Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (153783 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by johnHerba(m): 3:01am On Mar 08, 2020
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by osamedion: 10:58am On Mar 22, 2020
kellycute:
gbam!!. I keep telling people that Dubai is a goldmine but they don't wanna listen to me. You can get 3 bedroom apartment and rent out 2 rooms. You won't even be paying rent again cos the money u will get from renting out the 2 rooms will be enough to paid for the apartment and still have some cash to freestyle with.

And you think it's that easy?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by osamedion: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2020
God will never forgive those Travel agents back home in Nigeria.They will sit there in that their godforsaken office and promise people they have jobs in Dubai,some of them that have not even boarded a plane before. People like Capital Travels in Ojodu Berger with the sweetest mouth I have ever seen. I will provide more update on him later.
Please,if you have a job of even 50k per month and to some extent you are comfortable with it with no pressure,I will advise you to stick with,save up till you can afford Europe or US. Those that mostly don't complain and endure are those that have no job at all back home,or are already used to hard labour, how do you expect such a person to complain?? Have you ever worked in an Indian company in Nigeria? You know how they treat people? That's volume one of what you are going to experience here in UAE.
Am talking not from my only personal experience but what 95% of us are facing here but those here too won't tell you the truth cos we Nigerians can live fake life hen? Fake everything...My people,your cool 50k is better than 1200diram here with hard labour!
More updates later...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by osamedion: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2020
Champagnemami:
So I've been in the UAE for all of two years and boy has it been venturesome and hygge?

I've always wanted to write about my struggles in this seducing desert city but just never found the time.

'UAE' is a proper noun but I can't help myself, cry its always 'the UAE' to me.

I'll be taking y'all through steps on how i got here, how I got a means of livelihood, the stress and joy that comes with the job and all that.

Stay tuned.

God will never forgive those Travel agents back home in Nigeria.They will sit there in that their godforsaken office and promise people they have jobs in Dubai,some of them that have not even boarded a plane before. People like Capital Travels in Ojodu Berger with the sweetest mouth I have ever seen. I will provide more update on him later.
Please,if you have a job of even 50k per month and to some extent you are comfortable with it with no pressure,I will advise you to stick with,save up till you can afford Europe or US. Those that mostly don't complain and endure are those that have no job at all back home,or are already used to hard labour, how do you expect such a person to complain?? Have you ever worked in an Indian company in Nigeria? You know how they treat people? That's volume one of what you are going to experience here in UAE.
Am talking not from my only personal experience but what 95% of us are facing here but those here too won't tell you the truth cos we Nigerians can live fake life hen? Fake everything...My people,your cool 50k is better than 1200diram here with hard labour!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by osamedion: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2020
Cocao:
Okay I am on this one!!

You are on the verge of making more people jump into hell right? Just tell the truth, how you regret ever coming, though you still survive and how and why you will never advise anyone to come. Or are you one of those people working together with Nigerian agents to milk people from visa processing,bed space, employment pay and stuffs
My people,if it's not Europe or USA or Canada, please stay back home! My 50 cent though..I know some goats will still not listen...That 750k you are about to waste,Kukuma give it to an orphanage than to come waste 2years of your life. How I wish I got this kind of Angel before I fall into two shit years of my life!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by GoldenJAT(m): 11:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
Champagnemami:

Its gonna be tough. Very tough
How is everything with you? Consciously had to check up on you.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by born2begreat(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
born2begreat:
It’s not easy there in Dubai if you are not a hustler who can do dirty jobs like Construction, Road sweepers etc don’t go there. White collar job is not that easy there except for those who has Ph.D, Masters and in related to jobs they have there. I have a friend, he’s no longer a friend but a family because we’ve been friends for more than 23yrs without a break. He went to Dubai this year January and with most of our chats, voice notes and talks sometimes on phone it’s not been easy. He was first working in a construction company as a labour when he first got there those ones used to owe them and the work is crazy hard. Now he works for their government LAWMA i.e road sweeper and earn just 75k monthly though they give them an accommodation like the guy said(hostel type). The different now is they’ve done his 2yrs resident permit and his passport is with his employer. The type of information he can share with me he can’t share it with other people he would just tell you that he’s not discouraging you from coming but pray and you have to be strong. He just got his permit like 2 months ago which means he won’t be home anytime soon until next year August or September once the permit is 1 year.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by sunnipappy(m): 12:55am On May 05, 2020
Can someone with diploma certificate in Human kinetics get a good job in Dubai
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by marvejmc(m): 2:25am On May 06, 2020
Thread derailed successfully congratulations all of you who had a hand in this.. now she couldn't complete her story... Bad ass niggers mitchew angry
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Raymondrain: 6:52am On May 29, 2020
Please does anyone here knows if Nigeria embassy in Abu Dhabi is open for passport renewal , my passport has expire for some months now and am in dubai, don't want to waste money to travel to Abu Dhabi all in vain ..... Please reply asap !!!!!!

God bless !!!!
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by bobbymishark(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Emobi:
can osha get in somewhere

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
Raymondrain:
Please does anyone here knows if Nigeria embassy in Abu Dhabi is open for passport renewal , my passport has expire for some months now and am in dubai, don't want to waste money to travel to Abu Dhabi all in vain ..... Please reply asap !!!!!!

God bless !!!!
Don't waste your money by going there uninformed, send them email nigerabudhabi@yahoo.co.uk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by osamedion: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2020
Thane:

how do I contact you pls, very much interested
You are a fool, you this fucking agent...
Am still looking for a way to educate my brothers back home as regards coming to UAE....that's another topic for another day.
As regards all you evil agents back home, God is waiting for you sooner or later.
Instead of wasting thousands of naira to come to UAE, why not find a little business to venture in?
A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2020
GoldenJAT:
How is everything with you? Consciously had to check up on you.

Thanks man.
I'm gooder.
Trust you are too

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by sifo: 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Champagnemami:
So I've been in the UAE for all of two years and boy has it been venturesome and hygge?

I've always wanted to write about my struggles in this seducing desert city but just never found the time.

I'll be taking y'all through steps on how i got here, how I got a means of livelihood, the stress and joy that comes with the job and all that.

Stay tuned.

A friend got an offer of about 30,000 AED monthly. Is this sufficient to live in the city centre and have significant savings? Any details of what the key monthly expenses would be for a single

The person currently earns around N1m monthly in Nigeria. Key concern is to be sure that cost of living I the city centre won't leave him with less after relocating

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by mbhs139(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
sifo:

A friend got an offer of about 30,000 AED monthly. Is this sufficient to live in the city centre and have significant savings? Any details of what the key monthly expenses would be for a single

The person currently earns around N1m monthly in Nigeria. Key concern is to be sure that cost of living I the city centre won't leave him with less after relocating

If this person earns around N1m in Nigeria as you claim, and he/she has a masters degree, and the spouse is also educated, and they can both work hard to pass IELTS, I would recommend they look towards Canada. It's a DiY process- Do it Yourself, and the information is out there on this platform.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Portblueholland: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2020
You got it totally wrong when you mentioned SA. I have been there over 4 times in-fact i got my long term EU family member permit there after been rejected in Nigeria 4 times. The VFS over there is organised and less crowded, South Africans don't travel and we were barely even 5 people there during my appointment. As a South African you get a Shcengen visa within 48 hours I was shocked. It is a VERY and HIGHLY organised country especially in the Western Cape and life is generally good regardless if you are a citizen or foreigner. IN SA electricity water and many advanced amenities are available for everyone to use and you HARDLY find any pot holes. I drove from Johannesburg to Cape Town almost 18 hours journey without any issue. To be honest SA for me is the best country I have ever visited. I have travelled extensively in Africa Europe and Asia and SA still is the BEST country ever! The only country in Africa where its citizens and to some extent foreigners get social security money.
birdmansoho:
A lot of emphasis is being made about withholding of passport as if that’s the primordial issue. While it is true that passport are personal property and should be in the custody of it owner at all times, I think it’s diversionary and even unnecessary to the intent of this post. That notwithstanding, I strongly advise that no one should travel to Dubai for greener pasture as there’s nothing for you there. UAE is as useless and tough like the Nigeria you intend to elope from. You work under harsh conditions for peanuts and for most they can’t even afford a decent room without sharing with people to reduce cost and for many they are average of 5 sharing a room.

I have close friends in Dubai whose story are all same and are living in squalor. Please for your own good avoid UAE, India, Russia, Cambodia, SA and Indonesia by every means possible. Better retire to your village and farm than embark on a journey to any of the aforesaid countries. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ebuka1997: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
tchidi066:
I'm learning a lot here and i must commend the op for taking her time to explain what's on ground ...studied education/english also and i have been weighing my chances of working in the uae as a teacher. Do i need a certain certification or is my degree enough, also is working experience and English proficiency test required ...i need answers

Forget Dubai, I’m going to EU soon, then I would send for you cheesy
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by tchidi066(f): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
Lol
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by tchidi066(f): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
ebuka1997:

Forget Dubai, I’m going to EU soon, then I would send for you cheesy
Lol
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ebuka1997: 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
tchidi066:

Lol

Hope covid didn’t upset plans
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Topshow4real: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
kellycute:
kellyaisosaosifo@yahoo.com

Hi sir,

Please check your inbox. I sent you a mail
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Greatdand007(m): 5:53am On Dec 08, 2020
vicsongreat:
I graduated from a state uni in Nigeria in 2014, served 2015, searched for job from 2015-2017, yet non came except teaching job of 12k per month, I decided to borrow to travel to Dubai, I landed in Dubai on July 2017, got job after 3days of my arrival, I work at an ice factory with 1500aed which is 150k per month. My company did my 2yrs visa for free, gave me accommodation, electricity, water and medical. I only spend on feeding. They were with my passport, Jan this year was my 1yr 6mnths, they booked my vacation flight to Nigeria to and fro, plus 100k pocket money, I spent 2mnths in Nigeria. I returned march, I cancelled from my work place around June, I runned a course called Sira for 5days were I obtained my security and safety certificate and I got a security job that pays me 250k per month now. UAE favoured me abeg. Am greatful to God.

Hello bro please how can I get Dubai work Visa
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Ndipe(m): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
Withholding an employee's passport should be illegal.

Champagnemami:

I hope all is well with him too.
Withholding an employee's passport is kinda a norm here. It's used to check excesses such as an employee absconding.
The cost of a work visa is borne by the employer, sometimes people become homesick/dissatisfied and wanna leave, this becomes a loss to the company.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Konquest: 5:58pm On May 07, 2021
Champagnemami:

Stay tuned.
Interesting place to be for business and leisure travel... Would love to visit again. smiley
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Mixedfruit: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2021
after reading all this I've got change my mind....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.