Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online (150075 Views)

Transmission Of COVID-19 At Shiloh 2020 (Winners Chapel) / Biodun Fatoyinbo Spotted At Shiloh 2020, Nigerians React (video) / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
lol....the true criminals in robe!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Gloriouspa(m): 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
chiefolododo:
It is protocol but if you call it bodyguards ,fine. King David had about 600men who were ready to kill for him

You're very correct, but remember that King David was a man of war. He's a warrior who goes to war to fight his people's enemies. I don't want to say more than that.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by kingxsamz(m): 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
SIR, IT WILL INTEREST U TO KNOW THAT THE GOD SERVANT OUT OF HOLY ANGER PLACED CURSE ON ALL THE ENEMIES OF THE CHURCH AND NIGERIA THIS MORNING... I SEE IT COMING TO PASS... I HOPE U ARE NOT ONE OF THEM? I FEAR THIS GOD OF ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO, OLUKOYA, ABINA AND KUMUYI OFCORSE WHICH IS MY GOD

Stfu..
Na so so curse una sabi.
That's why this country is the way it is.
You know how to curse well, but do the one that will benefit this country, no.
Ode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by sunboy(m): 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
OGA, WE HAVE THIS DEPARTMENT IN BIG CHURCHES... THEY ARE THE PROTOCOL OFFICERS... THEIR BASIC RESPONSIBILY IS TO PREVENT CROWD FROM GOING CLOSE TO THE MEN OF GOD IN THE NAME OF TOUCHING THEM TO RECIEVING MIRACLES... I AM 100% SURE IT IS THE PRAYERS OF THESE GOD'S GENERALS THAT IS KEEPING NIGERIA. BELIEVE IT OR NOT. GOD BLESS U

Bros you can lie o grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by KKKWHITE(m): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
OGA, WE HAVE THIS DEPARTMENT IN BIG CHURCHES... THEY ARE THE PROTOCOL OFFICERS... THEIR BASIC RESPONSIBILY IS TO PREVENT CROWD FROM GOING CLOSE TO THE MEN OF GOD IN THE NAME OF TOUCHING THEM TO RECIEVING MIRACLES... I AM 100% SURE IT IS THE PRAYERS OF THESE GOD'S GENERALS THAT IS KEEPING NIGERIA. BELIEVE IT OR NOT. GOD BLESS U
Mr man God has turn his back on this country The country is cursed and the devils throne is in Nigeria
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Ikun93(m): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
Jesus preached to 5000 people without using a public addressing system, fed them with the fishes and bread he had collected from some people (NOTE: he didn't keep the fish and bread to himself as offering like most pastors) , and needed no bodyguard to protect him, that's the true definition of man of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by slimfit1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
chiefolododo:
It is protocol but if you call it bodyguards ,fine. King David had about 600men who were ready to kill for him

You smoked something before typing didn't you? Read that bible again.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Tolux143(m): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
Confused sets of people. Na protocol. They are there for all pastors. Op sef you be mumu. You no dey follow the event going on in the church. You just see news, post am laidat

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by SonofDevil: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
SIR, IT WILL INTEREST U TO KNOW THAT THE GOD SERVANT OUT OF HOLY ANGER PLACED CURSE ON ALL THE ENEMIES OF THE CHURCH AND NIGERIA THIS MORNING... I SEE IT COMING TO PASS... I HOPE U ARE NOT ONE OF THEM? I FEAR THIS GOD OF ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO, OLUKOYA, ABINA AND KUMUYI OFCORSE WHICH IS MY GOD
he placed curse on boko haram when they bomb his church in 2013. How far has his curse came to pass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Idaytesj29(m): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
chiefolododo:

King David and not Pator or Reverend David. Spot the difference?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by koolaid87: 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
Bible says watch and pray

Na members no dey use brain, pastors dey utilize dem own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by ProtectMyMoney: 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
Pastors utilize body guards. Members utilize wrist bands ..how convenient.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Loveurneighbour: 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
SimDan95:
What else did you expect from these so called religious lords, only the gullible will fall to their scamming tactics.

They would sell stickers, books and bands to u for protection and prosperity while they walk around with heavily chested, heavily armed bodyguards.

They would tell u pray to God for ur daily bread while they grow fat from the coffers of the poor congregation, their children attend d best schools and are treated as demi gods while they turn ur own children to ushers, choirs and evangelist all in the name of serving the Lord.

The Bible says “my people suffer from lack of knowledge” that statement is 100 and 1 percent true.

WAKE UP U GULLIBLE ONES.
An expert that knows how to seek protection for u from God, is now seeking protection from bodyguards for himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Notion(m): 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
Rubbish people talk, looking for whom to jump their angers on and left what's important unattended, those people u called security men are crowd control unit and they are only in that position when alter calls are made, they are to direct and position the crowd coming where to stand at the alter. Ask if you don't know before spilling rubbish from ur mouth.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Gospelchinonso(m): 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
Be mindful of your speech, those guys there are church workers, they are sometimes called Protocol officers not what you really mean as bodyguard

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by NaijaHeadlines: 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmm..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by martowskin1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:

U see this mentality, is the reason this nation is backward.

Yet u guys are borrowing to survive from a nation like China who majority are not Christians.

U guys really need to wakeup from their religious slumber

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by vikstandon(m): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
The disciples of Jesus Christ carried out similar duty when they tried stopping the Children who came looking for Jesus Christ.

If they could do this... I bet u they have been doing the work of protocol to a greater extent.

You FaultFinders...Find a unit and serve God in his house. There is every opportunity to serve.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
Birdeyeview:
A christain should be christ-like in all his dealings...
our lord jesus christ never went out with body guards or seen with any even when he knew caiphas and the phariseas of the sahendrin had plot to have him executed because he was the messiah...
all this so called pastors and aclaimed men of God are scared of death, yet they wish to go to heaven.
Please read your Bible well. Inasmuch i hate seeing armed personnel near men of God, that doesn't mean we should mislead.
Next time while studying the Bible check if the disciples of Christ never did the job of "crowd control" (remember the case where HE said "allow the kids to come to me", the woman of issue of blood and lots more)
Bro did you know that the 12 had weapons with them tooo? Remember Peter and cutting off marcus ear ..
study well before criticising.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by FemiEddy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
The God of The Bible is my God.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by shantelleasante(f): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
chiefolododo:
David was a KING..This David isnt! Know the difference smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Angelfrost(m): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sigh... What is wrong with you bloggers and slow children of hate??!... Protect him with what? They are clearly unarmed!!!

Are we gonna pretend there is no place for protocol officials to prevent distractions and interference during ministrations??!... Even Jesus Christ had at least 12 of them around him most places he went to minister, even on the eve of his arrest.

Not a fan of religion or religious leaders, but this is just commonsense na.... Smh.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by RexTramadol1: 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2019
If they're paid for it, it's fine

Job creation shouldn't be frowned at
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by fof1: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
MGab25:
Bishop David Oyedepo, the founder and General Overseer of Living Faith Church a.k.a Winners’ Chapel who made headlines days ago after speaking out against the controversial hate speech bill, is on the news again after a photo of his alleged bodyguards went viral.

Oyedepo was spotted in the viral photo, surrounded by 9 men as he preached at his church’s annual programme ‘Shiloh’. The photo ignited mixed reactions as some social media user claimed the men are his bodyguards, while others defended the church leader; stating that the men are ushers stationed at the altar to control the crowd.

Twitter user @iam_Chisco1 who first shared his observation, tweeted “9 bodyguard protecting Bishop Oyedepo right in the alter of God…I wonder who he is actually afraid of when Jesus is by his side.”

Here are reactions to the tweet below;

@iam_selom tweeted: “More than 15 bodyguard protecting Bishop Oyedepo right in the alter of God…I wonder who he is actually afraid of when Jesus is by his side.”

@wainaina_john tweeted: “The social-religious facade messing Africa! Obviously, the 9 bodyguards are hired to keep all inane bigots surrounding him at bay. There’s no way success-hungry gullibles can mean well to a rich clergyman, moreso after offering hard-earned pennies to get hopefully instant miracles”

@ebube_iam tweeted: “They’re not bodyguards, they are called Protocols, they are from the Protocol department of the church. Even your political leaders have them. When last did you even go to church? Abi you just want to trend cos the stupid ones will join you in this thread”

@IGlare tweeted : “I see some fellows calling them ushers, try getting close to that ur bishop since he is ur pastor, and see the true meaning of Security guards. I have seen them manhandle worshippers when your Bishop is passing. Afterall he slapped a lady called her witch & you all hailed him.”

@tequaneV tweeted: “Those are crowd control unit members. I am one of them in my local assembly, it’s standard protocol in LFC worldwide to have CCU altar squad members standing when the Pastor in charge of the local assembly is preaching. don’t post trash dude”

@nonsookongwu tweeted: “Till tmr, my boss will always move with armed police people and crowd control team..after an experience he had preaching somewhere & he was almost suffocated by the crowd. In fact, those are his prime requirements if he must attend any programme. Call it what u want, baba is being safe”

@leyislee tweeted: “Nigeria has turned everyone to critics, we criticize everything even what we know nothing about or should care less about. Shiloh is going on and hundreds of thousands are there from so many countries. Order is needed. It’s not like that on Normal service days”

@enyola tweeted: “Protocol is English… if I approach that alter without invitation, will hey stop me from having access to him? If the answer is yes, they are part-time bodyguards and they are probably doing it for free so calling it ushers/protocol makes it sound like they are doing it for God.”

https://www.yugo.com.ng/bishop-oyedepos-9-bodyguards-at-shiloh-2019-sparks-controversy/

ITS NOT UNUSUAL.NO NEED TO EXAGGERATE WHAT U ARE SEEING. GOD IS IN D MATTER
SO KEEP UR MOUTHS SHUT AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT. THERE IS D SPIRITUAL AND THERE IS D PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF WORSHIP AND SECURITY. ITS NEVER A MISTAKE NEITHER DOES IT NEED DEIFICATION. HE IS UNDER INSTEUCTIONS TO DO RIGHT,PLS.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
Smh
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Tani91: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
Birdeyeview:
A christain should be christ-like in all his dealings...
our lord jesus christ never went out with body guards or seen with any even when he knew caiphas and the phariseas of the sahendrin had plot to have him executed because he was the messiah...
all this so called pastors and aclaimed men of God are scared of death, yet they wish to go to heaven.

But he had 12 disciples

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by obazie(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
Between the political elites that embezel our money and these men of God that touch lifes who should be held more in high esteem. Some people just sleep anyhow, wake up and start talking anyhow.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by portside(m): 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
If still thinking along the line that the man of God needs body guards inside the church should do him/herself a favour by logging in at Shiloh live on YouTube and see for yourself,this guys are protocols and crowd control guys when alter call is made, stop spreading false news.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by NELLY1990: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Kai my country people let’s be careful of the things we say. Judge not or u shall be judged for the cup used to judge someone the same cup shall be used on u. The tongue is a small part of the body but it can destroy quickly. Let’s be careful pls. Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion / SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.