Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? (57915 Views)

I Look So Older Than My Age! Will I Ever Get A Man To Marry Me? / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? / A Nairalander Tie The Knot With Old Time Course Mate 15 Years After Graduation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 20, 2019
Fairview1:

Even in your own family?

Leadership isn't until you are elected into any key political position or pastoral/Imam position. Leadership entails you spearheading even a small group of people/friends.

When you aren't married, people will never take you serious and can never entrust you with anything serious. Reason why our constitution made it clear that before anyone could handle any key political position, you will ensure you married. So leadership is a sign of responsibility, and to he responsible, you must be stay married.
Africa... Which way??

2 Likes

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by fyneboi79(m): 2:02am On Dec 20, 2019
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 20, 2019
Riele:

An average man has nothing to offer a woman .
Bride price is angry with you right now undecided
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 20, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
I married at d age of 22, in 1959
Pele vs Messi?? Who is better

Please help us.. You watch them both grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by udemzyudex(m): 2:07am On Dec 20, 2019
Godsonjolly:

Lol � bronze spoon. Well, u correct o. Speechless �

grin grin

Bronze spoon naa, even though your family is not rich at least you have someone in the family that is willing to support you. grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:14am On Dec 20, 2019
arthorjnr:
True.
Life has always been that way in the beginning.
But there is a value to that paper.
Its a bond of law.
My two cents though.
Goodnight good sir.
I wish you happiness in life sir.

bro, before you leave, let me clarify that, in this day and age, you can be a common law couple without being married, and still have all the perks/advantages and traps of marriage. the only difference would be that common law spouse can get up and leave (whenever they desire) while married ones are in bondage and must 1st get a divorce before being able to break that bond.
have a great evening and all the blessings to you too.

1 Like

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 20, 2019
McAausim:
My ticket cut at the age of 18yrs in year 2001... Now am bless wit 4 lovely kids

If i may ask, how old was your wife then?

1 Like

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 20, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

bro... so you actually believe that the reason i dont believe in marriage is because i have never been in love?!?!?!?!? come on na!

it seem my post is hurting you in some way.... abeg go drink some tea, i heard it was doing wonder for stress related ailments.
this is NL, where each and everyone can share their opinion on any subject, if you have nothing to write on the subject at hand, just waka and be merry.

nah, i am saying i dont "need" to...

if we all look at marriage with an open mind, we must accept that the minute you sign on that dotted line, is when people are actually putting obstacles in their happy relationship. the majority take marriage for granted, and use that piece of paper as an excuse to not focus any longer on their partner; an excuse to not being sexy and attractive to your partner any longer; an excuse to become lazy. i dont want anybody to settle for a cheap version of myself, as i would never settle for a cheap low grade version of my woman.... she MUST always be on top of her game and understand that if she aint, then i have no interest being with her.

imagine a couple that met one another and did all these fun things together, cared for one another and cherish one another, had interest for each other and wanted to always get involved in doing things together.... til they fell in love and decided to get married... then they say "i do" and suddenly everything changes.... even 419 cant compare with such a scam. lol!
I agree with you..

Your point should challenge all married folks..

It cannot deter marriage tho.. Reasonable people should be wary of complacency in marriage..

I like Marriage, but for a guy it is always complicated!!!
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 20, 2019
Judybash93:

Hey bro!!! It's nice to meet you here, I'm a deist too
Become an Ifa Worshiper today..
Babe dey plenty for that side!!!

Correct wife materials oo...

1 Like

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by mrchineke: 2:26am On Dec 20, 2019
vicben27:
grin it's being 3 years of sending pocket money and maintenance fee to my fiancee', soo that l don't hear stories that touches the heart.she Don graduate over the weekend. it's not easy! l have learned how to be responsible over this time. dating a student ain't easy is like being married which comes with a lot of responsibilitiesgrincheesy

Marrying from a poor family get serious consequences. That money should have been spent on your own self improvement, a business or your financial advancement.

8 Likes

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 20, 2019
Ay04z:
I like dis girl
Trouble dey sleep, Ay04z go wake am up..
Wetin he dey find? palava he dey find..

Palava he go geti o ooooooo cool
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Theophinio(m): 2:30am On Dec 20, 2019
32 is the perfect age for me, but
I might marry at 31
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by djbussy(m): 2:30am On Dec 20, 2019
The day you start to copy paste a white man fashion.
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 20, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
NEVER WILL.... there is nothing valuable that marriage can bring to my life. you certainly dont need to be married to "live happily ever after".

I Happily SECONDED

2 Likes

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Powersurge: 2:36am On Dec 20, 2019
eduman365:

I was about to like your comment until I saw the "olosho" part.

Settling down at 35 is no big deal and many ambitious guys prefer that age due to the financial maturity. Just don't give yourself HIV before you clock 35. Learn to discipline your sex drive before it destroys you.
Ok.
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 20, 2019
Victorex001:

I understand this....my girlfriend currently is a Pastor’s daughter we both love each other but I keep letting her know her religion is scam....she treats it as secondary.
The main ish is that we love each other and understand and respect boundaries.
We also have disagreements about white wedding, I intend to do only a court wedding and traditional marriage not interest in a White man’s traditional marriage.

Though she dreams of changing me one day. Lmao.
What is your religion??
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 20, 2019
saasala:

I dont even mind doing a white wedding if it makes my woman happy.

You can just allow her the white wedding if it makes her happy. It doesnt make you tied to their religion. Sometimes you just have to compromise when you love someone
Go and marry people of your religion. Stop complicating other people's lives. undecided

1 Like

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 20, 2019
sprints1:
not your fault old cargo u married when Nigeria was still under British government things were cheap then..girls were cheap and had sense and fear of God
People are very disrespectful here ooooo.. Is that how you talk to your grandpa?? Old cargo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 20, 2019
saasala:

Leave her alone bro, except you are very young and just want to play around. But if it is wife you are looking for, let her be.

Always approach love issues from every logical angle. Be rational. Be pragmatic. Dont allow your emotions cloud your judgment.

I know wetin dey do you. Na beauty dey affect your brain. 20 year olds have fresh breasts and smooth skin. They also know how to show love because they are not really experienced. They seem very loving and all. Your eyes go clear soon.
You too like breasts jo undecided
Age and Maturity are not the same tho!!

A 20 year old first born may be more matured and responsible that a 26 years old last born..

4 Likes

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 20, 2019
Ibroleesky:
plss guys get married when ur John Thomas still av d strength
Marriage is not all about sex!!!
John Thomas ko, Bode Thomas ni undecided
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 20, 2019
friday2011:

I got married at the age of 29, i am 36 this year, got 3 wonderful kids, ages 5,3,1, we blessed God for provision, we are very very ok, and i married when my monthly pay was 54k, ordinarily as at 2012, it will be insane to think of wedding ceremony on that monthly pay without any additional sources of income, also note that i didnt get any financial support from anybody. All by my seff.

What am i trying to say... At any age above 25 years, if you feel you are mentally ready for marriage, pls go ahead, if you are waiting for plenty money, you no go marry ooo.
Your wife must be a hardworking type... and very understanding!!

A good partner always make you to see reasons for Marriage..

May be your wife is the catalyst here!!

2 Likes

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 20, 2019
grossintel:
Bro, I'm not in yet but seriously thinking if I really need this. I can't change anything in my house anymore, I can't play my fvcking PS4 on my 60 inch UHD 4K TV! She's always watching that usless Telemondo shiit show, If I insist on changing the channel she'll just angrily leave the sitting room and not come out again which makes me sad. The only way for me is to take my ps4 and goto one of the rooms and play it in a tiny 32 inch poor quality TV while she balance there, drinking Fresh Yogo and watching movie in loud volume. If she leaves on Jan, she go dey her papa house make I think this thing well.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 20, 2019
Grupo:

Yes. Send me a DM, let's talk.
I wish you luck!!
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by ikmontana(m): 3:00am On Dec 20, 2019
MhizBecky1992:
I'm waiting for my man sad
hi
cud I no more abt u?
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 20, 2019
MhizBecky1992:
I'm waiting for my man sad
You re still young..
Just 27 undecided
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by joepepsy(m): 3:01am On Dec 20, 2019
He can offer money and preek
Riele:

An average man has nothing to offer a woman .
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by joepepsy(m): 3:03am On Dec 20, 2019
Are you even married?
pocohantas:

No dear, they are a whole lot more sensible and mature than the guys here. No one cares the reason you don't wanna marry, just enjoy your singlehood and stop ranting.
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:10am On Dec 20, 2019
Godsonjolly:
If I may ask, why are people choosing 35yrs. Will ur gfs wait till then or what. Why not 27-30
What year did you gain admission into university, what year did you graduate, what year did you get a job. What year were you financially comfortable. If those questions did not matter to you then I suppose, marriage at the age of 27 is too old for you.

1 Like

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by Palmerbarry: 3:44am On Dec 20, 2019
29 ain't bad.
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by HIbreed(m): 3:44am On Dec 20, 2019
healthserve:

Yawns. How much you get wey dem wan scam for marriage. Muron. No go find money to raise family dey there dey dance naked dey yarn okpata. Yeye boy
shut up your dirty mouth, bingo.
Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 3:46am On Dec 20, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
I married at d age of 22, in 1959
Kid...
You must be remembering your grandfather...

Re: Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? by REDLORD1: 3:49am On Dec 20, 2019
After fvcking and gold digging women to my satisfaction!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Asking Your Boyfriend For Money / Say Your Christmas Wishes To Someone On Nairaland (2015) / Re: Thread For Girls That Don't Ave A Boy Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.