Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do (5567 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
majamajic:

u Don't know anything about South , they only have a better government , individually they behave like idiots

LOL, you are not a very smart dude,are you ?. Is the government not made up of individual South Africans working together?

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by CSTR2: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lionessza6:

Don't want to qoute all of your misinformed posts about this ,so I will summarise it all here.

There is nothing wrong with the power sector of South Africa, the crisis is man made. There are people who want to private the sector.

And yes ,the minister is black, don't know how that is important though, but I guess you will let me know when you respond.
Of course, it is man made. That is what we have been saying.
Corruption and decay brought about by incompetent men.
And you are just under 70 million. You are not even half of Nigeria's population yet, so the demand for power is not as high.

With regards to the relevance of his skin colour.
Well I am sure my point is clear.

I can't think of much in South Africa that has improved under black rule.

Most of what is good in South Africa was already good or even better under arpatheid.

As bitter as it is to say.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

Of course, it is man made. That is what we have been saying.
Corruption and decay brought about by incompetent men.
And you are just under 70 million. You are not even half of Nigeria's population yet, so the demand for power is not as high.

With regards to the relevance of his skin colour.
Well I am sure my point is clear.

I can't think of much in South Africa that has improved under black rule.

Most of what is good in South Africa was already good or even better under arpatheid.

As bitter as it is to say.

Decay of what ?. This has nothing to do with incompetence, people who ran the utility to profitability & had a good track record in maintenance were fired to make way for people who would deliberately collapse the company .

Most of the electricity generated in South Africa has always gone to the mining sector ,not private homes, so I don't understand why you would even bring up population .

You can't think of much ,because clearly you don't know much. The apartheid government built infrastructure for 10% of the population ,so where do you think the rest of us fit in right now ? grin. You do know that the biggest * middle class * in SA is black( as it should have been ) ,do you think that population lives in townships?. I may not be a fan of the ANC,but they definitely deserve some applause for infrastructural development . Over 1500 health care facilities, two big power plants, thousands of schools & houses for the poor . Rail expansion to poor areas. Tarred roads in townships & now villages. Dams, giving all townships piped water ,& now almost all villages. Brt system,underground train, new airports & the expansion & maintenance of existing ones. I could go on, & yes they have failed in many major things but not in infrastructure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lionessza6:

LOL, wow close to a million people are victims of human trafficking? grin. Why didn't they take up the opportunity to leave when Airpeace offered to " rescue " them ?.
A million people? 600 destitutes? My dear, seems you have noodles in your brain
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
Even Zimbabweans that have their country in close proximity can't be up to a million, let alone Nigerians
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nonymine:

A million people? 600 destitutes? My dear, seems you have noodles in your brain

LOL, perhaps I do. So only 600 human trafficking victims were willing to be " rescued" ? Why are the rest still around ?
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

Are you up to 80 million?

You are generating more than enough power.

It is just corruption and decay setting in.

56 million

Its not enough cos mining and manufacturing takes up more energy.

Lack of maintenance as most power stations are old and corruption may also be contributing to the problem
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by CSTR2: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Austine1212:

56 million

Its not enough cos mining and manufacturing takes up more energy.

Lack of maintenance as most power stations are old and corruption may also be contributing to the problem
You generate enough power. Inefficiency is the problem.

Your excuse is virtually what Nigerian govt use.
We have a lot of manufacturing in Nigeria too and the population is actually very very big.

But that is no excuse for poor power.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

We have a lot of manufacturing in Nigeria too and the population is actually very very big.

Ineffificiency in what department exactly ? grin.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by nokatakata: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
South Africa is what it is today because of the whites. if the white people in South Africa leave today and hands off everything including the numerous investments, south africa will crash within 1 month and become an IDP camp. The whites use their brain better than we blacks that's why they develop their countries and our foolish african leaders steal money from africa and run to UK, US and other developed countries to hide money and buy properties. That's why many africans are ready to die to travel to any of these countries.

If UK or US should take over Nigeria today, in the next 3 to four years, you will see things turn around. even if they steal money, they will still build the necessary infrastructure that the ordinary man will benefit from and it will be very glaring for people to see the development by the whites.

Infact if a country like the USA decide to do an exchange and tell all Nigerians to move to the USA and they move to NIgeria to start all over again, in less than 10 years time, you will still see Nigerians running to the embassy to queue for visa to come back to Nigeria because we would have destroyed whatever the whites left in the USA and want to come back to enjoy what the whites have suffered to build in Nigeria.

So don't rate South africa at all. na white people make am develop. e be like say the black man is cursed.

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

Im not making excuses

Greed and corruption is what is causing it
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 6:39am On Dec 15, 2019
Austine1212:

Im not making excuses

Greed and corruption is what is causing it
I see now you are facing facts and not coming here to deceive us or make it look like South Africa is heaven on earth.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 15, 2019
Lionessza6:

LOL, perhaps I do. So only 600 human trafficking victims were willing to be " rescued" ? Why are the rest still around ?
The point is, your sense of insecurity by foreigners clouds you guys judgments most times. 1 million my a*s
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2019
nokatakata:
South Africa is what it is today because of the whites. if the white people in South Africa leave today and hands off everything including the numerous investments, south africa will crash within 1 month and become an IDP camp. The whites use their brain better than we blacks that's why they develop their countries and our foolish african leaders steal money from africa and run to UK, US and other developed countries to hide money and buy properties. That's why many africans are ready to die to travel to any of these countries.

If UK or US should take over Nigeria today, in the next 3 to four years, you will see things turn around. even if they steal money, they will still build the necessary infrastructure that the ordinary man will benefit from and it will be very glaring for people to see the development by the whites.

Infact if a country like the USA decide to do an exchange and tell all Nigerians to move to the USA and they move to NIgeria to start all over again, in less than 10 years time, you will still see Nigerians running to the embassy to queue for visa to come back to Nigeria because we would have destroyed whatever the whites left in the USA and want to come back to enjoy what the whites have suffered to build in Nigeria.

So don't rate South africa at all. na white people make am develop. e be like say the black man is cursed.
They're scared to be like Zim lol
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 7:38am On Dec 15, 2019
Nonymine:

The point is, your sense of insecurity by foreigners clouds you guys judgments most times. 1 million my a*s

LOL, so I'm guessing I'm not going to get the answer to why * human trafficking victims* didn't want to be rescued?. I don't want your opinions of us ,just the answer to my question.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2019
Lionessza6:

LOL, so I'm guessing I'm not going to get the answer to why * human trafficking victims* didn't want to be rescued?. I don't want your opinions of us ,just the answer to my question.
I'm only countering your claim of 1 million Nigerians residing in SA. I guess your cut off is 30% too? hence thinking faculty not being applied to context?
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2019
Nonymine:

I'm only countering your claim of 1 million Nigerians residing in SA. I guess your cut off is 30% too? hence thinking faculty not being applied to context?

Yes ,it is. Let's say that there were 5000 Nigerians( mostly trafficking victims, according to you) in SA, why did they reject the *rescue mission * by Airpeace ? grin.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 15, 2019
Lionessza6:

Yes ,it is. Let's say that there were 5000 Nigerians( mostly trafficking victims, according to you) in SA, why did they reject the *rescue mission * by Airpeace ? grin.
Young lady, you're not making sense anymore
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 15, 2019
happy200:
I see now you are facing facts and not coming here to deceive us or make it look like South Africa is heaven on earth.

No country is heaven on earth

Just that some has mos shits than the other

I mean US has more human rights shits than North korea
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2019
happy200:

Corruption is no secret its being reported in SA media

Government don't control media thats a plus
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 10:01am On Dec 15, 2019
Nonymine:

Young lady, you're not making sense anymore

Like I said I don't give a damn if the actual number of Nigerians in South Africa, is close to a million as both governments predict, or there is only 2000 of them . I qouted someone who claimed that most Nigerians in SA are human trafficking victims ,so if that's the case why didn't they jump at the chance to be * rescued * by Airpeace? cheesy. Any other personal opinions about me, SA, SAns & the rest of Africa, I really am not interested in .

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2019
Lionessza6:

Like I said I don't give a damn if the actual number of Nigerians in South Africa, is close to a million as both governments predict, or there is only 2000 of them . I qouted someone who claimed that most Nigerians in SA are human trafficking victims ,so if that's the case why didn't they jump at the chance to be * rescued * by Airpeace? cheesy. Any other personal opinions about me, SA, SAns & the rest of Africa, I really am not interested in .
Now you're being emotional, emojis won't hide it
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2019
Nonymine:

Now you're being emotional, emojis won't hide it

LOL, take note of the last part of my post wink.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2019
nokatakata:

Befor many villages didnt have electricity, clean running water, paved roads, street lights, world class sports facilities, many didnt have access to services but today they have under a black government.

Thats development.

Look at many places before and after 1994 they look like new places
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by nokatakata: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2019
Austine1212:

Befor many villages didnt have electricity, clean running water, paved roads, street lights, world class sports facilities, many didnt have access to services but today they have under a black government.

Thats development.

Who built the roads , street lights and world class facilities?
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 15, 2019
nokatakata:

Blacks

Black government
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by darkwan: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2019
Angelcoco:

Um no. Why are Nigerian men so pathetic?

who the fvck are you callin pathetic here....??
you thing you are not pathetic too....??
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2019
nokatakata:

grin grin grin Now I get where that long opinion you passed was coming from .I mean,where can you find black people that are capable of undertaking such complicated projects? grin grin grin grin. Nowhere grin.

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2019
Lionessza6:

grin grin grin Now I get where that long opinion you passed was coming from .I mean,where can you find black people that are capable of undertaking such complicated projects? grin grin grin grin. Nowhere grin.

:-D :-D ;-D
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by LeSudAfricaine: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
darkwan:
i dont think south africa is a nation to be takin seriously....

nigeria should better concentrate on america,russia,china and others....
south africa is nothing....
Reality on the ground says otherwise
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2019
Austine1212:

Thats development.

It's all thanks to BEE, BBBEE, BBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEE. Take from where you never contributed, We've seen the mentality manifest from xenophobic attacks right from 2008. Looting!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. / Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 / Abuja CSOs Staged Peaceful Rally At PHNC HQ Over Increase In Electricity Tarif

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.