Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do (5566 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by IronGalaxy: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2019
majamajic:
I prefer Nigeria to South Africa , we reason better than them as human, though they have a better government , but individually they behave like animals
This got to be an oxymoron of the century
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by IronGalaxy: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
dignity33:
my friend can you please stop being childish and be matured . South Africa since black rule from 1994 has development more than Nigeria since independent, South Africa never stop new innovation competing with western European countries if you don't know anything about South Africa pls kindly keep quite.
You will be insulted no doubt
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Litmus: 1:06am On Dec 13, 2019
AghaAguike:
Lol I'm waiting for the other oyinbo worshippers and self-appointed HIV/AIDS statisticians to come and derail what could be a positive thread. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING U ON N.L. U TALK FRIENDLY AND MATURE, KEEP IT UP. HAVING SAID THAT, I WISH TO LET U KNOW THAT BEHAVIOUR VARIES AND AS SUCH I WILL ADVICE U COUNTINUE TOLERATE AND ENJOY MY NIGERIA BROTHERS WHICH I HAVE SEEN THAT U HAVE ALREADY SPEAKING NIGERIA ENGLISH. ENJOY UR FUN.

Talking about Oyinbo worshipers, please explain this town in South Africa, Orania:

Twenty-five years after apartheid, black people cannot live and work in this small South African city: https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/oct/24/an-indictment-of-south-africa-whites-only-town-orania-is-booming
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Litmus: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oranians claim the town is a cultural project, not a racial one. Only Afrikaners are allowed to live and work there to preserve Afrikaner culture, the argument goes.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
idid:
Please don't compare us, Nigeria is way better than South Africa you guys, only need to sort out your governance issues and you will be celebrated forever.

Look at the desecration of law by the Presidency for example, how can you draw in investors with that?
well said from a South African
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
zhike:

Individual they behave like animals - serious?
Do they kill each other in the name of tribalism?
do they capture school girls?
do they have rebel problem?
haven't you South Africans deceived us enough? Pls let us be, you made us think like south Africa is heaven. Pls we are getting things right now. Go and enjoy your higher taxed country.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
zhike:

kindly give us examples
Nigeria is getting it right now pls leave us alone man.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by darkwan: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
i dont think south africa is a nation to be takin seriously....

nigeria should better concentrate on america,russia,china and others....
south africa is nothing....
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
Austine1212:
Really?

Better reasoning? People who always throw swear words, name calling when arguments gets tough!
Nigeria is getting it right now okay?
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by darkwan: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
south africa is absolutly nothing....
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
IronGalaxy:
is it? And this is coming from the land of Boko Haram? Ritual killings capital, 2nd country in the world in open defecation, 2nd country in the world in child marriages, legendary scammers, drug traffickers, human traffickers etc look yourself in the mirror, there's a reason many countries can't tolerate Nigerians
your country deceived lots of African countries, South Africa is not heaven only some Nigerians who are ignorant are being deceived.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Angelcoco:

Um no. Why are Nigerian men so pathetic?
you can't compare South African tax rate to Nigeria's pls keep dieing in silence to yourself.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2019
IronGalaxy:
oh I see, you are of those mislead by media that says we are killing Nigerians . Lol
you South Africans don't usually tell the world the reality in South Africa. Raging from tax, crime, unrest, protests, killing, house and shop breaking e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2019
IronGalaxy:
and how do Nigerians act the world over that had made them so unwelcome in many countries? I'll wait
most of the Nigerians you find in South Africa are victims of human traffickers, any Nigerian who know South Africa very well will never go there.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
soilsista:
Lol I'm waiting for the other oyinbo worshippers and self-appointed HIV/AIDS statisticians to come and derail what could be a positive thread.
tell the world truth about yourself (South African) I mean what you are facing their presently.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
zhike:

You are very right my dear. children at primary school and secondary school they get free lunch every school day in South Africa. orphan children are getting govt grant in SA. Poor people are getting free houses in SA.
tell us your tax rate, rent, water and Electricity bills.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
soilsista:

Akere? Ba lapisha batho ba! The sooner they channel all this envy into something positive the better for them.

Like, they come here to spew their hate, jealousy, envy, whatever. After they logout, nothing has changed for them.

Is it worth it? I don't think so.
until you are ready to tell us the truth and reality in South Africa read my replies.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Ojiofor: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2019
majamajic:

u Don't know anything about South , they only have a better government , individually they behave like idiots

The good government in SA comes amongst the very people you called idiots while smart and noble nigerians makes one of the worst, corrupt criminal government in the world.

3 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2019
Odinaka00:
I'm a Nigerian live in Jhb.. Since 1994 blacks have been ruling S.A... There is still steady power which Nigerians can't boost of.. There is clean water here. You don't even need to treat it cuz it's already treated.. Just go to your tap and pour water and drink... Their roads including high ways which we call express roads in Naija are still intact.. If you drive in their highways you would think that you 're driving in New York.. Their education is still number one in Africa.. Hospitals on point.. These are things that our government can't provide for us with all our resources and you guys are still here supporting these evil politicians . I don talk am before; una deserve this evil Government.. I don dey build my family outside Naija.. Na only visit I go dey visit dey commot.. Useless country.. Even as I no longer dey Naija that country still dey vex me.. Instead of youths to come together and fight their c'mon enemies the government, they are here fighting... I heard Some Niger delta miscreants gave Igbos 7 days to apologize for beating Rotimi Amaechi. Wetin Romiti don do for una? Nonsense idiots... Even if Hausa people kill Orji Uzor Kalu; TA Orji and Okezie Ikpeazu today; I go thank them wella.. Una go dey Naija dey suffer still dey support people wey dey make una suffer. Una mumu nor dey ever Do? Una nor wan get sense ni? Thunder fire una there.. Mumu people
make una no mind this one, he is one of those people that was trafficked to South Africa also wants to deceive others. Why you no dey tell us the rent wey you dey pay their every month, the light wey you dey pay, the water wey you dey pay, and how xenophobia dey posue you up and down, and how them dey arrest you up and down for nothing. And how them no dey gree you work for their.

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by happy200(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
happy200:
haven't you South Africans deceived us enough? Pls let us be, you made us think like south Africa is heaven. Pls we are getting things right now. Go and enjoy your higher taxed country.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by soilsista(f): 6:16am On Dec 14, 2019
happy200:
tell the world truth about yourself (South African) I mean what you are facing their presently.
Hebanna
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2019
IronGalaxy:
oh I see, you are of those mislead by media that says we are killing Nigerians . Lol
Nigerians have been quiet for such a long time while the killing of their compatriots goes on in south Africa unabated. Recent xenophobic attacks took 5 Nigerian lives; 3 by hostel dwellers (hit and run) the rest (unconfirmed: SAPS). I know your government is scared, that should mean something I guess undecided but they know the truth and they know what's at stake.

One thing I personally observed during my time in SA, is SAcans don't independently seek truths, but subscribes heavily to their media and in turn 'what the government says'. My dear, it's very easy to control you lots! I could start a big issue like last time by instigating a rumor 'A Nigerian killed a bunch of SAcans' ......Blood will get hot, properties destroyed etc. Your minds have been conditioned!
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2019
happy200:
you South Africans don't usually tell the world the reality in South Africa. Raging from tax, crime, unrest, protests, killing, house and shop breaking e.t.c

Tax - money used for infrastructure, free education, social grants, etc taxes help out the poor....

Crime - it is very high, but is being combacted by employing more than 5000 police officers

Unrest/protest - there are unrests when there is a displeasure with government or any other thing

Killing/house/shop breaking - like every country there are killings in south africa,,,,, it happens some which may be attributed to the pourous Mozambican boarder to SA many unlicensed firearms comes through that side and many stolen cars from SA.

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2019
happy200:

No country is heaven

Who made you believe that SA is heaven? Lol you believed them?

Theres no heaven on earth
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by CSTR2: 8:20am On Dec 14, 2019
Austine1212:

Dude its south african after all, whether black white pink purple it doesn't matter

You'll be suprised to see how SA changed since 1994 to the better
I don't think so.
South Africa has deteriorated in many ways.
They now have power cuts.

Though they are still miles better than Nigeria
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

I don't think so.

I wouldnt say deteriorated, it needs more power generation as the population has grown

Yeah its a scheduled power cut rotation of two hours per day, many SA power stations are very old new ones are needed. Others are not finished yet.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

I don't think so.

Im south african by the way
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by CSTR2: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
Austine1212:

I wouldnt say deteriorated, it needs more power generation as the population has grown

Yeah its a scheduled power cut rotation of two hours per day, many SA power stations are very old new ones are needed. Others are not finished yet.
Are you up to 80 million?

You are generating more than enough power.

It is just corruption and decay setting in.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

Are you up to 80 million?

You are generating more than enough power.

It is just corruption and decay setting in.
Naaaaah, he'll argue that. Anything their media says holds
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by CSTR2: 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nonymine:

Nah, he'll argue that. Anything their media says holds
I won't be surprised if their minister of energy is a black South African.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

I won't be surprised if their minister of energy is a black South African.

Don't want to qoute all of your misinformed posts about this ,so I will summarise it all here.

There is nothing wrong with the power sector of South Africa, the crisis is man made. There are people who want to privatise the sector.

And yes ,the minister is black, don't know how that is important though, but I guess you will let me know when you respond.

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Lionessza6(f): 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
happy200:
most of the Nigerians you find in South Africa are victims of human traffickers, any Nigerian who know South Africa very well will never go there.

LOL, wow close to a million people are victims of human trafficking? grin. Why didn't they take up the opportunity to leave when Airpeace offered to " rescue " them ?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is Not Village Stream: See A River-like Road In Owerri Metropolis. / How Tinubu Fought Me With Charms When I Was His Deputy – Kofo Bucknor / Caption This Trending Picture Of Peter Obi In Court today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.