Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him (78331 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Man Who Shot 11-year-boy Dead While Testing His Gun (Pics) / Man Slaps A Policeman Who Slapped Him In Warri. Policeman Then Fires Gun (Video) / Policeman Shoots Boy Dead In Umuahia For Asking Who Flashed The Light (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by pacespot(m): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
RIP sad

What are the people there doing to the policeman? Even Buffaloes will fight back if Lions try to snatch one of their own.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Tareq1105: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
teadrake:
This country is going down!!!
I repeat!!!
This country is going down!! It seems they want to kill everybody

What kind of country are we?

Police shot the boy just like that and you think the parents should just take it like that?

This can't happen in a sane society.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by saintruky(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hope d bastard who chanced d boy from d queue is now happy..

Wickedness of black mofos
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by lakesider(m): 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
Forget human right, you can get shot anywhere in the world if you slap a police man especially in bank environment
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by akbahbah(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
I foresee war against Nigeria Police and their families. It's gonna happen very soon.. They and their families will be lynched in a broad day light. They will go to their houses, kill them and burn their houses down. I see it coming. Nigeria is trending towards WAR against police and all Politicians.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by nigeriafarmer: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
the cop just shoot him just like that?

that police man must be shoot too
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by webngnews: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
Sad
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by maasoap(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
[b] The police must be a northerner a southern office can't act such lawlessly. [b] The police authority do send northern officers intentionally to d south to kill people nd also protect northerners in south incase if fracas happens between them nd their host communities

Your ignorance and tribalism knows no bound.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by koning: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
mytime24:
Only wetin men in black abi

So he actually collected the money. I have seen the first part, but not the second part of this meme.

Thanks for the complete post.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Absoj(m): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
mytime24:
Only wetin men in black abi
grin grin grin grin na person papa u nak him picture here soo. Hope none of his children is on nairaland. Them go "Sowore" you.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Princemolar101: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
Anytime you see armed rubber coming and you run to Nigeria security my ,my sister RIP to you
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by therajah: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
oshozondii:
Tension has now enveloped the people of Njaba local government area, following the gruesome murder of an 18-year-old boy, Awuzie Duru by a trigger happy police officer.

The incident, which happened inside the premises of a new generation bank branch at Umuaka, saw the policeman shooting the boy for retaliating a slap from the policeman, whose identity could not be ascertained.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday, December 1, when Awuzie (aka Aboy), who hailed from Isiozi Aka in the town, had gone to the bank to withdraw money from the bank’s ATM gallery.

One of the villagers, who witnessed the killing, told The Nation that when Awuzie joined the ATM line, other persons joined the queue behind him.

“They were on the queue when his (Awuzie’s) phone rang, he stepped out of the line to answer the call. When he came back the other person behind him took his position on the queue and tried to stop him from joining the queue again.

“This action was happening in the presence of this killer policeman and caused hot exchange of words between Awuzie and the guy that took his position on the queue while the policeman was there watching.

“The exchange of words between the two degenerated to fighting and in the process, the policeman who has been watching the scene came and started scolding Awuzie who was trying to maintain his position after answering his call.

“The boy told him, ‘you were here watching while we were exchanging words. Why scolding me now it has led to fighting?’ The policeman slapped him and the boy retaliated. In the process, the policeman cocked his gun and shot the boy, who died instantly”

The death of the boy, it was gathered, has stirred up tension in the town as the youths in the area are said to be planning an attack on the police station.

According to village sources, the youths had mobilised to attack the police station when some elders appealed to them to allow the police hierarchy handle the matter.

An elder in the area said: “I can tell you that the boys were not happy with the matter is that policeman killed the boy over an altercation. So, they had mobilised to burn down the station to show their anger and loss.

“But, some of us had to intervene because this kind of thing has happened here before about 15 years ago when some policemen caused the death of some people in Umuaka here and our youths burned down the police station. So we don’t want this kind of thing to happen anymore.

“Some of them are still planning to launch an attack but we’re still appealing to them”.

The state police commissioner, Rabiu Ladodo confirmed the incident, saying the command was doing everything possible to contain any further crisis that might arise from the incident.

Ladodo, who disclosed that the killer policeman had been arrested, said appropriate punishment would be meted out to him if he was found guilty.

The CP said “Yes, I’m aware that the youths mobilised to the police station, but I told my men that we must handle the matter community policing and professionally too. That’s why when the villagers came, we allowed them to express their grievance and we addressed the matter. We were very professional in handling the matter”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/police-officer-shoots-18-year-old-to-death-for-retaliating-slap/
Is this a true story or a stupid nollywood script?
If it is a true story...
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Dedemworld: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
The police must be a northerner a southern office can't act such lawlessly. The police authority do send northern officers intentionally to d south to kill people nd also protect northerners in south incase if fracas happens between them nd their host communities
how does this one relate to this topic. Pls borrow sense Biko
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by therajah: 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
What do you expect when you give a riffle to a school dropout who takes alcohol on duty, smokes hemp and aggressive
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by avrex3k(m): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
EmmBim:
na WA so because he slapped the foolish policeman in retaliation,the poor boy deserved death.this is babaric
why should he slap an officer on a uniform that's a dumb move rip to him angry
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Philinho(m): 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
sirblend:
Why must he retaliate?... Only a fool fights a man holding a gun..
I queue behind you.....
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Chicastle: 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
So no body can tell person how to get visa to UNITED STATES OR Canada?

at least before this tyrant cone down I go do make small money the heat much.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by VanSARS: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
oshozondii:
Tension has now enveloped the people of Njaba local government area, following the gruesome murder of an 18-year-old boy, Awuzie Duru by a trigger happy police officer.

The incident, which happened inside the premises of a new generation bank branch at Umuaka, saw the policeman shooting the boy for retaliating a slap from the policeman, whose identity could not be ascertained.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday, December 1, when Awuzie (aka Aboy), who hailed from Isiozi Aka in the town, had gone to the bank to withdraw money from the bank’s ATM gallery.

One of the villagers, who witnessed the killing, told The Nation that when Awuzie joined the ATM line, other persons joined the queue behind him.

“They were on the queue when his (Awuzie’s) phone rang, he stepped out of the line to answer the call. When he came back the other person behind him took his position on the queue and tried to stop him from joining the queue again.

“This action was happening in the presence of this killer policeman and caused hot exchange of words between Awuzie and the guy that took his position on the queue while the policeman was there watching.

“The exchange of words between the two degenerated to fighting and in the process, the policeman who has been watching the scene came and started scolding Awuzie who was trying to maintain his position after answering his call.

“The boy told him, ‘you were here watching while we were exchanging words. Why scolding me now it has led to fighting?’ The policeman slapped him and the boy retaliated. In the process, the policeman cocked his gun and shot the boy, who died instantly”

The death of the boy, it was gathered, has stirred up tension in the town as the youths in the area are said to be planning an attack on the police station.

According to village sources, the youths had mobilised to attack the police station when some elders appealed to them to allow the police hierarchy handle the matter.

An elder in the area said: “I can tell you that the boys were not happy with the matter is that policeman killed the boy over an altercation. So, they had mobilised to burn down the station to show their anger and loss.

“But, some of us had to intervene because this kind of thing has happened here before about 15 years ago when some policemen caused the death of some people in Umuaka here and our youths burned down the police station. So we don’t want this kind of thing to happen anymore.

“Some of them are still planning to launch an attack but we’re still appealing to them”.

The state police commissioner, Rabiu Ladodo confirmed the incident, saying the command was doing everything possible to contain any further crisis that might arise from the incident.

Ladodo, who disclosed that the killer policeman had been arrested, said appropriate punishment would be meted out to him if he was found guilty.

The CP said “Yes, I’m aware that the youths mobilised to the police station, but I told my men that we must handle the matter community policing and professionally too. That’s why when the villagers came, we allowed them to express their grievance and we addressed the matter. We were very professional in handling the matter”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/police-officer-shoots-18-year-old-to-death-for-retaliating-slap/
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Obec70(m): 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2019
The security agencies in the country are pushing the masses to the BRICK! what kind of nonsense is this, no value for human life! Just like that a defenseless boy gun down & we call it trigger happy policeman? Something is wrong in this country.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by fuckpro: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
Stanweezy:
Police are they our friend or enemy?
But sir are you sane for still asking?
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by fuckpro: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2019
TechCapon:
The boy is a stupid boy. That's how he slaps his elders otherwise why would he see a policeman old enough to be his father, in uniform and carrying AK 47 and he still went ahead to slap him. He's a foool.

By the way, why are there so many sowore thread and no Anthony Joshua thread today. Give us Anthony Joshua gist abeg.
A slap is now equivalent to a firing squad death sentence
How did Nigeria get to this all time low
I spit at this abominable land
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by eedrisunky: 6:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
This is absurd....How could a police officer kill a civilian out of anger.......JAH REVIVE THIS NATION
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by fuckpro: 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
sirblend:
Why must he retaliate?...
Only a fool fights a man holding a gun..
So when you slap me I have every right to shot you dead

You should be sent back to the mental fortress you escaped from
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by buchhy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
TechCapon:
The boy is a stupid boy. That's how he slaps his elders otherwise why would he see a policeman old enough to be his father, in uniform and carrying AK 47 and he still went ahead to slap him. He's a foool.

By the way, why are there so many sowore thread and no Anthony Joshua thread today. Give us Anthony Joshua gist abeg.

You and the 22 people that liked ur comments are all fools
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by dlevi(m): 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
The major fault came from the idiot that took his position and wouldn't shift for him when he returned, otherwise that wouldn't have happened.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by DavSagacity(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
sweetonugbu:
One day enough will be enough
when will that one day come if it will ever come.!,!,
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by sweetonugbu: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
DavSagacity:
when will that one day come if it will ever come.!,!,
it will come
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Fantazy(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
So police that was meant to protect has killed a person just because he slapped him back
Why can he just beat anyway he likes instead of killing him
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
RIP
Even if the boy was angry common sense should have told him that you don't slap somebody with a gun even in retaliation.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Shalommy(f): 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
Kill them police and burn down the station. Show no mercy.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by TechCapon(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
fuckpro:

A slap is now equivalent to a firing squad death sentence
How did Nigeria get to this all time low
I spit at this abominable land
how Nigeria got to this low level? If you ask me who I go ask?
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by bukatyne(f): 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
TechCapon:

How do an unarmed young man slap an armed police officer?

God comfort his family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How True Are The Stories Of Girls Being Used By Yahoo Boys For Ritual? / Buccaneers, Vikings, Cult Groups In Ikorodu Gather For Peace Meeting (Pics) / Ibrahium Asalailul "Small Japron" Is Dead - Cyberng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.