Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do (5560 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by zhike: 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nonymine:
Let see them grab the lands back from the whites lol. Then we'll know who's responsible and who owns the lands. All this blacks did what and what will disappear quickly. F*cking kids

inferior mindset

3 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Horus(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSTWMfXr8GQ

Nigeria Vs South Africa 1960 to 2019

This video shows the ranking of Nigeria and South Africa based on their Gross Domestic Product and Population. While Africa is home to some of the world’s poorest nations, many of the countries on this continent are going quite well for themselves. One of the best ways to measure is by taking a look at the purchasing gross domestic product – or GDP – of a nation. This is the value of the goods and services that come from a nation for a period of one year. It helps reduce differences in the cost of living and exchange rates, providing more accurate results.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by zhike: 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
This topics proved that many Nigerians are having Inferior Mindset.

2 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by soilsista(f): 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
IronGalaxy:
it's because they use envy to reason not logic
Lol that's why they will remain stagnant. Instead of facing the truth they're busy living in denial and priding themselves in nothing...

Lol Giant of Africa!

3 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by zhike: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
soilsista:

Lol that's why they will remain stagnant. Instead of facing the truth they're busy living in denial and priding themselves in nothing...

Lol Giant of Africa!

i like what you just wrote

2 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by soilsista(f): 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
zhike:

i like what you just wrote
Akere? Ba lapisha batho ba! The sooner they channel all this envy into something positive the better for them.

Like, they come here to spew their hate, jealousy, envy, whatever. After they logout, nothing has changed for them.

Is it worth it? I don't think so.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
zhike:

inferior mindset
What propelled you to open this thread on a Nigerian platform? Superior mindset? Tsek!

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by zhike: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
soilsista:

Akere? Ba lapisha batho ba! The sooner they channel all this envy into something positive the better for them.

Like, they come here to spew their hate, jealousy, envy, whatever. After they logout, nothing has changed for them.

Warra ba a tshwenya batho ba.
re swanetje re ba botje nnete.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by johnpablo541(m): 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nigeria also had lots of white people living in Nigeria before independence and after independence.

What happened to the companies the white men founded after independence in Nigeria.

We have a very terrible attitude. We had a lot of white people living and working in warri back then when i was little. But our bad attitude chased those companies away.

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by zhike: 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
johnpablo541:
Nigeria also had lots of white people living in Nigeria before independence and after independence.

What happened to the companies the white men founded after independence in Nigeria.

We have a very terrible attitude. We had a lot of white people living and working in warri back then when i was little. But our bad attitude chased those companies away.

good point.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by zhike: 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nonymine:
What propelled you to open this thread on a Nigerian platform? Superior mindset? Tsek!

OK, Nigerians are starting Zenophobia on this forum....
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by soilsista(f): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
zhike:

Warra ba a tshwenya batho ba.
re swanetje re ba botje nnete.
Gomme ye, o tlo bolela wa be wa lapa! Ba e kgantja ka kudu. You can't tell them anything.

Kana kamo it's English only weshu! Otherwise you get banned undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Angelcoco: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
soilsista:

I'm Nigerian and I agree The vast majority of Nigerians are cowards.
They'll blame tribalism on their problems but they forget nigeria isn't the only place with tribes

2 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by IronGalaxy: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
zhike:

OK, Nigerians are starting Zenophobia on this forum....
what did you expect?
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Odinaka00(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
I'm a Nigerian live in Jhb.. Since 1994 blacks have been ruling S.A... There is still steady power which Nigerians can't boost of.. There is clean water here. You don't even need to treat it cuz it's already treated.. Just go to your tap and pour water and drink... Their roads including high ways which we call express roads in Naija are still intact.. If you drive in their highways you would think that you 're driving in New York.. Their education is still number one in Africa.. Hospitals on point.. These are things that our government can't provide for us with all our resources and you guys are still here supporting these evil politicians . I don talk am before; una deserve this evil Government.. I don dey build my family outside Naija.. Na only visit I go dey visit dey commot.. Useless country.. Even as I no longer dey Naija that country still dey vex me.. Instead of youths to come together and fight their c'mon enemies the government, they are here fighting... I heard Some Niger delta miscreants gave Igbos 7 days to apologize for beating Rotimi Amaechi. Wetin Romiti don do for una? Nonsense idiots... Even if Hausa people kill Orji Uzor Kalu; TA Orji and Okezie Ikpeazu today; I go thank them wella.. Una go dey Naija dey suffer still dey support people wey dey make una suffer. Una mumu nor dey ever Do? Una nor wan get sense ni? Thunder fire una there.. Mumu people

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by IronGalaxy: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
zhike:
true

2 Likes

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by soilsista(f): 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
Angelcoco:

I'm Nigerian and I agree The vast majority of Nigerians are cowards.
They'll blame tribalism on their problems but they forget nigeria isn't the only place with tribes
Thank you for this. The rest are in denial, basking in the false euphoria of being the big brother of Africa and everyone's helper.

It's sad.

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by obidark: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
south africa is not better than nigeria in anyway....
if you dont believe me,then go and see for yourself....
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by obidark: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
zhike:

oo,they have that a lot....

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Prompto: 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
Igbo built it for them n they should come n build Nigeria too.

zhike:
Yesterday a South African won miss Universe.
This year they won a bid to host Netball world cup.
This year they won rugby world cup trophy.
They are building Africa 's tallest building - leonardo tower.
They build Sandton from scratch after they won democracy.
They built world's larger coal fired power station last year (medupi and kusile)
They built africa's first bullet train - gautrain.
they hosted soccer world cup.
they hosted cricket world cup
they hosted rugby world cup.
they built largert telescope in the world - meerkat
South africa govt official are not going outside the country for medical purposes

Nigeria has great plans but they fail to execute, for example eko atlantic city
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
obidark:
south africa is not better than nigeria in anyway....
if you dont believe me,then go and see for yourself....
It's akin to the flower 'Lily of the Valley'
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Prompto: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
[[s]quote author=dignity33 post=84762177]Thank you OP but the major reason we are lacking behind is tribalism our politician used it to divid us why they are busy United on looting our common wealthf take for instance Tinubu many Yoruba people will vote for him than voting for a saint from Hausa or Igbo likewise others such are not in South. South Africa don't know what is tribal politice and is even against there law to campaign using ethnicity as a weapon. The average Nigeria citizens don't know what it take to be Nationalistic a South Africa citizen will die for his country to be good how many Nigeria will do that instead he will said is because is not igboman there why you didn't protest when Gej was there while he is suffering and protecting the person who don't care if he live and so called politician will go medical aid abroad, all his children abroad and he didn't even see money sending his children to university or secondary school. South Africa paid every elderly person from 65yr every month equvelent of N40,000 new born baby to 18yrs equvelent of N10,000 free medical to any including non citizen, free education to grade 12 I.e Secondary school. Yet they never complain of not having money to execute governmental infrastructure. The day Nigeria do away tribalism and see national interest above any thing that is our beginning of transformation to good governance.[/quote[/s]]
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Prompto: 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
You my Nigeria brother is but a fool.

Princewill1:
The Whites in SA should run a comparison with their European brothers. After all they are not even Africans originally.

When you want to do a comparison among Africans be specific.

Ever since they left since 1994, corruption is now the order of the day in SA

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Litmus: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
It does not help that Nigeria media space, which may be more influential than Nigerians online realize, is riving by politicisation. The ethnic bigotry is politicisation because it is informed by party affiliation in this new democratic dispensation following decades of military rule. Nigerians that are - for Africans- unusually imaginative people have become moribund. Majority can see nothing beyond party affiliation. For instance, when someone posted here on Niaraland quite startling and amazing development Nigeria was making in rocketry and missiles, respondents that I assume are Nigerians where quite scathing and discouraging. Not exact words but the following was typical: ‘Why wasting public funds on useless rockets’, Nigerians wrote. ‘Afonja rubbish, they wrote. Useless shitholl Nation can’t even fix roads, na rockets them won make’. Thereafter post degenerated to Afonja and flat heads ethnic name-calling. Mention Nigeria Space Agency, instead of public praise and hope which would in turn encourage Nigeria Space Agency to work harder and then government to invest more so that public would associate government with progressiveness, Nigerians respond for the most part with hate speeches and condemnation of the Space Agency. If the Nigerian public can be enthused by nothing save party politics, Government will be similar. Sure, there are the real world restrictions critics may want to call your attention to such as corruption, mismanagement, education system, economics, short-sighted leaders and so on but I believe that pubic enthusiasm, subject knowledge, and National pride can drive government in spite of itself to dream and plan beyond the mundane in the form of creating a national vision.

1 Like

Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by greatermeme: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
soilsista:

me, I wan fvck this babe!
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by babasolution: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
i dont think nigerians think that nigeria is better than south africa in terms of development,nigeria is only backward in development because of decades of very corrupt governments,advocating for the youths to fight the government can lead to outbreak of war which will be worse of for nigeria,nigeria is not the only country with resources,south Africa has lots of resources which it utilises too,dictatorship in nigeria set a very bad precedent for nigeria and ruined its institutions,economy and infrastructure,nigeria has progressed a whole lot albeit slowly,nigeria is not the only oil rich African country,given nigerias population coupled with corruption theres bound to be poverty,Nigeria mainly lacks infrastructure,once we can fix that as its gradually being done we can be like any other developed country,everything is not about good rounds,clean water etc,most of nigeria is private built,everybody is for himself in this country,yet we hav attained a reasonable amount of development,how is it going to now be when the governments start assuming their responsibilities,the sky will be our limit on Nigeria
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by soilsista(f): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
greatermeme:
me, I wan fvck this babe!
Respect yourself!
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by greatermeme: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
soilsista:
Respect yourself!
ahhh, Southy babe! How you dey? Me I wan go Southy nah.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by AghaAguike(m): 12:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Lol I'm waiting for the other oyinbo worshippers and self-appointed HIV/AIDS statisticians to come and derail what could be a positive thread. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING U ON N.L. U TALK FRIENDLY AND MATURE, KEEP IT UP. HAVING SAID THAT, I WISH TO LET U KNOW THAT BEHAVIOUR VARIES AND AS SUCH I WILL ADVICE U COUNTINUE TOLERATE AND ENJOY MY NIGERIA BROTHERS WHICH I HAVE SEEN THAT U HAVE ALREADY SPEAKING NIGERIA ENGLISH. ENJOY UR FUN.
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Angelcoco: 12:24am On Dec 11, 2019
AghaAguike:
Lol I'm waiting for the other oyinbo worshippers and self-appointed HIV/AIDS statisticians to come and derail what could be a positive thread. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING U ON N.L. U TALK FRIENDLY AN
D MATURE, KEEP IT UP. HAVING SAID THAT, I WISH TO LET U KNOW THAT BEHAVIOUR VARIES AND AS SUCH I WILL ADVICE U COUNTINUE TOLERATE AND ENJOY MY NIGERIA BROTHERS WHICH I HAVE SEEN THAT U HAVE ALREADY SPEAKING NIGERIA ENGLISH. ENJOY UR FUN.
I'm sorry
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by soilsista(f): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
AghaAguike:
Lol I'm waiting for the other oyinbo worshippers and self-appointed HIV/AIDS statisticians to come and derail what could be a positive thread. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING U ON N.L. U TALK FRIENDLY AND MATURE, KEEP IT UP. HAVING SAID THAT, I WISH TO LET U KNOW THAT BEHAVIOUR VARIES AND AS SUCH I WILL ADVICE U COUNTINUE TOLERATE AND ENJOY MY NIGERIA BROTHERS WHICH I HAVE SEEN THAT U HAVE ALREADY SPEAKING NIGERIA ENGLISH. ENJOY UR FUN.
smiley
Re: What Is South Africa Doing Right, That Nigeria Is Failing To Do by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
majamajic:
I prefer Nigeria to South Africa , we reason better than them as human, though they have a better government , but individually they behave like animals
Can you hear yourself? Apart from being more corrupt, where else can Nigerians be better than the Angels?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani / Fulani Herdsmen Came To Attack People At Omi-adio IB Last Night But Were Killed / Akwa Ibom People Should See This (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.