Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. (34499 Views)

What Should I Do? My Husband Said Our Marriage Is Over-Pls Advise / My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by mechanics(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2019
Just iron things out with him in love and reassure him of your submission and respect to him.
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by luminouz(m): 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2019
tchidi066:
Seriously all these constant marital issues on nl is getting me scared, i'm beginning to think twice about marriage...Maybe i should remain single n raise kids as a single mom or wat... but last last my people no go gree being the only daughter... Chai embarassed embarassed embarassed

Come here,make I give you belle sharp sharp... wink
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2019
God! Tales by moonlight every now and then.

Between this section and romance section I can’t tell which one has more fake stories these days

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by mumumugu(m): 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
ebyjoyken:
Hi! Good morning all.

I have been married for 10 years, and I have never had any serious issues with my husband, I have never treated his mother badly. I love his mum just like i love mine. I lost my dad last year and my husband never showed any concern towards my family, i didn't call any of my siblings or my mum till date.

But recently each time we are having a discussion he keeps saying that anytime I challenge him that he will ask my children to insult me. This breaks my heart because i was never rude to my parents as child even as an adult. I have never spoken ill of my husband before my kids, so i don't understand why he keeps saying that to me. My children mean alot to me, i have invested so much in my kids and they are lovely children. I am scared that he might start poisoning their minds towards me.

Matured advice needed please.

shower your children with love and affection. that will resist his attempt on them.they won't fall for his tactics
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by luminouz(m): 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
Philpham:
Men will always be the devil in marriages, especially black men, they are cursed

I'm a black man and I'm not cursed!! undecided
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by chronique(m): 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
ebyjoyken:
Hi! Good morning all.

I have been married for 10 years, and I have never had any serious issues with my husband, I have never treated his mother badly. I love his mum just like i love mine. I lost my dad last year and my husband never showed any concern towards my family, i didn't call any of my siblings or my mum till date.

But recently each time we are having a discussion he keeps saying that anytime I challenge him that he will ask my children to insult me. This breaks my heart because i was never rude to my parents as child even as an adult. I have never spoken ill of my husband before my kids, so i don't understand why he keeps saying that to me. My children mean alot to me, i have invested so much in my kids and they are lovely children. I am scared that he might start poisoning their minds towards me.

How do you guys manage to get married to fools and idiots?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
One-sided c.o.c.k&bull story.

You are painting yourself as being the victim. After a wonderful ten years marriage (according to you), your husband just woke up 1 day and started threatening to ask your kids to disrespect you.. ? And you want sensible adults to believe this story ? Are you sure you have not been using the kids against him whenever you guys have any misunderstanding, and he probably got fed up and threatens to retaliate,and you come to NL with this one-sided thrash..

One question : If he's such a horrible husband, why are you still with him? DIVORCE him.. Is he holding you hostage with a gun to your head?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by vickydankal(f): 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
Philpham:

Are u intelligent at all. Listen to the trash u r spewing

I'm not good insulting people, especially when I'm the elder one. It won't hurt to dispute my writeup in a civil and matured manner, but here you are.... What I wrote up there is for men. Don't mistake yourself as one of them.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Ferdinandu(m): 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
ebyjoyken:
Hi! Good morning all.

Except if you are not what a typical mom is. You have nothing to fear, his effort to poison their mind against you will definitely backfire against them. Kids are naturally closer and feels easier with their mum than Dad. At 7yrs at least kids already have minds of their own, they are more like a dog. That a neighbour gives a dog food doesn't make it not to know it's real owner. If your kids is already closer to you now, it is going to be efforts in futility. Except if they are closer to their Dad then you may have something to worry about
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Martinez39(m): 10:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
I could give detailed, sound, and coherent reasons why this story is probably false and, at least, doesn't make sense. However, let assume the truthfulness of your story and say that your husband is a terrible person and you need to discuss with him and tell him that any disagreement should be between you two only and the children shouldn't be involved in it. Also make it clear to your kids that you love them and will always have the good intentions towards them.
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by BOFREJO(m): 10:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
Macsjebs:
Wow....What's happening to the marriage institution
Because it takes years to be a Graduate and everyone want to be a Graduate on time.....
so how would you expect an inane to stay long in such institution.
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Kapapa: 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
I laugh at those who said he can't do it. Do you know how he intends to achieve that? Take no man's word for granted he can go exra mile to achieve

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Frankyboy1(m): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2019
tchidi066:
Seriously all these constant marital issues on nl is getting me scared, i'm beginning to think twice about marriage...Maybe i should remain single n raise kids as a single mom or wat... but last last my people no go gree being the only daughter... Chai embarassed embarassed embarassed

You look more like a maid than an only daughter, my observations though
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by BabaIbo: 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

I have noticed one trend with so called males here, they usually type @emboldened when it is a female stating her issues, but when it's a male, their functioning brain goes on hibernation, SMH!!

If you want to hear the other side of the story, kindly get in touch with the horseband, and bring him here to say his version, in the meantime, this is all we have, if you are not satisfied with her version, don't even try to comment, and the next time you see a female thread stating her sad family issues, kindly jump and pass.

Post whatever you have to post(i.e advise her) and leave the males alone.
If only you know the reason behind that decision you won't type those things you typed there.
You think someone like me will come online and jump to conclusion with only one side of the story.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by healthserve(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

People rush into marriages with near total strangers....because they feel time is running out on them, because the other party has money, etc.

Some ladies go so far as using juju to snare hapless men into marriage & of course in such cases the day juju expires is the day wahala starts. This is a fùcked-up society with fùcked-up values

Really fvkec up one's. I couldn't have painted the narrative any better
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Skmoda360(m): 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2019
MedicH:
How does he relax? Does he smoke constantly or intermittently? His brains no correct.
This crack me up grin grin[center][/center] grin
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
Martinez39:
I could give detailed, sound, and coherent reasons why this story is probably false and, at least, doesn't make sense. However, let assume the truthfulness of your story and say that your husband is a terrible person and you need to discuss with him and tell him that any disagreement should be between you two only and the children shouldn't be involved in it. Also make it clear to your kids that you love them and will always have the good intentions towards them.

IF YOU SEE THE MAN'S PART OF THE STORY YOU'LL REGRET EVER PAYING THIS WOMAN ANY ATTENTION.
I STOPPED READING AT THE SECOND SENTENCE WHEN I REALIZED THE DIRECTION SHE WAS HEADING TO.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Akwukwonso: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=GrabHisBalls post=84873692] You need to rephrase the emboldened to 'whenever you guys have disagreements which subsequent leads to a quarrel'.

Firstly, your marriage has lasted a decade so you should know your husband more than anyone. If you really need a solution, then you should look inward to see if there are things you do or say to him that he finds disrespecting. There lies one of your solutions.

Secondly, you're obviously bitter your husband didn't call your family when you lost your dad. Have you found out from him why he didn't? Did your family offend him in any way? And even if he was offended, nothing justifies not sharing his condolence at that time. Regardless, you have to forgive him in order to have a peaceful marriage since he's your husband.

Lastly, you don't have to be scared if you've been in your best behavior or get angry when it's demanded. Your kids are actually seeing everything and know quite a lot if you're thinking they don't. When your husband is in his best mood, you should have a talk with him to resolve these underlying issues before they'll escalate to something irreconcilable.

Whoever you are that gave this piece of advice, you are a GIFT! I learned a good lesson now. God bless you a great deal.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
ebyjoyken:
Hi! Good morning all.

The future is too far for you to be worried about. Besides, why do you need your kids loyalty to be what you are? Those kids are strangers and so is your husband. You are here on a mission, and that mission does not need your husband and kids to complete.

Meditate and invite the intuitive guidance system to show you your mission, so you can focus on your mission and be less worried about these distracting and artificial assignment called family responsibilities. You have a greater task to complete before you Exit the Matrix.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by YorubaLord: 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
This is exactly what we are saying on a thread that got to front page today, imagine this mistake of a man and father, him and his wife have issues, instead of him to resolve it, he wants to involve the kids and make them antagonise the mum, what has the kids got to do with it? Instead of the ones above to comment fairly, they are looking for his version, no matter what the woman said, what type of man will tell his kids to do such? If reverse was the case and woman told their kids to insult their dad, the comments would have reached page ten by now with all manner of insults on the woman,

The husband doesn't obviously want to be challenged in the decisions that involves the family, he wants a 'yes sir' kind of woman, he wants to subdue her smh, does he expect his decisions to be right all the time? How will they be able to rub minds together on whats best for the family

Madam Op, anytime he says anything, don't challenge, react or talk back, just be looking at him and ignore, let him say his own and do whatever he thinks is right, you too, do whatever you think is right, when he sees the arrangement isn't palatable due to clashes, he will remorsefully call you for a heart to heart talk.

Sisi… You no well, I swear! angry

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by BabaIbo: 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2019
tchidi066:

Abeg choose one and let the men know the serious ones.
You're talking as if na you go marry person abi na person go marry you... na you wan pay bride price.
I dislike people that always have a wavy or negative thoughts about something cos of few complaints on that thing.
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by BabaIbo: 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IF YOU SEE THE MAN'S PART OF THE STORY YOU'LL REGRET EVER PAYING THIS WOMAN ANY ATTENTION.
I STOPPED READING AT THE SECOND SENTENCE WHEN I REALIZED THE DIRECTION SHE WAS HEADING TO.

Na their way/style/pattern
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by April4th(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
ebyjoyken:
I spend more time with the kids than he does. When we got married, he asked me to live in the village with his mum and sister my parents refused and asked him to get an apartment for me in the city. Which he later did. Since then he hated my family for challenging him.

Now you’re talking, the true story why he doesn’t like your family is unraveling.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Emma1Oj(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
What is going on with marriages this days ?
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by budusky05(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
1)But recently each time we are having a discussion he keeps saying that anytime I challenge him that he will ask my children to insult me.

What kind of discussion or do you mean quarrel or arguments?

Why do you challenge your hubby?

2) I have never spoken ill of my husband before my kids, so i don't understand why he keeps saying that to me.

Q A) Do you speak I'll to his face when you guys quarrel?
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
ebyjoyken:
Hi! Good morning all.

Poison their minds first.
Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by zigzagluv: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
thats not true, I have seen a man talk ill of his wife to his children , to the level the children are calling their mother prostitute ,5boys, the last boy is 9 years. When the mother try to discipline them, they will be calling their mother name publicly sometimes they will tell their father to slap their mother, The woman got married to the man at 19.The man is from Abia, they children dont have regard for their mother..
Larryfest:
Kids naturally love their mom more than the dad so there's no amount of poisoning he can poison the kids mind that will change their mind against you as long as you remain a good mom and a wife too..

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by Luckysbab: 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
luminouz:

You didn't even get the real joke!!!

He meant the husband can never succeed in turning her kids against her.

Your blood is hot today,wetin happen na?

Why are you pampering the nutcase; you wan marry her?

Disgusting!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. by luminouz(m): 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2019
Luckysbab:

Why are you pampering the nutcase; you wan marry her?

Disgusting!

Lol.....nope @ your question.

I just needed to let her know due to her energized emotional state, she misunderstood a simple statement.

I never take things on NL that serious bro grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window / Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns / Is This Wrong? Married Woman Hugging Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.