Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? (25701 Views)

Governor Wike Commissions Secondary School At Eleme In Rivers State / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man / From 'okirika Clothe' Seller To Millionaire Overnight At 23. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:37am On Dec 16, 2019
Dr kola oyewo started at 46. No big deal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Elaric(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2019
My friend, give thks to God for life. Secondly u can if u think/know/believe/determined that u can.
My wife went back to school at 27 after Three kids,she just graduated last Month from a University.
A word is enough for the wise

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2019
Ishilove:
23?

Please don't go. You are too old to be fighting space with KG students.

Smh
This account must have been hacked.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by DenreleDave(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2019
NarnieSnyper:
And I was thinking me that graduated at age 26 as odd. Though I did my OND program first then started all over at 22 to attain my BSc. Dude it is not too late to achieve success.
My only regret is that I didn't gather enough millions before going back for my Bsc.

Oya chop knuckle.. Bruh
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Tarabye: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2019
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Meenabee(f): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2019
When you get to school you will find out for yourself when your classmate is old enuf to be your uncle. Your time is ryt head on out my friend
xtremeTall:
Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1 minutes and advise me because i think ive been following the wrong path for 5 years...

I completed my secondary School Education in 2014 and since then I've been Applying for the Nigeria Armed forces recruitments,i had wrote their Aptitude Test Exams like 8 to 9 times before i eventually passed the Airforce Exams for 2017.

i went for their Physical screening in Kaduna,we undergo staunch health Screening."Thier medical facilities there are Top notch o"..anyway,i was disqualified for ill health reason,(i have a short sightedness),with tears in my eye i inform my Dad who had been very supportive the news.

To cut my story short,i had been doing some work i don't really like since i gave up Career in the Nigeria Armed force.I am determined to go back to the university and study Law,,i know my parents would be glad to know i had came up with this idea but I'm thinking at 23?..IS IT POSSIBLE..i need your advise pls

Mods pls help
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by bigl: 9:48am On Dec 16, 2019
Read up:

https://www.nairaland.com/5583580/dr-bukola-bello-mum-went

Mum who went back to school after 4 kids! Graduates with PHD!

So, whats your excuse?

xtremeTall:
Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1 minutes and advise me because i think ive been following the wrong path for 5 years...

I completed my secondary School Education in 2014 and since then I've been Applying for the Nigeria Armed forces recruitments,i had wrote their Aptitude Test Exams like 8 to 9 times before i eventually passed the Airforce Exams for 2017.

i went for their Physical screening in Kaduna,we undergo staunch health Screening."Thier medical facilities there are Top notch o"..anyway,i was disqualified for ill health reason,(i have a short sightedness),with tears in my eye i inform my Dad who had been very supportive the news.

To cut my story short,i had been doing some work i don't really like since i gave up Career in the Nigeria Armed force.I am determined to go back to the university and study Law,,i know my parents would be glad to know i had came up with this idea but I'm thinking at 23?..IS IT POSSIBLE..i need your advise pls

Mods pls help
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Parablesonmarble: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2019
healthserve:
Allow me tell a tale to reply.. To the question

1. The old man who acted in the matrix trilogy acted the top three films of his career at when he had almost considered retiring, at almost about 70 years

2. A British woman, a grandma was trying to swim across the Atlantic to make a world record. As she was engaging in the act, the tides became so strong, that she gave up, when she was pulled out of the water, she noticed she was just 15 minutes away from her desire. Guess what she did, she tried again the second year, when she reached around the same spot she experienced a tide, she thought it to herself as a challenge and put more effort. She ended up making it. When she came out, she said never too old to chase your dream. She was around 60-70.

Obasanjo became president at an old age

Point is, you're the one checking your performance against the calendar. If no one has placed limitations on you, don't place them on yourself.

Go for it. I have cousins signing up for medicine even at 25. So you're not too young, not too late. You're where you're ready to be to make the most of your life experiences towards your objective

And do remember, life's a process, just like a bicycle, to maintain balance, we must keep moving

Thanks bro. I'm right in my middle age and I still intend to go back to school to get a particular degree I've long for all my life, even if I have other degrees in the bag. We only stop learning when we die. Learning has little to do with age but everything to do with desire.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by richieray: 10:08am On Dec 16, 2019
No excuse,You are your own mountain,until you conquer thyself,you will remain stagnant.A Nigerian mum just got her Phd after 4kids,you can draw motivation from that. if it's easy everyone will do it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by fattprince(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2019
I entered Unilag for accounting at 17 years. I didn't have any carryover as at year 2 except for one borrowed course. Then in year 3 I started struggling with the course that I had extra year. But guess what I did instead of trying to just pass my courses and graduate with pass or third class I wrote jamb again then I was already 24 and I passed into this same Unilag but now in business administration. I will be in year 3 now when we resume. What I'm saying in summary is that age doesn't stop you time is infinite. You have got as much as you want. But me I'm still planning on traveling abroad after school to play professional soccer so I'm only just 16 if you know what I mean. Don't cast me later oo when you see me on TV or read about me on paper and you hear "the 21 year old had a great game today" in the next 5 years

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by rago(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:

Mods pls help

Shaking my head! Ur just 23! And you already have strong concerns about returning to school. Smh! Smh!

I went to the university at 29. I'm done!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Ebiskele: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2019
Bro your still fresh like fresh wine....fill that Jamb form asap

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by fattprince(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2019
Meenabee:
When you get to school you will find out for yourself when your classmate is old enuf to be your uncle. Your time is ryt head on out my friend
I thought I will be the oldest in my class this time around but I still saw someone I couldn't call by name who just started school for the first time. And at least I know 2 that we are in the same age bracket. Though my classmates think I'm like 21 with the wey they roll with me.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Ebiskele: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
fattprince:
I entered Unilag for accounting at 17 years. I didn't have any carryover as at year 2 except for one borrowed course. Then in year 3 I started struggling with the course that I had extra year. But guess what I did instead of trying to just pass my courses and graduate with pass or third class I wrote jamb again then I was already 24 and I passed into this same Unilag but now in business administration. I will be in year 3 now when we resume. What I'm saying in summary is that age doesn't stop you time is infinite. You have got as much as you want. But me I'm still planning on traveling abroad after school to play professional soccer so I'm only just 16 if you know what I mean. Don't cast me later oo when you see me on TV or read about me on paper and you hear "the 21 year old had a great game today" in the next 5 years
...hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:

Mods pls help

After so much trouble with my educational path, I gained admission into the university at age 26, I'm now in final year with 4.11 cgpa. Bro, you are your own limit.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by RexEmmyGee: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:

Mods pls help
Lol. Once you get the admission, you'll find out that age wise you will be among the children of the class
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by KAYSANTOS: 10:39am On Dec 16, 2019
I gained admission recently at the age of 24
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Ptolemy22: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2019
The first friend I made at auniport was a 35 years old man and we were in the same level 100, fast forward to when we graduated at 2015, dude should be how many years ?

This year, he wrote jamb to study Law at RSU and he has been admitted.
And he is closer to 45>40 so 23 is never too old

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Hestywhyt(f): 10:47am On Dec 16, 2019
Of coz... I went back for my HND @ 27

It's no big deal..just stay focused and wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 16, 2019
Most of the comments here are very encouraging.

Op, I understand why you asked this question cos they are some Universities that are very discriminative when it comes to age especially some frustrated lecturers will make you consider yourself a looser for attending University at such age.

I'm a victim of such scenario, a lecturer once asked me what is ur age? I told him I'm 25, he said at this stage of age you are in 200l while ur mates have gotten married, at that spot I felt as the most useless being on Earth.

Op, if you determine go back to school just stand ur feet and buy jamb form forget what pple will say concerning ur age.

Wish you success!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by barragan: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2019
When you eventually decide to go back to school you will meet people old enough to father you there. In fact you might be one of the youngest there.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by studM(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2019
Wat is ds one saying... I gained admission to uni at 26yrs of age
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by frank034: 11:06am On Dec 16, 2019
I completed University this year. But within me, I feel i am not that much good in mathematics.
Last night in picked mathematics textbook from primary 1 to 6 to start all over again and build a solid foundation.

I am seeing myself as a mathematician in the nearest future.

Am 26 years old.

Not too old to start

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Niyinficient(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2019
gly2ken:
I applied for Jamb 4 times, and got admission at almost 23, graduated at 27 got job immediately. My maturity made me to graduate with a good grade and today I am doing well in my career.

Are you me or I am you? Because this is my story right here...just that i got a stable job at 29. I lived through school struggles, ups and downs, pressures and all of that due to my 'maturity'...Age is just a number but even numbers are not the same. There are differences.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:

Mods pls help

What is wrong with 23?

In fact, most of the people u wld meet in 100 level wld be around 20 - 23.

Some of ur classmates would even be old enough to be ur dad.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Lilytrota: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2019
I had a 50+years old in my dept then trying to get a first degree.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by SamgoldBaba: 11:20am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:
Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1
https://www.nairaland.com/5583580/dr-bukola-bello-mum-went

Mods pls help
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Coolgent(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:

Mods pls help

Just 23years?
You are still very young!
I graduated at the age of 30, am still going to further my education next year.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by sirjakez(m): 11:46am On Dec 16, 2019
Why not. my elder brother's friend is in 200l and the guy is 30yrs
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Rajosh(m): 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
have you ever heard about age restrictions in school? Have you seen someone chased for being too old to study?

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by umarshehu58(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
23 and you are complaining. Bros u well so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Nairalander Graduates As Best Student In OAUTHC School Of Nursing / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / Amotekun Killed University Of Ibadan Student, Attacked Union Leaders - NANS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.