Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (153629 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Starkid3010(m): 5:56pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Lol. But you're spoiling the money with your English, that's the point...
sis the difference is he's after money why you're after silly mistakes
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by samtol4(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
Until you leave Nigeria you will not know that generator noise is not part of life

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by midnighter(f): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
Starkid3010:
sis the difference is he's after money why you're after silly mistakes

Who is after any mistake? Obviously you didn't read my post

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by samtol4(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2019
You need three things before you relocate to any country.1.money 2.information 3.Practical skills

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by midnighter(f): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2019

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by samtol4(m): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Lol. I'm sure that he actually earns that kind of money but I don't expect somebody of his stature to talk the way he is talking.

He's acting razz which is reducing the significance of that money in my opinion

At least after all the exposure he would have some class

How can you quote your salary in public just to impress a bunch of strangers? So what of all the millionaires who pass through the site daily Is it not embarrassing
baffles me

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by midnighter(f): 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
samtol4:
baffles me

Hian

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by samtol4(m): 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Hian
Someone even went further to post id card !

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by midnighter(f): 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
samtol4:
Some even went further to post id card ! Haba i don't to convince anyone of my status

Was it the passport quarrel?

At least that person was trying to prove a point about the employer snatching passports which is what we are discussing.

This one he's giving his salary down to the penny for no reason and covering it with insults. You're just cursing yourself and your own money over nothing

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Jamestown123: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Lol. I'm sure that he actually earns that kind of money but I don't expect somebody of his stature to talk the way he is talking.

He's acting razz which is reducing the significance of that money in my opinion

At least after all the exposure he would have some class

How can you quote your salary in public just to impress a bunch of strangers? So what of all the millionaires who pass through the site daily Is it not embarrassing
To much talk talk. Good for him though, him money him mouth
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by midnighter(f): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
Jamestown123:
To much talk talk. Good for him though, him money him mouth

Lol nahin sabi
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by budaatum: 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
I found this. Its not an endorsement! Note it gives "beginning salary". Experienced nurses might earn more.

Nursing in Dubai

Dubai is a booming metropolis with a huge demand for a professional, hard-working nurse such as yourself. The rapid growth of Dubai may be over, but the expansion of the city has left room for health care professionals to move in and really make a difference to an exciting new city and its population.

If you’re sick of working in your current job with too little pay, too few benefits and no prospects then a change to a nursing job in Dubai may be exactly what you need.

Nursing in Dubai | Salary
The average salary expected for a nurse in Dubai is estimated to be between 2,500-10,000 UAD which equates to approximately $800-2500, £450-1600 or €525-2000.

The beginning salary for a nurse in Dubai is dependent on qualification and position as well as whether the hospital is funded privately or by the government. A huge advantage of nursing in Dubai however is that your income will be tax-free. Furthermore many nursing jobs in Dubai come with a wide range of benefits including insurance, accommodation allowance and travel expenses.

This is true of any nursing position worldwide, and wages much higher than this can be expect if you are hired for a nursing position within a company or for a private family.

Your recruitment agency or employer will have more details on your expected salary should you enquire.

Nursing in Dubai | Requirements
In order to begin your journey towards nursing in Dubai there are some requirements that you are going to have to meet. Namely, you are going to have the appropriate Nursing qualification to practice nursing in your home country and have no interruption in your nursing practice for more than 2 years. You are then required to pass the assessment set forth by the Dubai Health Authority. For more information on the requirements click here.

You will also be expected to have the appropriate working permits and Visas.

Advantages of Nursing in Dubai
There are a whole host of advantages to taking a nursing job in Dubai beyond just the warm climate and beautiful scenery. One of the most commonly cited is that earned income is tax free. This means that every UAD that you earn will yours to keep. Paid leave for nurses in Dubai is often very good too, with many roles offering up to 40 days paid holiday for full time workers.

Furthermore the employment benefits that many immigrating nurses receive when taking a job in Dubai are very generous. It is very common for nurses to receive free accommodation or a housing allowance. Alongside this many employers will also include dental, health and life insurance alongside travel allowances. These travel allowances will often fund both travel to the workplace as well as flights back to the country of origin for a nurse. Nurses with children can also receive an educational allowance for their children to go through school.

Disadvantages of Nursing in Dubai
The biggest disadvantage to pursuing your nursing career in Dubai is that you will usually be expected to work a slightly longer working week of 48 hours than the typical 40 hour work week is the USA, UK and many parts of Europe. Arguably this is not a big issue as Dubai health authorities tend to be stricter about the amount of overtime nurses can work, and so you are unlikely to be loaded with extra hours on top of this.

The language barrier for many will be the biggest issue. The official language of Dubai is Arabic, a non-Latin language. The fact that English is the second language of Dubai will come as a relief to many considering a move to Dubai to be a nurse. There are currently over 100,000 British expatriates so you will be far from alone if you’re moving to Dubai as a Westerner!

Due to the fact Dubai is often considered an “international city” the Islamic laws in the city tend to be more lax than in other Islamic parts of the Middle East. It is not a requirement to wear traditional coverings for either men or women; instead it is only asked that you maintain a level of decency. Alcohol is also served in hundreds of bars and hotels across the city too thanks to the booming tourist industry in Dubai.

© Copyright 2013 - Nursing in Dubai
Powered by WordPress ⋅ Theme Paradise

https://www.nursingindubai.org/

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Americanboy35: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
ogbonti:

Stop reading classified section on Gulf News or Al Khaleej Times. Those are fraudulent jobs meant to make the UAE look like a good destination to realize ones dreams. Those jobs don’t exist, period! Even if any exist, do you see where they say US educated and US experience ONLY? ok oooo so how can someone who is fleeing Ikorodu get that job with BSc from Unilag assuming the job even exist?
Bro, that your someone fleeing ikorodu got me cracking up seriously grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by famzynet: 11:04pm On Dec 13, 2019
You imagine a thread that was sweet had been ruined with abuses.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingspin(m): 2:00am On Dec 14, 2019
kellycute:
you are right but it is better to equip yourself with the necessary skills that can shoot u to the top. Dubai is a goldmine I swear but people won't believe me. Get the required qualifications as a professional... Boom.. U don blow.
100% correct. Getting ready for such an opportunity
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingspin(m): 2:23am On Dec 14, 2019
Kingchineme6:
Good morning friends, please I need an urgent solution on this my issue. I went to Murtala Muhammed International Airport(MMIA) Lagos to leave for Dubai not knowing that my Departing Airport is Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja. So am asking whether is possible for the airport to switch location for me.
Some airlines you have to pay an additional money maybe quarter/half of the flight ticket if you had called immediately or within the time frame you missed your flight. Otherwise you don book/pay another full ticket oo.

But call your airline first, Facebook them now

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingchineme6(m): 3:52am On Dec 14, 2019
Kingspin:
Some airlines you have to pay an additional money maybe quarter/half of the flight ticket if you had called immediately or within the time frame you missed your flight. Otherwise you don book/pay another full ticket oo.

But call your airline first, Facebook them now
thanks
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 14, 2019
kellycute:
it will be every difficult to get a safety job in Dubai from Nigeria. It is better to be here to increase your chances of landing a safety job. All the best bro!
[color=#006600][/color]

Boss, I sent you an email regarding the NEBOSH International Diploma materials, I am yet to receive it.

Thanks
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ogbonti: 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin
Americanboy35:

Bro, that your someone fleeing ikorodu got me cracking up seriously grin
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by AdeTolu29: 10:08am On Dec 15, 2019
Hello house i have a question about banks in uae...

I recently saw a thread here on nairaland that said UAE banks dont open bank accounts for Nigerians....

Please if i come in on a freelance visa can i get a bank account for my online business
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Back2seder: 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
ogbonti:

Shorrop there you liar, many years ago.... I opened my current account at Emirates Bank also known as “ MeBank” the one close to Al Baniyyas Square in Deira. I was given a check book and the check book is still with me today just as a souvenir or reminder of my stay at the UAE. I was entitled to a check book and a debit card too and so many privileges and the ONLY prerequisite to have this account was my UAE residence visa on my passport and the work permit.

I was not allowed to have a credit card because I was told the only way I can get a credit card is if I have proof of earning up to 10,000 Dirhams a month. This was my personal experience

Fast forward to even last year a friend of mine who graduated from the American University in Dubai (AUD) at the Jumeirah area who lives permanently in Dubai doing business just took a cousin of his down there and he has a residence visa as just a student and he has a checking account with a check book so

WHY ARE YOU BLOWING FABU on Nairaland ?

Getting a CREDIT CARD there is a very big deal NOT checking account with the right to own a check book. Guy shift, you are a big liar

Moreover most real estate leasing or renting of residential areas in low cost housing at places where even very poor Indians or Bangladeshi people live at Al Karama for instance take monthly president either by check or online payment as long as they have copies of your UAE document with a verification “affidavits” from Dubai Police. This is a fact and what I know!!!!!

You can deceive people who have never been to or lived in the UAE not ME, ok?

please
what are the career prospect for an Estate Surveyor and Valuer in UAE.
thank you
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingchineme6(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
Champagnemami:
The Dubai visa is one of the easiest to get.
You may have plans to come work in the UAE, that plan comes to fruition, but not once would you find yourself attending any embassy for some interview.
**you gonna find that i keep using Dubai and UAE interchangeably. Its just a force of habit, so kindly overlook. Dubai visa is UAE visa**

There are different types of visa for accessing the UAE. The stay period varies, ranging from 96 hours transit, to 30days, to 2years. For a prospective working expatriate, the most common visa options are the 90 days visit visa, and the 2years resident. Yeah you read right. In Dubai, if you're not a local i.e, a UAE national, and you 'legitly' live and work here, you're referred to as an expatriate, unlike in other European countries where most africans are called migrant workers.

You might wonder how its possible to live in Dubai illegally considering how strict and expensive the system can be but I tell you there are many persons here especially my African brothers who are here illegally. Such ones are in for some possible jail time, immigration ban, and definitely (more likely than not) monetary fines which is no small amount as its charged per overstay on a daily, once the system is able to flush you out.

These ones on extensive overstay who cant afford the penalties hardly ever see the beauty of Dubai cos you're just there - you can't be employed, you fret at the sight of the police, you cant ask to be deported cos they'll rather throw you in jail, even the commonest of jobs is not available- all you do is spend, no income and even your paddies go dey dodge you, cos over here, its every man for himself
Thanks bro, planning to come there by ending of the year
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by webme(m): 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2019
Champagnemami:
So I've been in the UAE for all of two years and boy has it been venturesome and hygge?

I've always wanted to write about my struggles in this seducing desert city but just never found the time.

'UAE' is a proper noun but I can't help myself, cry its always 'the UAE' to me.

I'll be taking y'all through steps on how i got here, how I got a means of livelihood, the stress and joy that comes with the job and all that.

Stay tuned.

I hope is easy bcoz I have someone who went there recently and came back to start business he said he won't do
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Mcslize: 12:33am On Dec 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol. But you're spoiling the money with your English, that's the point...

This seems like audio money o. I can as well claim I have $500,000 in my dormicilary account. In Rudeboy voice: Na audio ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by midnighter(f): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2019
Mcslize:

This seems like audio money o. I can as well claim I have $500,000 in my dormicilary account. In Rudeboy voice: Na audio ooooooo

Lol cheesy No, I believe him actually. If I didnt, I wouldnt have quoted him.

I am sure he actually earns that money which is why I objected to the way he was displaying it
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by koolengrtimmy(m): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2019
@kellycute , i want to send you a mail soon regarding construction jobs.
All docs are attestated already.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by twnklshop: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2019
Lynx001:
AMERICAN ONLINE FORUM
My name is kelly sanders. I want to tell u my experience living and working in the uae.
.,.......*
bill george. Wow nice. Continue.
mark sanderson:be a good citizen. We are waiting for more updates on the thread.
kelly sanders: sorry for keeping you waiting.
*continues story*
NIGERIAN ONLINE FORUM
my name is champagnemami let me tell you my living and working experience in uae.
*..,.........' ,........*
mr ike:my brother is in uae. his line is not going. How do i locate him.
femi:am a graduate of unilag. Bsc poultry science. how do i get tanzanian visa.
ahmed:stupid arabs. Y dem seize ur passports. Slave trade.
okoro:u fit marry wife there.
peter: cöntact me for congo visa.
slaymama: op i prefèr kuwait.(hijacks thread. Release her own story).
johnbull.slaymama pls should i do my masters in kuwait or greece.
akpan. Johnbull ur papa. U no hear say greece get new president. No more student visa.
tayo. Cöntact me 4 bitcoins.
NAIJA WHY!!!

Lol. Everyone for Naija Online Forum don happen but nobody don talk say make dem contact am for cryptocurrency. So I dey yarn that one now make the Naija Online Forum dey complete. Contact me for Rainbow Currency, this cryptocurrency get sub coin wey we dey call Twnkl Vacation Coin (TVC). You fit buy Rainbow Currency and use some of it to buy TVC and e go help you travel abroad for vacation at very cheap price. Even if you no wan travel abroad you fit buy am and keep am for some months or years and sell at a higher price. Anyone wey contact me from this thread I go give am special discount.

Now Naija Online Forum don dey complete.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Mcslize: 11:35am On Dec 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol cheesy No, I believe him actually. If I didnt, I wouldnt have quoted him.

I am sure he actually earns that money which is why I objected to the way he was displaying it

I see!
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingomat: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
NONNYG:
What type of visa you have ? 90 days single entry or 60 days employment? Is it verifiable?

Shine your eyes, a lot of people are stranded at the Dubai airport all in the name of SOMEONE FROM THE COMPANY WILL COME AND PICK ME

Agents has rendered thousands of people useless here

Be guided

Thanks so much . I haven’t used this feature on NL before so it took me days before I knew question had been answered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.