Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) (56704 Views)

EFCC Nab 33 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Owerri (Photo) / Prostitute Arrested After Being Tracked Down With Stolen Phone In Owerri. Photo / Young Guy Consumes N150 Worth Of Raw Pepper To Win A Bet In Owerri (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Jonathan39: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2019
If you are a graduate and you can't cater for you basic needs even without a good paying job then you didn't know what you studied In school. A criminal is a Criminal don't blame anyome for the part you've chosen for yourself
Sluacoast:

No work my brother, I'm a graduate and I'm yet to secure a good job. What about those who don't have any mean of catering for themselves and their old looking frail parents. Crime is bad but man must chop o. Blame the government and the dilapidated rugged system

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Mires: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

They collected 500k bail from one guy in my street

Court granted bail with 500k and you said EFCC collected bail? Go and ask the guy again to be well informed.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Mires: 8:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Xisnin:

He lied.
If he is telling the truth, let him produce the receipt or bank transaction
and petition EFCC headquarters.

EFCC does not request nor collect bail.
The guy probably don't know the meaning of bail.

If he indeed paid such money, then he bribed an officer to be set free and that is not a bail.

EFCC charges suspects to court and the court sets bail condition which is supervised by the court.
No money is paid to EFCC.

Oil de your head. No mind the person wey want tarnish the reputation of EFCC
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by nolilyte: 8:09am On Dec 14, 2019
Pls what is Nigeria doing to empower youths to stop this Yahoo-yahoo business, b/cs this yahoo-yahoo is taken over Nigerians Youth entirely. HUNGER is too much in the country no work for graduates let alone of undergraduates. pls let Govt do the needful b4 nija become yahoo country in 2020
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Xisnin(m): 8:14am On Dec 14, 2019
dairykidd:

Stop beating ur chest on what u don't know.. EFCC collects money from made men not these small small boys managing to buy car of 2m plus.. It's not official and it's not bail. It's settlement. It all goes down separately from the court bail conditions. Totally separate and different.
Stop derailing.
The poster claimed that EFCC collected money from his guy without evidence.

You are also claiming that EFCC collects money from "made men".
Made men like Mompha?

I am not saying it is impossible that some EFCC agents are extorting corrupt suspects.
But it is totally wrong to claim that EFCC is collecting bail money when it is actually going
into a private pocket.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Xisnin(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

It's a well-known fact that they're not really catching guys for the crime. The major reason why they go after these guys is to extort them. They use the yahoo boys to make money. Some guys even have their own informants in EFCC and SARS who provide them with information of which areas they'll be raiding, and the informants are paid monthly salaries by these guys.
A yahoo guy who was duped by his fellow yahoo guy can pay and 2 SARS guys will be assigned to him to arrest the yahoo guy that duped him. Happened to my neighbor. In the end, each of the SARS guys got 150k.

The entire system is messed up
EFCC is not SARS.
SARS extort people that is no news but I am still waiting for the victims of EFCC who
they extorted.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

EFCC in Owerri collects money from yahoo guys they caught. Maybe they're not meant to collect money but they do here. He's not even the first. It's common knowledge over here. The guy was even paraded, like these guys in this post. And they don't give receipts for bail. Even police doesn't do that.
SARS is even worse. They arrested someone living in my street and they used the guy's delivery company email to bill the guy's client
hmmm. Meaning they are also yahoo guys
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 14, 2019
Xisnin:

Stop derailing.
The poster claimed that EFCC collected money from his guy without evidence.

You are also claiming that EFCC collects money from "made men".
Made men like Mompha?

I am not saying it is impossible that some EFCC agents are extorting corrupt suspects.
But it is totally wrong to claim that EFCC is collecting bail money when it is actually going
into a private pocket.
I guess ur right tho.... Yes they extort just like other government agencies.. The small fries are for Sars upkeep while.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2019
Imo O-Were guys and ladies , which levels. ?
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by sen8or(m): 8:43am On Dec 14, 2019
Arsenal fan dey do yahoo......shior
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by seanwilliam(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2019
To dey even waka for road now na wahala.. Ibadan is hot now! Na taxi and bus sars dey use now.. everyone no be yahoo na
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by mctfopt: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

They arrest innocent guys too. In Owerri, they'll raid an entire building and arrest all the young guys and if you're innocent, you'll still pay to be released. I'm a freelance web developer but everyday I'm afraid if I get arrested. It's easier if you have a brick-and-mortar business. At least you can show them where you make money from. They believe everyone who makes money from their laptop is an internet fraudster

I understand, but truth is, there is no way you'll pay 500k if arrested if you've got a legit business. I know Nigerian police are fond of illegally arresting any young dude, especially those that looks fresh and clean, to extort them. Will you ever pay 500k if you are arrested? I guess the answer is no.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by DavIkenna(m): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2019
commendable...
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by highshownoni: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2019
Up Gunners grin
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by defxon(m): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2019
It seems all the young men in this country are all going into internet fraud. Honestly the government ought to provide more jobs and better standard of living to reduce the rate of internet fraud. Not just arresting them alone.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by OnyesomJ(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2019
Watin 16yr old wan use money do
Were He no get Family to Feed
This Generation sef
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Nature8(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by tightpussy156: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2019
stupid efcc them.one just show their face to deceived members of the public say them.they work. once those guys pay money to the fools each them go forget matter an released them sharp, sharp.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2019
Glorifiednwafor:

Let God save you and your miserable parents and state first..

First of all you are talking nonsense about Owerri people as if your state is holier than thou, where do you come from first before we talk, eh?? Which state do you come from cos you seem to know owerri people more than owerri people know themselves, SS2 girls sleeping with 4 men bla bla bla, ain't you even stupid to even talk like a kid, did you flash torch for them when they were doing it?! Ewu mmehh!

Go to hell mgbeke.

I am an Owerri man, and what he said is 100% correct. I am ashamed of Owerri, parents should be ashamed.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 14, 2019
Criticaltemp:
I seriously weep for this generation.. We want to get rich quick, i
We go extra miles just to acquire material things.. No virtues in our dearly dealings.. This is wrong, as a youth i kick against internet fraud. Lets say no to YAHOO YAHOO.. It's evil in all ramifications.. There is no justification for Fraud my people..

Thank you so much, Yahoo Yahoo has nothing to do with poverty but everything to do with GREED.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by DerickCO(m): 11:51am On Dec 14, 2019
See as all of them bend head. Maybe they no want may their mama see them. If not na garri turner straight.
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by millionboi2: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
frosbel2:
Owerri Owerri , what is it with your youth and scamming ?? Why all this greed ?

Owerri that once produced worthy sons with solid achievements , is now producing shameless thieves and miscreants.

Where are their parents ?
if u see d way thy boast with dis fraud money u will b tempted to join

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by GregJames(m): 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
lonelydora:

Exactly. That's why more people are moving to Canada.

Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Glorifiednwafor:

Thunder fire you fire your I'm owerri man..

You must be a scammer or be benefiting from scamming .
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2019
mctfopt:

I understand, but truth is, there is no way you'll pay 500k if arrested if you've got a legit business. I know Nigerian police are fond of illegally arresting any young dude, especially those that looks fresh and clean, to extort them. Will you ever pay 500k if you are arrested? I guess the answer is no.
It's fear and intimidation that make guys pay. Also, SARS will tell you that they'll shoot you and claim you're a robber, and when you know they can do it you'll have no option than to comply. And you know how the country is... we'll just make noise on social media and after 2days everybody will forget the person
Re: 16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2019
Goalnaldo:
hmmm. Meaning they are also yahoo guys
Na so nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) / Handsome Cultist Shot Dead In Awka (Graphic Photos) / Ogun: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.