germany or France, one would be sure he will be refunded. In fact, provided its a PTDF approved school in France, once you have the scholarship, you will pay for nothing or get reimbursed.

For German scholars, they will make some expenses that Daad will pay later but France Scholars do not have to pay for anything as campus France handles everything about them.

Infact you don't need to leave your house to the airport with any dime.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
dharmhie:
Thanks for this. So that means, I have to pay for the processing fee myself to apply for the Masters Programme. Also, is our batch going for the September 2020 Semester Intake since the last one is July and the registration closed Feb 29
I am sure you know it works differently for different countries. So, these stuffs mustn't be written in black and white to be figured out.

France for instance do not run summer and winter program, whereas Germany does. So it is already clear that once admission closes for France scholars there's nothing anyone can do about it but provided you choose PTDF schools and the session hasn't started, then PTDF through their partners (Campus France) and the school international office can create a window (one or two weeks) to apply for admission. This also doesn't mean you can't be rejected, admission is not automatic.

However, for Germany, one has the option of summer and winter program. So your scholarship starts immediately you receive the award and you have admission. If the summer window is still open, and you can make it before the start of the program, then good. If not, you will have to wait for winter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.