Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,370 members, 7,868,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:36 AM

Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote (1571 Views)

Poll: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?

Yes: 47% (9 votes)
No: 26% (5 votes)
Maybe: 26% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / 10 Signs To Know If Your Boy Friend Wishes To Marry You. / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Would You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: PLZ VOTE[/size]

Published 24/11/2010 15:43:00 Nenny Nnenna

The other day as I was doing my usual evening jog around my estate, I came across a pair, a young lady probably in her really early twenties and a man who appeared to be no less than 55years old.

They were cuddling and kissing in his G-wagon Mercedes SUV, pardon me for prying but I couldn’t help but notice two people inside a car at night snorkelling. This sight I had witnessed was not new or alien to me because it’s OK to be naughty with your significant other sometimes.

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/wedded_couple_858593373.jpg&size=article_small[/img]

But it got me thinking, what would such a young lady at that age be doing with a man who probably has children her age at home with a wife who I’m sure is fully aware of her husband’s extra marital affairs?

Let’s face it, the idea of dating a married man is nothing new to anyone who has been living in Nigeria, as a matter of fact, these married men now prefer to take their girlfriends/mistresses out for social events.

People have different reasons for doing what they do and I am not here to tell or teach anyone about a certain kind of moral standard, because I believe everyone chooses a lifestyle that suits their needs and goals in life and so be it.

I have come across a few ladies who live lavishly off these rich men who provide for their every need down to their mobile credit and what I always hear from each of them is ‘the end justifies the means’.

I could simply say that if you want to live the nice life and reside in the luxurious apartments over on the island, how about you get yourself a job and work hard for your money. Again, people could rightfully disagree with me, because let’s face it, working to get to that level (if at all you find a job) will take years as opposed to just sleeping with ‘oga chief’ for a few hundred thousand naira and a new car.

I hear a lot of girls who justify their actions by explaining that dating rich men has saved their lives and taken them out of poverty stricken backgrounds, they are able to take care of their families there by releasing the burdens of their parents. , hmm, that’s a good point I must confess! Again this is where we raise the issue, does the end justify the means?

I am not saying its only females from poor background that partake in this act, because I am aware that quite a few ladies from comfortable homes also date married men to maintain their lifestyle.

So here lies the question, does the means justify the end. Is it OK to date a married rich man in order to pay your way through life’s tough challenges or would you rather uphold your dignity and work diligently until till you get that break in your career if at all you ever do?
I will not condemn or commend anyone for the kind of life they choose to live but I would like to know what you all think about this.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/75205-Would-You-Date-Man-That-Will-Never-Marry-You.html
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by Dyt(f): 11:11pm On Nov 24, 2010
Chai d tori long o
bt as 4 d Q
nt every date leads 2 marriage na
sure i ll
i ll even date a dude dat his weddin is in few mnths
its all affection n understandin.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2010
Dyt:

Chai d tori long o
bt as 4 d Q
nt every date leads 2 marriage na
sure i ll
i ll even date a dude dat his weddin is in few mnths
its all affection n understandin.
IN other words, you can even date a married man?.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by Dyt(f): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2010
Sure
def
yes
if i v feelings 4 him
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by freecocoa(f): 11:26pm On Nov 24, 2010
Well you can't ask a guy if he'll marry you before agreeing to date him,you'll date,then see if marriage'll come up, but i can't date a married man.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 11:30pm On Nov 24, 2010
freecocoa:

Well you can't ask a guy if he'll marry you before agreeing to date him,you'll date,then see if marriage'll come up, but i can't date a married man.

What if you know for sure that he ain't gonna marry you, will you still date him if you feel him?
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by freecocoa(f): 11:37pm On Nov 24, 2010
@aloy, at this my age yes but when am 23 no.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by MrsEve1: 11:40pm On Nov 24, 2010
Yes, I would date a man if he will never marry me,
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 11:54pm On Nov 24, 2010
freecocoa:

@aloy, at this my age yes but when am 23 no.
What is your age if I may ask, sweetie?. And what is age got to do with it?
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by annita19(f): 12:34am On Nov 25, 2010
@ subject, so you want a man to propose to you at first sight?
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by freecocoa(f): 12:40am On Nov 25, 2010
@Aloy,am 21,i said no at 23 cos then i think marriage would be on ma mind but now,it isn't.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 1:49am On Nov 25, 2010
freecocoa:

@Aloy,am 21,i said no at 23 cos then i think marriage would be on ma mind but now,it isn't. 
Gotcha.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by obowunmi(m): 2:02am On Nov 25, 2010
Of course! Most girls are naieve, men don't just date them freely, we Bleep them too!!! They call it modernization of society
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by kay177(m): 3:02am On Nov 25, 2010
^^^^^^^ How would a lady know if a man wouldnt marry her--- Its all left for the man to make all his promises and pledge to her come to reality--- Lady's are not mind readers they live and believe in what men tell them,
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 3:18am On Nov 25, 2010
kay177:

^^^^^^^ How would a lady know if a man wouldnt marry her--- Its all left for the man to make all his promises and pledge to her come to reality--- Lady's are not mind readers they live and believe in what men tell them,

1) The man is royalty and by their people's culture, he cannot marry a commoner or outside his ethnic group.

2) The man is single but he made it clear to you that he doesn't intend to ever get married in life.

3) The man is already married but looking for another lady on the side to help him cool down his temper.

4) The lady is royalty and is not allowed to marry outside her ethnic group or race.

5) The man is involved with the mob and must marry someone whose family is affiliated with the mob.

And so on.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by obowunmi(m): 3:33am On Nov 25, 2010
@ kay, women have something unique called intuition, some choose to ignore it --- others don't. When men want to fccuuk they say many things. Women need to keep up with these tactics.

But I appreciate any woman who just wants to fccuukk without thinking marriage. Modern society has turned many women into this and provided them with this option.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by kay177(m): 3:55am On Nov 25, 2010
obowunmi:

@ kay, women have something unique called intuition, some choose to ignore it --- others don't. When men want to fccuuk they say many things. Women need to keep up with these tactics.

But I appreciate any woman who just wants to fccuukk without thinking marriage. Modern society has turned many women into this and provided them with this option.

So how is it possible for woman to know men's intention-- either genuine or selfish--- since ladies are meant by nature to succumb or agree to mens proposals thru the words of his mouth,
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by obowunmi(m): 4:02am On Nov 25, 2010
My advice, no such thing as "love at first sight" don't date men whom you, friends, or relatives can't vouch for.

Women are just as bad as men and the so-called modernization has created all forms of confusion --- women would still Bleep a man whether or not he plans to marry her, and vice versa! Modern society they say.

There's no way to tell a mans intention, and women break hearts too, there's no way tell a womans intention.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by kay177(m): 4:11am On Nov 25, 2010
The two are EVIL to me-- both men and women are thesame thing --- they both decieve themselves-- lie and live a double life -- infact its a case of evil mind versus evil mind or vise versa, you can never tell what he /she is planning, intention and feelings,
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by obowunmi(m): 4:19am On Nov 25, 2010
I won't say evil per se, but we all gotz to choose wisely.

@OP, ladies, will you date a man will never marry you ? YES

Men, will you date and ffcccuuk a girl that will never marry you? Of course!!

The so-called modern restructuring of society has allowed for such option. I feel bad for the next generation --- oooy!! Hope sanity will return soon.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by kay177(m): 4:24am On Nov 25, 2010
Sanity now reside in the Lagoon, We live life as it comes now nobody knows whats next, We are in the world were both men and women attach personal gains to every aspect of their lives--
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 25, 2010
@topic, My gosh! How do you know you would marry them unless you date them? I know right away if I like them, but I'm no psychic. It takes a while to know if you love a man enough to marry em.

Now to that article, No I would not date a married man who I know will never marry me. I will never even date a married man, I find it disgusting.
I believe in working for my own, no matter how little. This may sound insane but I do not fancy the rich life. been comfortable is ok for me.
personally, living like that would drive me insane in abt a month. Some people, however are content to do nothing with themselves but to depend on rich men for their day to day living. (NOT ME)
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 25, 2010
It depends. If his reason is genuinely because he doesn't believe in western ideals of marriage but he is willing to be some what faithful (100 percent faithful men = fairy tale tongue) and not afraid to act the role as my man, provider and protector, then I am good. Wedding bands can be lost and replaced but his heart and true feelings is what I am counting on.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2010
I would not date a married man.sometimes you know you cannot marry someone because of religioius divide you know it from day 1 but the man treats right and you are happy.but marriage is out of the qxn.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by Tinksh(f): 10:15am On Nov 25, 2010
I would not date a married man or even an 'attached man' He belongs to someone else and i wouldnt want it done to me. It goes against everything i believe in and i am worth more than some else's left overs. I would absolutly love to date a man thats doesnt want marriage, cos neither do i!
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by obowunmi(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2010
Wat does someones "left over" mean ? Smh --
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by no1madman(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2010
^^If OBO means toto. . .then what d Bleep is d meaning of WUNMI.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by peelovee(f): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2010
I will never dat a married man angry

I can not date a guy who start with  grin I will marry you baby  grin

I will date a guy whom I love and have feelings for, and a guy who also have thesame for me.
On the process of dating it might lead to marriage.  grin thats if i accept his proposal oh  grin

Tips:
I wonder what this world is turning into.
Every Guys and babes want to do testing . God deliver us.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2010
kay177:

So how is it possible for woman to know men's intention-- either genuine or selfish--- since ladies are meant by nature to succumb or agree to mens proposals thru the words of his mouth,

In the same vein, how is possible for men to know women's intention---whether genuine or selfish. Men needs to stop thinking they are always in control of this game.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by Tinksh(f): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2010
obowunmi:

Wat does someones "left over" mean ? Smh --

Seriously?? It means if you date a married man/women you get whats left over after the wife/husband has theirs. Their spouse gets first pick of their time, love, etc and you get whats left over. Im sorry i dont know how else to explain it.
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by tkb417(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2010
so am i suppose to tell her ill marry her when im wooing her?

or, u want us to start lieing to them?
Re: Ladies: Will You Date A Man That Will Never Marry You?: Vote by AloyEmeka8: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2010
tkb417:

so am i suppose to tell her ill marry her when im wooing her?

or, u want us to start lieing to them?

Men are never good liars anyway. Any woman who knows her salt will see his lying tongues the moment he makes the first statement and just sip her drink while singing 'to the left-to the left' to him.

tkb417, If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it

(1) (2) (Reply)

***ladies Dont seem to know their Glow season*** / Do Nigerian Men Prefer Girls And Women They Can Take Advantage Of? / Help A Relationship Here: What Does Cheating Really Means!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.