Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? (19150 Views)

The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? / Why Did You Quit Your Last Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by jesicajonna(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Beta fly

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Quicktimerz(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
It baffles me to see that some persons are limited by the study that they have forgotten the lucrative part of studying in China. China is the world biggest economy. For me. I will quit my N1Million monthly job for a Degree course in China. As a business person, I will start China to 9ja Dropshiping. Infact, I will start China to the World Dropshiping. I will become an agent of redistribution. And when am traveling back after my Degree, I am sure coming back with 5 60ft containers and start business right away haven build strong business relationships for future business growth.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Gloriagee(f): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Take a study leave if u explore the option of working remotely and e no work. When doing your msc, try and get good grades and apply for PhD in the US/ Canada. Best of luck
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
SmartyPants:

Lol.

Actually, when an adult wastes money buying an expensive phone whose only differential is branding, it calls into question their wisdom and value system. Such an adult might appear comparatively, the foolish one.

Whose only difference is branding ? You must be an illiterate . Or one of those new transsion recruits who is an ssce holder grin

To think that the only difference between tecno and infinix versus other brands like samsung iphone htc Nokia is only branding then you are too stupid to argue with grin

No wonder you ended working for transsion!! grin

Go and learn what build quality, r and d means

Dummy
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Frales6(f): 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
I go quit my job say wetin happen na
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by florixi: 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
FineUsername:
Lets say you've a first degree, a PGD in different discipline and you're currently running a professional course which is related to your first degree and job; saving an average of 1.5m Naira a year from your work. Then, boom! An all full tuition scholarship (undergraduate) came with a monthly allowance of approximately 30k Naira. Location? China! Course? Same discipline with your first degree.

Will you resign from your current position for the scholarship?

Reasons.

Japa!! no time to shalaye . Serving 1.5m in the whole of one year shows that the economy of your country is very bad. the money you can make a week if you sabi hustle well well in UK or US.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by PoshLines5: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bet9JA SQUAD, we go risk am. grin grin[b][/b]
After all life is full of risk.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by SmartyPants(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
Saltybear:

Whose only difference is branding ? You must be an illiterate . Or one of those new transsion recruits who is an ssce holder grin

To think that the only difference between tecno and infinix versus other brands like samsung iphone htc Nokia is only branding then you are too stupid to argue with grin

No wonder you ended working for transsion!! grin

Go and learn what build quality, r and d means

Dummy

Lol. More foolish talk.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
SmartyPants:

Lol. More foolish talk.

Illiterate

Take the L and shut up grin
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by SmartyPants(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
Saltybear:

Illiterate

Take the L and shut up grin

Take the L?

Just as I thought... A child. Okay, thanks for the L.

undecided
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
SmartyPants:

Take the L?

Just as I thought... A child. Okay, thanks for the L.

undecided

Illiterate take the L and vamoose grin
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Zeeknow3245(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
If I am not studying any health Related course, I will never burn my money
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by famouscargo4u: 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
Definitely, most foreign schools give you visa that allows you to work especially Canada and most likely, you get to work after Graduation. You can also apply for permanent residency which is a pathway to becoming citizen of the country.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by mrnelsono(m): 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
without hesitation
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Contango(m): 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
FineUsername:
Lets say you've a first degree, a PGD in different discipline and you're currently running a professional course which is related to your first degree and job; saving an average of 1.5m Naira a year from your work. Then, boom! An all full tuition scholarship (undergraduate) came with a monthly allowance of approximately 30k Naira. Location? China! Course? Same discipline with your first degree.

Reasons.

Very hard to say but let me narrate my own experience.

I resigned a six figures job for PTDF MSc overseas scholarship in the UK. The course was directly related to my discipline. Even though I met a lot of opposition to my decision to quit the job for masters, I still did because I knew that that was very much what I wanted. I was very much interested in the course and cared less if I had to struggle in the job market again...I even posted my dilemma here on naira land with a different moniker and most nairalanders adviced me against the msc except those that had gone abroad before

Thank God I didn’t listen to those telling me to continue with my job at that time.

On returning, I spent a year at home but within that period, I got three job offers. The one I eventually took pays roughly four times my previous job, plus Job security, oppotunities to travel out and other beautiful incentives.

1 Like

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by tchidi066(f): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please don't quit your job, hold it tight, china is not a choiced country to me, i don't know about others, those people are damn racists and considering the fact you will be paid a stipend of 30k, also consider the course, why start a degree you already have, it's like repeating a secondary school twice, that's not making sense, keep your job, save up, then migrate to a better country...
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Deeemphasis01: 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yustash001:
Here to read comments from elders...
we dey together
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Goldbw122(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Considering the challenge we facing in this country, economic depression, country instability and many more disadvantage, we still have positive advantages but it is minor, so going to foreign country is indeed a additional advantages to self developed, so I will like to travel and quit my job when I have the financial resources to do just that..
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by MERCHANDISER: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
I will quit.. China isn't bad
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
post from 2019 undecided

1 Like

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Temptee101(m): 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
Whatever you do never miss this opportunity.

You want to stay put in a country whose currency is almost valueless?

Get out of this shithole and lay a good foundation for your kids outside this hell.

God knows I will give anything to leave this zoo.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
And return and start looking for job? Dumb idea.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Dreyton36: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Very useless question

See OP I go prefer to go fly abroad to go do agbero sef than to work for any naija man

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by AboveSOSO: 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
that is why i always say listen to your first thought. before you agree to any other advice

Contango:

I resigned a six figures job for PTDF MSc overseas scholarship in the UK. The course was directly related to my discipline. Even though I met a lot of opposition to my decision to quit the job for masters, I still did because I knew that that was very much what I wanted. I was very much interested in the course and cared less if I had to struggle in the job market again...I even posted my dilemma here on naira land with a different moniker and most nairalanders adviced me against the msc except those that had gone abroad before

Thank God I didn’t listen to those telling me to continue with my job at that time.

On returning, I spent a year at home but within that period, I got three job offers. The one I eventually took pays roughly four times my previous job, plus Job security, oppotunities to travel out and other beautiful incentives.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by ibechris(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Life is about risk and whatever u think would be beneficial to ur dreams,pls pursue it with determination.

Weigh ur decision very well and work towards making it a reality. Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa and the world at large and luckily China is the biggest and one of the strongest markets on earth...have u ever imagine,bringing in goods into this country? Just think about it. The opportunities are limitless indeed.

Good luck to u and do also remember,that whatever u do, consider ur unborn children. Poverty is real avoid passing it down to ur unborn children. So,awaken the giant in u and go forth and prosper.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Ayomi088(m): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Teewhy2:
OP since yesterday sef if there is opportunity and the resources is there, why do you think a bank senior officer earning averagely well will leave the country to Canada, US / UK and start with menial jobs pending when s/he will get a certificate that can help him get a more decent job.
It has to do with peace of mind, not everything is about physical cash.

Bros, i am in same dilemma. My wife is currently pestering me to relocate to canada despite earning averagely well. My fear is the part where i will have to start from square one again over there.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
I had a 70k job in Lagos just after service. I was lucky to get an opportunity for MSc in the UK. I didn't think twice about it, I took the opportunity and went to study. On coming back I earn far more than I did before travelling.
Take the opportunity, you won't regret it.
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
If its China no but USA, Canada and Europe yes
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by wealthyhenry(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
HehnryBlck:
Considering the location of China, I will also not quit my job. I agree that there are people in China who don't even want to stay in their country because the expectation from the employer is usually high compared to the salary.
grin you are not normal...
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Toseenlove: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
FineUsername:

Reasons.

This offer Is best suitable for people who Just finished school cert or first degree holders without Job In shiiiithole. A reasonable person saving N1.5Million yearly won't dare think of relocating to China.....
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Pisol(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!

@Seniorwriter

Senior writer can we talk.. 0eightone8nine4two2eight09. Or give me ur contact.. tnx

I just need side hustle besides teaching Biko..
Re: Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? by Toseenlove: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
Contango:

Why won't you quit, I absolutely understand your plight. Most of the accolades goes to God and your parents whom have suffered and paved way for you easily. "I spent a year at home" I have your types around me as Junior brothers.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N-power: Update On Device Selection / United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Invitation For Job Interview At Oriental Food Industries Ltd Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.