Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences (31933 Views)

Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija / Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Re: Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences by BigBashiru: 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

You've said it all

To make it in Nigeria is very difficult for a common man except through grace of God

Anybody who's opportuned to leave should do so and not be decieved by what they read online

How could someone who spent 31yrs in usa motivate me to stay back in Nigeria! Someone who left Nigeria even when the system is still ok compared to what we have on ground now

Is it everyone who could afford to buy a power generating set?

Is it everyone who could afford to drill borehole?

Is is everyone who will be able to go to standard private hospital when they are sick?

The white man did not leave Nigeria in a much better state than it is today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences by BigBashiru: 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
After reading a thread on Nairaland titled (Naija to Yankee: Thoughts and Experience), I thought I should document my move in the opposite direction. I thought this would make for a nice read because it’s the opposite of what’s going on now with everyone seemingly fleeing Nigeria.

I left Nigeria in July 1986 to get a degree in aviation and complete training on becoming a commercial airline pilot. Having never seen a computer before I left Nigeria I was instantly hooked by computers and programming when arrived in the USA and I changed my course to computer science. My first program I leant was Turbo Pascal.

But I’m jumping ahead. Let’s go back to 1986.

Stay tuned.

Copied from Village Headmaster Forums @ http://forums.villageheadmaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52#p59

The British left nigeria in 1960. By 1986 it was in decline but still okay. By 2021 it's now a shithole. So the question is why can't the black man manage their countries?

1 Like

Re: Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences by Pritipresh(f): 2:38am On Aug 30, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Isaac Fayose Becomes A Van Driver In UK (Video) / The Sango Ota Flyover Bridge Needs Quick Attention (PHOTOS) / The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.