Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? (44311 Views)

Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues DSS And Malami / Police DPO And Army Captain Snatch Election Materials In Rivers State - INEC / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by expert234: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2019
alexyanalysis:

Can't he speak out his mind again? You are unbelievable!

What manner of sick mind is that?!

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Depressed101: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2019
Tomide007:
Are u sure this OP does not mean Police to DSS? Its like this thing nah Typo oooo.......DSS is not even a member of the armed forces....And you're comparing them with the most senior force in the country.....in security heirachy. ....police is a force DSS is a service...like immigration service, customs service etc.....they just like doing stealth mode up and down.....ever heard of DSS in a shoot out? They only do civilians.
. Bros dss engages in deadly shoot outz o, at night, but you just don't know they are the ones who did it. Because it won't make fp, even if it did, you won't know they are the one, undercover dss has Been used for assassinations, countless of times.. However you cannot compare them with NA

They are just tactical security service, this is not an argument na.. If you meet dss for road sef, you won't know they are capable of handling gun, those people get clean light arms sha.. A clean glock for all there service men, including women, i think its the only Service that allows women to handle gun.

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

lol...DSS civilian ke...If soldier go DSS training make I hear say he no confirm.....A DSS that is trained to take a bullet whereas army is taught to return fire...Except recent recruitments into the service, in terms of intellects and tactics, you shud compare the DSS to NIA or EFCC and not NA
Then federation should deploy the DSS to go and battle with boko haram
if verily they can take bullet. . :/
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by hunter21(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2019
Education in this country is very poor,
I have not read read a single meaningfull comment
How can somebody be comparing the FBI to the US Army

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2019
Depressed101:
. Bros dss engages in deadly shoot outz o, at night, but you just don't know they are the ones who did it. Because it won't make fp, even if it did, you won't know they are the one, undercover dss has Been used for assassinations, countless of times.. However you cannot compare them with NA

They are just tactical security service, this is not an argument na.. If you meet dss for road sef, you won't know they are capable of handling gun, those people get clean light arms sha.. A clean glock for all there service men, including women, i think its the only Service that allows women to handle gun.
police also allow women carry gun
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by iberu001(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2019
EricBraven:

senior man,how did you see the ones he had on his legs when he only removed is jacket

To clear ur doubt, as I said earlier I have a bro that works with NIA and for the guns on his leg,I said I saw it at RCCG camp,the guy is among Osibanjo's security aid. Where he stays is around Car park C at camp and my uncle house is around same area so I do see them everytime.Na there I see the guy before service , he dey kit up for the compound but if u no believe me no shit bro.

3 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Abokii8(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2019
This is a hate speech against the army.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Depressed101: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2019
EricBraven:

police also allow women carry gun
never seen
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tobiloba2407: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2019
iberu001:

To clear ur doubt, as I said earlier I have a bro that works with NIA and for the guns on his leg,I said I saw it at RCCG camp,the guy is among Osibanjo's security aid. Where he stays is around Car park C at camp and my uncle house is around same area so I do see them everytime.Na there I see the guy before service , he dey kit up for the compound but if u no believe me no shit bro.

NIA, is foreign intelligence, like CIA....what is he doing providing security for the VP, seems your bros career is going down the drain...

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by MetaPhysical: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2019
ugom123:

I have never thought of relocating completely from this country after reading the comments and topic of the thread. You and one other are the only comments I see that made sense. Eya, Nigeria is gone for good. The citizens have accepted intimidation as a way of life just the way they have accepted poor governance as a way of life.

Eya, what a wasted country. U can imagine someone asking who commands fear pass? It is crazy! How can ur own institutions u pay with ur sweat command your fear? Lol

Third world countries are so useless. I keep saying this: blacks should forget about running a country, we dont have the mental capacity to do so.

True word!
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by smogup: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2019
realstars:
DSS are the mask political force, while SSS are the state security service force, ment for the state of the nation. Army are those ones standing for good and bad for the nation and citizens, and they stand between life and dead. Armies are No1.
there is nothing like DSS in the 1999 constitution. Sorry bro, SSS and DSS are one and the same.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by noisy45(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2019
What I know is that one bullet to the head kills anyone of them grin
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by vertueptime: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2019
phantom24:
Dss is jst a group of bloody civilians u dnt compare them with military bt police nd sars

If army catch u atleast u hav a friend u can call,if sss catch u where wil u start from?, plus sss can do u anyhow and nothing will happen, but u can report an army officer, sss does not have name tag or insignia or office location writen on their arms or vehicles or even have plate number, so as far as ghey are conscerned it was never them. They can get away with killing u in broad day light nothing will happen, plus they can mask thier faces, i can go on and on and on, fear sss

4 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by mvem(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2019
inspirator1:

Bro you never jam DSS. One thing about this "THING" of theirs, is that they are not meant to be conventional (covert) but only their sight send chills down the spine of those who knows.
While the military is overt, that's why it seems they are brute but in training, skills and firearms handling...please NA is no match to them with all due respect sir. You can only compare them with DMI, NIA not even EFCC.
Remember you fear what you know and see. Those that sees and knows DSS those that this comparism is not necessary.
your knowledge is poor... DSS is not an army. The structure is similar like the CIA only meant for intelligence. DSS are not meant to fight in battles same as CIA, KGB etc...they are just answerable only to the president are they are the ones in charge of intelligence. Against Bokoharams there are DSS members within bokoharam ranks, that's their work...infiltrate and get intelligence. DSS officials are involved in the insurgency but it is all about Intelligence so how will you see them fight openly. Even from their guns you will know they are different. DSS uses Israeli Tavor which is only meant for close quarter combat and that suites their job. Why the army uses Aks which is an assault rifle for battles....why can't you guyz get that they are two different entities . By default a DSS field officer should be smarter because he needs to collect intelligence and should have more skills because he needs that to be covert and evade capture. DSS are actually part of the Bokoharam fight. You think the infiltration and Negotiation with bokoharam is solely done by the army . DSS agents don't have tags, name or insignia to identify them unlike the Army.

3 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by vertueptime: 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rubbiish:
How can u compare Army with DSS?
Comparing paramilitary to military?
It should be DSS and Police, customs, immigration & the likes
The strength of any country depends on her army, a country with a weak army is a weak nation.

Incase u dnt know, the sss was created to forstall military from any coup attempt, they arw that powerful.

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
iberu001:

OK ooo 5 guns or not nah 1 bullet from ak47 dey kill person
moreover it's not the duty of the NIA to be part of the security details of the VP,so how come
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Did you actually read what i wrote or understood it. Menh! Your kind go to class with question in their mind and still ask them even after the lecturer has answered same question in the course of teaching. Try and reread.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by noisy45(m): 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
iberu001:
The DSS overseas the internal security. It is primarily responsible for intelligence gathering within the country and for the protection of senior government officials, particularly the President and state governors while the Army are meant for war and is responsible for land warfare operations. The security agent I love so much is the NIA,they are just like CIA.They head all the security agencies in Nigeria including the Military. I'm talking from experience.I have a bro that works with the NIA and they share intelligence with the Military.Those guys are mad. I will choose NIA for protection over the Army.I saw one who is among the VP security unit, if u see the way they think and guns he had with him that day,closed to 5 pistols while DSS only has one pistol.

He no go pass Berretta pistols that jams easily thats why he had 5 of it on him each holding 12 rounds. grin
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
Depressed101:
never seen
yeah they do especially the mobile police women
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by 989900: 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
expert234:
Typical question from resident of a third world country with mental slavery and stupidity.

Is the DSS or Army supposed to instill fear or give people a sense of peace and security, as well as, an assurance of safety?

That same fear they instill has reduced your court of law to nothing.

Bunch of dumb black brain fools that take joy in celebrating Mediocrity.

I won't be surprised if the OP is a university graduate. He went to school, but still remains mentally unliberated. What a life!

My answer!
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
noisy45:

He no go pass Berretta pistols that jams easily thats why he had 5 of it on him each holding 12 rounds. grin
nah lie you talk no be all Berretta dey hold of only 12 bullet
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

lol...DSS civilian ke...If soldier go DSS training make I hear say he no confirm.....A DSS that is trained to take a bullet whereas army is taught to return fire...Except recent recruitments into the service, in terms of intellects and tactics, you shud compare the DSS to NIA or EFCC and not NA
You don't know what you talking about.
I work somewhere which gives me the privilege of knowing them all. DSS is respected because they are hardly seen.
Believe me DSS is just air and no substance
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by noisy45(m): 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
iberu001:

Yes bro,I saw it life at RCCG camp when VP was there. I counted 5 when he removed his jacket. Two around the chest ,one behind him and one each at both legs.

Because DSS carry tavor 21 rifles and some yeye Berretta pistols and mini uzis u think they are stronger than army
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by fredoooooo: 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Abi ori DSS o pe ni... Army anytime anyday grin grin grin
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by noisy45(m): 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
kachistone:
Let no body deceive you. The Army is far more advanced in training and resources than the DSS.

However, the DSS commands respect because it is controlled by the President ad their operations are shrouded in secrecy.

But in terms of training, resources and man power, DSS no near Army.

A DSS are trained to take bullets protecting the presidents and other political VIPs noting must happen to them while at the same time repelling such attack. Army is to defend the country against external attacks

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Strech(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Which nonsense fear? Abi which one intimidate harmless and defenseless citizens? Bunch of cowards. Why not go to sambisa forest and meet their match.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Born2Breed(f): 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
Army kill you, you fit see who to owe but SSS...that's the real unknown soldier.

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by deavicky(m): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

i don't understand how they train human to take bullet. Who is deceiving u that stuff like that can happen.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by noisy45(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
EricBraven:

nah lie you talk no be all Berretta dey hold of only 12 bullet

It might interest you to know that Berretta pistol highest magazine round is 12-15 bullets. The almighty USA army has stopped using since the 1990s and has relegated it for use to its police force The glock pistol is the current killer pistol to fear with nothing less than 20-24 rounds magazine

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
noisy45:

A DSS are trained to take bullets protecting the presidents and other political VIPs noting must happen to them while at the same time repelling such attack. Army is to defend the country against external attacks
if the DSS is trained to take bullet for the president and other high profile citizens who then do the army takes bullet for?
Army also repel attacks that are stronger than that of the DSS,DSS might have to repel attacks that has 30-70 people with ak47 and probably an RPG but the army have to repel attacks that comes in it hundreds from different weapons and still have to guard the trench so that the enemy wouldn't infiltrate and steal or destroy their weapons

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
noisy45:

It might interest you to know that Berretta pistol highest magazine round is 12-15 bullets. The almighty USA army has stopped using since the 1990s and has relegated it for use to its police force The glock pistol is the current killer pistol to fear with nothing less than 20-24 rounds magazine
yeah that true but the Berretta now belongs to the NPF while or DSS beginner while the senior use the glock pistol

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by noisy45(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
Depressed101:

Who dash them glock pistols there rank and file still use Berretta pistols grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MC Oluomo & Supporters Rejoice As Tinubu Takes Early Lead In APC Primary / Ezenwa Francis Clears Douglas Refuse Dump Allowed To Punish Owerri (Photos) / Keniebi Okoko Dies After Surgery - Naija Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.