Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ (3175 Views)

9 Foolish Things Nigerian Ladies Do Everyday In The Name Of Love / 10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / 6 Things Nigerian Women Must Do To Make Themselves More Attractive To Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by DanielOwen2050(m): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2019
Generally, it is unpopular for the female counterpart to say I love you to a man. They rather prefer the guy the one to make the first move before they can concede. Nigerian girls are not exception to this either.

In my own opinion I think this comes as a result of shyness. For the Nigerian girls to properly express their feelings for their man they have adopted different methods other than saying I love you.

The following are 10 things they say instead of 'I love you':

1. ‘Ode’

This is not an insult, it’s actually a Nigerian girl’s way of flirting with you.

2. ‘ I don’t want your girlfriend to come and break my head o!’

This is just her way of asking if you have a girlfriend.

3. ‘Is there light in your house?’

This means they want to come over to your house and hang out, but they’re looking for an excuse.

4. ‘Big head’

Sometimes, instead of calling you ‘ode’, they’ll use ‘big head’ as a term of endearment.

5. ‘You can’t even call somebody’

This one is code for ‘I miss you’.

6. ‘Go away jare’

If you know what’s good for you, better stay. Nigerian girls are the queens of reverse psychology.

7. ‘Won’t you come and take me out?’

Her way of saying, ‘when are we going on a date?’

8. ‘You just forgot about me’

Another way of saying ‘ I miss you’.

9. ‘Have you eaten?’

If she asks you this, she really cares about you.

10. ‘I hate you’

If she says this, then she’s head over heels in love with you.

Tell me know what your own babe tells you.

Read Also: https://latesttip.com/lady-who-slept-with-dog-for-n3m-cries-out-for-help/

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by Lonelypacifist6: 10:34am On Dec 05, 2019
If she can't say it Expressly, all other ways are inconsequential null void and of no effect whatsoever.
Re: 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by NiklauseFred(m): 10:37am On Dec 05, 2019
Lol almost all my female friends do say these words me and their chorus is "I don't want ur gf to coman kee me" grin grin

Nigerian girls and reverse psychology sha

Re: 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by meobizy(f): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
OP has repackaged an article which hit front page many moons ago, titled 'how to know when a Nigerian girl likes you.'. The source was richer and more entertaining since it had memes depicting facial expressions and demeanours when the female says the statements.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by u11ae1013: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by Emodeee: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
"I don't like that guy". It is a lie. She will phuck him behind your backcheesy. Stupid girls.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by vickydankal(f): 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2019
We have device mean to be expressive without the feeling of being worthless and too forward. African men rarely take serious ladies who shows love most of the time. Don't blame us, blame the society that sidelined woman to be secretive and to be mincing of our feelings.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ by wealthtrak: 12:25am On Apr 19, 2021
DanielOwen2050:
Generally, it is unpopular for the female counterpart to say I love you to a man. They rather prefer the guy the one to make the first move before they can concede. Nigerian girls are not exception to this either.

In my own opinion I think this comes as a result of shyness. For the Nigerian girls to properly express their feelings for their man they have adopted different methods other than saying I love you.

The following are 10 things they say instead of 'I love you':

1. ‘Ode’

This is not an insult, it’s actually a Nigerian girl’s way of flirting with you.

2. ‘ I don’t want your girlfriend to come and break my head o!’

This is just her way of asking if you have a girlfriend.

3. ‘Is there light in your house?’

This means they want to come over to your house and hang out, but they’re looking for an excuse.

4. ‘Big head’

Sometimes, instead of calling you ‘ode’, they’ll use ‘big head’ as a term of endearment.

5. ‘You can’t even call somebody’

This one is code for ‘I miss you’.

6. ‘Go away jare’

If you know what’s good for you, better stay. Nigerian girls are the queens of reverse psychology.

7. ‘Won’t you come and take me out?’

Her way of saying, ‘when are we going on a date?’

8. ‘You just forgot about me’

Another way of saying ‘ I miss you’.

9. ‘Have you eaten?’

If she asks you this, she really cares about you.

10. ‘I hate you’

If she says this, then she’s head over heels in love with you.

Tell me know what your own babe tells you.

Read Also: https://latesttip.com/lady-who-slept-with-dog-for-n3m-cries-out-for-help/
wink

(1) (Reply)

They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] / Should I Accept Him Back? / She Told Me Her Tutorial Teacher Deflowered Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.