Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him (78327 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Man Who Shot 11-year-boy Dead While Testing His Gun (Pics) / Man Slaps A Policeman Who Slapped Him In Warri. Policeman Then Fires Gun (Video) / Policeman Shoots Boy Dead In Umuahia For Asking Who Flashed The Light (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by bukatyne(f): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
Promismike:
Now the guy who took his position which resulted to Altacation and the killing of the young boy has gone home happy.

Most times we just need to be sensitive and horn our ability to control our temper and let go when we meet some people who are devils in disguise. The are everywhere.

True

Especially as they actually saw him leave the queue.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Mabelenena(f): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
"We were very professional in handling the matter”.

YES YOU PEOPLE ONLY HANDLE CASES PROFESSIONALLY WHEN IT HAS ENDED UP IN DEATH
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by sirblend: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
fuckpro:

So when you slap me I have every right to shot you dead

You should be sent back to the mental fortress you escaped from

You lack the mental capacity to comprehend...

You need to return all the money your parent wasted trying to educate you.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by LINTUNE(m): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
God will not allow us to bring misfortune to others ,just look at what the other guy indirectly caused,why Chance someone that just left the queue to answer call,I'm sure he is feeling guilty wherever he is. embarassed angry
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Stanweezy(m): 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
fuckpro:

But sir are you sane for still asking?

Thanks for that sir the rest are useless
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Champagnegold: 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
Tomorrow some monkey with pot belly will mention hate speech but no legal treatment on this hate action.

Make any yeye police slap me I go pretend to go but I will surely return fo avenge
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by timmy2324: 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Would he retaliate if army slap him, he slap a policeman with gun, very fool of him
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by davillian(m): 12:25am On Dec 08, 2019
abeggnow:
In the USA try slapping police personnel and see if that person doesn't end up in the morgue. It was wrong to slap the policeman especially when you see he is armed.
So it was right for the police to slap(assault) him.?
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by davillian(m): 12:26am On Dec 08, 2019
Mrjo:
remember the guy fought the law
Remember the law slapped him first !
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by MetaPhysical: 1:37am On Dec 08, 2019
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by abeggnow: 1:55am On Dec 08, 2019
davillian:

So it was right for the police to slap(assault) him.?

NO it wasn't.there are other means to get justice not slapping an armed police man
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by abeggnow: 2:02am On Dec 08, 2019
gypsey:
Bullshit! No one will end up in a morgue for slapping a police man in the US, grin Anyway No policeman would slap a citizen in the US too.

both parties respects each other.

Really??LOL have heard of police brutality in the US??
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by kennydora: 2:17am On Dec 08, 2019
The policeman is cursed wt blood of that boy. He will die miserably
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by davillian(m): 4:47am On Dec 08, 2019
abeggnow:
NO it wasn't.there are other means to get justice not slapping an armed police man
I get your point but our reactions to issues can't be the same.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Kaiser94(m): 6:16am On Dec 08, 2019
Going by this report, the guy on the queue is an idiot and he typified the average Nigerian; always looking to take advantage of others and not giving a damn whose head is off in the process.
Now as for the trigger happy policeman, I’ve always maintained that except the security situation calls for it no policeman should be walking about with an assault rifle as his/her primary weapon. We are not in Somalia, whatever happened to carrying a 9mm glock or berreta? But in Nigeria you see every police officer with an assault rifle, an old assault rifle with a guy that looks like he’s frustrated with life is a recipe for disaster.
I hope the police hierarchy will look into this senselessness that’s pervaded the force in recent times and make concerted efforts to forestall future reoccurrence.
I pray for the soul of the departed, May he Rest In Peace and May God grant his family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

And a quick advice to my fellow Nigerians
Abeg no dey follow this police people drag o, most of them na were and dem no sabi use the gun wey dey der hand like that so if dem stop you Abeg no do strong head o...... e better make you chop slap pass make you die o
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by harakiri(m): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2019
timmy2324:
Would he retaliate if army slap him, he slap a policeman with gun, very fool of him

Its because of this cowardliness these touts in uniform have the impetus to keep doing it again and again and again. Army, police, navy, air force, civil defence etc What's the difference? They are all touts who will readily oppress defenseless citizens (but run into the bush in the face of a real for). Cowards!!!

Nb...I don slap army as a teen (1999) and I ain't dead.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by harakiri(m): 7:21am On Dec 08, 2019
Until the citizens of this hopeless useless country start taking drastic moves, human right abuses will continue to escalate.

Why are Nigerians such hopeless useless cowards?

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Iamkaro: 9:12am On Dec 08, 2019
teadrake:
This country is going down!!!
I repeat!!!
This country is going down!! It seems they want to kill everybody

What have you done to make this country better?
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by naijacentric(m): 10:21am On Dec 08, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
The police must be a northerner a southern office can't act such lawlessly. The police authority do send northern officers intentionally to d south to kill people nd also protect northerners in south incase if fracas happens between them nd their host communities
you are very wise sir i have noticed it too dey always hide under being neutral but na lie especially the HF people of the north dose guys need country of their own
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Niaja4real(m): 10:57am On Dec 08, 2019
oshozondii:
Tension has now enveloped the people of Njaba local government area, following the gruesome murder of an 18-year-old boy, Awuzie Duru by a trigger happy police officer.

The incident, which happened inside the premises of a new generation bank branch at Umuaka, saw the policeman shooting the boy for retaliating a slap from the policeman, whose identity could not be ascertained.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday, December 1, when Awuzie (aka Aboy), who hailed from Isiozi Aka in the town, had gone to the bank to withdraw money from the bank’s ATM gallery.

One of the villagers, who witnessed the killing, told The Nation that when Awuzie joined the ATM line, other persons joined the queue behind him.

“They were on the queue when his (Awuzie’s) phone rang, he stepped out of the line to answer the call. When he came back the other person behind him took his position on the queue and tried to stop him from joining the queue again.

“This action was happening in the presence of this killer policeman and caused hot exchange of words between Awuzie and the guy that took his position on the queue while the policeman was there watching.

“The exchange of words between the two degenerated to fighting and in the process, the policeman who has been watching the scene came and started scolding Awuzie who was trying to maintain his position after answering his call.

“The boy told him, ‘you were here watching while we were exchanging words. Why scolding me now it has led to fighting?’ The policeman slapped him and the boy retaliated. In the process, the policeman cocked his gun and shot the boy, who died instantly”

The death of the boy, it was gathered, has stirred up tension in the town as the youths in the area are said to be planning an attack on the police station.

According to village sources, the youths had mobilised to attack the police station when some elders appealed to them to allow the police hierarchy handle the matter.

An elder in the area said: “I can tell you that the boys were not happy with the matter is that policeman killed the boy over an altercation. So, they had mobilised to burn down the station to show their anger and loss.

“But, some of us had to intervene because this kind of thing has happened here before about 15 years ago when some policemen caused the death of some people in Umuaka here and our youths burned down the police station. So we don’t want this kind of thing to happen anymore.

“Some of them are still planning to launch an attack but we’re still appealing to them”.

The state police commissioner, Rabiu Ladodo confirmed the incident, saying the command was doing everything possible to contain any further crisis that might arise from the incident.

Ladodo, who disclosed that the killer policeman had been arrested, said appropriate punishment would be meted out to him if he was found guilty.

The CP said “Yes, I’m aware that the youths mobilised to the police station, but I told my men that we must handle the matter community policing and professionally too. That’s why when the villagers came, we allowed them to express their grievance and we addressed the matter. We were very professional in handling the matter”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/police-officer-shoots-18-year-old-to-death-for-retaliating-slap/
What about the guy who took this young man's position in the queue which eventually leads to the painful killing of the boy that was simply asking for his rightful place in the queue
My only prayer for that agent provocateur is that another person shall always take his place in this life.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by clemzo101(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2019
TechCapon:
The boy is a stupid boy. That's how he slaps his elders otherwise why would he see a policeman old enough to be his father, in uniform and carrying AK 47 and he still went ahead to slap him. He's a foool.

By the way, why are there so many sowore thread and no Anthony Joshua thread today. Give us Anthony Joshua gist abeg.
you are brain dead I suppose, so no comment
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by abeggnow: 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
davillian:

I get your point but our reactions to issues can't be the same.
well his unwise reaction has gotten him killed.
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by skywalker240(m): 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
TechCapon:
The boy is a stupid boy. That's how he slaps his elders otherwise why would he see a policeman old enough to be his father, in uniform and carrying AK 47 and he still went ahead to slap him. He's a foool.

By the way, why are there so many sowore thread and no Anthony Joshua thread today. Give us Anthony Joshua gist abeg.
you must be very stupid.

you're applying cultural tradition to rule of law?

so the police solved the case by slapping someone?
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by teadrake(m): 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamkaro:

What have you done to make this country better?
And you want me to start listing them for a fool like you?? Nonsense!!!
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by TheFacelessMan: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
notttty:

Honestly I pity you because what you call balls just caught his young life short and he is now deceased. If this is the bald my generation don't have, I'm happy we don't because in my family we live long enough to achieve great things, not stupid enough to slap an officer on uniform in exchange for a bullet, are you sane at all? You got two big balls right? How many police officers have you or your fathers slapped your entire life. Stupid ba$tard son with a thousand fathers.

Toniblacman might commit suicide at this comment grin

I found it hilarious some foolish Nigerians are here hailing the abject stupidity of the boy.

There are ways of de-escalation. It's obvious the boy was ill-mannered and lacked home-training.

1 Like

Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by harakiri(m): 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
I notice comments about the boy slapping the officer. I ask...who slapped who first? Do policemen in sane climes slap citizens on basis of "rudeness"? If a policeman slaps a boy in Germany or even Croatia I can put my money on it that it would be a mob not just one person bitch slapping the lunatic in uniform.

Why do we bury our heads in the sand in this country?
Re: Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him by Iamkaro: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2019

teadrake:

And you want me to start listing them for a fool like you?? Nonsense!!!

Easy bro, I was just pulling ur legs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How True Are The Stories Of Girls Being Used By Yahoo Boys For Ritual? / Ibrahium Asalailul "Small Japron" Is Dead - Cyberng / Buccaneers, Vikings, Cult Groups In Ikorodu Gather For Peace Meeting (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.