Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others (59111 Views)

Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors / Ngige: Rising Unemployment Can Wipe Out Nigeria, Elite Unsafe / A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Azmanaty:

The ones Russians and Ukrainians managed, was there not a major disaster there??

As for being deaf, I read with my eyes and not with me ears; Ode undecided

the security measures is much safer now than back then....
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Bahddo(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nigeria is not ready for nuclear energy. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Supersymetry: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
obidark:

it was a tzunami.....

hellllllooooooo....!!

and so what....??
i dont believe nigeria could handle a earthquake,so what....??

because una dont have self confidence doesnt mean all other blacks must think the same like you too....

you want to stay behind and play with solar,then fine....

but stop trying to put down all black people....

So Russian built and maintained nuclear power plant makes you technological andvanced country, you must be kidding. When you cannot even build a super computers capable of petaflop not to talk of exascale or particle physics research centre not even Biological nuclear magnetic resonance for biological sample analysis,finish the steel industry before i take you serious
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Southsoul: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
North building secret weapons against Nigerians should they talk too much about breaking this country the reason why they never sited it anywhere near north nor was there due consultation before bringing death to us fear north
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by tosinet(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Reference:

Solar can actually. A space just 900 hectres can match the total capacity of all our present plants combined if filled with PV panels. Just 25 percent of the Sahara desert can supply the power required on earth.

I am all for renewables. The problem with solar is the 14 hours of sub-optimal sunlight. Storage is prohibitively expensive so nuclear can bridge the gap at night and relax during the day.

Solar Energy and Wind/water turbines can be incorporated to reduce expenses on storage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Supersymetry:

So Russian built and maintained nuclear power plant makes you technological andvanced country, you must be kidding. When you cannot even build a super computers capable of petaflop not to talk of exascale or particle physics research centre not even Biological nuclear magnetic resonance for biological sample analysis,finish the steel industry before i take you serious

hahahaha....
you know all this words and you still have no confidence in yourself....??
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bahddo:
Nigeria is not ready for nuclear energy. A word is enough for the wise.

then when are you ready....??
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
oo no....

my headache is returnin....
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Orpe7(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
The only reason why they are scared is the poor maintenance culture we have
Aint nobody wants a melt down radioactive shit
Before they start giving birth to kids with 20 toes

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by EazyMoh(m): 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
Azmanaty:

Oga, human error caused Chernobyl disaster and the Nigerians that I know can make those kinds of error a million times over. Ordinary office maintenance, Nigerians cannot.. Go to Govt establishments and see for urself.. U want to manage nuclear facility undecided
Who told you it is those incompetent people that would oversea the operations? The plants are gonna be run by Russian scientists just the way FPSOs are run by experts.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Supersymetry: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
obidark:

hahahaha....
you know all this words and you still have no confidence in yourself....??
You need to increase your knowledge to understand, technological advancements is when a country have people ( human resources) that is technically advanced with infrastructure to support it not by borrowing the above. So they should focus more on educating the people on the technology you want to advance eg a nuclear technology will start by educating selected and intelligent group of people and giving them resources needed and then starting from experimental nuclear reactors etc don't have time to explain everything.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by chewwie(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
slimfit1:

Solar energy bro start from there.
Not feasible, can't sustain 200 million people
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by chewwie(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
The same Russia that caused the did Nuclear Reactor control rods with graphite instead of boron and ended up causing hundreds of thousands of deaths? No, thank you. I prefer my one day on, one day off light
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
Supersymetry:

You need to increase your knowledge to understand, technological advancements is when a country have people ( human resources) that is technically advanced with infrastructure to support it not by borrowing the above. So they should focus more on educating the people on the technology you want to advance eg a nuclear technology will start by educating selected and intelligent group of people and giving them resources needed and then starting from experimental nuclear reactors etc don't have time to explain everything.

but we have you that has so much knowledge in such thing....

you should be positionin yourself to take care of the plant....!!
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by chewwie(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
obidark:

the security measures is much safer now than back then....
It wasn't lack of security, they were cutting costs.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by chewwie(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
Reference:

Those types of reactors are no longer in operation. Those were 40's and 50's type designs which require multiple layers of cooling and few redundancies. Modern reactors don't have such issues. Moreover the problems of Fukushima related to the location (close to the ocean) and technical failures in the design of back-up power systems which were placed below sea level.

Chernobyl didn't happen in the 40s and 50s. The Chernobyl was caused by corruption. The reaction in the nuclear reactor is stopped by dropping control rods into the reactor. Control rods are made with boron, which acts to stop the reaction, Russia made their control rods with graphite which acted as a positive catalyst that caused the explosion.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by slimfit1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
chewwie:

Not feasible, can't sustain 200 million people
The whole of north 60% of the land is useless they have sun 12 hours of the day. The technology have improved dramatically don't look down on it even if they can power schools and street lights it is better and never a waste.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by chewwie(m): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
Dmony:
After reading most of the comments here, i have come to realize that most people who comment on Nairaland don't do their findings about about topics being thrown to the floor ''except few'' The first thing to be done i believe, was to check the importance of Nuclear Power Plants and Reactors, How many developed countries make use of it and how effective it as been to the usefulness of Mankind.
We complain about darkness yet refused to make findings how other developed countries with equivalent number of population was able to rid themselves of endemic called darkness.
South Africa enjoys uninterrupted power supply in which nuclear power plant contribute 5% to her electricity supply.
People complain about the potential hazard it pose to our existence, if that was the case then we should forbid the use of Vehicles and other machinery since they all pose potential threat to life.
Please lets appreciate something for ones after all the president can not make use of it alone
South Africa doesn't enjoy uninterrupted power supply

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by SyrusdeHansome(m): 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
helinues:

And you have comprehensive problems?
I see

Ikombakara idad
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by chewwie(m): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
Can't wait for this to come to fruition and then watch extremely foolish people go and vandalise the power plant. :-!
On a more serious note, I have nothing against nuclear energy, it's the cleanest form of energy. But do we really need Russia doing it? Why not partner with a proper democracy like the USA? Moscow caused Chernobyl, remember
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
chewwie:

South Africa doesn't enjoy uninterrupted power supply
the electricity from the nuclear power station is uninterrupted
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Bahddo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
obidark:

then when are you ready....??
when we have a better maintenance culture and ditch our "I don't care" attitude towards public/government stuff. Isn't it the same Nigerians that would re-litter ordinary gutters that have just been cleaned up? The same Nigeria that is taking several years to issue a simple ID card? The same Nigeria where infrastructure meant for the public are easily vandalized overnight without anyone being caught?

Nuclear energy is not something you play with, the way we do with our current power generation stations and say power grid collapsed.

3 Likes

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bahddo:
when we have a better maintenance culture and ditch our "I don't care" attitude towards public/government stuff. Isn't it the same Nigerians that would re-litter ordinary gutters that have just been cleaned up? The same Nigeria that is taking several years to issue a simple ID card? The same Nigeria where infrastructure meant for the public are easily vandalized overnight without anyone being caught?

Nuclear energy is not something you play with, the way we do with our current power generation stations and say power grid collapsed.

and how long do you still need....??

when you think solar can give enough power for 200million people,then you dont know much....

una want ghana,benin,uganda,rwanda to bypass us....??

they are already draggin matters with us now already....!!
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Nowenuse: 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Mrexcell:

This is what you get when you elect a terrorist as ur president they have finally found official way to wipe out the entire population of southern and middle belt Nigeria.

I swear bro, why don't they take this madness to Katsina state?
Hmm, thank God we got to hear of this oo.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by GindoX(m): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
NonnyDot:
Abeg who finished reading that post?

Nigeria is simply naked and can wear a cloth. Pls let's concentrate of those that can't wipe the nation in a minute, cos I no trust our polithiefician

Lols... I read am reach half. Scrolled twice and see the remain one. I just zoom of to comments.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
why are you guys scared it Russia engineer that we be talking care of it not nigerians, that nuclear plant can power the nation so i think nuclear is the way too go.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by DrMuzungu(m): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
No sane country in the world will sell NUCLEAR REACTORS to a country where fine boys from the north are brandishing their guns and blowing things up every day.
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
chewwie:
Can't wait for this to come to fruition and then watch extremely foolish people go and vandalise the power plant. :-!
On a more serious note, I have nothing against nuclear energy, it's the cleanest form of energy. But do we really need Russia doing it? Why not partner with a proper democracy like the USA? Moscow caused Chernobyl, remember
Russia are even more better than US it comes too nuclear tech so no big deal this is a nation that have hundreds of nuclear war head even more than the united states
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by Bahddo(m): 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
obidark:

and how long do you still need....??

when you think solar can give enough power for 200million people,then you dont know much....

una want ghana,benin,uganda,rwanda to bypass us....??
if those other countries have less ignorant citizens and a better maintenance culture, they deserve to overtake us, if they haven't already.

Nigeria is not ready for nuclear energy. Yes, it's a powerful source of energy, but the fire that can roast your yam can burn your hand.

You have to face the truth at some point and ditch the wishful thinking. We have not been able to properly maintain any public infrastructure in this country and we are mostly careless, expecting God to miraculously prevent/fix man-made disasters.

Quick question: if some extremist group wants to sabotage a nuclear reactor to cause an explosion, how does obidark plan to prevent that?
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by obidark: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bahddo:
if those other countries have less ignorant citizens and a better maintenance culture, they deserve to overtake us, if they haven't already.

Nigeria is not ready for nuclear energy. Yes, it's a powerful source of energy, but the fire that can roast your yam can burn your hand.

You have to face the truth at some point and ditch the wishful thinking. We have not been able to properly maintain any public infrastructure in this country and we are mostly careless, expecting God to miraculously prevent/fix man-made disasters.

Quick question: if some extremist group wants to sabotage a nuclear reactor to cause an explosion, how does obidark plan to prevent that?

and you think goverment will let that kind of facility unguarded....??

you think you can go anywhere near a nuclear plant in europe....??
Re: Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others by YelloweWest: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
With the vast amount of land lyimg waste in the north, why can't the nuclear plants be sited there? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

National Grid Collapse: Pictures Of The Sabotaged Transmission Tower. / EndSARS: Police Arrests 229 Arsonists, Hoodlums In Lagos / Police Kill 4 Wounded IPOB Gunmen Receiving Treatment In Rivers, Recover Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.