Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? (44320 Views)

Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues DSS And Malami / Police DPO And Army Captain Snatch Election Materials In Rivers State - INEC / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by tck2000(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
agbangam:

Oga boys no send DSS in fact boys go challenge DSS for street but when boys see Army boys go Japa. Only one Army man on Uniform go clear street. Who gives a fvck about intellect or tactics for street undecided
Lol
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by noisy45(m): 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
EricBraven:

if the DSS is trained to take bullet for the president and other high profile citizens who then do the army takes bullet for?
Army also repel attacks that are stronger than that of the DSS,DSS might have to repel attacks that has 30-70 people with ak47 and probably an RPG but the army have to repel attacks that comes in it hundreds from different weapons and still have to guard the trench so that the enemy wouldn't infiltrate and steal or destroy their weapons

Just go and watch the video of APC presidential campaign 2019 in Ogun state see the response of the DSS men when the audiences started throwing objects to the president sitted at the podium if they the audience there had continued they will open fire there and kill everybody and nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Oyerinde16(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
People are supposed to fear the DSS more than the Army, however the army are ore matured in handling cases, the DSS are making a mockery of themselves...

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
noisy45:

Just go and watch the video of APC presidential campaign 2019 in Ogun state see the response of the DSS men when the audiences started throwing objects to the president sitted at the podium if they the audience there had continued they will open fire there and kill everybody and nothing will happen.
I only asked a question which you haven't given me the answer
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by ojexin(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
North East will simply solve this,carry both DSS and ARMY to NE, n begin ur comparism there. I rest my case
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by juman(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
Atouba:
This topic should d be about which is more useless....cos they are both unprofessional
Gbam
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by udemzyudex(m): 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Useless topic. Useless thread.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by bahdpersona(m): 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
The DSS is a paramilitary group
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by GoodFaith: 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Who commands more fear between the Nigerian Army and the Department of State Services (DSS) ?
The Nigeria Army should have no dealing with Nigeria citizens
They are responsible for protecting Nigerian against other countries (foreign threat )
Nigeria Army are use in domestic issues--It should be NO< NO
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by iberu001(m): 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

NIA, is foreign intelligence, like CIA....what is he doing providing security for the VP, seems your bros career is going down the drain...

Let me tell u what u don't knw, 3 NIA are always attached to the VP security teams while the 5 are attached to President security teams. Do you think it's only SS that are attached to US president teams, CIA is also among the US president security teams
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by iberu001(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
EricBraven:

OK ooo 5 guns or not nah 1 bullet from ak47 dey kill person
moreover it's not the duty of the NIA to be part of the security details of the VP,so how come

Who says NIA isn't suppose to be among the security details, is there such in the constitution.My bro I'm telling u what I knw .
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by iberu001(m): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
noisy45:

He no go pass Berretta pistols that jams easily thats why he had 5 of it on him each holding 12 rounds. grin

So u think it's berratta pistols dey use, my bro maybe u should go there office then ask for their armoury to see the types of weapons dey use.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by iberu001(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
noisy45:

Because DSS carry tavor 21 rifles and some yeye Berretta pistols and mini uzis u think they are stronger than army

I didn't say DSS is better than Army pls don't misquote me bro.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tomide007: 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
Depressed101:
. Bros dss engages in deadly shoot outz o, at night, but you just don't know they are the ones who did it. Because it won't make fp, even if it did, you won't know they are the one, undercover dss has Been used for assassinations, countless of times.. However you cannot compare them with NA

They are just tactical security service, this is not an argument na.. If you meet dss for road sef, you won't know they are capable of handling gun, those people get clean light arms sha.. A clean glock for all there service men, including women, i think its the only Service that allows women to handle gun.
Force then service then commission, corp is the list........the top intelligence agency in the country still remains the Defence intelligence agency then Directorate of military intelligence but we don't hear noise from this guys... DSS needs to chill. ..that's how they invaded the national assembly last time.....every military and paramilitary agency like the DSS that the Office of the National security adviser has cleared can bear arms....they need to chill...I think the problem is that they work with politicians while other top security parastatals dont...... There budget is the lowest among other intelligence agencies, I think they want to prove their worth.

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tomide007: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
iberu001:

Who says NIA isn't suppose to be among the security details, is there such in the constitution.My bro I'm telling u what I knw .
NIA does not have a jurisdiction on Nigeria soil.....for example, CIA does not operate on American soil. However, its true that they are always with the president to identity foreign treat.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tomide007: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
noisy45:

True talk. And the army will do what if they were there......the army is the last line of defence for the president... That's why we have the Guards Brigade. they come in when the problem is beyond DSS.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tomide007: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
hunter21:
Education in this country is very poor,
I have not read read a single meaningfull comment
How can somebody be comparing the FBI to the US Army
Lol...that compasism doesn't even explain things better.... FBI is federal police. How can someone be comparing secret service to US Army
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Correcto: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
[You are so funny. The strength of country is it Army not DSS quote author=AntiWailer post=84757499]DSS.

They are more equipped.

They can arrest Army officers but an army officer cant arrest DSS officer.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tomide007: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
Army is feared more by streets touts while dss & efcc (both police) are the nightmare of online criminals.

Sadly, some touts are online criminals as well. I have one of that combination on my trail at the moment. cheesy
Dont insult police.....Police is higher than the DSS ....the last DSS DG that osinbanjo sacked....the acting president then ordered the Nigerian police force to arrest and investigate the then DG DSS.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
expert234:
Typical question from resident of a third world country with mental slavery and stupidity.

Is the DSS or Army supposed to instill fear or give people a sense of peace and security, as well as, an assurance of safety?

That same fear they instill has reduced your court of law to nothing.

Bunch of dumb black brain fools that take joy in celebrating Mediocrity.

I won't be surprised if the OP is a university graduate. He went to school, but still remains mentally unliberated. What a life!
EXACTLY

OP IS A TYPICAL MOFO grin
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by shegzhkn: 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
expert234:
Typical question from resident of a third world country with mental slavery and stupidity.

Is the DSS or Army supposed to instill fear or give people a sense of peace and security, as well as, an assurance of safety?

I won't be surprised if the OP is a university graduate. He went to school, but still remains mentally unliberated. What a life!

may the awesome God we serve in the blue states bless you abundantly.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Shugavee(f): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
AntiWailer:
DSS.

They are more equipped.

They can arrest Army officers but an army officer cant arrest DSS officer.
how lol,, an army man can kill a DSS man n nothing go happen
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by iberu001(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Tomide007:

NIA does not have a jurisdiction on Nigeria soil.....for example, CIA does not operate on American soil. However, its true that they are always with the president to identity foreign treat.

Thanks for saying it's true they are always with the president to identify foreign threat. That's the work they do.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Shugavee(f): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
expert234:

this is Nigeria !!
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tomide007: 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
AntiWailer:
DSS.

They are more equipped.

They can arrest Army officers but an army officer cant arrest DSS officer.
Ayii.....Let them start by arresting a police man.....an organisation does not even have a main say in the security of Nigeria....
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by olajyde60(m): 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Like destalker, The comedian would say, I fear Army uniform wey dem hang pass dss officer wey carry gun
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

lol...DSS civilian ke...If soldier go DSS training make I hear say he no confirm.....A DSS that is trained to take a bullet whereas army is taught to return fire...Except recent recruitments into the service, in terms of intellects and tactics, you shud compare the DSS to NIA or EFCC and not NA

Oga... They have lost it... with what ever training you say they have gotten no wonder someone called them wild dogs. Award winning *CONAN*... is more trained and respected than them.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by nogragra: 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I hope this your gragra won't send you to yonder

Na you and your people e go send go yonder, omo iran awon werey.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by akinwale701(m): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
Army is feared more by streets touts while dss & efcc (both police) are the nightmare of online criminals.

Sadly, some touts are online criminals as well. I have one of that combination on my trail at the moment. cheesy

It is "louts" not "touts".
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Shugavee(f): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
ugom123:

I have never thought of relocating completely from this country after reading the comments and topic of the thread. You and one other are the only comments I see that made sense. Eya, Nigeria is gone for good. The citizens have accepted intimidation as a way of life just the way they have accepted poor governance as a way of life.

Eya, what a wasted country. U can imagine someone asking who commands fear pass? It is crazy! How can ur own institutions u pay with ur sweat command your fear? Lol

Third world countries are so useless. I keep saying this: blacks should forget about running a country, we dont have the mental capacity to do so.
sad but this is Nigeria !! We are too scared in this country
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Spidermon: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
This thread will sadly add to cement the impression that we are supposed to fear uniformed men.

Stockholm's syndrome
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Wallace2107: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

lol...DSS civilian ke...If soldier go DSS training make I hear say he no confirm.....A DSS that is trained to take a bullet whereas army is taught to return fire...Except recent recruitments into the service, in terms of intellects and tactics, you shud compare the DSS to NIA or EFCC and not NA
college of education graduate sighted grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Loses LG To APC / Presidency Debunks Photo Of President Buhari Being Shared As "New Photo" / “I Am Not In A Hurry To Do Anything” – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.