Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (319085 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
dharmhie:
Thanks for this. So that means, I have to pay for the processing fee myself to apply for the Masters Programme. Also, is our batch going for the September 2020 Semester Intake since the last one is July and the registration closed Feb 29

Just focus your time on winning the scholarship. Practise your SOP with people. Work out on awards, publication and professional membership.
Practise your presentation with people and likely follow up questions.

Stop wasting your time here about admission and spending your money for what you are not sure for.

Use your time for scaling the scholarship

Scholars will not go China anymore and same might be for Malaysia.

The PTDF result will come out around May which is enough time to get admission anywhere.

I only recommend those in UK to apply for admission because it is free.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Jeweltz(f): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
mrphysics:

Of course. However, it's much easier to change from Germany to France than vice versa.
Only because PTDF sends German list to Daad and Daad can only shortlist the scholars sent by PTDF.

However, France process is more easy and straightforward. Scholars do not need anyone to shortlist them again after PTDF.

Wow. I like your decent reply. You're a scholar probably?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by shakaz(m): 6:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
mrphysics:

Of course. However, it's much easier to change from Germany to France than vice versa.
Only because PTDF sends German list to Daad and Daad can only shortlist the scholars sent by PTDF.

However, France process is more easy and straightforward. Scholars do not need anyone to shortlist them again after PTDF.
mrphysics, I will need your input on an issue. Can I pm you?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2020
shakaz:
mrphysics, I will need your input on an issue. Can I pm you?
Alright bro, but if it's something others can gain input from, I recommend you ask herein.

But if it's something that will require private info, then, my PM would be waiting

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2020
Jeweltz:

Wow. I like your decent reply. You're a scholar probably?
Maybe wink
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by allthingsgood: 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
Devisiyi:
I'm yet to receive any mail... Anyone still waiting too?

me too o
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by shakaz(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
mrphysics:

Alright bro, but if it's something others can gain input from, I recommend you ask herein.

But if it's something that will require private info, then, my PM would be waiting
Thanks. It's private for now. I have sent you a pm.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Cousiim: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
mrphysics:
Congratulations to those who received interview email. Weldone and keep pushing.

I doubt there's any reason for Whatsapp Group until you have been shortlisted. Every country has a whatsapp group for scholars that you will be added to in addition to the one strictly for your year of award. So keep all information on nairaland.

Now, this is the last stage and you have to push for it. It is important that you read published articles on how your course of study will help solve the oil and gas problem in Nigeria. Your statement of purpose must reflect strong understanding of what your M.Sc specialization entails and a good level of motivation to carry on.
You have to rehearse it as much as possible so it can be part of you. The interview will be very short and you have to show mastery of your field and answer all questions.

This is even more important for those who will be having their interview in the university environment. Those lecturers will push you even beyond your limit. So, keep polishing your statement of purpose. Go with everything you have, don't leave anyone behind.

Congrats again

Sir please, can I edit my statement of purpose?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
Cousiim:

Sir please, can I edit my statement of purpose?

Well, let me try to address this so people will be informed.

Whether or not you edit your SOP, selling it to the panel is the most important thing. You won't be graded based on what you wrote but how you sold it. Infact, they will grade you immediately you leave the panel.

During my time, I was with them, when they graded the last person that did before me. All of them will grade you and I think the average will be your score.

Like someone said above, study your SoP very well, and sell it well. Let your SoP and your defense be top notch.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Cousiim: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
mrphysics:

Whether or not you edit your SOP, selling it to the panel is the most important thing. You won't be graded based on what you wrote but how you sold it. Infact, they will grade you immediately you leave the panel.

During my time, I was with them, when they graded the last person that did before me. All of them will grade you and I think the average will be your score.

Like someone said above, study your SoP very well, and sell it well. Let your SoP and your defense be top notch.

Thanks �
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kellyi: 9:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
mrphysics:

thanks for all ur submissions on this platform sir, i would like to know if applicants who selected Germany are to apply on the daad portal before interview or wait till after
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 9:54pm On Mar 11, 2020
kellyi:

thanks for all ur submissions on this platform sir, i would like to know if applicants who selected Germany are to apply on the daad portal before interview or wait till after
It's confusing shaaa.

First, it depends on when PTDF will release their list. Often times, they do it after Daad have finished shortlisting. Now imagine you aren't shortlisted by Daad (scholarship funding body) but received PTDF, would Daad still shortlist you?

Secondly, after shortlisting names, PTDF has a middleman that relates with Daad. They will send their names to Daad and Daad will have to shortlist (But at their own time) the names of the scholars. Remember, except Daad shortlists you, you won't enjoy the scholarship. The only available option is Blocked Account, which takes much time and it's not efficient as it's managed by Nigeria.

Lastly, the decision is yours. If you apply for Daad, and they shortlist you, then you don't need PTDF again.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ayo55(m): 4:49am On Mar 12, 2020
What is the hope for people that apply to China and Malaysia?

hosey:

Just focus your time on winning the scholarship. Practise your SOP with people. Work out on awards, publication and professional membership.
Practise your presentation with people and likely follow up questions.

Stop wasting your time here about admission and spending your money for what you are not sure for.

Use your time for scaling the scholarship

Scholars will not go China anymore and same might be for Malaysia.

The PTDF result will come out around May which is enough time to get admission anywhere.

I only recommend those in UK to apply for admission because it is free.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ayodeji4christ: 5:12am On Mar 12, 2020
An opportunity to face PTDF scholarship interview panel is one you want to make good use of. As someone who has been there twice (Masters and PHD) and aced the interviews. Here are some keys you should note if you want to be adequately prepared for the interview.

Points to note on PTDF scholarship interview:

1.Both MSc and Ph.D. candidates will face the interview panel.Barring any changes, there will be no “CBT test” in 2020 as in other years (2019, 2018). Although, MSc candidates can practice some past questions to deepen technical and general knowledge.

2.The interview will be conducted by a panel of about 4 interviewers, that is 2 – 3 PTDF HR-personnel, and one or two persons from theacademic community (Usually university professors.)

3.Each member of the panel has a copy of your application details and academic credentials, documents, and resume. The list of documents you are to take with you to the center will be stated inthe final invitation email that will be sent to you.

4.For MSc candidates, you will be asked questions relating to yourMSC project.

5.There is no specific question format for an individual candidate,rather the questions will be based specifically on your statement of purpose (for Msc.) and your thesis (Ph.D. candidates)

6.Just like the aptitude test, PTDF interview questions are of twokinds; General questions and Technical questions. Questions willbe asked randomly in no particular order.

7.The interview session will be quite short and will normally lastfor between 10 – 15minutes per candidate.

8.The interviewers will score you based on your Communication skills, Adaptability to new environment, and also your Analytical Skills. Your academic records will also play an important role in selection.

Advice:

1. Research about the school/country you applied to.

2.Familiarize with your final year project (if you are an MSC candidate), then your MSc thesis/research proposal if you are a Ph.D candidate.These two will play a vital role in whether you will be selected or not.

3.Take note of your references and citations. Check to make sure they are up to date

4.Get familiar with your statement of purpose, or thesis as the case may be. Why you want to study that course. How your work will impact positively on, and add value to the Nigerian the oil and gas industry. How your training will contribute to local content development.

5.Familiarize with PTDF mandate, vision, and mission. Prepare to answer questions relating to that.

6.Be confident even if you don’t know the answer to a question. If you don’t know it, say you don’t. But if you have an idea, do not hide your opinion.

7. Identify a gap in the oil and gas industry and why you want to fill that gap. Make this point known in your responses.

8.Appearance matters.

Lastly, you should always hope on God to help and guide you. All the best!

Manny Bright.

PTDF Scholar (IFP).

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by myMBAsurvey: 5:15am On Mar 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

Congrats to all who were invited for the interview. I wish you the best. My name is Prince, I am an MBA student at Edinburgh Napier. For my MBA project, I am looking for better ways to improve student recruitment, especially from third world countries. As you know international students contribute a lot to the UK economy. But its hard to say what is the corresponding impact in their own respective countries? How can these schools serve us better? If they understand the pressure and thought process of a typical MSc student, they can help better...

So please can you take out 5 minutes to fill this survey. It's very short, I bet you.

https://forms.gle/AbgxuCLcmm59Q3pA8

Yours in the hussle.

Bless Guys

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SOLARPOWER1(f): 7:50am On Mar 12, 2020
mrphysics:

It's confusing shaaa.

First, it depends on when PTDF will release their list. Often times, they do it after Daad have finished shortlisting. Now imagine you aren't shortlisted by Daad (scholarship funding body) but received PTDF, would Daad still shortlist you?

Secondly, after shortlisting names, PTDF has a middleman that relates with Daad. They will send their names to Daad and Daad will have to shortlist (But at their own time) the names of the scholars. Remember, except Daad shortlists you, you won't enjoy the scholarship. The only available option is Blocked Account, which takes much time and it's not efficient as it's managed by Nigeria.

Lastly, the decision is yours. If you apply for Daad, and they shortlist you, then you don't need PTDF again.

Now lets look at it this way.. What if after I get the scholarship, I decide to forget about Germany and daad completely because I have noticed they will add extra stress to my life and I approach ptdf with my admission from mx third choice school in France... Will ptdf say I must use DAAD and Germany...Will ptdf force me back to Germany?

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by myMBAsurvey: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2020
Learned guys please help a bro out. This is my thesis, I need to start cpllating data soon.

Blessings brothers and sisters

myMBAsurvey:
Hi Guys,

Congrats to all who were invited for the interview. I wish you the best. My name is Prince, I am an MBA student at Edinburgh Napier. For my MBA project, I am looking for better ways to improve student recruitment, especially from third world countries. As you know international students contribute a lot to the UK economy. But its hard to say what is the corresponding impact in their own respective countries? How can these schools serve us better? If they understand the pressure and thought process of a typical MSc student, they can help better...

So please can you take out 5 minutes to fill this survey. It's very short, I bet you.

Yours in the hussle.

Bless Guys
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Candoit: 9:19am On Mar 12, 2020
Why not let PFL assist you with the admission process?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by AF123: 9:29am On Mar 12, 2020
Thanks for dis post

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Nelzone(m): 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
Wow. This was really helpful. God bless you. I only have one question. You said: "For MSc candidates, you will be asked questions relating to yourMSC project". Please does this mean an MSc. applicant is supposed to have a definite project topic already? I mean aside have ideas of the project areas you may wish to venture of when you commence your MSc, are you expected to already have a specific topic already?

ayodeji4christ:

An opportunity to face PTDF scholarship interview panel is one you want to make good use of. As someone who has been there twice (Masters and PHD) and aced the interviews. Here are some keys you should note if you want to be adequately prepared for the interview.

1.Both MSc and Ph.D. candidates will face the interview panel.Barring any changes, there will be no “CBT test” in 2020 as in other years (2019, 2018). Although, MSc candidates can practice some past questions to deepen technical and general knowledge.

2.The interview will be conducted by a panel of about 4 interviewers, that is 2 – 3 PTDF HR-personnel, and one or two persons from theacademic community (Usually university professors.)

3.Each member of the panel has a copy of your application details and academic credentials, documents, and resume. The list of documents you are to take with you to the center will be stated inthe final invitation email that will be sent to you.

5.There is no specific question format for an individual candidate,rather the questions will be based specifically on your statement of purpose (for Msc.) and your thesis (Ph.D. candidates)

6.Just like the aptitude test, PTDF interview questions are of twokinds; General questions and Technical questions. Questions willbe asked randomly in no particular order.

7.The interview session will be quite short and will normally lastfor between 10 – 15minutes per candidate.

8.The interviewers will score you based on your Communication skills, Adaptability to new environment, and also your Analytical Skills. Your academic records will also play an important role in selection.

Advice:

2.Familiarize with your final year project (if you are an MSC candidate), then your MSc thesis/research proposal if you are a Ph.D candidate.These two will play a vital role in whether you will be selected or not.

3.Take note of your references and citations. Check to make sure they are up to date

4.Get familiar with your statement of purpose, or thesis as the case may be. Why you want to study that course. How your work will impact positively on, and add value to the Nigerian the oil and gas industry. How your training will contribute to local content development.

5.Familiarize with PTDF mandate, vision, and mission. Prepare to answer questions relating to that.

6.Be confident even if you don’t know the answer to a question. If you don’t know it, say you don’t. But if you have an idea, do not hide your opinion.

7. Identify a gap in the oil and gas industry and why you want to fill that gap. Make this point known in your responses.

8.Appearance matters.

Manny Bright.

PTDF Scholar (IFP).
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Edicoco(f): 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
Thanks for your generous advice. Please will they accept statement of result/notification of result in place of my MSc Certificate? I am a PhD applicant.
Thanks
ayodeji4christ:

Advice:

8.Appearance matters.

Manny Bright.

PTDF Scholar (IFP).

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by excelchips(m): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2020
I have just filled the question-naire

myMBAsurvey:
Hi Guys,

Yours in the hussle.

Bless Guys

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by montumonami(m): 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
mrphysics:

From this statement, do you mean one can get a fully sponsored scholarship from DAAD without having to go through a third party like PTDF?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Abokii8(m): 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
To those saying ptdf may ban Malaysia, at the moment, UK, France and Germany are by far more riskier. In UK, as at yesterday the number of confirmed Convid 19 cases stood at 355, France and Germany had up to thousands while Malaysia had only 100+. We do don't know what will happen in the future sha.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by bilal4riid(m): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ascorbic:

"You are disqualified for double registration"..Thats what happened to me too!!!
Please give me their contact
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by myMBAsurvey: 8:35am On Mar 13, 2020
Blessings my people..

I still need help oh guys. I have like 20 respondents now. Still a long way to go. Most of you are targeting to do your masters.

Please use 5 to 10 minutes to fill out this survey for me. It's part of my MBA thesis. Help a bro guys..

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by volli: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2020
This seems to be the reseaon they disqualified a lot of people that were initially contacted. I have a similiar problem. i was having verification problem with my first account thus the reason why i created a second account. Their database seems to be overly simple thats why it can't sieve out those that actually submitted more than one application. i have persisted in insisting I submitted only one application but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I'm still going to persist because I'm sure something can be done it just a matter of talking to someone with empathy or getting through to the right person.

Godsbeloved123:

They've contacted me. They said I registered twice, that's actually true but I only submitted one
unfortunately their system does not automatically delete the unsubmitted
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Cousiim: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2020
volli:

This seems to be the reseaon they disqualified a lot of people that were initially contacted. I have a similiar problem. i was having verification problem with my first account thus the reason why i created a second account. Their database seems to be overly simple thats why it can't sieve out those that actually submitted more than one application. i have persisted in insisting I submitted only one application but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I'm still going to persist because I'm sure something can be done it just a matter of talking to someone with empathy or getting through to the right person.

Are u from Osun state?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by volli: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
I am from Ondo state
Cousiim:

Are u from Osun state?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Taurus5656: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
volli:

Maybe they simply checked if you had applied with the same NIN more than once, regardless of if the application was submitted or not. Next time it may be better to delete the second application instead of leaving it unsubmitted. Who knows, they may have even shortlisted people who met their criteria but did not click the final submit button.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Thetruth443: 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
Please for German applicants, did you receive further mail on reference update on your portal?

Please kindly reply.
Thanks
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Analyst01(m): 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
Thetruth443:
Please for German applicants, did you receive further mail on reference update on your portal?

Please kindly reply.
Thanks
yes, I got one too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.