Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? (23894 Views)

5 Tips To Help You Tailor Your CV To The Job Description / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by deltateam: 8:14am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:

A teller that is mobile. You would be tasked with mobilizing deposits from bank's customers. Like an akawo kinda thing.

Imagine yourself with a laptop bag filled with deposits slips, a record keeping book, stapler, pen and rubber bands.

You will be going from shop to shop inside Ladipo. You know traders are very busy and if your bank is far, they will pay into the closer one. So, you have to go meet them right on time. Take the stress and risk off them. While at it, you will sell other products to them.

Do they attach security to you?

Am thinking if God forbid a thief cuts in. What happens then?
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2019
deltateam:

You people didn't mention that he has to wear suit even under intense sunshine. He will also get turned down many times on end. The soles of his shoes will give way under the duress so making friends with a shoemaker is advisable.
lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by DenreleDave(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2019
Klarge0137:

Omo am not going again oooo

Bros you cannot quit oooo, u must do it by force by fire.. Yes oo, by force by fire

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by SaintHilary(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2019
deltateam:

You people didn't mention that he has to wear suit even under intense sunshine. He will also get turned down many times on end. The soles of his shoes will give way under the duress so making friends with a shoemaker is advisable.

grin

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:17am On Dec 14, 2019
So kwin Poco is this knowledgeable. Well like they say, experience is the best teacher.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by deltateam: 8:17am On Dec 14, 2019
embarassed
BlackAfrican:
Hello all.

The best legacy Buhari can leave behind in the fight against corruption is to put a machinery in place that will see to it that the death penalty for corrupt public officials is passed into law.

One way to ensure it gets support is to let everyone know that the law, when passed into law, won't be retroactive. That is, it will only apply to corrupt crimes committed from the day the bill is signed into law.

This is the best time to get this done because Buhari enjoys the support of the legislature this time, so I see no stumbling block.

If Buhari refuses to take the initiative, we as citizens can take it. Let's organise ourselves, raise funds, find and sponsor the bill through a willing legislator and put pressure on all elected legislators from our different localities to ensure this comes into law..

Let us organise ourselves. We youths are too disorganized and divided that's why we can't achieve anything other than making noise on sm and expecting the government to act.

If we organise ourselves we can pull this off. I'm ready to join the movement to see that this becomes a reality.

Like and share this post if you support the idea.

I'll contact all those who quote and share the post so we can plan how to get this done.

Thanks all.

Such a bill has its cons in Africa especially in the hands of the military ruler albeit retired...

It can be used to stifle or wipe opposition.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by SleekyP(m): 8:18am On Dec 14, 2019
philsbaba:
I no know say this girl get better experience like this oo. Na olosho eyes I take dey look her before.... Well done babe
na the work they turn them to olosho...if you know you know grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by deltateam: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2019
philsbaba:
I no know say this girl get better experience like this oo. Na olosho eyes I take dey look her before.... Well done babe

Ogbeni, is this meant to be a compliment?
You see this table you want to shake eh.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by OlawaleBammie: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:
SUFFERHEAD marketer. Get very comfortable shoes and socks, you will need it.

You are a variant of contract staff. Salary range between N(20,000-50,000). Maybe some banks pay more. Hardly ever seen one/any.

-Your job function is retail marketing, drive savings deposits and e-banking channels. I doubt DSAs do risk assets, though they can ask you to bring any you see, for the sake of the branch paying you salary.

-You will have number of accounts target. Daily/weekly/monthly. You will also have deposit targets. Something like, 3accts a day, 15/week, 60/month. 5-10m deposit a month. You mustn't do all, 50% and above can keep you afloat.

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits which would make you earn big in commissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package, but nothing special.

- You'll be restricted on types of accts to open. Leave some for the bigger people (core staff).

- You will grow to be a very angry somebody when you see the bank employing core staff that are your mates and some your junior. You can't escape this feeling of anger o.

- You will start showing your anger, nagging over the poor treatment and sometimes acts of rebellion/insubordination.

- Maybe you will be an extraordinary DSA and your bank will try to convert you. It is not because they like you too much, paying you as a core staff is cheaper than your commission at that point.

I understand the country is hard, but if I have to be a banker- core staff or nothing. Know what you are getting into. E hard o.

Have a nice day. cheesy

A dey always like to read Dis girl comment...

the meaning of sufferhead is wat i don't know grin

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by JAWBONE(m): 8:32am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:

A teller that is mobile. You would be tasked with mobilizing deposits from bank's customers. Like an akawo kinda thing.

Imagine yourself with a laptop bag filled with deposits slips, a record keeping book, stapler, pen and rubber bands.

You will be going from shop to shop inside Ladipo. You know traders are very busy and if your bank is far, they will pay into the closer one. So, you have to go meet them right on time. Take the stress and risk off them. While at it, you will sell other products to them.

This girl/woman you sabi many things about this industry o....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by ridbell01(m): 8:34am On Dec 14, 2019
A friend of mine takes the job he voluntarily resign after e months

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by DONFASZY(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2019
U go suffer well well and most bring target of 1billion naira because u go collect ur 50,000 salary
U go hail

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by DONFASZY(m): 8:43am On Dec 14, 2019
U go suffer well well and most bring target of 1billion naira because u go collect ur 50,000 salary
U go hail

Ur shoes go file

U go convinced people very well n open acct for a day one pikin for road if nt u no go collect ur chicken change

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:45am On Dec 14, 2019
My advice: Do it for 2 to 3 months, get the experience on your CV, that's all that matters.

Marketing isn't that bad, I've been a marketer for MTN before, got paid well (under outsourced contract o) and that experience got me to the table of other jobs.

I hardly turn jobs down that's why my experience are so numerous, employers are always surprised.

grin

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Kylekent59: 8:46am On Dec 14, 2019
It is better to just hit the nail on the head.

The work of a DSA is simply to wear suit or dress corporate, thereby looking for customers for the bank.

You are given a journal, a pen and some printed bank forms mainly for account opening.

Just know that sun will heat your head daily , you would get rejected by some people, you would feel weak and tired from walking and talking, you would always be frustrated, and many more.....

There was this my friend that got employment, we asked him what's his work, the job he got?

He said he works in a bank and he is a banker. He changes his DP everyday posing with laptop and also in a cool room with AC and transparent glass.

One day I went to a market to get something, as I was heading home, my instinct told me to go left, as I went left I saw this my guy oo, he was with many forms going from shop to shops.

That was when I knew he was working as a DSA.

I prefer working as a farmer to being a DSA at a bank.

That energy you are using to get customers for them, why don't you use it for yourself?

The reason why your parents sent you to school is to learn how to be independent.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Obas101(m): 8:49am On Dec 14, 2019
Klarge0137:
Please I would be grateful if someone can explain to me the job function of a Direct Sales Agent in a Banking Sector

Thanks
Pls don't accept that job except you don't have vision, want growth or don't have any other option. They will use you till they are tired of you.
Their work basically entails moving around and finding customers to open account or take loans. Depending on your environment and type of bank you may even be required to patronise road side sellers and market women. There is more sha but na your hand e dey. I did one month as a dsa with a bank before running away

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by golddare: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2019
You better go and start your own thrift collection business, with good recommendations you can make more than the salaries plus interest on the money kept at the bank.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Klarge0137: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2019
Thanks to you all and for taking the topic to the front page
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by CaptainKool15(m): 8:57am On Dec 14, 2019
BlackAfrican:
Hello all.

The best legacy Buhari can leave behind in the fight against corruption is to put a machinery in place that will see to it that the death penalty for corrupt public officials is passed into law.

One way to ensure it gets support is to let everyone know that the law, when passed into law, won't be retroactive. That is, it will only apply to corrupt crimes committed from the day the bill is signed into law.

This is the best time to get this done because Buhari enjoys the support of the legislature this time, so I see no stumbling block.

If Buhari refuses to take the initiative, we as citizens can take it. Let's organise ourselves, raise funds, find and sponsor the bill through a willing legislator and put pressure on all elected legislators from our different localities to ensure this comes into law..

Let us organise ourselves. We youths are too disorganized and divided that's why we can't achieve anything other than making noise on sm and expecting the government to act.

If we organise ourselves we can pull this off. I'm ready to join the movement to see that this becomes a reality.

Like and share this post if you support the idea.

I'll contact all those who quote and share the post so we can plan how to get this done.

Thanks all.

Oga, I'm not supporting any bill apart from age discrimination by companies

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Samcent: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:

You are a variant of contract staff. Salary range between N(20,000-50,000). Maybe some banks pay more. Hardly ever seen one/any.

-Your job function is retail marketing, drive savings deposits and e-banking channels. I doubt DSAs do risk assets, though they can ask you to bring any you see, for the sake of the branch paying you salary.

-You will have number of accounts target. Daily/weekly/monthly. You will also have deposit targets. Something like, 3accts a day, 15/week, 60/month. 5-10m deposit a month. You mustn't do all, 50% and above can keep you afloat.

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits which would make you earn big in commissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package, but nothing special.

- You'll be restricted on types of accts to open. Leave some for the bigger people (core staff).

- You will grow to be a very angry somebody when you see the bank employing core staff that are your mates and some your junior. You can't escape this feeling of anger o.

- You will start showing your anger, nagging over the poor treatment and sometimes acts of rebellion/insubordination.

- Maybe you will be an extraordinary DSA and your bank will try to convert you. It is not because they like you too much, paying you as a core staff is cheaper than your commission at that point.

I understand the country is hard, but if I have to be a banker- core staff or nothing. Know what you are getting into. E hard o.

Have a nice day. cheesy

You are 101% correct!

I will forever be grateful to God for setting me free from that DSA job in one of the commercial banks.

He that has ear to hear, let him hear. Op, I have said my own.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by mfm04622: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

Nothing more to add!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by DaddyMorenike: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Wish2Die:

Would you be given a car for locomotion
locomotive Moscow ni

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

Nne thanks for this enlightenment...

Biko, what about Area Sales Manager? What are the duties attached to ASM, will you advice someone to take it up?
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by dangoteinlaw: 9:14am On Dec 14, 2019
Lorenzop:

you nailed it....for me that is slavery...goes to show the weak labor laws in Nigeria and total disregard for employees....the bank will use you, rinse you, shred you and finally have a flimsy reason to dump you, all your initial suffering gone......My take is simple, instead of suffering so much like that for another man's business who doesn't appreciate you, why not put that effort on yourself and see the progress you will make within few years
slavery you say? Hahaha come to my company and see how much some family men take home per day then you will appreciate the 40k u earn just to convince someone to open account with you. Gone are the days of sit inside and AC and earn millions, if u no enter sun now you no go only hungry u go turn begger.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Yxxx: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2019
Akiliogidi:

Nne thanks for this enlightenment...

Biko, what about Area Sales Manager? What are the duties attached to ASM, will you advice someone to take it up?

Na better job be dat.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by cenaman(m): 9:20am On Dec 14, 2019
Wish2Die:

I meant any support for transportation fees
She said NO, but las las you go "wish2die"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by DenreleDave(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
locomotive Moscow ni

Funny grin
DaddyMorenike:
locomotive Moscow ni

Funny

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Sirwallace(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
locomotive Moscow ni

Guy, dont make me laugh this morning�����

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by t12tosin: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2019
Wish2Die:

Would you be given a car for locomotion

See kolo question?

Pardon my manners

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by lonelydora: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

Lol @
You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by blastac: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2019
E get wetin I wan tell you since.

Your head correct well well... Asin sense full your head

pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by tunjikunle30: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2019
It is when you do marketing in microfinance bank that you will know the beginning of slavery.

There is a product in microfinance bank called Group loan. You see this product is a blood sucking product. If customers owe you, you will be frustrated to pay the money. You do recovery on your own.

I once sold my laptop to clear a particular group debt. You will hear something like IYA Taju lofi tawa GBA owo. ( it is Tajus mother that use tawa to collect money).

So, if you are a group loan marketer in a microfinance bank just know that is Wahala(Trouble) and Gbese (Debt) product.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) / Apply For Shell Livewire Programme 2017 / Unilever Nigeria Plc Latest Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.