Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (153448 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingomat: 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Preetychina22:

You need to independently verify that you have a job waiting for you. Contact a nairalander in Dubai to verify it for you.
Usually, Agents say anything to entice their clients. These agents have never been outside Nigeria before and know nothing about the countries they process visas for.
All the best.

Thanks so much sir. How do I know that?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Preetychina22(m): 6:00am On Dec 18, 2019
Kingomat:

Thanks so much sir. How do I know that?
I would suggest you create a thread here and ask questions on it. You'll get answers. I haven't been to Dubai myself but I'm well traveled and these things are similar everywhere. All the best.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingomat: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2019
NONNYG:
What type of visa you have ? 90 days single entry or 60 days employment? Is it verifiable?

Shine your eyes, a lot of people are stranded at the Dubai airport all in the name of SOMEONE FROM THE COMPANY WILL COME AND PICK ME

Agents has rendered thousands of people useless here

Be guided

Thanks so much. It’s a 90 Days...
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Pesbest: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2019
@OP,

It's been awhile you updated this nice thread.

I look forward to it please.

Lots to learn from you.

As someone without education background but decides to go for PGDE as you adviced.

Is it possible to apply for these teaching jobs from Nigeria

Is it only Dubai that has more of these teaching openings? What about other Emirates like Sharjah??

Is CACHE training available in Dubai

Is there an online mode of study for the CACHE?

Could you please share any agency in Dubai or other countries that recruits teachers just like the one you went through in Dublin

Please keep this thread alive OP
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 12:23am On Dec 21, 2019
lionlee216:

I'm sorry how your thread got derailed but that's what happens when thread makes frontpage but I'm personally enjoying your stories and learning alot.

You don't have to respond to everybody

Kindly continue

Hey boss

Saw your hookup mention.
It had me hehehehe

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lionlee216(m): 12:42am On Dec 21, 2019
Champagnemami:

Hey boss

Saw your hookup mention.
It had me hehehehe

Pls continue your story.

did you guys hook up? wink
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zagee: 12:14am On Dec 22, 2019
Studied petroleum engineering and currently on NYSC duties.. What are my chances in the Arab world?? Need some advice here oh....
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by micxwell(m): 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
moseslarry:

Thanks once again for this vital information and I’m going to commence working on the registration for hse 2. Lest I forget, I hope it has nothing to do with ones first degree certificate cos I actually studied food science and even though, I did graduate with third class. Pls enlighten me more on it sir. Hope it would be an added value to cushion my low grade from university.

Hi, I was looking for the HSE professional thread on here. Using the word ispon as a search word, I stumbled on your posts.
Let me clear your doubts. I'm a safety officer presently at Nigerian Bottling Company, Asejire Plant. Our Safety Manager is a "Food Science" graduate from FUTA, a brilliant one at that. So you're not at a disadvantage for being a food scientist.

All that is required is your knowledge of physics, chemistry and biology.

I'm a member of ISPON Oyo state branch and I read Civil Engineering in school. I'm working towards getting my Nebosh too.

If you need more clarification, you can mention me.

Compliments of the season to you and family

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by moseslarry(m): 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
micxwell:

Hi, I was looking for the HSE professional thread on here. Using the word ispon as a search word, I stumbled on your posts.
Let me clear your doubts. I'm a safety officer presently at Nigerian Bottling Company, Asejire Plant. Our Safety Manager is a "Food Science" graduate from FUTA, a brilliant one at that. So you're not at a disadvantage for being a food scientist.

I'm a member of ISPON Oyo state branch and I read Civil Engineering in school. I'm working towards getting my Nebosh too.

Thanks sir. I will add you up for further clarifications sir. Merry Xmas and happy new year in advance sir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by cybug: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
micxwell:

Can a non science person become a safety officer? Since you said it requires physics, chemistry and biology knowledge.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by micxwell(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
cybug:

Can a non science person become a safety officer? Since you said it requires physics, chemistry and biology knowledge.
There are exceptions to the above statement. I tailored my answers to the person I answered. And Yes a non-science person can dabble into it as well. It's all about interest and dedication. Only that a person who understands basic science will be fast at grabbing some concepts a bit more quickly.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Baldwretch: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2019
Champagnemami:

Yea right. There is less to zero racism in America which is why you guys have the black lives matter movement. Lets not even begin to talk about the security problems.

Each one of us has reason and target for immigrating, short term or long term. Some do to earn a living, others for citizenship. But one thing is common, its all about the good life, quality life.

From the start of the article i mentioned homelessness and overstay which are direct outcomes of no job, so what negative anything was i hiding at first?

The 'freedom' you don't get to enjoy in the UAE is no different from what you get serving/living in a place like sokoto,zamfara. Its a Muslim country, so naturally you can't expect to live like you're in America.

I've lived here two years. In my first year I saved 15m naira. How long would it take an RN in the US/UK to save same? By the second year, I begun my masters program and ran some courses, so less savings.

For the first time in my life my supposedly useless Nigerian certificate is worth something.

I come online to share the story and somehow I'm claiming UAE is a paradise?

Y'all need to take a chill pill. Seriously

Aunty, do you have any idea how thrift service works? We call it ajo in Youba, lol.

Basically we all contribute and one of the contributors take the lump sum until it is everyone's turn.

Em, your assistance is just that, but better. Far better. See this as an investment. I promise to give you three times your investment and no stories asked. No Ifs, no excuses or bullshit. I am actually brutally serious: you get paid three times as much when you get back to the drawing board and do the Mathematics. Good business deal.

And I am not asking for lump sum. I am going to request the exact sum for what I need to proceed in the application and not more. My accountability is such that no proof, i don't receive any more money. That would mean you have been scammed.

I want you to assist me to move over there to hustle too. I have a Bsc in Mathematics from OAU since 2016 and that's about it. My mathematical proficiency is that impressive.

If you are willing to assist, reply to my pm. I already pm you.

Thanks.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by koolengrtimmy(m): 11:46am On Dec 24, 2019
micxwell:

There are exceptions to the above statement. I tailored my answers to the person I answered. And Yes a non-science person can dabble into it as well. It's all about interest and dedication. Only that a person who understands basic science will be fast at grabbing some concepts a bit more quickly.

Fellow civil engr, i thought construction hse is different from manufacturing hse or oil/gas hse.

Are they all same now?

Is ISO certification part of safety too?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by micxwell(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
koolengrtimmy:

Fellow civil engr, i thought construction hse is different from manufacturing hse or oil/gas hse.

Are they all same now?

Is ISO certification part of safety too?
Lol. When you go up the ladder, there is a wide difference between them all but the basics still remains the same no matter the industry. For example, Nebosh covers all aspects being the basics of Occupational Health Certifications.

Futhermore, you mentioned construction hse, because of our CIVIL ENGINEERING background but you forgot that we are well grounded in ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING as well, infact my 2nd degree is in Environmental and Public Health Engineering. Hence, it cuts across a lot of departments even in Manufacturing!
We do alot of construction and maintenance activities too.

For ISO certifications, from my knowledge of it, Yes ISO Certifications are very useful too. There are those that directly apply to Occupational Health, Quality, Environment etc. Talk of Occupational Health & Safety for instance we have ISO 45001:2018 for instance. You can read things up sir. Google can help.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Ifeconwaba(m): 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2019
drakeli:
Going to hustle in Dubai comes with a lot of challenges. Be careful about where you house yourself. UAE is a land of bedbugs cheesy grin

After three months of unsuccessful frantic effort to land a job in UAE, I returned to Nigeria with a load of bed bugs and their eggs hiding in every sewing edges of my suitcase without me knowing. Can you imagine bringing bedbugs on a plane with you? I declared a total war on my bedbug infested suitcase the very day I landed. The room where I stayed for the whole three months was an overcrowded room with a lot of double decker beds like a hostel with all their mattresses laden with bed bugs hiding in them.

Although my visit to Dubai was never a waste because it eventually served as a travel experience for me in getting my US visa.

Be warned!!!
hello boss can we discuss I need some information from you?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Ernesthugo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
kellycute:
if u are a lady, yes. If you are a guy, grin nope. Kidding!!! How far na
please i wud be in uae,wud u guide as a gud friend.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by stonecoldcafe: 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
Champagnemami:
You people didn't lemme finish my story. I would have gone on to tell how people stay here people would not lemme be.

I have no intention of working in Dubai but I love threads like this with first hand experience of life in other countries. But this thread was massively hijacked. Why not continue this thread in the diary section?

Its about travel but then its capturing your daily experience in Dubai. Request the moderator leaves your thread there n not move it back here undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.