Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises (100872 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Confronts DSS Officials Over Refusal Of Legal Team To Access Court / Dot Nation T-Shirt: Sen Abaribe Denies Being Arrested By DSS Officials / Abba Bichi, Son Of DSS DG Uses DSS Officials As Bodyguards & Charters Plane - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by godofuck231: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2019
When the thief becomes the house owner , abuse of power lurks
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by naijacentric(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2019
Freehuman:
I'm laughing with tears in my eyes. I don't know whether to cry or laugh. I think they should find a way to the American Embassy. The DSS won't do shit there.

American Marines and their weapons there go do make DSS faint.

Falana- Vin Diesel 1 of Nigeria
see u u dont know dey are all supporting fg on code naija is their business centre and sowore wants to crumble it
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by MizMyColi(f): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2019
MrTeeo:

Me that I have relocated to Canada. Left 3 months ago

Good on you and thank you.
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 07, 2019
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by MizMyColi(f): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by ajebuter(f): 10:11am On Dec 07, 2019
bigfrancis21:

I just learned something new today. Say he was driven to the US embassy, for example, can the US embassy repatriate him out of the country without his passport, which may have been seized?

One, he will be safe in any embassy because embassy is regarded as a country and the host country law is respected but the law of the country represented by the embassy holds...Hence, since you cannot arrest someone in a foreign country without a very long and tedious processes, you can't do the same to a person seeking refuge in a foreign embassy because he is deemed to be in a foreign country..

And if I'm not wrong, Sowore has dual citizenship plus his wife is a citizen..

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by Daboomb: 10:23am On Dec 07, 2019
SmartMugu:

I understand your view. I doubt if the US Embassy will open their doors and participate in distrupting an on-going case though. If that was the case, several Nigerians in the US will run to Nigerian Embassies in the US to evade arrests too. Such things like asylum typically undergo a process and the embassy is not the first point of contact.

I think DSS moves may be intended to frustrate Sowore into losing his permanent residency in the US. A US green card holder typically loses his green card after being away from the US for more than 6 months. Sowore is getting closer to that threshold if it isn't passed yet.

I know you hate Sowore and you are happy at his ordeal but even at that, you shoudl at least say only what you are sure about!

1.) America will protect its citizens anywhere they are thought to be in danger, not like the useles one ear that is dessecrating our Judiciary.
if an America runs inside a US embassy when his life is in danger, Americans will not give up that person...nless they are certain the person has committed a serious offense and even at that, they wpuld insist the person must be allowed due representation in a law court.

The issue with Sowore is that he is a 'naturalised' American citizen who holds a Nigerian citizenship as well. So, his American citizenship is like 50% and that is why they are reluctant to intervene. His Senator where he lives in the US is already tabling his matter with congress and if Buhari is not careful and call his DSS hounds to order, he will be embarrased and ORDERED to release Sowore from detention and there is nothing he can do about it.
Right now, Sowore's life is very, very safe because Buhari has just used himself as an INSURANCE for Sowore's life.

2.) The US giving refuge to Sowore is not the samething as interferring or distrupting an ongoing court process (You wicked people know how to frame lies sha!).
It is the DSS that is distrupting and has distrupted an on-going case by failing to heed numerous court order to release the accused from their custody and by re-arresting him in court again, is an assault on the Judiciary and the US is watching all these and getting classified reports. 'If and When' they feel Sowore's rights are being trampled upon, they would warn Buhari to stop his dictatorial tyranic behaviour and let the court process run its course. If he refuses, then American govt have the right to protect someone who carries their citizenship and has 100% American children who are asking their government, for their father.

3.) Sowore cannot lose his Green card because their is a difference between "WILLFUL and ELECTIVE " absence Vs. IMPOSED absence.
Sowore is not willfully electing to be absent but he is being kept in custody, against his will by the gestapo DSS, on the orders of their tyrant leader, Buhari.
A simple Judicial Review Process will restore the citizenship back, even if it was "automatically" withdrawn but you know America is not a banana republic and their justice system cannot be rubbished by their Preisdent, the way Nigerian judiciary is being rubbished. They always give an accused citizen, the opportunity to defend themselves, with full legal representation.
Even If they keep Sowore for ten years, he still remains an American citizen.
Buhari is losing face and credibility very fast. his acions are back-firig and producing the opposite of its intended result. Right now, Sowore's popularity is just soaring and soaring while that of Buhari is diminishing, both locally and internationally. If he thinks he can kill Sowore the way Abiola was killed in detention, he better think again.

Let me observe that the SILENCE of Tinubu, who acclaims and parades himself as one of Yoruba leaders, is telling!
The same Tinubu was very quick to tell us it was not Fulani herdsmen that kill the daughter of Pa Fasonranti (even without any investigation and in contradiction of eye witness accounts), just to prove where his mistaken allegiance lie. I said mistaken because it is obvious that Buhari is methodically destroying the APC so tha by the time he finishes his second term, that party will not even be able to win an LGA election in Lagos, ensuring that any Yoruba that is fielded as its Presidential candidate will not win but he would rally the North in support of another Northern candidate, so the North can use another eight years as President, to make a total of 16years.

This is where the likes od Sowore are giving his plans a headache. he knows Tinubu is politically unsellable to any voter, not in this generation again.
Osinbajo and the likes of Sowore still have a lot of credibility and would give his Northern candidate a run for their money.
Tinubu should not playing "The Enemy Within". Yorubas dont spare traitors and dont forget their actions.
Recall, it was the treacherous actions of Jakande, that killed Awolowo
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Dec 07, 2019
Analysts Debate Rearrest Of Sowore, Desecration Of Court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6iCDVKnc1w
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2019
DSS Operatives Rearrest Omoyele Sowore In Abuja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhBJKlq97kk
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2019
Deji Adeyanju & Olisa Agbakoba speaks on Sowore's illegal rearrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YtAKprBpEo

Dramatic scenes in a courtroom in Abuja. Just hours after being freed by Nigeria's secret police, the prominent campaigner, journalist and former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, is back in detention after what's been described by his supporters as an outrageous example of the violation of the rule of law and political repression. His lawyer said it was yet another manifestation of the utter contempt for court orders by the state security service. So what's landed Mr Sowore back behind bars, less than twenty fours after he was released on bail? We'll hear from a lawyer, a journalist and from Mr Sowore's colleagues who were with him in court when he was taken down...
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by VanSARS: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
Freehuman:
I'm laughing with tears in my eyes. I don't know whether to cry or laugh. I think they should find a way to the American Embassy. The DSS won't do shit there.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

American Marines and their weapons there go do make DSS faint.

Falana- Vin Diesel 1 of Nigeria
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by SmartMugu: 2:12am On Dec 08, 2019
Daboomb:

I know you hate Sowore and you are happy at his ordeal but even at that, you shoudl at least say only what you are sure about!
Not sure exactly what made u say this? Why would I hate Sowore and be happy about his ordeal? He's someone I appreciate a lot for several of what he represents. Not sure where ure cooking up these from.
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Dec 09, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubqjS1ZhWjQ

'DSS Should Have Approached The Court', Lawyers Fault How Sowore Was Rearrested
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Breaking: Coalition Gives Buhari 14 Day Ultimatum To Release Sowore, Others.
The groups said the shrinking media and civic space in the country calls for concern by all Nigerians.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/12/09/breaking-coalition-gives-buhari-14-day-ultimatum-release-sowore-others

Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rearrest Of Sowore In Court Is A National Tragedy - Gani Adams

http://saharareporters.com/2019/12/09/rearrest-sowore-court-national-tragedy-%E2%80%93gani-adams
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08am On Aug 11, 2020
Any update on Sowore's case?
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Sep 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Any update on Sowore's case?

Activists Seek Intervention Of US Government Over 'City Detention' Of Sowore During Demonstration At Embassy

Leader of the group, Sydney Usman, condemned the arrest of Lance Corporal Martins by the Nigerian Army for calling for good security architecture.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/24/activists-seek-intervention-us-government-over-%E2%80%98city-detention%E2%80%99-sowore-during
Re: DSS Officials Chase Falana As He Drives Sowore Out Of Court Premises by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Group Condemns Sowore's Restriction To Abuja, Threat To Mailafia
SMBNMF in a statement by its President, Sidney Imohbio, asked the government to immediately let Sowore off the hook without any conditions.
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKSEP 13, 2020

The Southern, Middle Belt and Northern Minorities Forum has asked the Nigerian Government to stop the harassment and intimidation of reknown critics including Omoyele Sowore, who has been restricted to Abuja through a very stringent bail condition in order to break his spirit.

READ MORE

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign / More Anti-igbo Songs intercepted - FG / Buhari Is Not Nigeria's Problem – Zahra Buhari Shares Mansurah Isah's Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.