Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:38 AM

Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? (19395 Views)

The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? / Why Did You Quit Your Last Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by ofiko123(m): 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
I am still a student so this doesn't concern me...
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by razzydoo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
China? no...
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by SmartyPants(m): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Saltybear:
Another fake post with fantasies. Childish rubbish made up by people using tecno and infinix phones just to make posts

Oga go and get a job and stop creating fake posts

This is childish rubbish from you. What does make of phone have to do with anything? Does the quality of phone used affect the quality of post?
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Pepperoni001: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
I will quit and move to China to complete my undergraduate, after then apply for my Msc or phD directly in USA.

FineUsername:
Lets say you've a first degree, a PGD in different discipline and you're currently running a professional course which is related to your first degree and job; saving an average of 1.5m Naira a year from your work. Then, boom! An all full tuition scholarship (undergraduate) came with a monthly allowance of approximately 30k Naira. Location? China! Course? Same discipline with your first degree.

Will you resign from your current position for the scholarship?

Reasons.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by blowjob: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
STAY FOR NAIJA, CHINESE GO HARVEST UR ORGANS undecided

THOSE MIDGETS ARE REALLY WICKEN OOOO undecided
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
SmartyPants:

This is childish rubbish from you. What does make of phone have to do with anything? Does the quality of phone used affect the quality of post?

When someone that's an adult expected to reason buys trash with his or her money then it clears all doubt that the individual might indeed be a foolish person
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nackzy: 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by GentlePEACE: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
FineUsername:
Lets say you've a first degree, a PGD in different discipline and you're currently running a professional course which is related to your first degree and job; saving an average of 1.5m Naira a year from your work. Then, boom! An all full tuition scholarship (undergraduate) came with a monthly allowance of approximately 30k Naira. Location? China! Course? Same discipline with your first degree.

Reasons.

i would not quit my job because once you are done with the degree, it's thesame cadre or salary you will be placed with your counterparts, i can only take the offer if it were to be a different course.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Tobloc(m): 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please don't quit your job to go to China, for a degree you've had before.

If it is for another degree, it's even better.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by seyicodes(m): 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
make i get the job first.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by jaoh: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
FineUsername:
Lets say you've a first degree, a PGD in different discipline and you're currently running a professional course which is related to your first degree and job; saving an average of 1.5m Naira a year from your work. Then, boom! An all full-tuition scholarship (undergraduate) came with a monthly allowance of approximately 30k Naira. Location? China! Course? Same discipline with your first degree.

Reasons.

If it's 30k worth, that's too small. I know Chinese Government scholarship provides about 160k monthly as stipend for full scholarship. I would take this offer for a masters and target a PhD scholarship in Europe or US (It is easier to get a PhD scholarship than a masters scholarship). I will use that to japa.

A European scholarship for PhD gives about 600k Naira worth minimum in my field.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
FineUsername:

Reasons.

Leave Nigeria if you can. From China, find another masters in the UK, work for 2 years, then do another masters there, then 5 a year PHD. Your child should have granted you citizenship by then. Don't ever jinx yourself with the Nigerian dream as things are now. Hopefully things get better in future and we can decide whether to return or not, but don't Jinx yourself by remaining in Naija.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Skye231(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
Capital YES!!!!!!
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by YorubaLord: 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
Definitely! cool
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by ProphetofOdin: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
I will do anything to run away from this shithole.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by SmartyPants(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Saltybear:

When someone that's an adult expected to reason buys trash with his or her money then it clears all doubt that the individual might indeed be a foolish person

Lol.

Actually, when an adult wastes money buying an expensive phone whose only differential is branding, it calls into question their wisdom and value system. Such an adult might appear comparatively, the foolish one.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by guru90: 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
i can only quit my job, if the country is USA or Germany................. but China hell NO.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by kiltoko1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
Depends on the country
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by FREEMADNESS: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
shey una dey whine me ni
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by k00lxpert(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Depending on the kind of job
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
No pain no gain. but I cannot take the risk
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by abnot: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
Teewhy2:
OP since yesterday sef if there is opportunity and the resources is there, why do you think a bank senior officer earning averagely well will leave the country to Canada, US / UK and start with menial jobs pending when s/he will get a certificate that can help him get a more decent job.
It has to do with peace of mind, not everything is about physical cash.
OP should specify the job in question. The banking sector in Nigeria has been captured by a set of government aided capitalists who have killed professionalism, careers and destroyed the sector. Most employees in that sector feel enslaved and resort to making such moves you’ve described.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Capeverde: 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
For those of us waiting for the big deal to happen you can help your self by going into DIY nylon cutting and sealing business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht-GJ7cDVy8
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Fanuchi007: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
I will quit and go to Switzerland or Indonesia or probably Denmark. Tnk u all for d scholarship.
My ambition has always been to give my children a future outside the shores of diz sick country. Even if am earning 1 million a month, my child will still have a future outside diz geographical expression termed Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by just2endowed: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2021
FineUsername:

Reasons.

i will run

1 Like

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Kreme(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
I'll quit anything to get out of this cursed country

1 Like

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Sheuns(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
I go go China start export and procurement biz into Nigeria.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Beautibae: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
Apply for a study leave even if it is not approved,it will be on record that you didn't resign. Just incase you need the job back in the future.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by EverestMajur: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
I can't do that if the destination is China, but if it's Canada, I would definitely park my bags and go and after am done, I will carelessly get lost in Canada for the rest of my life.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by ruffhandu: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bro, I am about doing that now, will leave the bank.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Akinbiyiotes: 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
sha!! u dy wine me nii sha!! u dy wine me nii
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Arcbox(m): 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
[quote author=Collineno post=84828957]Considering the location China, I will not quit my job. I have Chinese friends who don't even want to stay in their country because the expectation from your employer is usually high compared to the salary.

My dear, it depends on the miss information you might have gotten. I have Nigerian guys who make a minimum of 1million naira every month in China here. I’m also in China. Mine is just to eat, read and sleep with atleast minimum of 500k every month. So try and get your fact right. It also depends on the type of scholarship you get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Signs That You Are Not Prepared For A Job Interview / My Husband,A Good Man-Help / Common Interview Questions And Answers Plus Other Interview Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.