Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,365 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (50259 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2008
Watch Bini Movies on Youtube.com. Type Bini Movie on the search bar. Nice benin movies there.

Just watched AGBAWU, directed by Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen. Check it out.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by fyneboi(m): 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2008
Video of the 2008 EDO National Convention cultural dance in Denver, MA is posted below

http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=578756051161&oid=2211217058
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by chukwubele(f): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2008
Great Edo people, wa naigbia o. Anyone out there with any edo folk tales in his or her kitty would love to get some. Could you send it to my email isahedlene1@yahoo.com. Would be most grateful. Lets remember our folktales in them are our almost forgotten values. I am Benin proudly married to an estako man. Folk tales from all parts of edo state.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by DonEse125(f): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2008
Oba a to kpere! Ise!
Oba a to kpere! Ise!
Ukuakpolokpolo! Ise!
Avbo oviedo no r'evan,e tuo we. Vboyehhe? E setin gben edo kere. Wa do! Wa co! Wa domo! Co tevben.
My dad's from ikpoba hill & my mum's 4rm uselu,so i'm a bini through and through.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by emotional(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2008
Ivbie-edo ne seserese,ivbiedo ne uzomo,ivbiedo ne ugboriri,ivbiedo ne oyo,ivbie ekpenede wa gha yokpa u ogha khien eva,eva gha khien igbe ne no rowa ke no risi.Oba kha-to kpere Isee
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2009
Adam Oshiomhole has been an Edo state government for some time now, how would you rate his performance so far?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 23, 2009
I'm not from Edo State, I'm from Delta State.

But I've always felt a strong connection with Edo State, mostly due to the fact I spent most of my childhood in Benin City, and we once shared one thing in common - we were Bendelites.
cool
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:42am On Apr 23, 2009
Nice to see Siena showing more love for his Naija upbringing tongue
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 23, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Nice to see Siena showing more love for his Naija upbringing tongue

You dey find wahala, eh? grin cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2009
You know how I do wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ekpan: 5:38am On Aug 10, 2009
Benin too much no doubt, My Neighbor for warri was an Ishan man, the most humble guy ever,

Some of my main guys for warri na benin guys,

Even me wey be Urhobo mixed with Igbo dey hail Baffi nothing do una for sure

I no know why every naija forum na to hate on ethnicity, especially igbos, As a Waffarian whose mumsy hails from the east am like what da Bleep?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by hooged: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2009
@kojeiwa,adam is trying,but is not taking care of we corper serving in edo state here. Some state are payin 5k upward after passin out parade bt dis asshole is payin 1500k with a lot of stress b4 they even pay d money.bt hes tryin to beautify benin city.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by mailmalc(m): 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
hooged:

@kojeiwa,adam is trying,but is not taking care of we corper serving in edo state here. Some state are payin 5k upward after passin out parade bt dis asshole is payin 1500k with a lot of stress b4 they even pay d money.bt hes tryin to beautify benin city.
Okies, i'll pass the message across lol wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by tamme: 4:51am On Oct 09, 2009
cool
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by fyneboi(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
Do you understand Bini language every well? Challenge your self with this

What is TOMATOES called in Bini Language

What is WINDOW called in Bini Language

Can you recite the Lord's prayer in Bini Language
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ozymes: 2:09am On Oct 12, 2009
Ma peeps una dey here? no be small thing ooooooooooooooooooooo me na ATTE ooooooo for Akoko-Edo LGA,we are classified as AFEMAI speaking people, we speak mostly like our brothers in OKPELLA."agbero ooo"
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by chelseabmw(m): 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2009
my fellow brothers and sisters, i hail thee
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by snowdrops(m): 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2009
TOMATOES and WINDOW!
Fyneboi, why dont you tell us. wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by chelseabmw(m): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2009
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by rabzy: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2009
Hello guys,

Am from Igueben and my mom is from Ekpoma. In my mom's dialect

Pepper is Esin, i dont know if we have a different word for tomato.
Door is Ukhuede in Ekpoma and Ode in Benin/igueben. I cant remember the word for window
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by TinTin18(f): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2009
oba gha to kpere! ise!
im from benin city, grew up in Ibadan.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by oiseworld: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2010
Edo representing

esssssssssee
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by MeGaStReEt: 12:14am On Feb 06, 2010
my pipo una weldone oooo

i greet all of una

bha dooooo
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ogajim(m): 5:21am On Feb 07, 2010
you guys are funny!

eyes = elolo/elo right?
door= ekhu in Esan
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Ikhilor(m): 9:29am On Feb 08, 2010
Ivbiesan wadoo,Osanobua riefua O vhe bi ma khian lu revbe,ISEEEEE.
e gio tue vba revbe ni ma koko  n edo vbae. vba dooo

Meaning I greet  and pray God to bless all we do ,Iseeeee

I,m greeting all of you from Edo State. Haloo
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by aieromon(m): 12:25am On Feb 13, 2010
First time here
Am out tongue
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by MaiSuya(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2010
Edo ne vba rie wa ko yor!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by lbotus(f): 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
Ivbi e do,wa ko yo oo!!

Am Estako, am from fugar

Dad= Ivwia-doko
Mum=Ivwia-dachi

Estako wa mo ooo!!!!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2010
my brothers n sisters from edo,i hail una o!!!! mo kiyin o!!!!how una dey!!!!she wa pa!!!!! i be una cousin YORUBA cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoh25: 12:39am On Mar 18, 2010
Hi everybody over there am so sorry i cant speak.Am from EDOSTATE (iruekpen) but am base in NEW-YORK.
Am so happy to hear from my State people.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by mickey45: 4:28am On Apr 08, 2010
J
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by mickey45: 5:35am On Apr 11, 2010
Afemai ivhie, weweku re mi ga se yaan. Pls if u are from afemai, most especially okpekpe, imighiankebu, isukwi, imiegba , fugar etc. Drop your fone no.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sango Olukoso / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.