Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison (13772 Views)

Senators Visit Atiku To Show Their Support For Saraki As Senate President (Pic) / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by silami(m): 4:10am On Nov 27, 2010
Atiku to Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot in Prison
•Accuses Jonathan of voodoo economics
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja and Idowu Sowunmi in Lagos, 11.26.2010
Former vice president and the northern consensus presidential aspirant, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar yesterday lashed out at the seemingly irreverent response given by former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday when asked to comment on the choice of his former vice president as the consensus candidate.

The Atiku Campaign Organisation also condemned the economic policies of the President Goodluck Jonathan administration, stating that the federal government was taking deliberate attempt to distort facts and confuse Nigerians on the economic performance of the administration.

Obasanjo had on Thursday retorted, "I dey Laugh" when asked to comment on the choice of Atiku as the consensus presidential aspirant of a northern political group led by Adamu Ciroma.
But the deputy director general of the Atiku Campaign Organisation, Ibrahim Bashir revealed that when the former vice president was informed that Obasanjo laughed when asked to comment on Atiku’s selection, Atiku responded: "Why won’t he laugh; he would have rot in the Yola Prison if not for (General Ibrahim) Babangida and General Abdullsami Abubakar."
Still referring to Obasanjo’s comical stance on Atiku selection, Bashir said, "It was after all Obasanjo that first chose Atiku as vice president, when he had won his election as the governor of Adamawa State."

The Atiku Organisation also condemned the economic policies of the Jonathan administration, explaining that the federal government was deliberately distorting the facts and confusing Nigerians on the economic performance of the administration particularly in the implementation of the capital components of the 2010 Appropriation Act as amended and supplemented.
Said the organisation: "The Jonathan administration according to the Medium Term Expenditure Framework 2011-2013 has led Nigeria into a budget deficit of 6.06 per cent of GDP and plans a deficit of 5.75 per cent of the GDP in 2011 contrary to the provisions of Section 12 of the Fiscal Responsibility Act on aggregate expenditure ceiling.

"The three per cent rule can only be exceeded if in the opinion of the president, there is a clear and present threat to national security or sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Nigeria or it may be exceeded if the National Assembly determines any other percentage as sustainable.

"Empirical evidence sho-ws that the administration had last year presented a budget containing deficits far in excess of the three per cent rule."

The Atiku Organisation held that "to state that the economy should not be the subject of political discourse is a display of ignorance," noting that the undulating fortunes of the Republican and Democratic parties in America have been based on the performance of the American economy.

"President Obama was elected on his superior economic reform agenda whilst the loss of a large number of congressional seats in the mid-term elections was premised on the slow rate of economic recovery particularly in creating new jobs and cutting down the deficit."

The organisation said the 2010 Amended and Supplementary Budgets provides N2,669.01 billion for recurrent non-debt expenditure, N1,764.69 billion for capital expenditure, N542.38 billion for debt service and N183.58 billion for statutory transfers.
"These figures as a percentage of the overall budget represent 52 per cent for recurrent non-debt expenditure, 34 per cent for capital expenditure, 10 per cent for debt service and four per cent for statutory transfers respectively," the statement explained.

The Federal Executive Council through the Minister of Finance, Dr. Olusegun Aganga had warned Atiku not to play politics with the economy, while the Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation also took a swipe at the former vice president over his criticism that President Jonathan was mismanaging the nation's economy.

Atiku, had in a press conference on Tuesday asked some pertinent questions on the economy. "Why are our budgets not being implemented? Why has the money in our Excess Crude Account disappeared at a time when oil prices have been way above the benchmark used for our budget estimates? Why are our foreign reserves being depleted to dangerous levels leading to rating agencies downgrading our status?” queried Atiku.

But the Director Research and Strategy of Jonathan/Sambo Campaign, Mike Omeri, noted with dismay that Atiku displayed stark ignorance on the performance of the economy, explaining that even the International Monetary Fund acknowledged the upward movement of our economy and has rated the nation's economy as buoyant.
However, the Atiku Campaign Organisation yesterday disagreed and described the federal government’s claims on budget implementation as a fraud.

"Dr. Aganga had informed the House of Representatives in plenary in the first week of November 2010 that of the entire capital budget, only the sum of N749 billion had been released, cash-backed and was available for ministries, departments and agencies of government (MDAs) to draw from."
"This is however N1 billion less that the N750 billion he claimed to have released and cash-backed," the statement said.

www.thisdayonline.com
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Osama10(m): 4:19am On Nov 27, 2010
Let these dirty old men keep disgracing themselves all over the place after looting the country dry they can't shut up for good.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by 1025: 9:22am On Nov 27, 2010
these are two outstanding criminals in nigeria. i wonder why as big as obasanjo, he is always afraid of atiku. if i have my way, i will give atiku the chance to role nigeria so that i will see what will happen because i am always interested in knowing why obj dreads atiku like hell.
i became more interested in their rivary in 2007 when obasanjo through his dog (ccfe chairman) told nigerians that atiku is a thief and instead of atiku denying that, he said yes but we are two. the dog did his best but atiku stood his ground so both obasabjo and his dog cld not pull atiku down.
the fear of atiku has remained the begining of wisdom for obasanjo.
atiku stood his ground against 3rd term agenda and we know the rest of the stories.
in obasanjo's whole life, i think the most challanging task has been to stop atiku from becoming the president at least not while he (obasanjo) is alive.
as usual, when two elephants(obj and atiku) fight, the grass (nigeria, nigerians and our economy) suffers.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Blazay(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2010
More please.
I knew that the only person that could tackle this multi-headed hydra of an OBJ was Atiku.
Win, lose or draw, Atiku is my man.

Gooooooooooooo "Tikkkkku"!!! cool

"Why won’t he laugh; he would have rot in the Yola Prison if not for (General Ibrahim) Babangida and General Abdullsami Abubakar."

Gboza!

Nigerian politics sweet sha.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Beaf: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2010
Its funny the way a simple statement like "I de laugh!" can make a would be president like Atiku resort to gutter behaviour!
Wow! His retort to a sarcastic joke was straight out of the latrine! The sort of thing you would expect from a drugged up area boy or stick weilding almajiri! Haba!

Why would a man like Atiku, who is wanted in the US for laundering 6 billion Naira stolen from Nigeria even mention the word, jail? shocked
Is he hoping to live there soon?
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Vindy: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2010
I still dey laff, Naija! Na God go help.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Blazay(m): 9:50am On Nov 27, 2010
@ the beafy one,

I feel your pain bro.
Una don jam Olumo rock of Gibraltar. grin
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Nsiman(m): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2010
Kettle calling pot black. Atiku is barred from travelling to th U. S on money laundering, and i wonder if nigeria will afford to have a president that is barred from travelling to a country of choice. Atiku i continue to say has no agenda for nigeria else he will be campaigning with it rather than attacking his opponents.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Nsiman(m): 11:00am On Nov 27, 2010
Kettle calling pot black. Atiku is barred from travelling to th U. S on money laundering, and i wonder if nigeria will afford to have a president that is barred from travelling to a country of choice. Atiku i continue to say has no agenda for nigeria else he will be campaigning with it rather than attacking his opponents.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by redsun(m): 11:35am On Nov 27, 2010
A case of 2 rogue elephants fighting.In this case gullible nigerians that believe in wayward role models like dem 2 sub-animals are d bush.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by rasputinn(m): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2010
Beaf:

Its funny the way a simple statement like "I de laugh!" can make a would be president like Atiku resort to gutter behaviour!

Why should it be funny.Atiku's has no integrity,no high morals,he's gay and he's desperate for financial and political rehabilitition.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by denony(m): 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2010
it's getting more interesting
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by amurx(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2010
i dey laff, we dey laff. Na naija we dey
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by ndcide(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2010
1-1
now who gives the next shot.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2010
Nsiman:

Says who? Is there a source for this wild allegation, or is it just another untruth that is repeated so often that it assumes the status of truth?

rasputinn:

Why should it be funny.Atiku's has no integrity,no high morals, he's gay and he's desperate for financial and political rehabilitition.

A man has several wives and concubines (including a certain Genevievy actress, allegedly) and yet you so magisterially declare him gay? Please define 'gay' for us.

. . .And as for him wanting financial 'rehabilitation', I know that must be a big joke. Your entire village and mine put together may never make as much money as this man is worth in our entire lives.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by FBS: 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2010
Drama. . .
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Beaf: 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2010
pro01:

Says who? Is there a source for this wild allegation, or is it just another untruth that is repeated so often that it assumes the status of truth?

. . .

Are you saying Atiku can get on a plane and fly into any place that is under the jurisdiction of US courts?
Abeg, tell anoda story jare!
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by gentlegg(m): 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2010
Only "I dey laugh" and this guy is killing himself
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by juman(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2010
I dey laugh o!
grin cheesy wink smiley grin cheesy wink smiley grin grin cheesy grin wink grin
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by silami(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2010
Beaf:

Are you saying Atiku can get on a plane and fly into any place that is under the jurisdiction of US courts?
Yes because i saw him with my two eyes recently in DC
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by T9ksy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2010
Quote from: pro01 on Today at 12:31:59 PM

.And as for him wanting financial 'rehabilitation', I know that must be a big joke. Your entire village and mine put together may never make as much money as this man is worth in our entire lives

No one here is disputing his enormous wealth however, we are curious to know the source of his colossal fortune. I hope you 're not one of those nigerians who swallowed hook, line and the whole bloody sink, the fallacy that he made his riches from Real estate and farming. yeah right! and i am the great grand-son of king Solomon and the queen of Sheba!!!

Bloody kleptocrat, who ought to be singing like a canary in some prison with hard labour.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by mbulela: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2010
Beaf:

Wow! His retort to a sarcastic joke was straight out of the latrine! The sort of thing you would expect from a drugged up area boy or stick weilding almajiri! Haba!

Why would a man like Atiku, who is wanted in the US for laundering 6 billion Naira stolen from Nigeria even mention the word, jail? shocked

where is the source of this accusation?
I keep hearing it being repeated all over the place but no concrete evidence online.
Hope it is not a case of repeating a rumour so often then it becomes 'truth'?
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by scopusng(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2010
I no fit talk but i dey laugh. Hahahahaaha
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Beaf: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2010
silami:

Sir, you lie or you need glasses!

Mrs Atiku was the last vestige of the family left in the US. . . She bolted rather untidily from the place this year, because she is wanted. Mr Atiku himself is smart enough not to make foolish claims about visiting the US, cos such is easy to disprove.

The fckers hurriedly sold their $1.7million Potomac house and bolted from the US, never to return. Guess why? Too many court summons! Summons ti po ju! grin
They were even trailled to Abuja with summons! You know why? The morafucker is wanted for money laundering in the US, one of Uncle Sams most serious crimes since the 9/11 incident, part of their war on terror.

Do you care to know how much Atiku laundered? Dude, it was 6 billion Naira. . . In 2008 alone!
Damn! An amount so weighty to the jaw bones, that Atiku became the subject of the US Senate. Thats government that does fck around, they cough and Iraq burns. Do you still think Atiku can fly into JFK?
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Beaf: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2010
mbulela:

where is the source of this accusation?
I keep hearing it being repeated all over the place but no concrete evidence online.
Hope it is not a case of repeating a rumour so often then it becomes 'truth'?

Shame on you for asking such a daft question, I would expect less vocal people to ask such, not a know all like you.
You are always first to criticise even when you are Mr. ignorant!
I don't even know where to begin replying you from in an issue that is so basic. Help yourself; Google keywords like, US Senate, Atiku, Potomac, Douglas, $40, 000, 000.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2010
Beaf:

I am saying that you should tell me which agency declared him wanted in the US: is it the FBI, CIA, IRS, DEA, the Secret Service or indeed NASA (since Atiku may well be an alien)? Why not just show a a damn credible source instead of vehemently repeating spurious beer parlour allegations.
silami:

Maybe he sneaked in dressed like a woman - ala alamieyeseigha. Or so the likes of Beaf would have us believe.

T9ksy:

Quote from: pro01 on Today at 12:31:59 PM

No one here is disputing his enormous wealth however, we are curious to know the source of his colossal fortune. I hope you 're not one of those nigerians who swallowed hook, line and the whole bloody sink, the fallacy that he made his riches from Real estate and farming. yeah right! and i am the great grand-son of king Solomon and the queen of Sheba!!!

Bloody kleptocrat, who ought to be singing like a canary in some prison with hard labour.

Actually, some people are. That's why Nsiman was alleging that Atiku is in search of financial 'rehabilitation', and I felt duty-bound to disabuse his mind. As for the source of his wealth, that is a different topic altogether. But we all know politics is the biggest business in Nigeria. As such, let's just say that Atiku is a very successful businessman.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by mbulela: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2010
Beaf:

Shame on you for asking such a daft question, I would expect less vocal people to ask such, not a know all like you.
You are always first to criticise even when you are Mr. ignorant!
I don't even know where to begin replying you from in an issue that is so basic. Help yourself; Google keywords like, US Senate, Atiku, Potomac, Douglas, $40, 000, 000.
I will not dignify your rant with a proper comment or a response in kind.
it seems trading insults online gives you o rgasmic pleasure.
enjoy yourself.
i will never stoop so low to your level.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by zylla(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2010
Drama. . .

Act 1 Scene 1

Let the show begin,
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by KINGSOLALA: 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2010
Why is this BIG THIEF desperate to RULE NAIJA. He left PDP for AC , now he is back to PDP , all this efforts is to have a platform to rule NAIJA

Now , the questions are , why is he soo desperate to rule naija, somebody that have shown that he is very inconsistent in his policies ( PDP TO AC , BACK TO PDP) and in character ( TRACK RECORD -THIEF )

CONCLUSION : WHY HE IS COMING BACK IS TO STOLE MORE BECAUSE THIEVES ARE NEVER TIRED OF STEALING.
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Ericology(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2010
Beaf:

The mere fact that u support GEJ has already compromised ur judgement, now u r making funny arguments, What stopped an ex head of state from commenting on the question posed to him about Atiku? why wont he open up on who hes supporting cuz as an elder statesman many people will be looking up to him for endorsements, Stop this blind allegiance and be truthful to urself, 4 ur infor, i am voting Jonathan but wld nt hesitate to disagree with him on some issues i found on the other side, Most people who votyed for Obama did nt agree 100% with all what he said during the campaign but they probably agreed more with him than others, i rest my case
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by Faeb: 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2010
Ericology:

The mere fact that u support GEJ has already compromised your judgement, now u r making funny arguments, What stopped an ex head of state from commenting on the question posed to him about Atiku? why wont he open up on who hes supporting cuz as an elder statesman many people will be looking up to him for endorsements, Stop this blind allegiance and be truthful to urself, 4 your infor, i am voting Jonathan but wld nt hesitate to disagree with him on some issues i found on the other side, Most people who votyed for Obama did nt agree 100% with all what he said during the campaign but they probably agreed more with him than others, i rest my case

I don't see what GEJ has to do with Obj's laughter. Maybe you can explain that?
Re: Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison by gabreel: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2010
[i]good day to you folks, you see , i don`t have problem about Atiku Abubakar ambition in becoming the next president of the country but[/i] , i dey laugh,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Falana & Funmi Iyanda On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Channels TV / Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau / Hillary Clinton Blasts President Jonathan. Claims He's Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.