Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman (64601 Views)

Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman / EFCC Arrests Babatunde Fowler, Former FIRS Chairman / Buhari Names Godknows Igali As APC Senatorial Aspirant, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by LabDNA: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
Buhari is clearly more pro-North than pro-Nigeria, but many of his demented followers expect Easterners to be more pro-Nigeria than pro-East.

You see the irony?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by chrisxxx(m): 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
Government of the North.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by madridsta007(m): 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
presidency:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT BUHARI NAMES NEW FIRS BOARD FOR SENATE CONFIRMATION

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of a new board for the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, subject to Senate confirmation.

The President nominated a renowned tax consultant, Muhammad M. Nami as the new chairman.

The board is composed of a member representing each of the six geographical zones and statutory representatives from a select number of ministries and government agencies.

Mr Muhammad, a well-trained Tax, Accounting and Management professional with highly rated qualifications and professional practice and licenses from relevant professional bodies, has almost three decades of practical working experience in Auditing, Tax Management and Advisory and Management services to clients in the banking, manufacturing, services and public sectors as well as non- profit organizations.

He is an expert in rendering advisory support services to investors in respect of new business start-ups and management of existing businesses. He has also continuously rendered outsourced services to clients in trading, service and manufacturing sectors of the nation’s economy.

Muhammad Nami attended Bayero University Kano and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology (1991) and a Masters of Business degree (2004) respectively. He is a fellow of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, Institute of Debt Recovery Practitioners of Nigeria and Associate Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) and Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.

He started his career with PFK in 1993 and rose to the position of a senior Consultant in charge of Tax management and advisory services. He is currently the managing consultant of Manam Professional Services (Chartered Tax Practitioners and Business Advisers) based in Kaduna, Abuja, Niger State.

Mr Muhammad has served, and is still serving, on many companies’ Board and Statutory Board Audit Committees. He was appointed as a member, Presidential Committee on Audit of Recovered Stolen Assets in November, 2017 by President Buhari.

He is married with children.

Chairman of FIRS, Babatunde Fowler, whose term of office expired on Monday, 9th December, 2019 is expected to hand over to the most senior director on the board, who will take charge, pending the senate confirmation of the new board.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 9, 2019

I just hope that when Nigeria has a President from the South, they wont be overcome with cowardice in following a Southernisation, Yorubanisation, Igbonisation or Ijawnisation Policy. (Interestingly, I am not angry with Buhari on his Fulanisation project, as it was expected, let us not pretend about this; I am more mad with Southerners who are venting their anger on him, instead of the Southern Presidents we've had for not doing so.)

If they dont copy Buhari, they are bloody cowards.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Thisis2raw(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
Na dem, na der govt
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by madridsta007(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
LabDNA:
Buhari is clearly more pro-North than pro-Nigeria, but many of his demented followers expect Easterners to be more pro-Nigeria than pro-East.

You see the irony?

They are slaves in chains but do not realise that they are slaves in chains.
Easterners cannot and do not understand slavery.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by mattbass(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nasooo
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by contigiency(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
That's a good one. Let's try another hand so long as he is qualified for the job.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Uchesis: 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
When you see them making noise insulting everyone all over the places, just note, is not as if they are not getting what they are actually entitled to. The problem is that they are not getting more than their fair share.

They will soon start shouting "marginalisation" and some foolish bulcraps everywhere.

Give them appointment- we merit it.

Give others- marginalisation.

Nawao.
Muhammad appoints Muhammad. Na dem dem

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Racoon(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
As expected, Buhari does not disappoint & can never hides his nepotism.Next level appointmnts Even with Fowler going to court?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Badonasty(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
lol....efcc go open Fowler file wella now

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by frubben(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Na wetin him Sabi do. Just to sign and appoint.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by iphi(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
I love buhari same way I just started loving cardi B they don't hide their feelings... That's my new 2020 me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by famouscargo4u: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
There are less than 100 ICAN qualified Chartered accountants in the whole north. They won't pass it instead they all opt for ANAN which is very easy to obtain.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Myhusband(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
alsudan:
grin sufferisticated how market? grin
[/s]

with the way southeast Governors dey thanked Buhari, one would think one of their kinsman will be made the FIRS boss yet you dummies want Buhari to reappoint another southwesterners

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by donaldde2: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
Dem Dem.. Hausa-Fulani government
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by nicedayontop: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
A Well deserved appointment
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by akilo1: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
Another aboki..nigerian go get sense by force

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Successlane: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
NnamdiKanu:
grin grin only Northerners are qualified for top positions... F*ck one Nigeria Umunna

Yeah, like the outgoing one!!
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by gmaribel(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by saintokwuluora(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
How can I be convinced that Buhari will handover to Tinubu?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Lol
Another Mohammed takes over.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Femeto: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Fowler should be properly searched make e no carry our money go. Buhari has put all the Northerners in juicy positions. Emefiele is such a lucky man.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Myhusband(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
espn:
OKAY dem wan fall JAGABAN HAND...

Fowler tenure ended according to the news. romance section is what befit your mental capacity, you won't listen

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by isaacprinz(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Another Mohammad.... The circle continues.!! kiss

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Handsomecole(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
Northocracy���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by tomzyELNINO: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
No Surprise. He brought an Hausa man to further confirm his NEPOTISM.

chaiii...

I weep for Naija.

watch out of 2023, Another Hausa man to be presented for president by Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by bigfish3k: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
another one

NPA, NNPC, FIRS - i am not surprised
as far as i am concerned these people are the most educated and sophisticated nigerians
they have dethroned the sophisticators

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by PataAlhaja(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
I am not impressed by his resume.

He's not even an ICAN member.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by tammie24: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Had to get a Hausa man
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by TooMuchStuff: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
He never disappointed one bit.

Nepotistic fella

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by shogsman(m): 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Welcome to the republic of northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by tweakdude1: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
When an Ibo man gives you advise take it.

Afonjas how market?

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" / Unknown Gunmen Storm Owerri, Shoot Sporadically (Video) / Fayemi's Convoy Kills Police Officer During Rally In Ekiti (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.