Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account (3894 Views)

Taofeek Arapaja Returns N36,000,000 Paid Into His Account (Letter) / Three PDP NWC Members Return ‘mysterious’ N93.6m Paid Into Accounts / Peter Obi: Oil Money Not Paid Into FG Account Since January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by LabDNA: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

Well, that's the case for now and it has been so for the past 5 yrs.

I once transferred about 1.5 m to an uncle who had never had that amount paid into his acc before. He couldn't withdraw a dime even with atm card. He contacted the bank and a questioning session ensued. The bank even placed a call to me for some questioning before his acc was freed. Meanwhile, my acc officer was the one that completed the discussion with the receiving bank.

Story story... They'll simply ask him to upgrade his account. Every account has a threshold of inflow. You fill a form, you upgrade the account. It wasn't because they think it's fraud.

No bank freezes an account without a petition complaint or court order. It's against banking statutes.

Stop lying.... I do business that runs into millions of inflows and I started with student account that had very little threshold of inflow. When the first million came in, I simply provided documentation for upgrade.

Liar!
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Simplyleo: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
LabDNA:

Story story... They'll simply ask to upgrade his account. Every account has a threshold, you fill a form, you increase your threshold.

Stop lying.
Okay, I no fit shout.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by kelvinginzie: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

Well, that's the case for now and it has been so for the past 5 yrs.

I once transferred about 1.5 m to an uncle who had never had that amount paid into his acc before. He couldn't withdraw a dime even with atm card. He contacted the bank and a questioning session ensued. The bank even placed a call to me for some questioning before his acc was freed. Meanwhile, my acc officer was the one that completed the discussion with the receiving bank.

What was the name of the receiving bank?
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Simplyleo: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
kelvinginzie:

What was the name of the receiving bank?
Zenith bank

Infact, I opened acc with gtbank and transferred 5m into the acc about a month later, I wasn't allowed access into the acc. My acc officer had to call the branch I was to carry out transaction before it was freed.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by maynation(f): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
ContentedK:
transfer to bdc operators and hold dollar equivalent in cash.. thank me later

Can such amount be transfered at once ni??
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Asquare84(m): 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
chibaby1985:

A Nigerian man identified as sunny Anderson has narrated how he returned a whooping 98 million Nigerian Naira which was mistakenly transferred to his bank account.

Sunny Sunday took to social media to share his good deed, while praying for grace on Nigerians, so that Nigerians to be able to return whatever doesn’t belong to them to their rightful owners

In his words;

“Today, God gave me the grace to return the sum of N98, 000, 000 (Ninety Eight Million Naira) that was mistakenly transferred into my Acct by a company based in Abuja.

God will never allow us take what belongs to someone else, no matter our level of LACK”.

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/nigerian-man-returns-98million-that-was.html?m=1

God will reward him
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by chibaby1985(f): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
Asquare84:

Amen
God will reward him
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by chibaby1985(f): 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

Zenith bank

Infact, I opened acc with gtbank and transferred 5m into the acc about a month later, I wasn't allowed access into the acc. My acc officer had to call the branch I was to carry out transaction before it was freed.
In this country or where?
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by godlyguy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

I'm telling you, if your acc had never had up to a million in it at a time and that amount is now paid into it, you will need to go to the bank for questioning before you can access the acc.

Though there are exceptions for obvious reasons.

Pls where are the bankers in the house?
Let this be moved to FRONT PAGE so we hear from professionals on NAIRALAND
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by godlyguy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
dukeprince50:
Na true, they will easily find him.
I guess you haven't heard of people that squandered money mistakenly sent to them and are serving jail term.
No I haven't
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Simplyleo: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
chibaby1985:
In this country or where?
Abeg, I no fit shout.

Something wey happen to me korokoro, somebody say na lie. E don do abeg, I no dey gain anything from whether or not people agree.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Simplyleo: 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
godlyguy:
Let this be moved to FRONT PAGE so we hear from professionals on NAIRALAND
Abeg I'm not even interested again. Something that I experienced, someone says is a lie. So what do I stand to gain or lose from whether or not my explanation is accepted. Abeg e don do.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by edoairways: 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2019
beresponsible:
You honest or mumu. I dunno which one
It was for the best. There are two things involved in this scenario;
1. If he doesn't return it he might be arrested
2. If he doesn't he might waste the money. However point one may likely occur because many people are desperate. Would you believe his side of the story if he was jailed and accused of theft or fraud? Would you believe him if the FBI were involved in the case; although they may be reputable agency however it doesn't rule the fact that they can be bribed.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by LabDNA: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

Okay, I no fit shout.

Na so...but if na IPOB muscle go full ya mouth.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by ContentedK: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
maynation:

like three transactions
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by chibaby1985(f): 12:06am On Dec 14, 2019
LabDNA:

Na so...but if na IPOB muscle go full ya mouth.
seems you want tribal wars?
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by fkj950ax(m): 12:06am On Dec 14, 2019
Absolute rubbish post by the man.
He would have gone to jail for 98 years with 98 members of his family.
He had no choice.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Okoroawusa: 12:10am On Dec 14, 2019
maynation:
What would he have done if he didn't return it?
He will be on the run for the rest of his life because the will know the account the money went into when they start looking for it.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Okoroawusa: 12:13am On Dec 14, 2019
maynation:

Don't mind him. The bank will still find out sooner or later.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Barrister180: 12:13am On Dec 14, 2019
Why should i return such favour
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by chibaby1985(f): 12:31am On Dec 14, 2019
grin
Barrister180:
Why should i return such favour
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by davillian(m): 12:38am On Dec 14, 2019
Once he enter bank efcc go carry am....
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by amuwo1980: 12:38am On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:
He has no other choice than to return it.

He won't even be able to access the account.

More like it
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by chibaby1985(f): 12:53am On Dec 14, 2019
davillian:
Once he enter bank efcc go carry am....
All is initial gragra
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Foxman19: 1:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Don't mind him.
LabDNA:

Story story... They'll simply ask him to upgrade his account. Every account has a threshold of inflow. You fill a form, you upgrade the account. It wasn't because they think it's fraud.

No bank freezes an account without a petition complaint or court order. It's against banking statutes.

Stop lying.... I do business that runs into millions of inflows and I started with student account that had very little threshold of inflow. When the first million came in, I simply provided documentation for upgrade.

Liar!
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by blaqoracle: 2:08am On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:
He has no other choice than to return it.

He won't even be able to access the account.
dis one wey im say na im come still announce am by himself show say na obubu yeye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Something Fishy About Abba Kyari's Death - A Mystery You Don't Know! / Hushpuppi Fraud: Aisha Reacts To Abba Kyari’s Suspension / How Tinubu’s 2 Daughters Acquired Properties Worth Billions In The US (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.