Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others (59167 Views)

A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 5:52am On Dec 10, 2019
JJOF:

There are many areas Nigeria can develop in. Technology improvement is a step by step thing. Nigeria right now can not maintain a nuclear plant, we are too corrupt for that. There are other less dangerous forms of power generation. Abi u want make nuclear power station explosion, or nuclear waste exposal begin kill living things for Naija?

wait wait....let me understand something....
you mean only nigeria or all black nations....??

be careful now what you say....
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 5:56am On Dec 10, 2019
Reference:

Oga, it was human error that led to the Chernobyl incident. Stop the argument. The shut down drill had been practiced many times previously with no problems.

Yes, the plant was not up to western standards but it worked well for many years. All industrial processes have their risks.

I will tell you this categorically. There are currently over 400 nuclear power plants operating in the world and over 600 have been built all time. Out of this only three have had a major incident and only 1 led to significant loss of life.

Compare that to the number of lives lost in refinery fires, coal mining tragedies, pipeline and rig explosions, it is insignificant. Outside renewables nuclear power is by far the safest means of power generation and by far the best means to protect the environment.

But just like air travel nuclear tragedies make for very bad press and rhe scaremongering surrounding it. The major fear of the west is not safety but the ethics behind the storage or disposal of spent fuel but with Elon Musk's heavy lifting space ships coming on line the costs of space disposal will come within economic reach.

There is also safe fission technology coming on line that doesn't require fuel enrichment, runaway reactions and produces far less toxic waste . The science is hard but breakthroughs will be seen in a decade or so. Oil will definitely die long term. We better get thinking.

don min dem....they wan lag behind in a rapidly advancin world....

i mean,how silly can somebody be....
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 5:58am On Dec 10, 2019
Blyzz:
I hope you live in Nigeria, otherwise your response won't make my day tonight. Is there any reliable waste management in Nigeria? Can they do their job very well? I live in Delta State, people finds it difficult to pay for their disposal because of unemployment, how well can this waste be managed even if Russia are to maintain it and do the waste themselves. Kindly don't look it from one angle. It a good development, but the risk is very high and deadly. Any terrorist group who wish to put the country on tention would just use the nuclear power plant as their experiment of evil.

international companies i meant....
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 5:59am On Dec 10, 2019
Blyzz:
but I'm not a wrong person, please use the right word next time. Oxford dictionary has different words which you can use in place of calling one a wrong person sad

dont be so fvckin uptight....
you know what i meant....
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by luluosas(m): 7:37am On Dec 10, 2019
We have abundant sun rays in the north. Nigeria should rather focus on developing Solar powered power stations instead of this highly scientific approach that is disastrous, dangerous and expensive. Nuclear power is no longer selling in the world over, Nigeria should therefore avoid wasting our resources on such misadventures

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Mycoin(m): 7:39am On Dec 10, 2019
This is a disaster
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by MrSquint: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2019
Pls we should consider building more dams, let's exhaust our hydroelectricity and Solar options first. We can't handle nuclear crisis in this country yet Ooh.

We never settle normal security challenges, we want to start thinking about nuclear security ?

Nigeria never reach that level Ooh. Pls let's concentrate on building dams, roads, bridges, hospitals, railways, install CCTVs along highways and streets and pls forget about nuclear reactors for now Ooh.

If they insist on executing that project, the first reactor should be located somewhere in Aso rock, or national assembly, steady power supply is needed the most in these places.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by JJOF(m): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2019
obidark:

What's up with your obsession with this "Black" of a thing self? Ahn ahn. Is that not a sign of low self esteem, always comparing yourself with people who don't give a Bleep? Guy Nigeria as a country is filled with imcomopetent leaders. Persons who can't manage roads, hydro electric power, some vital govt establishments, etc, na Nuclear power plant dem go fit maintain? Nonsense. Bro, this has nothing to do with race, but incompetence. Infact e sure me die say you no dey stay for Naija, that's why you dey fit use your finger type all this "black this black that" nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by JJOF(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2019
obidark:

You didn't even read my comment, but rushed to reply. Be asking me JAMB question.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2019
JJOF:

You didn't even read my comment, but rushed to reply. Be asking me JAMB question.

i know what you meant....dont play smart with me now....

you meant all black people in general....
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 11:16am On Dec 10, 2019
JJOF:

What's up with your obsession with this "Black" of a thing self? Ahn ahn. Is that not a sign of low self esteem, always comparing yourself with people who don't give a Bleep? Guy Nigeria as a country is filled with imcomopetent leaders. Persons who can't manage roads, hydro electric power, some vital govt establishments, etc, na Nuclear power plant dem go fit maintain? Nonsense. Bro, this has nothing to do with race, but incompetence. Infact e sure me die say you no dey stay for Naija, that's why you dey fit use your finger type all this "black this black that" nonsense.

look....
am sayin nigeria should build it,you say no....

now,who has low self esteem between both of us....??
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by omohayek: 11:31am On Dec 10, 2019
Gerrard59:

Yes, Nigerians don't have the technical expertise to manage a nuclear facility, it doesn't mean someone else can't do it. Let the French or Germans manage it for say 50 years and later hand them over after transfer of technical know-how.
If you really believe the above has any chance whatsoever of happening in the real world, you're incredibly naive. Is a willingness to lean on foreign expertise why Nigeria has refused to privatize or even concession any of its failing, horribly mismanaged sea and airports? Is that why it clings to outmoded white elephant projects like Ajaokuta? Is that why it appoints incompetent hacks as heads of even the most important parastatals and ministries? In what sphere of Nigerian political or economic life has any such openness to foreign experts been displayed so far?

Let's face facts: Nigerian culture is a rent-seeking one, where appointments aren't viewed as opportunities for public service but as potentially "juicy" based on the scale of opportunity they provide to "chop" while inviting one's "kinsmen" to "come and up" as well; that is why nothing functions in this country for long no matter how shiny and impressive it looks when it's first handed over at its completion by foreign contractors. The very first thing that will happen if Nigeria ever builds a nuclear plant is that some well-connected but pig-ignorant "Alhaji so and so" or "Chief such and such" will be appointed its head, at which point the staffing will rapidly be flooded with incompetent bootlickers, relatives and "kinsmen", most of whom will ignore the roles they're in any case unqualified for in favor of chronic absenteeism, theft and bribe-seeking. Can you see such a gaggle of clowns being in charge of such dangerous substances as Uranium 238, Plutonium and Thorium? We are talking about a nation of such entrenched incompetence that simply paving a road through a city centre is seen as praiseworthy enough to garner first-page on its most important online forum!

To speak of "Nigeria" and "nuclear power" in the same sentence is simply madness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by wayodude(m): 11:41am On Dec 10, 2019
Nigeria as a country and her peoples are technically and organizationally no where near the capability required to run a nuclear power plant.

I worked as a nuclear engineer for 6 yrs of my career.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Ajibade123(m): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
This our country sha.... another way to embezzle money

anyway see tips to overcome entrepreneurship stress in business https://explicitsuccess.com/dealing-with-entrepreneurial-stress/
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
obidark:

dont be so fvckin uptight....
you know what i meant....
Alright, thank you grin
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
yinkajewole:
This is a risky and dangerous venture

Who be risky?

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Bahddo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
omohayek:

If you really believe the above has any chance whatsoever of happening in the real world, you're incredibly naive. Is a willingness to lean on foreign expertise why Nigeria has refused to privatize or even concession any of its failing, horribly mismanaged sea and airports? Is that why it clings to outmoded white elephant projects like Ajaokuta? Is that why it appoints incompetent hacks as heads of even the most important parastatals and ministries? In what sphere of Nigerian political or economic life has any such openness to foreign experts been displayed so far?

Let's face facts: Nigerian culture is a rent-seeking one, where appointments aren't viewed as opportunities for public service but as potentially "juicy" based on the scale of opportunity they provide to "chop" while inviting one's "kinsmen" to "come and up" as well; that is why nothing functions in this country for long no matter how shiny and impressive it looks when it's first handed over at its completion by foreign contractors. The very first thing that will happen if Nigeria ever builds a nuclear plant is that some well-connected but pig-ignorant "Alhaji so and so" or "Chief such and such" will be appointed its head, at which point the staffing will rapidly be flooded with incompetent bootlickers, relatives and "kinsmen", most of whom will ignore the roles they're in any case unqualified for in favor of chronic absenteeism, theft and bribe-seeking. Can you see such a gaggle of clowns being in charge of such dangerous substances as Uranium 238, Plutonium and Thorium? We are talking about a nation of such entrenched incompetence that simply paving a road through a city centre is seen as praiseworthy enough to garner first-page on its most important online forum!

To speak of "Nigeria" and "nuclear power" in the same sentence is simply madness.
thank you!
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2019
Countries currently building their nuclear plants

Buhari should site one in the core Northern

Why are both of them close to the South East?

All the healthy projects are in Buhari's home town.

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by pat077: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2019
ShattaBandles:

Nuclear radiation not bomb

Nuclear radiation is deadly
are you saying there is nothing like nuclear bomb?
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by tck2000(m): 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2019
planetx:
Solar energy can never supply enough electricity for Nigerias massive population, neither building new hydro power plants. It is either nuclear or keep relying on generators.
Apt
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by ShattaBandles: 6:01am On Jan 05, 2020
pat077:
are you saying there is nothing like nuclear bomb?

Bombs are built, Nigeria is not planning to build nuclear bomb

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Wike Views Port-Harcourt City From A Helicopter (Photos) / #endsars: Lagos Demolishes Community Whose Residents Saw Lekki Tollgate Shooting / Fayose To Bride: My Son Won’t Cheat On You, You Have Flat Stomach, White Teeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.