Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? (44303 Views)

Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues DSS And Malami / Police DPO And Army Captain Snatch Election Materials In Rivers State - INEC / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 09, 2019
This topic should d be about which is more useless....cos they are both unprofessional

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Blazebond(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2019
The sad truth is that both the army and dss in nigeria are birds of the same pathetic feather, both are coward institutions that have failed miserably in their duty of protecting her citizens from the fear of terrorists organization e.g boko haram,both organizations turn into commando's and dragons when it is time to kill or brutalize innocent citizens but turn into butterflies when it is time to confront real terror,i am sorry if i have spoilt the moods of mods who are employee's of both organizations, but it is the bitter Truth, both organisations are evil terrorist institutions and both have been responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Nigerian citizen's.
As for your answer,the Nigerian army command's the most fear in nigeria,they are the cause of everything bad in this nation.

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by SOFTENGR: 10:38am On Dec 09, 2019
Are you asking about who abuses power more than the other?

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by kokomilala(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2019
They exert fear and both have become irresponsible machines of terror to harmless citizen. The police lag behind them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by lonelydora: 10:38am On Dec 09, 2019
agbangam:

Oga boys no send DSS in fact boys go challenge DSS for street but when boys see Army boys go Japa. Only one Army man on Uniform go clear street. Who gives a fvck about intellect or tactics for street undecided

No try challenge DSS ooo

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by fk001(m): 10:39am On Dec 09, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Under this regime, they are all one and the same!!!

Though they have similarities

Na North full am!!!

What's your problem with North and Yoruba Muslims?

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by kachistone: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2019
Let no body deceive you. The Army is far more advanced in training and resources than the DSS.

However, the DSS commands respect because it is controlled by the President ad their operations are shrouded in secrecy.

But in terms of training, resources and man power, DSS no near Army.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by hisexcellency34: 10:42am On Dec 09, 2019
I hope this your gragra won't send you to yonder

nogragra:

What sort of stupid useless topic is this. The two exists in Nigeria military and cannot fight boko haram to total obliteration, which is their primary assignment. Na soft targets like civilians wey no carry stick except cell phones na im de go dey molest, bunch of cowards in uniform and gun carrying trigger happy goons.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by hisexcellency34: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2019
Odeoshi

Josh44s:

Stupid post from a senseless being. Instead of you to ask positive questions like who has more respect for the citizens or who are more systematical in call of duty at urgent needs. You are asking who command more fear. You and the mod who pushed this rubbish into fp should be ashamed. People like you are the reasons citizen’s right are being trampled on daily.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by DAYOODS(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2019
Tobinrobin:
The Department of State Services (DSS) is responsible for internal security and reports to the president through the national security adviser & quite limited whilst the army is about attainment of National Security. The army definitely commands more fear

In addition,Army defends the entire country.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by llprincztonp(m): 10:54am On Dec 09, 2019
The Department of State Services (DSS) is responsible for internal security and reports to the president through the national security adviser & quite limited whilst the army is about attainment of National Security. The army definitely commands more fear

The DSS re never response for internal security. the police instead. DSS gather intelligence and decimate to the appropriate agency for actions

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by efficiencie(m): 10:56am On Dec 09, 2019
All of them...anyone who carries about a weapon is to be feared by anyone who wants to stay alive...from kidnappers, to robbers, to the police, the army, the DSS, to civil defense etc, anyone who wants to stay alive has a real reason to be afraid of these people because they are not responsible enough to realize that all lives matter!

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by treasureboy09(m): 10:56am On Dec 09, 2019
WildChild00:

You attended a military school indeed! What if I tell you I am a military officer, you come online to talk trash, how can you compare dss to military? Does that make sense to you?
. You don't need to reply this fellow, his comments shows he is ignorant..
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Smithwilliams826: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2019
J111333:
Mr Man shut up, you don't know anything about military.
Do you think military starts and ends with those personnel you see on road blocks at Enugu Onitsha freeway?

In the States, FBI and Secret Service are just retirement or resting place for tough Marines and Navy Seals who want to remain active after service. Even with numerous Secret Sevice agents, US President can't step an inch without making sure that US Marines are near him all the time.

Chai! What is all this rubbish? What nonsense? They are talking abt DSS and u are talking abt FBI, Its was/is Nigeria that was mentioned, now I'm reading USA, What's all this?
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Liposure: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2019
Simply put, the army commands honor n respect.whereas the DSS command fear becos they perform covert operations without being detected

4 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Smithwilliams826: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2019
J111333:
Mr Man shut up, you don't know anything about military.
Do you think military starts and ends with those personnel you see on road blocks at Enugu Onitsha freeway?

In the States, FBI and Secret Service are just retirement or resting place for tough Marines and Navy Seals who want to remain active after service. Even with numerous Secret Sevice agents, US President can't step an inch without making sure that US Marines are near him all the time.

Who is talking abt state here?
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by musicwriter(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Who commands more fear between the Nigerian Army and the Department of State Services (DSS) ?

These government agencies aren't meant to be feared, so please remove the fear mentality. However, I do understand where you're coming from because they've been used to terrorize Nigerians. But you may respect them not fear them. You didn't commit an offense.

They're just Nigerians like you doing their job.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by r4roty(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2019
Mendy3I:
Nothing like DSS in Nigerian security law is SSS =STATE SECURITY SERVICE.

DSS IS A WRONG TERMINOLOGY
I always wonder how in the same write up in news about the service they use DSS & SSS interchangeably! Meanwhile you wont see such mix up with similar bodies in other countries the world over such as CIA,FBI,MOSSAD,FSB etc. I always have the impression that SSS & DSS are two different departments in the same establishment.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Bbbwings: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2019
expert234:
Typical question from resident of a third world country with mental slavery and stupidity.

Is the DSS or Army supposed to instill fear or give people a sense of peace and security, as well as, an assurance of safety?

That same fear they instill has reduced your court of law to nothing.

Bunch of dumb black brain fools that take joy in celebrating Mediocrity.

I won't be surprised if the OP is a university graduate. He went to school, but still remains mentally unliberated. What a life!
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Befii: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2019
The DSS guys really do a lot of intelligence work you know! So they deserve respect and recognition but however, Nigerian army is naturally destined to be feared. It's bin dat way since basic 1. D military is like a government within anoda government n Dss is natyn close to dat, jus another advanced form of police officers with fat salaries. Sometimes u hear military government but there would never be DSS government.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by laptopsale(m): 11:10am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

lol...DSS civilian ke...If soldier go DSS training make I hear say he no confirm.....A DSS that is trained to take a bullet whereas army is taught to return fire...Except recent recruitments into the service, in terms of intellects and tactics, you shud compare the DSS to NIA or EFCC and not NA
don't comment on what you don't have first hand knowledge of, I have both in my family as two of my cousins are soldiers while my younger brother is an SSS, DSS has no special training aside gun handling but lots of army recruits dies or run away from depot before POP.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Tobiloba2407: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

Dude shut da eff up mehn...I attended a military school...Na u suppose teach me or na me go school ya neh?
...You thinks it's all about ruggedity and Morah??...Why is there a DMI? if the Army et al were that superior? why is there an NSA?....Tactics and intelligence wins wars not weapons....A DSS personnel is trained tactically more than the average soldier....Take it or leave it.....Why were DSS posted to Maiduguri to fight BH?? .Answer that....If our army were very much organized like that of the Chinese or Americans, I wud have said otherwise...If you know the gruelling training a DSS personnel goes through, you won't be out here saying this........

sadly both true, i went to army and navy sec schools and i have friends in both sss and all arms of service....the training given to an average dss soldier and equipment, is almost at par with what is given to our military special forces, on small scale fighting, dss might out perform the average military man, but in large scale fighting and heavy equipment, the military surpasses dss....no use dss play ooo.

5 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by MyMouth(m): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2019
Asura:
If it were America i know say i go fear CIA pass the US ARMY. I'd like to think all this agencies are somewhat similar.
CIA are devils! Even the Almighty US Military dey fear them. The US Military can't go anywhere without the clearance from the fuc.king CIA

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Bigval5: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2019
drezzyx:
I fear only God.

If I do the ryt things and I make clean money and become extremely wealthy they will work for me.

I will say DSS are more civilized than the army..
The army are created to be aggressive and brutal only on terrorist and enemies of d country.
And are supposed to respect the citizens of it's country.

Is this the question Mr?
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by 752hub: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2019
Just look at the type of guns and amour both are carrying and that will answer your question.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by tosinosam(m): 11:18am On Dec 09, 2019
You only fear what you know...I no know DSS
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by livingoracle: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2019
LordAzubuike:

It's obvious you find it difficult to comprehend simple English. The question the OP asked is who commands more fear and not who has more Intel.

Just like I envisaged, you have succeeded in making yourself the illiterate I talked about.
Wasted sperm
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2019
iberu001:

Yes bro,I saw it life at RCCG camp when VP was there. I counted 5 when he removed his jacket. Two around the chest ,one behind him and one each at both legs.
senior man,how did you see the ones he had on his legs when he only removed is jacket

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by EricBraven: 11:24am On Dec 09, 2019
752hub:
Just look at the type of guns and amour both are carrying and that will answer your question.
how do you justify that by their arms
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by laptopsale(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

Dude shut da eff up mehn...I attended a military school...Na u suppose teach me or na me go school ya neh?
...You thinks it's all about ruggedity and Morah??...Why is there a DMI? if the Army et al were that superior? why is there an NSA?....Tactics and intelligence wins wars not weapons....A DSS personnel is trained tactically more than the average soldier....Take it or leave it.....Why were DSS posted to Maiduguri to fight BH?? .Answer that....If our army were very much organized like that of the Chinese or Americans, I wud have said otherwise...If you know the gruelling training a DSS personnel goes through, you won't be out here saying this........
You didn't attend any military school, from your comment I can say that.
Before you rant further, I have SSS personnel, Army and Airforce in my family.
DSS training is at their training school in Ojo and I visit there often, nothing special aside emergency response and gun handling but you can't survive a week of military training in Jaiji.
I have never heard of anyone running away from DSS training but many run away from army recruitment depot while few other dies due to the hard training.
DMI is even more equipped than DSS because they far more vast responsibility than the DSS who is more of a front for the president.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by stanliwiser: 11:24am On Dec 09, 2019
Rubbiish:
How can u compare Army with DSS?
Comparing paramilitary to military?
It should be DSS and Police, customs, immigration & the likes
The strength of any country depends on her army, a country with a weak army is a weak nation.
DSS aren't necessarily civilians o.
Most DSS are from the military, they are selected for internal and secret state service.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by godofuck231: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

lol...DSS civilian ke...If soldier go DSS training make I hear say he no confirm.....A DSS that is trained to take a bullet whereas army is taught to return fire...Except recent recruitments into the service, in terms of intellects and tactics, you shud compare the DSS to NIA or EFCC and not NA
what a load of bum cum, are you aware of that the UN troops in Liberia and serria Leone withdraw from combat and the nigerian army advances in same direction to clear out rebels and they call all nigerian soldiers OGA - where are the sss and intels to defeat Boko Haram today instead they are after sowore

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / Ameer Sarkee To Contest For APC National Women Leader Position (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.