Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? (23839 Views)

5 Tips To Help You Tailor Your CV To The Job Description / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Cutehector(m): 10:26am On Dec 14, 2019
Lorenzop:

you nailed it....for me that is slavery...goes to show the weak labor laws in Nigeria and total disregard for employees....the bank will use you, rinse you, shred you and finally have a flimsy reason to dump you, all your initial suffering gone......My take is simple, instead of suffering so much like that for another man's business who doesn't appreciate you, why not put that effort on yourself and see the progress you will make within few years
I slaved through this process and I can tell you that I am a permanent staff. Funny enough those who castigate these DSAs are even at home jobless coming on social media to castigate people who are putting food on their own table.

I challenge any young man out there not to listen to what ladies say about whatever little job they are doing presently. When they blow, these dumb broke girls would not even appeal to them anymore

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Sirwallace(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2019
Cutehector:
I slaved through this process and I can tell you that I am a permanent staff. Funny enough those who castigate these DSAs are even at home jobless coming on social media to castigate people who are putting food on their own table.

I challenge any young man out there not to listen to what ladies say about whatever little job they are doing presently. When they blow, these dumb broke girls would not even appeal to them anymore

Does not take the slavery out of you.
Once a slave, always a slave in the eyes of his slave masters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by cassyrooy(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:
SUFFERHEAD marketer. Get very comfortable shoes and socks, you will need it.

You are a variant of contract staff. Salary range between N(20,000-50,000). Maybe some banks pay more. Hardly ever seen one/any.

-Your job function is retail marketing, drive savings deposits and e-banking channels. I doubt DSAs do risk assets, though they can ask you to bring any you see, for the sake of the branch paying you salary.

-You will have number of accounts target. Daily/weekly/monthly. You will also have deposit targets. Something like, 3accts a day, 15/week, 60/month. 5-10m deposit a month. You mustn't do all, 50% and above can keep you afloat.

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits which would make you earn big in commissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package, but nothing special.

- You'll be restricted on types of accts to open. Leave some for the bigger people (core staff).

- You will grow to be a very angry somebody when you see the bank employing core staff that are your mates and some your junior. You can't escape this feeling of anger o.

- You will start showing your anger, nagging over the poor treatment and sometimes acts of rebellion/insubordination.

- Maybe you will be an extraordinary DSA and your bank will try to convert you. It is not because they like you too much, paying you as a core staff is cheaper than your commission at that point.

I understand the country is hard, but if I have to be a banker- core staff or nothing. Know what you are getting into. E hard o.

Have a nice day. cheesy

It seems your head runs on a different kind of oil.

Corporations are milking the average worker out there with little or no benefits for the future.

I'd ask, while not weather it and start something, Nigeria have the biggest market in Africa +15 other Ecowas countries, if we can think outside the box, poverty will be gone for good.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by sonyc00(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2019
Basically, you will just be a Jehovah's witness, but you will be coming from the bank.

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Maccoy1(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2019
This is what i call experience.... Am certain you have been there before. Just tell me which bank was it grin grin grin
pocohantas:

You are a variant of contract staff. Salary range between N(20,000-50,000). Maybe some banks pay more. Hardly ever seen one/any.

-Your job function is retail marketing, drive savings deposits and e-banking channels. I doubt DSAs do risk assets, though they can ask you to bring any you see, for the sake of the branch paying you salary.

-You will have number of accounts target. Daily/weekly/monthly. You will also have deposit targets. Something like, 3accts a day, 15/week, 60/month. 5-10m deposit a month. You mustn't do all, 50% and above can keep you afloat.

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits which would make you earn big in commissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package, but nothing special.

- You'll be restricted on types of accts to open. Leave some for the bigger people (core staff).

- You will grow to be a very angry somebody when you see the bank employing core staff that are your mates and some your junior. You can't escape this feeling of anger o.

- You will start showing your anger, nagging over the poor treatment and sometimes acts of rebellion/insubordination.

- Maybe you will be an extraordinary DSA and your bank will try to convert you. It is not because they like you too much, paying you as a core staff is cheaper than your commission at that point.

I understand the country is hard, but if I have to be a banker- core staff or nothing. Know what you are getting into. E hard o.

Have a nice day. cheesy

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Yankee101: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2019
Marketer
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Amedak(m): 11:44am On Dec 14, 2019
Modern slavery! Run for your life if you hear DSA. I was once a DSA in one commercial bank. Another name for DSA is HUNTER...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by kollinz1234(m): 11:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Klarge0137:

Omo am not going again oooo
Banking/ DSA (Marketing) is not as bad as portrayed up there my dear. In life u learn to start. Please accept the job. It will give u an opportunity to meet people and create important relationship that will decide and make things easier for u in the future. For instance, I know someone who is a marketer but then published a book, invited his key customers for the launching and mad #3.2m from the launch. Some get better paying job (like federal and state govt jobs) through these relationships, while others learn a lot and put in the knowledge in their own businesses and prosper. My only advise is that "don't get dubious or try to do deceptive things to make momentary or quick money" as that will lead u to no where at the end of the day.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 14, 2019
Wish2Die:

Would you be given a car for locomotion
yes you can, your bank manager will negotiate that.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by babyfaceafrica: 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
kollinz1234:
Banking/ DSA (Marketing) is not as bad as portrayed up there my dear. In life u learn to start. Please accept the job. It will give u an opportunity to meet people and create important relationship that will decide and make things easier for u in the future. For instance, I know someone who is a marketer but then published a book, invited his key customers for the launching and mad #3.2m from the launch. Some get better paying job (like federal and state govt jobs) through these relationships, while others learn a lot and put in the knowledge in their own businesses and prosper. My only advise is that "don't get dubious or try to do deceptive things to make momentary or quick money" as that will lead u to no where at the end of the day.

DSA is worse than been highlighted, the pay is terrible, full staff disrespect you, no benefits.. The only advantage is you leave home in the morning and come back at night.... It is a terrible job, I must say!!.. Barbers and mechanics are better

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
ikennamadu1:

None bro.... You only get support when y'all are going for market storm

You're in line 200%
Accolades
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by hotboz: 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
I was a DSA in Stanbic before I got a Federal job. That work enabled me to garner experience and took the first step at life itself. If you don't have anything doing now, I will advise you go for it 100% to boost your CV and have experience.

Many of the people advising you here are jobless. Internet is a dangerous place to seek advise.

*** Before you come for me, be assured I will give you no response. Very busy.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by odedele: 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
Slavery
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Lorenzop: 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
Cutehector:

mr, listen here....understand the message here, the welfare package for DSA's are very poor, its so bad people like you have accepted mediocrity....am sorry, i do not settle for less and thankfully i am very much comfortable by God's Grace.......why did you move to Permanent staff....you should have stayed as DSA......you are so dumb that you didn't see where i mentioned that the labors laws are weak. undecided

modified:::

as you slaved through the process, please continue to slave till you are aged 70 years because na your papa get the job

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Lorenzop: 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
slavery you say? Hahaha come to my company and see how much some family men take home per day then you will appreciate the 40k u earn just to convince someone to open account with you. Gone are the days of sit inside and AC and earn millions, if u no enter sun now you no go only hungry u go turn begger.

still buttress my point that labors laws in the country is very weak, think about it....guess the Federal govt just approved new minimum wage?...let's how many of the private sectors will implement it
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by pressplay411(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
Klarge0137:
Thanks to you all and for taking the topic to the front page

Be careful with online opinions. Some are good, some are otherwise.
Be sure it's not a jobless person giving you employment advice.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by dangoteinlaw: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lorenzop:

still buttress my point that labors laws in the country is very weak, think about it....guess the Federal govt just approved new minimum wage?...let's how many of the private sectors will implement it
labour laws only works in society of high rate employment. There's no job in the country and employers are taking advantage of that to en-slave and push their workers to the wall because they know that they(workers) have no where else to go. Who's is gonna protest minimum wage in private sector, only a worker who don't like himself would.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Johnkay225: 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
grincheesy Jeez!
That is just what it is . It only makes sense if you have someone that can give you a huge amount of money so you can earn from the commission... VARIABLE... Apart from that ,the work na better slavery , I am speaking from experience oh....The treatment between DSAs and line staff is just very different, the DSA might even be more useful and hardworking...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by dabonny(m): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
[quote author=pocohantas post=84781180]SUFFERHEAD marketer. Get very comfortable shoes and socks, you will need it.

Have a nice day. cheesy

What a brilliant enlightenment. You just provided an insight and a clue to those who are about wearing the similar shoes. God will bless you front and back

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Twist4u: 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

Well captured @pocohantas. In addition, THE WORST PART is that DSA Experience is not regarded as anything in the banking sector. It means even when u have 5years DSA experience it cannot qualiify u for a Full STAFF job in other banks. even as an E.T.(Complete waste of time). Infact, it amount to shooting your self on the foot if you input DSA in your CV when applying for jobs.Employers don't want to associate with it. The moment potential Employers see DSA in your CV during interview just no that your rating is going down,down,down d drain. DSA job is as useless as Dog shit. Government need to Stop this Modern Slavery of underemployment by Commercial banks.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by davidtemi(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2019
ikennamadu1:

None bro.... You only get support when y'all are going for market storm
even d storm sef u go from ur pocket. Ask fcmb DSAs
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by davidtemi(m): 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
Klarge0137:

Omo am not going again oooo
pls dont, I beg u in d name of ur mother.

No be joke at all.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by davidtemi(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
Twoclans:
@ OP honestly pocohantas did a good summary of what DSAs do in the banks. Why do I have this funny feeling the offer you have is from FCMB.In addition to all pocohantas said you will be made to attend meetings sometimes very early in the morning sometimes late into the evening. Then for a place like FCMB a deposit that you bring in the month of November will no longer count for you by December .An account officer will be assigned to managed the account while you start again.
grin fcmb is d worst place to work. I am/was a witness

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by coolk(m): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2019
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

This reply is too informed, to have not come from experience. And I know what I'm talking about...

So was it FBN or ECO?
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by DonroxyII: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2019
kollinz1234:
You are correct ... I know of some1 that joined Civil Defence through DSA to FideeBank ... it will surely give you connect and if you are smart you can use such connect to port!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by sugarsoul(m): 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

Pocohontas, is this same with a Direct Sales Executive?
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by pocohantas(f): 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
sugarsoul:

Pocohontas, is this same with a Direct Sales Executive?

Yes sugar. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by sugarsoul(m): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Yes sugar. smiley
grin grin. Means this UBA have gotten the wrong address. I go nowhere
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by pocohantas(f): 9:17am On Jan 21, 2022
sugarsoul:

grin grin. Means this UBA have gotten the wrong address. I go nowhere

You can go because I don’t know what UBA pays her DSEs. However, I know it is a sales role. Retail sales.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by sugarsoul(m): 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2022
pocohantas:

You can go because I don’t know what UBA pays her DSEs. However, I know it is a sales role. Retail sales.
It's far from where I am besides I'm not a marketing person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Pls Run Away From / Nigerian Defence Academy Speaks On Recruitment / Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.