Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online (150031 Views)

Transmission Of COVID-19 At Shiloh 2020 (Winners Chapel) / Biodun Fatoyinbo Spotted At Shiloh 2020, Nigerians React (video) / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Germi9: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
I believe it's something that's got to do with orderliness,not the other way round.In Heaven there are Angels who maintain Orderliness..this is normal stuff,I don't think Oyedipo is even keen about them.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Angelfrost(m): 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Birdeyeview:
A christain should be christ-like in all his dealings...
our lord jesus christ never went out with body guards or seen with any even when he knew caiphas and the phariseas of the sahendrin had plot to have him executed because he was the messiah...
all this so called pastors and aclaimed men of God are scared of death, yet they wish to go to heaven.

Stop being economical with Biblical truths... Christ had at least 2 to 12 of them on hand especially in the midst of crowds. Most of you don't even study your Bible.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by CallMeDrino: 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
SIR, IT WILL INTEREST U TO KNOW THAT THE GOD SERVANT OUT OF HOLY ANGER PLACED CURSE ON ALL THE ENEMIES OF THE CHURCH AND NIGERIA THIS MORNING... I SEE IT COMING TO PASS... I HOPE U ARE NOT ONE OF THEM? I FEAR THIS GOD OF ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO, OLUKOYA, ABINA AND KUMUYI OFCORSE WHICH IS MY GOD

Chai, this one too dumb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Le124(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
You have never attain any position like that neither have you stand infornt of 1000 people to speak b4 not to talk of crowd over 200k ,so you will never understand what the important of those protocol officers. Anyone trying to correct you might just be wasting his or time
StrikeBack:
....but selling heavenly security for his members at a price grin grin

If there are 9 bodyguards on the"Sacred alter", how many bodyguards will be at his home?

Hence, Religion is a SCAM

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Femeto: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
They are not only protecting the man of God they are also protecting the Altar of God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by DRPAIT123(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
So anyone who wears suit and stands close to a pastor is now a bodyguard, poverty stricken mentality from the most asinine people on earth
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by vicardino(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
Birdeyeview:

But jesus later condemed peter's act.

next time read and meditate uncle!

Have you asked yourself what was peter doing with the sword in the first place?

I'd suggest you do more reading ma

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Expert17: 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
kareemkamil:
Oloribuku 419 pastor

Better keep quiet......... B4 ur life bcoms more miserable.........

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by dannybrasky(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
OGA, WE HAVE THIS DEPARTMENT IN BIG CHURCHES... THEY ARE THE PROTOCOL OFFICERS... THEIR BASIC RESPONSIBILY IS TO PREVENT CROWD FROM GOING CLOSE TO THE MEN OF GOD IN THE NAME OF TOUCHING THEM TO RECIEVING MIRACLES... I AM 100% SURE IT IS THE PRAYERS OF THESE GOD'S GENERALS THAT IS KEEPING NIGERIA. BELIEVE IT OR NOT. GOD BLESS U

Our pastors should emulate JESUS!! JESUS never stopped anyone from touching HIM!!

Or can a pastor's crowd be GREATER THAN THAT OF JESUS.

SADLY OYEDEPO CAN COLLECT THEIR MONEY BUT THEY CAN'T TOUCH HIM
cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by desiredhome: 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
SIR, IT WILL INTEREST U TO KNOW THAT THE GOD SERVANT OUT OF HOLY ANGER PLACED CURSE ON ALL THE ENEMIES OF THE CHURCH AND NIGERIA THIS MORNING... I SEE IT COMING TO PASS... I HOPE U ARE NOT ONE OF THEM? I FEAR THIS GOD OF ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO, OLUKOYA, ABINA AND KUMUYI OFCORSE WHICH IS MY GOD
Are you excempted from the the curses, Christianity is following the footsteps of Jesus Christ, Jesus don't place curses on people only devil/demons do place curses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by bayelsaowei(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
damble:
OGA, WE HAVE THIS DEPARTMENT IN BIG CHURCHES... THEY ARE THE PROTOCOL OFFICERS... THEIR BASIC RESPONSIBILY IS TO PREVENT CROWD FROM GOING CLOSE TO THE MEN OF GOD IN THE NAME OF TOUCHING THEM TO RECIEVING MIRACLES... I AM 100% SURE IT IS THE PRAYERS OF THESE GOD'S GENERALS THAT IS KEEPING NIGERIA. BELIEVE IT OR NOT. GOD BLESS U
which kin mumu person be this...sorry I have to call you a mumu..sorry... embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by constancefriday(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
It's simply a matter of Common Sense.
Let's not constantly criticize basic security instincts...even Jesus told Satan that it's foolish to test God. Read Matthew 4:1-end in details.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Angelfrost(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:
Oledepo, why didn't he wait for Jesus to protect him. some fools are praising him. Scammer!

Protection??! What exactly can few unarmed men protect him from??!... You clearly don't understand the concept of crowd control.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by InvertedHammer: 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
/
Burglar, robber, thief, all na same.

Security, protocol, bodyguard, all na same.

Oga no want to be dirtied by gullible tithe-paying, instant miracle-chasing morons.

Nothing to be ashamed of zombies, Pope has them and he is not afraid to admit it. Why are Oyedepo followers pretending that the protection stickers they are buying are not jokes for cash?
The joke is on them.

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Expert17: 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
Timileyin1234:
And those men go stand there till e finish preaching without collecting kobo. Are they daft

Dey r not daft like u...also not unemployed, dose u r seeing dere are Rich men working for God.....

So keep quiet, bfor u cause more trouble for dis ur troubled life
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Enemyofpeace: 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
Baba no wan die grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Cutehector(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
What would Jesus do?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by wwwkaycom(m): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
Ushers not bodyguards
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
uzohrome:
Is protocol and nothing else, are they with ak47 riffle? Just normal protocol

Ogbeni gbenusoorn

How many protocol was dully observed during Jesus time?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Expert17: 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
TLION:
Na una problem be this... that stupid buhari held sowore no body see that one.. na protocol wey dey guard crow from....touching the paster una see....I say una go suffer for this country una never see anything...iya ma je yi see, awon were jatijati

I swear down...... No mind dem

People are just useless in dis country.,... Imagine topic for discussion.....

Even dose dat hvnt eaten since yesterday, .... R here ranting over rubbish.....

Keep talking trash abt d man of God,... U can't be richer Dan his house boy

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Olami112: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
MGab25:
Bishop David Oyedepo, the founder and General Overseer of Living Faith Church a.k.a Winners’ Chapel who made headlines days ago after speaking out against the controversial hate speech bill, is on the news again after a photo of his alleged bodyguards went viral.

Oyedepo was spotted in the viral photo, surrounded by 9 men as he preached at his church’s annual programme ‘Shiloh’. The photo ignited mixed reactions as some social media user claimed the men are his bodyguards, while others defended the church leader; stating that the men are ushers stationed at the altar to control the crowd.

Twitter user @iam_Chisco1 who first shared his observation, tweeted “9 bodyguard protecting Bishop Oyedepo right in the alter of God…I wonder who he is actually afraid of when Jesus is by his side.”

Here are reactions to the tweet below;

@iam_selom tweeted: “More than 15 bodyguard protecting Bishop Oyedepo right in the alter of God…I wonder who he is actually afraid of when Jesus is by his side.”

@wainaina_john tweeted: “The social-religious facade messing Africa! Obviously, the 9 bodyguards are hired to keep all inane bigots surrounding him at bay. There’s no way success-hungry gullibles can mean well to a rich clergyman, moreso after offering hard-earned pennies to get hopefully instant miracles”

@ebube_iam tweeted: “They’re not bodyguards, they are called Protocols, they are from the Protocol department of the church. Even your political leaders have them. When last did you even go to church? Abi you just want to trend cos the stupid ones will join you in this thread”

@IGlare tweeted : “I see some fellows calling them ushers, try getting close to that ur bishop since he is ur pastor, and see the true meaning of Security guards. I have seen them manhandle worshippers when your Bishop is passing. Afterall he slapped a lady called her witch & you all hailed him.”

@tequaneV tweeted: “Those are crowd control unit members. I am one of them in my local assembly, it’s standard protocol in LFC worldwide to have CCU altar squad members standing when the Pastor in charge of the local assembly is preaching. don’t post trash dude”

@nonsookongwu tweeted: “Till tmr, my boss will always move with armed police people and crowd control team..after an experience he had preaching somewhere & he was almost suffocated by the crowd. In fact, those are his prime requirements if he must attend any programme. Call it what u want, baba is being safe”

@leyislee tweeted: “Nigeria has turned everyone to critics, we criticize everything even what we know nothing about or should care less about. Shiloh is going on and hundreds of thousands are there from so many countries. Order is needed. It’s not like that on Normal service days”

@enyola tweeted: “Protocol is English… if I approach that alter without invitation, will hey stop me from having access to him? If the answer is yes, they are part-time bodyguards and they are probably doing it for free so calling it ushers/protocol makes it sound like they are doing it for God.”

https://www.yugo.com.ng/bishop-oyedepos-9-bodyguards-at-shiloh-2019-sparks-controversy/

Ode , you no get father wey go make people read your blog Abi? Na someone else you go dey write about. Oponu
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Jimi24: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Notion:
Rubbish people talk, looking for whom to jump their angers on and left what's important unattended, those people u called security men are crowd control unit and they are only in that position when alter calls are made, they are to direct and position the crowd coming where to stand at the alter. Ask if you don't know before spilling rubbish from ur mouth.

It is ultimately a soul winning program. At some point there would be an altar call. The young men are there to maintain order before the altar of God.
Also some energetic physical manifestations accompany deliverance (sometimes). Physical restraint and calming may be necessary.
Generally for Bishop Oyedepo, his choleric temparament shines through most of what he does. Quite unlike Pastor Adeboye who is calm.and masterful.
God knows that his servants on earth have different personalies. I will continue to bless Bishop Oyedepo's ministry even though I dont like his politics and worldly exposure
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by buchibrand(m): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
You had better turn your search light to Redemption Camp and 3x3 Auditorium from Monday 9Th to Sunday 15Th of December 2019 for THE HOLY GHOST CONGRESS, theme: THE GREAT TURN AROUND.

You will see a lot of those kind of men and women, some of them are captains of industry and billionaires, who are ready to sacrifice their time, resources and energy for service to mankind and God.

What you have just seen at Shiloh is small compared to the "Body Guards" you will see during this year's Holy Ghost Congress (THE GREAT TURN AROUND)
Please I invite you to come see things to trend with.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Timileyin1234(m): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
Expert17:

Dey r not daft like u...also not unemployed, dose u r seeing dere are Rich men working for God.....
So keep quiet, bfor u cause more trouble for dis ur troubled life
Shut up jare. Oponu oshi.
Brainwashed human beingundecided

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Doctordogood(m): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
uzohrome:
Is protocol and nothing else, are they with ak47 riffle? Just normal protocol
Protocol indeed! Is this protocol biblical?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by ajalawole(m): 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
dannybrasky:

Our pastors should emulate JESUS!! JESUS never stopped anyone from touching HIM!!

Or can pastor's crowd be GREATER THAN THAT OF JESUS.

cry cry

don't mind those brainwashing religious bigot. I know of a pastor in ilorin like that, those bodyguards follow him all the way to the hostel or home... from my finding, some are police SPY. come to one big church at tanke ilorin and see for Urself. nothing like protocol here, they are paid bodyguards.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by ZooOga: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
i can never forget him slapping that child in church a few years ago.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Expert17: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
dannybrasky:

Or can a pastor's crowd be GREATER THAN THAT OF JESUS.

cry cry

Ur life s just like dat monkey face

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Godhatesodomy: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
Wow

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by dannybrasky(m): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
ajalawole:
don't mind those brainwashing religious bigot. I know of a pastor in ilorin like that, those bodyguards follow him all the way to the hostel or home... from my finding, some are police SPY. come to one big church at tanke ilorin and see for Urself. nothing like protocol here, they are paid bodyguards.
Obviously OYEDEPO the businessman of a pastor is protecting his life with bodyguards as the anointing oil he is selling for protection to the gullible does not apply to him grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Viking007(m): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
okorotalkative:

Haha wake up man.
As in!!! The religious brainwashing cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online by Yxxx: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
chiefolododo:
It is protocol but if you call it bodyguards ,fine. King David had about 600men who were ready to kill for him
God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion / SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.