Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman (64555 Views)

Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman / EFCC Arrests Babatunde Fowler, Former FIRS Chairman / Buhari Names Godknows Igali As APC Senatorial Aspirant, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Danwakae(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
rightchic:

Oga I swear no b me be your problem na Mohammed

So Mohammed is your problem ko ??

Expect more appointments for the qualified Mohammed's ...as such, dig your grave ahead.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Godhatesodomy: 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Wow
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Yankee101: 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ausa
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by emkz: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
While the thinking of Buhari's men is that it may be dangerous to allow Tinubu's boys to hold cash cow positions, we must not sacrifice merit in place of favouritism where national assets are concerned.

While I am not holding brief for Fowler, I think he is more competent than this guy who does not seem to have a track record in revamping the taxes of any state.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by surgical: 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
hucienda:
lol ... Buhari na im fit naija.

The majority are a stubborn, tribalistic people, so they deserve a stubborn, tribalistic president. How they looked at his antecedents and still elected him in 2015 is stuff of magic as even the Sahara Reporters' man can now testify.

Maybe future presidents (especially the more or less politically correct ones to come from the south) are taking notes.

Adios Señor Fowler. Guess it was fun while the supposed alliance lasted.
meanwhile his security chiefs are well pass their retirement age and tenure but buhari have kept them ad infinitum at the expense of career progression of other officers but quick to replace other people immediately their terms lapse
That is why I have no respect for any Southerner supporting buhari except beneficiaries of his government

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Banmeallday: 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
AREWA THINS

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Hoodgod(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
presidency:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT BUHARI NAMES NEW FIRS BOARD FOR SENATE CONFIRMATION

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of a new board for the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, subject to Senate confirmation.

The President nominated a renowned tax consultant, Muhammad M. Nami as the new chairman.

The board is composed of a member representing each of the six geographical zones and statutory representatives from a select number of ministries and government agencies.

Mr Muhammad, a well-trained Tax, Accounting and Management professional with highly rated qualifications and professional practice and licenses from relevant professional bodies, has almost three decades of practical working experience in Auditing, Tax Management and Advisory and Management services to clients in the banking, manufacturing, services and public sectors as well as non- profit organizations.

He is an expert in rendering advisory support services to investors in respect of new business start-ups and management of existing businesses. He has also continuously rendered outsourced services to clients in trading, service and manufacturing sectors of the nation’s economy.

Muhammad Nami attended Bayero University Kano and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology (1991) and a Masters of Business degree (2004) respectively. He is a fellow of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, Institute of Debt Recovery Practitioners of Nigeria and Associate Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) and Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.

He started his career with PFK in 1993 and rose to the position of a senior Consultant in charge of Tax management and advisory services. He is currently the managing consultant of Manam Professional Services (Chartered Tax Practitioners and Business Advisers) based in Kaduna, Abuja, Niger State.

Mr Muhammad has served, and is still serving, on many companies’ Board and Statutory Board Audit Committees. He was appointed as a member, Presidential Committee on Audit of Recovered Stolen Assets in November, 2017 by President Buhari.

He is married with children.

Chairman of FIRS, Babatunde Fowler, whose term of office expired on Monday, 9th December, 2019 is expected to hand over to the most senior director on the board, who will take charge, pending the senate confirmation of the new board.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 9, 2019

another recruit into the cartel of money sucking administration,#chopichop#govt.of the north

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
kikake:

Yorubas knew this Buhari before Yoruba who trice rejected him decided to favour him in 2015 because of HATRED for Jonathan and his Igboid presidency.

Fool me once, na by my mistake, but fool me twice or more, na my foolishness.

Now PMB is plotting for self succession or another northern presidency after 2023.
The chickens will soon come home to roost. They'll have a taste of their own medicine.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by eagleu: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
Until all the Hausa Fulani people are all fully employed by this Buhari administration, other groups just have to be patient.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by maiunguwar: 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
Buhari is setting a very dangerous precedent.Northerners should not complain in the future if the roles are reversed.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by tundess: 7:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
Fowler; free-range today, hotpot tomorrow grin
Buhari till 2027 cheesy
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by izudon82: 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Goverment of north and people from north.rubbish goverment.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by ahiboilandgas: 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hedonisco:
All the "juiciest" tier 1 posts, held by abokki...

NNPC GMD
Customs CG
NPA MD
FIRS Chairman
And of course almighty INEC Chairman!
cbn ,nnpc nsia american ambassador,uk ambassdor ?
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by rightchic(f): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Danwakae:

So Mohammed is your problem ko ??

Expect more appointments for the qualified Mohammed's ...as such, dig your grave ahead.

U that they've dug ur grave already... Walking corpse like you

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Okoroawusa: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
gtown:
For the information of wailing wailers here wailing profusely over this appointment that a northerner and Hausa Fulani has been favoured again, MUHAMMAD M. Nami is not from north.
He is from Nami, a village in Lapai local government, Niger State and he is Nupe tribally and culturally.
Accept if they say Nupe are now Hausa or Fulani and Niger State is now located in the north but not middle belt any more.
I have a friend called Ibrahim Gambo n he is a Christian.
You have time to answer these people...I don't have that kind of time anymore
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by fk001(m): 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
Temptee101:

I sincerely think the disaster at Aso rock should raise his next level suffering to power 10, maybe by then you and your fellow zombies go get small sense

Even he raised it to the power of 100 i will not suffer it.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by glowingflame7: 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
Mohammad Nami is a Saudi Arabian football defender for Al-Hilal in the Saudi Premier League.

Even this unknown footballer has more profile. Oops
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Arewa2Dworld: 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
Congratulations to one of our own Mohammed Nami from Niger State...
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Daboomb: 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
planetx:
98% of all federal parastatals and agencies including paramilitary, judiciary, nnpc etc all headed by one section of the country and you are telling me my criticisms of this man is invalid. Only CBN is still headed by the South and it's a matter of time before he is booted.

Now you know why Buhari sponsored that his Senator brother to try pass the Hate Speeh Bill.

If that Bill was law, by now all of you posting on this thread, though saying the truth, as long as Buhari does not like it, y'all dead.

He will use the law and his DSS to first lock you up indefinitely in prison, before snuffing the life out of you.

Buhari is a a tyrant, a Dictator and a danger to Nigeria's Unity.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by idealogical: 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
eagleu:
Until all the Hausa Fulani people are all fully employed by this Buhari administration, other groups just have to be patient.

Unfortunately for you, the man is not even Hausa Fulani.

Tribalism and bigotry miss road.

You know nothing about Nigeria, but you know a lot about tribalism and bigotry.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by witgod: 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
B.sc in sociology, mba, anan, amnim. Where the best brain in the field of tax management, accounting with numerous professional qualifications & wealth of experience? The government head said and I quote; 'my second term in office will be tough'. I pray make GOD see us through. Nigeriaaaaaa
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by webngnews: 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Amanda4life: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
saintokwuluora:
How can I be convinced that Buhari will handover to Tinubu?

In the dream

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
What about Chicken , sorry fowler>
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by balodihno14(m): 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
Sultannayef:
Good. I wish Buhari can run for the fifth term so that everyone will enjoy it.

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
nochillatalll:
Op I think what you meant was olodo appoints new thief for the new 2020 operation. angry
lf dey come for you no say I no warn you ooo...
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by VanEFCC: 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
When you see them making noise insulting everyone all over the places, just note, is not as if they are not getting what they are actually entitled to. The problem is that they are not getting more than their fair share.

They will soon start shouting "marginalisation" and some foolish bulcraps everywhere.
Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

Give them appointment- we merit it.

Give others- marginalisation.

Nawao.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
WHY TUNDE FOWLER'S TENURE WAS NOT RENEWED

The former Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Mr. Babatunde Fowler, is a close staff of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Fowler is a competent tax administrator with about 15years of experience. He was once the Executive Chairman of Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue and Chief Executive Officer of Lagos State Internal Revenue Service under the Tinubu administration as Governor of Lagos State.

Babatunde Fowler was confirmed by the Senate in December 2015 as the Executive Chairman of FIRS, this means that his tenure has ended on December 8, 2019. The FIRS Establishment Act says that “the executive chairman shall be appointed by the President subject to the confirmation of the Senate.”

It further states that “the chairman and other members of the board, other than ex-officio members, shall each hold office for a term of four years, renewable once only.” Although the FIRS Establishment Act empowers the President to reappoint Fowler but he was not reappointed due to these reasons.

(1) His Closeness to the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

Mr. Babatunde Fowler is a childhood friend and former classmate to the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo. Since President Buhari and his Vice have been sworn in for their second term in office, the Vice President has been facing some upheavals in the Aso Rock.

The upheavals began after the Vice President sacked the DSS Boss for the illegal invasion of the House of Assembly while the president was out of the country. Many of his aides have been sacked through the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).

This is a testament that the Aso Rock cabals are maximizing efforts to cut down Osinbajo’s power. Many of the Vice President’s activities were transferred to other offices such as the TraderMoney. Thus, Fowler would be seen as an ally to Osinbajo and reappointing him would be seen as strengthening Osinbajo again in which the cabals do not want.

(2) 2023 Presidential Tussle

Without being pronounced, the struggle for the 2023 presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) has already started. Among the cabals in the Aso Rock are ambitious presidential candidates or camps of presidential aspirants.

Thus, since Fowler did not belong to the camp of the majority in the Aso Rock cabals, he did not get the reappointment. Working with Tinubu for eight years, it can be argued that Fowler will be loyal to Tinubu as he is popularly seen as Tunubu’s man.

However, at this juncture, Fowler has lost the struggle between his loyalty to Tinubu and sustaining his job. Many ambitious presidential candidates in the Aso Rock have seen Tinubu as a threat to their Presidential ambitions and reappointing Fowler would have created more problems for them.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
dirtydiva:
lf dey come for you no say I no warn you ooo...
grin grin
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Phred1717: 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
PMB has made the name "Muhammad" top 10 most used names in the World. I Thank him for his leadership role n his doggedness for his people. Not the so-called kind of elders n leaders I have in my zone. , with selfish n personal greed.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Danwakae(m): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
rightchic:

U that they've dug ur grave already... Walking corpse like you

Nobody will dig my grave , until it is time as ordained by Allah because I am not an enemy of Mohammed progress...
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Staro: 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Expected ... from a
bigoted president

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Members Of The Dissolved NNPC Board Of Directors (Pictures) / US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin / Governor Wike Reacts To Demolition Of Mosque At Trans-Amadi Central, "Fake News"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.