Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

'just Friends' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'just Friends' (1580 Views)

Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
Always wanted to ask, Is it possible for a Lady and a Guy to be ‘Just Friends’ and nothing more?? I‘ve had this conversation with sum friends a few while back, and some took da view dat even b4 a guy approaches a Girl/Lady to talk to her, he’s already conceived sum form of likeness for her and not jus ordinary likeness lol  grin even when they state ‘They jus want 2 be friends’. I dnt think I’ve met a Guy dat doesn’t want more than they cn hve and watz sad is when the girl actually wants to hve this person as a friend but they always end up tryna cross boundaries  sad. So I thot I come ask u wonderful breed of Nairaland Gentlemen *clears throat* if u can or already hve female friends that are 'just friends' to u and nothing more?

And Ladies if u in da same boat as me and noticed this with your male friends or maybe itz jus me undecided  sad sad
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2010
Tough one but yeah it's possible.
I have loads of female friends that all we do is just hang out and nothing more. I'm sure I'd accept if they make sexual advances towards me but i don't think I'd make the first move.
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2010
Lol U wudnt make the 1st move but u wud accept which means u do hve ting 4 dem ryt?
Wow my point proven by one person grin
Re: 'just Friends' by mekay(m): 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2010
To be frank with you any guy that is just friends with any female will want to go the extra mile if given the chance. Some will want to be playing on such levels until the right opportunity surfaces. I think its all about the mindset and the attraction.
Re: 'just Friends' by Yorisb: 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2010
Yea its 100% possible esp if the chick is FAT and UGLY, erm, but if she's breathtakingly gawjus [size=2pt]like the OP[/size] wink then. . . .possible. NOT! undecided
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2010
mekay:

To be frank with you any guy that is just friends with any female will want to go the extra mile if given the chance. Some will want to be playing on such levels until the right opportunity surfaces. I think its all about the mindset and the attraction.

So ur sayin derez nothing lyk 'Just friends' between males and females?
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2010
Yes you are right with your thinking but as you know technically friends don't usually put themselves in such positions.
If my female friend is single then i won't be inviting her over to my place as it's a recipe for disaster.
Most of my female friends are in relationships so I'm more of a big brother kinda thing (The one dat gives advices and all)

Point is you can be friends with a woman as long as you don't spend all your time with them vice versa.
Re: 'just Friends' by MrCork26: 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2010
Chibaby, madam i can be your friend if u want, I drive  a BMW, with alloy wills! wink
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2010
@yorisb

So u say itz based on the looks of the girl huh? wud u make a move to talk to a 'FAT and Ugly' girl lyk u put it in da first place? cheesy grin I thot so! tongue
Re: 'just Friends' by 190: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2010
myself and chi-baby are more than friends

cos we sleep on the same bed everyday and she touches and misuses me!!
angry
Re: 'just Friends' by no1madman(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2010
I got a whole lotta female friends but a good number want more than friends. . .
Re: 'just Friends' by mekay(m): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2010
chi-baby:

So your sayin derez nothing lyk 'Just friends' between males and females?

Just friends does exist but most guys will go beyond that if given the chance.
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2010
jay bee:

Yes you are right with your thinking but as you know technically friends don't usually put themselves in such positions.

Err how do u mean and wat positions?

jay bee:

If my female friend is single then i won't be inviting her over to my place as it's a recipe for disaster.
Point is you can be friends with a woman as long as you don't spend all your time with them vice versa.
 cheesy cheesy
So basically guys always have feelings for their female friends then undecided? Cuz i dnt see dat happening with sum1 u dnt hve any attraction to
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
no1madman:

I got a whole lotta female friends but a good number want more than friends. . .

Yeh true say. I 4got 2 add dat these days girls are increasingly making the move which i find very insane.
Its always one or the other which finally brings us to the question of if 'just friends' between males and females exist? undecided
Now i think it doesnt actually undecided
Re: 'just Friends' by Yorisb: 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
chi-baby:

@yorisb

So u say itz based on the looks of the girl huh? wud u make a move to talk to a 'FAT and [b]Ugly' [/b]girl lyk u put it in da first place?  cheesy grin

UGLY is relative nau - [size=2pt]they often make the move BTW[/size]cheesy

I thot so! tongue

angry
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2010
chi-baby:

Err how do u mean and wat positions?
 cheesy cheesy

Coming to visit me whilst wearing revealing things
Getting all touchy/flirty with me
Sending me signals that she needs a good shag

chi-baby:

So basically guys always have feelings for their female friends then undecided? Cuz i dnt see dat happening with sum1 u dnt hve any attraction to

Yes we do but it's not overblown as we tend to keep it under wrap by setting the above boundaries

If you agree with me that Men don't view shagging as a big thing then you will understand where we r coming from.
The only people above shagging are relatives and any other person is indeed shagable unless we have mutual respect and don't put ourselves in undermining positions.
Re: 'just Friends' by indie22(f): 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2010
I have a couple of strictly platonic male friends, that I hang out with sometimes, although we are "just friends" I'm almost sure if given a wee opportunity, they won't hesitate to take thing up a notch,

You have to actually like someone for you to want to hang out with them, so the whole "just friends" thing, actually involves some self control and "played down" emotions
Re: 'just Friends' by Odunnu: 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
As a matter of fact,I have more male friends than females (I dont even have any female friend). Some of the guys everly would want to 'chop oga's food' and when I notice stuff like ths,I run. I for one would never date any guy my bf knows,I would (God help me) never date any guy who has introduced his gurl to me either.But all the same,I know guys who wont misbehave and keep friends as friends
Re: 'just Friends' by Yorisb: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
Odunnu:

As a matter of fact,I have more male friends than females (I dont even have any female friend). Some of the guys everly would want to 'chop oga's food' and when I notice stuff like ths,I run. I for one would never date any guy my bf knows,I would (God help me) never date any guy who has introduced his gurl to me either.But all the same,I know guys who wont misbehave and keep friends as friends

In other words, you'd knowingly cheat on ur BF lipsrsealed
Re: 'just Friends' by Odunnu: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
Is that what the bolded part suggests?
My Bf and I dont stay in the same town but call him up at random hours and he'l tel you exactly where i am or what i'm doing. We communicate a lot(without us,Globacom/MTN would have folded up).So,when a guy shows a rather keen interest in me,I tel my bf. Its a measure I use.I dnt hide stuff frm him (he actually knows you are a pest)
Re: 'just Friends' by star4(f): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2010
I get on with men better than women its always been that way. So yes its possible, I have to find the guy attractive before I sleep with him, so I do have self control lol!  cool

However you can NEVER be just friends with someone you have slept with even just once cause there is always the, well we done it before we can do it again mentality.
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2010
star*:

I get on with men better than women its always been that way. So yes its possible, I have to find the guy attractive before I sleep with him, so I do have self control lol! cool

However you can NEVER be just friends with someone you have slept with even just once cause there is always the, well we done it before we can do it again mentality.

I disagree. I'm friends with ma ex's and i certainly don't have such mentality
Re: 'just Friends' by star4(f): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
jay bee:

I disagree. I'm friends with ma ex's and i certainly don't have such mentality

well I think you are an exception to the rule, I think there is a level of respect needed, my exes don't have the capacity to accept 'just friends'
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2010
^^^
I think what you are looking for is having an amicable break-up.
If this is the case then both individuals usually become friends (not close though as in contacting each other every other day kinda thing).

I see an ex of mine almost every day as we work around the same area. I even buy her breakfast sometimes and we've both been in uncompromising situation few times before she got engaged but i always looked at the bigger picture at the time. I knew what she wanted which was all or nothing so i didn't bother letting ma manliness do the thinking.
Sometimes it's just better to be friends and remain friends than allowing the few minutes tempt one to making irrational decisions
Re: 'just Friends' by Madukaele(m): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2010
[size=18pt]chi babe my first love.[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed i missed u
Re: 'just Friends' by star4(f): 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2010
again Jay bee! You are an exception, either that or you are lying grin tongue
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2010
hmmmmm trust me it's not an exception. It's simply maturity
Lie on the internet who knows me
Re: 'just Friends' by Odunnu: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
I honestly would not trust myself in a room with my 'ex',even calling him an 'Ex' hurts. My bf knows ths as well and both of us are consciously working towards it never happening.
Re: 'just Friends' by iice(f): 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2010
Tough in some cases. . .but possible.  And i have loads of them.  I'm what you call a guy's girl. . .sometimes its as if they don't remember i'm female (the shiite i be hearing grin).  They do make the best of friends kiss kiss

star*:

However you can NEVER be just friends with someone you have slept with even just once cause there is always the,  well we done it before we can do it again mentality.
Story.  I'm still friends with all, well almost of them cheesy The 'well we've dont it before' is a lame excuse in my book and they are just that. . .excuses
Re: 'just Friends' by Odunnu: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2010
Too bad it aint dat way for me
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
iice:

Tough in some cases. . .but possible. And i have loads of them. I'm what you call a guy's girl. . .sometimes its as if they don't remember I'm female (the shiite i be hearing grin). They do make the best of friends kiss kiss
Story. I'm still friends with all, well almost of them cheesy The 'well we've dont it before' is a lame excuse in my book and they are just that. . .excuses
I ain't an exception afterall. We've done it before is just an excuse to tasting the forbidding fruit again.
If you know it's going to bring back memories and all the rubbish emotional garbage then be strong and say Bleep No to it.
It works for me.
Re: 'just Friends' by MrsEve1: 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2010
Well,

My husband doesn't want to be around any of my male friends and I don't care, I am not losing my good male friends because my husband got some MACHONESS he dealing with, SCREW THAT!

IF YOU HAVE GOOD MALE FRIENDS LADIES, HOLD ON TO THEM, THEY ARE VALUABLE TRUST ME!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Still Attracted To Him/her Like Before? / She Spent So Much On Him... So ****ing What? / What Does It Takes To Date An African/a Nigerian Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.