Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 (10289 Views)

Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by lonelydora: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2019
soberdrunk:
50k for traffic offence in a country with 30k Minimum wage..... angry

They don't think before they talk.
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by lonelydora: 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
seniormallam:
I don't like one sided commitment, for any traffic light that isn't working what is the punishment for FRSC?

In my baby's creche they told me that we would pay #500 once its past 6pm b4 coming to pick our baby........ I agreed, but told them I will also deduct #500 from their money once I get there 7am and they are not there either, they agreed.

That month, they got a balance of #4500 out of 10k..... They lost #5500 out of their smartness.

Sense will not kill you grin

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by HAH: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hope all know that FRSC have no right to operate on state roads

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by SOFTENGR: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
soberdrunk:
Two months wage for traffic violation grin grin
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by ceejay80s(m): 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
If dem try am for me , I go just pour petrol for my body and spark matches box, then riot will start
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by ronyman(m): 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Be ready to die then
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by lavenjcrown(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
Please next time any government agencies would want to hold a conference meeting like this, they should always try to invite any nongovernmental agent , like inviting three to five people randomly on the street to come have their own say. Not in this kind of country where things are not in proper order such fine would work. Because most of the trafficking lights are not in good condition.
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by Edoziesmart(m): 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
But wait oo! Is all this bills here and there part of the vision 2020 they promised us 10 years ago? I don't really understand the government again.
Misplace priority everywhere
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by VanSARS: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
joshcaleb200:
The Corps Marshal of Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has said that traffic light violations by motorists will attract a fine of N50,000 beginning from next year, lamenting that the offence was taking a worrisome dimension.

Dr. Oyeyemi, who disclosed this while speaking at the first ‘ember month stakeholders forum’ organised by the FRSC in collaboration with the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, in Abuja, said he had proposed to the Joint Tax Board that the traffic light violation fine should be increased from N4,000 to N50,000 to deter erring motorists.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

The Corps Marshal vowed that his men would continue to arrest and sanction motorists using phones while driving.

He explained that drivers were free to use google map but said the phone should be placed on the dashboard with both hands on the steering wheel.

According to him, “You can’t hold the phone with one hand and drive with the other while using google map. That is distracted driving and the law is clear on that. When you stop people for traffic violations, their lawyers would write to you and threaten to sue.

“FRSC has 120 lawyers and I would recruit more next year; The level of violent reactions in this country is alarming.”

“We have noticed the rising incidents of traffic light violations and so, we are going to increase the minimum fine to N50,000 from N4,000. Offenders would also undergo an emotional psychological test at the hospital to determine if you are fit to drive.”

Oyeyemi, condemned in strong term a situation where people would veer their anger on officers of the FRSC and personnel of other paramilitary agencies and violently attacked them.

In his remarks, Chief Executive Officer, FCCPC, Babatunde Irukera, said his agency would ensure that fleet owners in the country took passenger insurance to better protect their customers during trips.

Irukera also revealed that the commission would also roll out a policy on ageing vehicles owned by fleet firms, noting that” prioritising protection of people will not be negotiated.”

According to him, “We succeeded in putting outpatients bill of rights last year; we will insist that the vehicles be in good condition and operate in a good and safe manner”.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1282305-frsc-traffic-light-violators-pay-n50-000-fine-2020.html
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by dallyemmy: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Government vehicles go pay N500'000.00
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by Draught: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
Honestly this is a right move in the right direction..

My only question is that why are politicians, taxis, keke and some other miscellaneous Gorv officials with their patrol discriminated from this rule?

It's more or less the Nigerian that has a valid driving license that...

If its any security service, I understand but not the rest..

I saw in a Cardi B or Shey na candle bee thread (according to someone �) that we've been relegated to 5th world status...

So In all honesty peeps, in Naija be smart but overall render respect, cos Nigerians love respect more than money!..
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by DebrahDivah(f): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Pfft! all na wash
Is it not this our Nigeria
Local Man will see the outcome.
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by Voltz1987: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
Ko le work.... How much is minimum wage that u want human being for 9ja to pay 50k
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Just make it N100,000, we Nigerians are too poor to pay N50,000.
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by dochenaj: 9:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
I totally support this, they should even increase it to #200,000.

Nigerians are wont to be very undisciplined. The only people who are authorized to run a red light, are emergency response vehicles vis-à-vis fire truck responding to a fire, ambulance with a critical patient or fetching a medical personnel for a critical patient, police responding to a crime (not just regular patrol) maybe a couple more I can't remember, excepting these everyone should obey the traffic light even if it is 1 am.

Until we can be disciplined to do what is right, this country will remain in this mess irrespective of the people ruling. On a second thought, ain't we a reflection of the leaders we get, rigging or not?
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by gudugudumeje: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
So FRSC and Boboye Oyeyemi do not know that they no more have powers to fine and take themselves to be both accuser and judge in road traffic matters going by the latest Federal High court pronoucement in Lagos. Poor FRSC.
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by waveskaaya(m): 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
Where the light dey?
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by vineyardfarms: 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2019
NIGERIA HAS BECOME LIKE A NURSERY SCHOOL / DAY CARE CENTER FILLED WITH NOISY ATMOSPHER RUN BY DESPIRATE POWER DRUNK - DEMONS FROM THE PIT OF HELL. HOW CAN RED LIGHT OFFENSE COST N50K, NID CARD N5K RENEWAL, FIRS TO CHARGE BANK DEPOSIT, SOME WANT FREEDOM OF SPEECH GAGED AND VIOLATORS HANGED. SOME WANT TO RUN THE COUNTRY LIKE CHINA. FORGETTING CHINA HAS GOOD NET WORK ROADS, POWER. HOUSING, EDUCATION, WATER. ETC . EVERY BODY WANTS TO BE RELEVANT. FRCC ARE PAID TAX COLLECTORS IN OUR HIGHWAYS. ANOTHER WORD FOR EMPLOYED ARMED ROBBERS.
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by midolian(m): 2:53am On Dec 08, 2019
seniormallam:
I don't like one sided commitment, for any traffic light that isn't working what is the punishment for FRSC?

In my baby's creche they told me that we would pay #500 once its past 6pm b4 coming to pick our baby........ I agreed, but told them I will also deduct #500 from their money once I get there 7am and they are not there either, they agreed.

That month, they got a balance of #4500 out of 10k..... They lost #5500 out of their smartness.
I hope the innocent baby will not suffer in their hands for your "smartnesss"
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by lormarx: 6:21am On Dec 08, 2019
joshcaleb200:
The Corps Marshal of Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has said that traffic light violations by motorists will attract a fine of N50,000 beginning from next year, lamenting that the offence was taking a worrisome dimension.

Dr. Oyeyemi, who disclosed this while speaking at the first ‘ember month stakeholders forum’ organised by the FRSC in collaboration with the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, in Abuja, said he had proposed to the Joint Tax Board that the traffic light violation fine should be increased from N4,000 to N50,000 to deter erring motorists.

The Corps Marshal vowed that his men would continue to arrest and sanction motorists using phones while driving.

He explained that drivers were free to use google map but said the phone should be placed on the dashboard with both hands on the steering wheel.

According to him, “You can’t hold the phone with one hand and drive with the other while using google map. That is distracted driving and the law is clear on that. When you stop people for traffic violations, their lawyers would write to you and threaten to sue.

“FRSC has 120 lawyers and I would recruit more next year; The level of violent reactions in this country is alarming.”

“We have noticed the rising incidents of traffic light violations and so, we are going to increase the minimum fine to N50,000 from N4,000. Offenders would also undergo an emotional psychological test at the hospital to determine if you are fit to drive.”

Oyeyemi, condemned in strong term a situation where people would veer their anger on officers of the FRSC and personnel of other paramilitary agencies and violently attacked them.

In his remarks, Chief Executive Officer, FCCPC, Babatunde Irukera, said his agency would ensure that fleet owners in the country took passenger insurance to better protect their customers during trips.

Irukera also revealed that the commission would also roll out a policy on ageing vehicles owned by fleet firms, noting that” prioritising protection of people will not be negotiated.”

According to him, “We succeeded in putting outpatients bill of rights last year; we will insist that the vehicles be in good condition and operate in a good and safe manner”.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1282305-frsc-traffic-light-violators-pay-n50-000-fine-2020.html
dont know the exact duty of this group, Nigerians are shouting about our death trap roads and this body is talking about traffic light offenders,driving with Google Map, sit belt etc, shame on you.
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by COMPAQ(m): 8:34am On Dec 08, 2019
soberdrunk:

Well, logic is if you own a car you are likely not operating at minimum wage
Re: FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 by bnmbam21: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
The fine for traffic light violation is really too much, I urge FRSC to reduce it to N10, 000 only

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of The Uk Universities Is The Cheapest For Masters Degree / Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself / South Africa Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.